Lynx100
The_ItalianFool
MMM
DeviAngel
13 posters

Go down

Conte: 'We're performing miracles'  Empty Conte: 'We're performing miracles'

Post by DeviAngel Sun 04 Mar 2012, 00:11

Antonio Conte thought Juventus deserved to win this evening, but warned fans they are “performing miracles” to be in the title race at all.

The Bianconeri are now three points behind leaders Milan, albeit with a game in hand, after their 1-1 draw with Chievo.

“I don’t know why the fans jeered. We must not forget where we’ve come from, as in just seven months we have reached this stage by going at full pelt and taking some short-cuts,” said the Coach.

“It takes patience and the fans must be proud of what we are achieving. Otherwise I really don’t know what to say.

“The team has to grow, because there are much more organised sides than us right now. In the summer there was talk of this squad being good enough only for sixth place, so what we’re doing now is performing miracles.”

Juve had taken the lead against Chievo this evening, but struggled to convert chances and allowed the Flying Donkeys to catch up.

“Tonight we played with the 4-3-3 system that was also used in the final stages against Milan. We could and should have won today, so this draw leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

“We always play very aggressively, so every now and then it’s natural to have a bit of a physical setback. It seemed as if we wanted to smash our way into the game, but that used up a lot of energy and we left ourselves open to too many Chievo counter-attacks. I didn’t like that at all.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte: 'We're performing miracles'  Empty Re: Conte: 'We're performing miracles'

Post by MMM Sun 04 Mar 2012, 04:57

I respect conte and I'm greatful for what he has done so far but playing padoin on right and put krasic on stand?!!!! comeon I'm not a krasic fan but I prefer him to padoin everyday. even elia could get a chance tonight. that was a boring match. it doesn't mean becuase we ended up 7th last season we can't say anything about any of our draws...
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Conte: 'We're performing miracles'  Empty Re: Conte: 'We're performing miracles'

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:02

No no no... this juve is horrible. Padoin sucks, Conte sucks, this isnt the juve quality... Wah wah wah. 🐰
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 09:45

MMM wrote:I respect conte and I'm greatful for what he has done so far but playing padoin on right and put krasic on stand?!!!! comeon I'm not a krasic fan but I prefer him to padoin everyday. even elia could get a chance tonight. that was a boring match. it doesn't mean becuase we ended up 7th last season we can't say anything about any of our draws...

Thumbs up
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sun 04 Mar 2012, 17:27

I don't like these quotes by Conte. This is the first time he has sounded like he's making excuses for the team like Ranieri, Del Neri, or Ferrara. I don't like our manager basically saying that we're lucky to be where we are in the standings. Conte needs to start being flexible because these lineups are very bad. I feel like he runs Juve like it's a small time club or youth team where he rewards players by how well they do in training. You can't run a major club like Juve like that. He needs to play the best players more often and in their correct positions. Juve does not have a lot of matches this season and we should not be rotating our team so often. Stop experimenting and put the best 11 on the pitch!
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sun 04 Mar 2012, 20:12

I agree with CONTE

everyone should be surprised with JUVENTUS progress considering the terrible strikers they have,

I actually find it interesting how come the team manage to score goals

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Sun 04 Mar 2012, 20:19

lucianomoggi wrote:I agree with CONTE

everyone should be surprised with JUVENTUS progress considering the terrible strikers they have,

I actually find it interesting how come the team manage to score goals

don't be absurd, our strikers are on the top 10 of the league
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juverpool Sun 04 Mar 2012, 21:52

what worries me more is the words and attitude from Conte than anything else.. he is making excuses now like all other previous coaches.. we are talking about juventus, not siena.. we are talking about champion club..
juverpool
juverpool
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun 04 Mar 2012, 22:01

He just won't admit that we are not deserving the title and that he made mistakes
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun 04 Mar 2012, 22:03

I think and hope he learns from his mistakes.... there is still plenty of time life.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sun 04 Mar 2012, 22:03

Juventude wrote:I don't like these quotes by Conte. This is the first time he has sounded like he's making excuses for the team like Ranieri, Del Neri, or Ferrara. I don't like our manager basically saying that we're lucky to be where we are in the standings. Conte needs to start being flexible because these lineups are very bad. I feel like he runs Juve like it's a small time club or youth team where he rewards players by how well they do in training. You can't run a major club like Juve like that. He needs to play the best players more often and in their correct positions. Juve does not have a lot of matches this season and we should not be rotating our team so often. Stop experimenting and put the best 11 on the pitch!
Exactly.. That's the only thing I'm worried about, it all started the same with several coaches..

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun 04 Mar 2012, 22:04

Faith guys, faith Conte is born winner he knows what he is doing there is slight slump in form but with a win we are back
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Sun 04 Mar 2012, 22:59

Conte: 'We're performing miracles'  ZdH2A
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 06:21

DeviAngel wrote:He just won't admit that we are not deserving the title and that he made mistakes

He needs to be less stubborn and realise that his system and choice of players is not working any more and needs to make a change.

That will take him from being a good coach to an excellent coach.

Until that happens, we are doomed to mediocre play.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon 05 Mar 2012, 19:04

What good players are you guys talking about.

