:{Mr.Mustachio!
DV7
messixaviesta
Albiceleste
Khaled
62 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 13 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm

danyjr wrote:No racial or xenophobic incidents? Laughing

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/05062010/47/liga-rosell-quiere-africano-masia.html

Words of your master :coffee:

Rosell is an idiot, but that's not a racial incident dude. It's a racist opinion from one individual, and the policy of la masia hasn't actually changed.

An incident is people trying to beat immigrants like it happened in el ejido or with Latin Americans around Madrid.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 13 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

I already said I don't generalise people. In fact 2 of my best friends back in school are from Catalonia as well as an ex and their families were all very nice people too.

But your press is biased towards Catalans and so are your politicians.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:10 pm

danyjr wrote:I already said I don't generalise people. In fact 2 of my best friends back in school are from Catalonia as well as an ex and their families were all very nice people too.

But your press is biased towards Catalans and so are your politicians.

Off course they are, as anywhere else in the world. Biased doesn't mean to be racist or xenophobic.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I knew as soon as Danyjr mentioned Catalonia and racism this would happen.

Let's not derail this thread, shall we?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 pm

There are idiots everywhere. The only place I've every been called a sudaca was at Barcelona but I don't judge an entire country for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:26 am

Stay on topic please. Stop talking trash.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:22 am

very good first half. tried to dribble almost everytime which he normally does not. and was successful. atleast one or two cases got cheer from crowd. was fouled for his dribling. He had nothing more to do in first half.
2nd half opposite i think. quiet ..missed the goal.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 am

I thought he had a very good game so dont get the criticism.I have been impressed by him in recent weeks because he is trying to take on players which is always a positive.And his touch seems to have improved.Brought down a couple of wonderful balls.Now just needs to start putting them in. Still definitely seems to be taking a step in the right direction.At this point in time definitely deserves the start over Pedro.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by justin77 Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm

What exactly happened to Sanchez? He was a top class player when playing for Udinese, and when he went to Barca, was supposed to be great- what happened?

justin77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Nothing happened, its just harder to play his current role for Barca than it is his old role at Udinese.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Sánchez playing more centrally with more freedom. Looks like watching a completely different player to Barcelona's Alexis.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:16 pm

I think that's why Alex originally thought Pep saw him as a Messi sub. He would do well there.

But yeah, completely different player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am

The level of confidence and expression is clear, the little things, like that reverse spin to recieve the 1-2...its someone who is confident at that time, comfortable...

Some of those passes....superb vision.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 am

I mentioned the idea of playing Messi behind Villa with Pedro holding width on the left and Alves basically having the entire wing to himself because he can Laughing

I think Sanchez would excel in that set up instead of Villa also.

More space and fits his skill sets a lot more.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:28 am

Yep, and we did that early in the season sort of.

A couple early games we went 3313 because we was behind with 10-20 minuntes left.

The front 4 was how you said, Alexis in front, Messi behind..I believe it was Tello left, Pedro right and Dani Alves in defence or injured.

It worked very well, dont know why we stopped going there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:09 pm

That formation is very risky business considering the defence Barcelona has. With Piqué having to occasionally get dragged out wide to contain an opposition player it is a bit of a suicide knowing his lack of space and also how many times he's got owned by average players on the wing. With Puyol this was less of an issue because he was quick and comfortable playing a wide role occasionally.

It is a tactic that should be saved for desperate times, not being deployed as a default.

PS: Also while I agree that Alexis is more useful centrally than wide, his poor finishing leaves question marks over him playing as a 9.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thanks for the effort of finding Khaled, I looked over a good 5 or 6 of these, good stuff.

I really like South American players for one reason above all, they generally have alot of fighting spirit and character. They dont give up on things, they fight for things...Sanchez is no different, gritty player, if the ball can be one, he uses the same intensity in winning it as he does when he has it.

Rare to find lazy south American players I think, other then Brazilians maybe.
Can't agree more :coffee:
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm

danyjr wrote:That formation is very risky business considering the defence Barcelona has. With Piqué having to occasionally get dragged out wide to contain an opposition player it is a bit of a suicide knowing his lack of space and also how many times he's got owned by average players on the wing. With Puyol this was less of an issue because he was quick and comfortable playing a wide role occasionally.

It is a tactic that should be saved for desperate times, not being deployed as a default.

PS: Also while I agree that Alexis is more useful centrally than wide, his poor finishing leaves question marks over him playing as a 9.

Sure, we arent pressing consistently well enough to play that formation from the start of games. As you touched on desperate times..thing is, desperate times pre Milan, we didnt change anything.

As for the back line, in a back 3 we probably dont have the players for it anymore even with the pressing.

Puyol/Dani Alves and Abidal on the sides and Pique in the middle, about 3 years ago could of been plausaible, now no.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 am

Since Sanchez joined 2011~

Sanchez 20+13@75 4438 minutes, 0.67 (G+A)/90min
Pedro 20+19@85 5592 minutes, 0.63 (G+A)/90min

Shots in La Liga + UCL

Sanchez 81
Pedro 99
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:57 pm

"Sé qué tipo de jugador soy. Sé que soy un gran jugador, un jugadorazo. Sé que puedo decidir partidos y siempre he estado entre los mejores jugadores del mundo. Me siento importante a nivel nacional y también en Barcelona, donde soy feliz

"I know what type of player I am. I know I am a very good player, a great one. I know I can decide matches and have always been amongst the best in the world. I feel important at the national team and also at Barcelona, where I am happy"

Boom dat confidence :bow:
Look at what returning to his home does to him
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Saw some highlights of his game and he really impressed me. A nice reminder of what he is capable of. He's obviously a good player, but the game still proved to me why he has to go. He can't play that role in Barca because its Messi's.

Always said he'd make a decent false 9 for us. Good balance, prefers to twist and turn with space both sides rather than going at a player from the wing. Underrated vertical passer.

I do like watching Chile, great team.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 am

He can't even play that role without Messi, we'd probably stick Cesc there or something knowing us.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 am

Let's bring some of that confidence back to Barcelona now, Sanchez. I've been seeing it recently, and this game shows it.

Highly impressed with the vision and execution of those passes. He's had some good passes for Barca before, but I didn't know he was capable of those kinds of passes.

I said earlier this year to sell him and cut our losses. With Pedro's form and Sanchez improving...I'm not so sure anymore. He clearly has potential, still.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:19 am

Johan Cruyff (ex-Barcelona): "Alexis Sanchez gets a lot of criticism, but he's a quality player who adds something different to Barça."

Johan Cruyff (ex-Barcelona): "Against Mallorca, Alexis was decisive. Of course he's no Messi, but Barça can be happy to have him." [telegraaf]
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:09 am

i be pissed if we sell him at the end of the season.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 am

A man not short of debate this season, nevertheless, Alexis Sánchez has after the win versus Betis been involved in 50% of FC Barcelona’s last 22 goals. The Chilean winger has scored five goals and given six assists in the last eight matches.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/statistics/stat-of-the-day-50/#ixzz2SghvgHaC

Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next