Iceman
djoe26
Ali
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Starting XI - Page 3 Empty Re: Starting XI

Post by Sri Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:18 am

Chessy is got age on his side.. He can stay with use for what, 12-13 years more? After so long with crises, I wouldn't mind a WC GK for a decade Very Happy

Although Fabianksi has shown him true potential this season, with the number of games we play, I think we can manage to keep both happy with some decent rotation.. Besides, this is Arsenal, we are bound to have injuries.. (Sorry for the pessimisim here, but we had to sign Lehmann back remember?)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:11 am

Lol I'd say Chessy will b e our no.1 next season with fabi being 1st in CC and FA cup games.
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 am

Kiwigunner wrote:Thats true, but do we want to lose Szczesny to another team? He's clearly a great talent.
As long as Fabianski is better then he must start. Just because Woj may be better than him over time doesn't mean he should get the nod now. & who says Fabianski can't leave too? Obviously the other players see them day in day out and if they see the second best gk starting, what would they think of the manager? At the end of the day everybody wants to play but i think what the club needs to have a big team mentality and play the best man available(no massaging of egos) and also players who think more about the team rather than their own selfish interests. That's the problem with not having older players in the team, everybody thinks they are the ish! Cool , i'm sure if we had an older experienced keeper no one would be talking even if they were better than him, they would just work hard and capture the jersey like Hart did

Last edited by Ze_GunMan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:54 am

Ze_GunMan wrote:
Kiwigunner wrote:Thats true, but do we want to lose Szczesny to another team? He's clearly a great talent.
As long as Fabianski is better then he must start. Just because Woj may be better than him over time doesn't mean he should get the nod now. & who says Fabianski can't leave too? Obviously the other players see them day in day out and if they see the second best gk starting, what would they think of the manager? At the end of the day everybody wants to play but i think what the club needs to have a big team mentality and play the best man available(no massaging of egos) and also players who think more about the team rather than their own selfish interests. That's the problem with not having older players in the team, everybody thinks they are the ish! Cool , i'm sure if we had an older experienced keeper no one would be talking even if they were better thab him, they would just work hard and capture the jersey like Hart did

I find this pretty funny.. We ended the season with Lehmann and Almunia, both of whom are older and more experienced, even though blondie is not the "better" by miles.. Razz :lol!:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 am

srigooner wrote:
Ze_GunMan wrote:
As long as Fabianski is better then he must start. Just because Woj may be better than him over time doesn't mean he should get the nod now. & who says Fabianski can't leave too? Obviously the other players see them day in day out and if they see the second best gk starting, what would they think of the manager? At the end of the day everybody wants to play but i think what the club needs to have a big team mentality and play the best man available(no massaging of egos) and also players who think more about the team rather than their own selfish interests. That's the problem with not having older players in the team, everybody thinks they are the ish! Cool , i'm sure if we had an older experienced keeper no one would be talking even if they were better than him, they would just work hard and capture the jersey like Hart did

I find this pretty funny.. We ended the season with Lehmann and Almunia, both of whom are older and more experienced, even though blondie is not the "better" by miles.. Razz :lol!:

Now those two are special cases, anybody would scream "HORROR" if they were benched for any of those guys hahaha! But what i'm saying is that these guys must be patient and grab any opportunity to shine as it comes. Look at Neuer, 4th choice for German NT a few weeks before the World Cup, right now i don't think there is a goalkeeper in the world i would take over that guy! During Fab's injury, Szczesny hasn't really convinced me that he's the best right now Afro
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:31 am

fabianski has had 2 or 3 years now to prove himself...wojciech had 7 months nd i dnt see ne reason why he shud loose his spot...dsnt make sense watsoever

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Personally, I'd think Chessy would be far ahead of Fabi if he played as many times as Fabi has.. Maybe Fabi is a slow bloomer.. But I don't see why we'd sell either of them.. Atleast not this season itself..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Both Fabianski and Szczesny are so young that eventually one will want to leave to get regular playing time lets just hope we end up with the better of the two on the long run...

Szczesny seems to be a better reader of the game and not necessarily spectacular in terms of acrobatic saves etc, but if he turns out to be in the van de sar mold then you couldn't ask for much more...
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

We're going to lose one of them for sure. But the question is, do we lose the one who is currently better, or the one who will be better in the future?

From what i understand, Wenger's attitude towards keepers are that he has the player that's been playing in goal, in goal. If they give him a reason to not play him, then he could (will in this case) give the other a chance, until they mess up.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3