Elia?
Krasic?

The first is probably not cutting it in training, hence the omission, and the second is simply not that good.

Hell, most of the Juve fans have been slamming Pepe and calling him mediocre when he was one of the main heroes of your season. Hopefully the Juve administration are not as fickle as the fans. Juve is a project, and if you hurry a project you will end up ruining it.

Fact is, you guys overrate your players.

There is a reason you fail to convert your chances, and that reason is that your offensive options are crap.

Aside from Quag, who is terribly inconsistent and not that much of a goal threat, none of your options are creative forces. Vuci is not a champion, and neither is Borrielo. And if yo want the truth of the matter, neither is Matri. Sure, Matri scores goals, but there is a reason he stayed at Cagiliari as long as he did, and that is because he is not a champion.

This Juve is only doing well because of its defensive solidarity, and if you think that is due to the great players you have, then you are wrong. It is all Conte's mentality that is behind your defensive solidarity, as well as behind regular players like Pepe and Giach pushing way over their weight.

It really is easy to call on a man's mistakes. But you guys know better than the coach, as always.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon 05 Mar 2012, 19:43

^This!

Couldn't have said it better dude.

They know better than Conte Afro
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon 05 Mar 2012, 20:08

Lord Spencer wrote:What good players are you guys talking about.

Elia?
Krasic?

The first is probably not cutting it in training, hence the omission, and the second is simply not that good.

Hell, most of the Juve fans have been slamming Pepe and calling him mediocre when he was one of the main heroes of your season. Hopefully the Juve administration are not as fickle as the fans. Juve is a project, and if you hurry a project you will end up ruining it.

Fact is, you guys overrate your players.

There is a reason you fail to convert your chances, and that reason is that your offensive options are crap.

Aside from Quag, who is terribly inconsistent and not that much of a goal threat, none of your options are creative forces. Vuci is not a champion, and neither is Borrielo. And if yo want the truth of the matter, neither is Matri. Sure, Matri scores goals, but there is a reason he stayed at Cagiliari as long as he did, and that is because he is not a champion.

This Juve is only doing well because of its defensive solidarity, and if you think that is due to the great players you have, then you are wrong. It is all Conte's mentality that is behind your defensive solidarity, as well as behind regular players like Pepe and Giach pushing way over their weight.

It really is easy to call on a man's mistakes. But you guys know better than the coach, as always.

Finally-- an objective view!

A little harsh, but most of this is true. We are over-achieving right now, I never expected this team in its first season to win the Scudetto.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 20:15

@ Lord spencer
U said nothing but the truth ! Well written!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon 05 Mar 2012, 20:25

I don't think any Juve fan in this section expected us to compete for the Scudetto, but I think all of us expected Juve to not draw against Chievo, Cagliari, Siena, Parma, Catania, etc. Beating or drawing against Milan, Inter, Udinese, Lazio, or Napoli is great. But drawing against mediocre teams in Serie A sucks. And it's not just drawing, it's HOW we're playing against these mediocre teams. The level of play appears to have gone down and the team might be starting to regress. Too many of us have seen this team fall apart in the second half of the season and we don't want it to happen again.

In my opinion, Conte can't imply that we are lucky to be where we are in the table. That's something a team like Lazio or Udinese would say. This team has spent a lot of money in recent years to improve. Conte has to want more from his players.

Like it or not, Juve has raised its expectations by being in the Scudetto race at the midpoint of the season. I will not be content with anything other than third place or better.

Last edited by Juventude on Mon 05 Mar 2012, 20:28; edited 1 time in total
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon 05 Mar 2012, 20:26

Lord Spencer I told you man I missed you so damn much Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 08:08

Nothing that anyone says or does on this forum is going to change anything that Conte does. Its a forum. We give our opinions knowing full well that at the end of the day what we say means peanuts in the real world.

Saying that - Spencer - are we only suppose to give Conte Kudos for his good work and turn a blind eye to his deficits?? GTFO!

So yes - I will continue to express my opinion on what Conte is good at and what hes bad at. That why everyone is here - to discuss topics and share OUR views.

Noones denying Contes good work. Noones claiming most of out players are world class. Noones saying that the Pepe and the Giacch are great players.

Fact is - Conte got Juventus to 1st place after 19 games - hes doing something right and now he has an obligation, and infact its his JOB, to see that the team is continually improving - thats why hes paid the millions that he is.

So if he guided us to 5th in mid season and to 3rd at the end of the season - wed be stoked and hes done his job. But if he can guide us to 1st in midseason and then takes up to 4th at the end of the season - has he really continued to improve our team? or has he just run out of ideas half way through the season and struggled to come up with a plan B when the oppositions have worked out how to counter his plan A??

Are we supposed to accept mediocrity when we have shown this season that we are CLEARLY capable of being better than that?

Are we supposed to 'slow play' our rise to the top of italian football just because we had managers who didnt make the cut for the last 3 seasons and now we finally do?

Conte is a very good coach - but in order to progress to being brilliant, he needs to acknowledge his shortcoming and work on them. As is the case with any manager out there.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down