Should have. Laughing

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mourinho is coming back home  - Page 2 Empty Re: Mourinho is coming back home

Post by Shed Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 am

Kick wrote:Should have. Laughing
Although, the subject of the post before that one was Zola and the idea of a pre-contract with him, so I think it's fair to say the fault lies with you :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:00 am

Sheddy Pants, Always in the right, Never in the wrong. :wub:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:03 am

Kick wrote:Sheddy Pants, Always in the right, Never in the wrong. :wub:
That sounds about right. Well done Thumbs up

:wub:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:I think many are glossing over the fact that most of the problems we've had over the last 6 or so years were caused by him in the first place. We're still to this day feeling the effects of his first stint that ended years ago, and not in a good way. Do we really want to go through that all over again?

To be fair we've had ample time to recover from when Mou left, but instead of brining in new young players (like we have recently with mata, hazard, oscar, ramires, luiz) and using youth players we stuck by Essien, Carvahlo, Bossingwa, and the rest of the old guard for way too long whilst being very reliant on the likes of Drogba and Lampard without ever properly lining up replacements for them.

Mou called the core of his squad "undroppable" a long long time ago, but it took us until last season to actually drop them, THAT was our problem and it wasnt Mous doing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:15 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:He brings success, yes....but that's all he brings. Does he bring stability? No. Does he bring a long-term plan or vision? No. Does he bring the ability to build a side on a modest budget? No. Does he bring a history of bringing through younger players who aren't yet the finished article and help them reach their potential? No.

This isn't a good fit any way I look at it, and it reeks of the same directionless, short-term approach to running a football club that got is into this mess in the first place.

IMO this is a very unfair post.

He does bring stability, we had pretty much the most stable team while winning trophies during his time.

His long term vision is the reason why Chelsea bought so many young players who were just about to enter their prime or just entered their prime. Until recently they were still a major part in the team. Beacause quality is everything in the end. Yes he might have made some sacrifices but thats because Chelsea were building a new team and players didn't get time to settle in and build their team chemistry. That was the fault of Abra because he wanted instant success, and anything that goes fast usually takes more damage.

Modest Budget, again, it was Abra's need of instant success that made him use a large budget. But right now we have a fantastic squad and apart from a striker, I'm pretty sure that he can do miracles with this squad. He has at hand(if he comes) one of the best attacking midfields in the world right now, then he has a very solid defensive mid in Mikel, defense is quite solid although he can tweak it of course.

And about the mess we got into, thats not Mou's fault. He left because he came to a point where the ideas did not match with the higher authorities. And also we couldn't get out of the mess, up until now, because we are not tolerant with managers. Doesn't matter who comes in, Morgan Freeman himself can come in but Abra needs to be patient and let the team do the talking. The best example is RDM. He was perfect, but a small slump and BAM!

IMO Mou is the best manager we can get right now because United is slacking, City is just city with Mancini. Arsenal flopping badly. We just need a bit of consistency throughout the season and some defensive priorities sorted out. Then we should be able to win the PL pretty easily.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:He brings success, yes....but that's all he brings. Does he bring stability? No. Does he bring a long-term plan or vision? No. Does he bring the ability to build a side on a modest budget?
Well we simply cannot do better than Jose atm. Who else is out there? Or would you rather keep Rafa?

No. Does he bring a history of bringing through younger players who aren't yet the finished article and help them reach their potential? No.
Mikel. Varane.

Plus how many young players do we REALLY need to bring through the ranks atm? Our squad already has a lot of young players.

Mata - 24
Hazard - 22
Oscar - 21
Moses - 22
Marin - 24
Azpi - 23
Luiz - 25
Bertrand - 23

Even Ramires is only 26. Cahill is 27. That's 10 of our squad players in their early/mid 20s.

There's really no position that's begging for a replacement from the youth ranks atm and I don't think a lot of them are good enough to get a job done either. I was fairly impressed with the little cameos Ake & Saville have played for us this season but let's face it, they aren't first team quality. At least not right now.

The only real argument is Lukaku coming back and being a regular, which is entirely very likely given the fact that I doubt Jose is going to stick with Torres.

So really, there isn't a need for youth players atm. The only other youth players or should I say, young players that we have good enough to play in the first team are Courtois & KDB and they will probably go on loan somewhere, wherever.

Jose, despite not having a habit of putting youth players out there, will make the obvious choice when its there for all to see. Just look at Varane. He's only 19.

On Varane:

“It is quite impossible that Varane is just 19 and playing with such a great skill, strength and experience,” Drogba said on Friday.

“He is one of the best defenders to have challenged me that way in all my career and I believe he will turn a wonderful world player in the near future.”

This isn't a good fit any way I look at it, and it reeks of the same directionless, short-term approach to running a football club that got is into this mess in the first place.
Like I said, there really isn't anyone else that can do a good job atm and despite the fact that Jose is almost never long term anywhere,he can be here for up to 4 years. Better than the 2-3 managers per season we've been having the past few years, if you ask me.

I think what a lot of you need to understand is that we're not going to get a SAF type long term manager. In fact, there are hardly any managers in football today or in history that stay that long with a single club.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:I think many are glossing over the fact that most of the problems we've had over the last 6 or so years were caused by him in the first place. We're still to this day feeling the effects of his first stint that ended years ago, and not in a good way. Do we really want to go through that all over again?
I don't understand
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 pm

fatman123 wrote:Plus, this team doesnt have the winners mentality we had under Mou, Carlo and RDM, and although thatis mainly due to FSW, its something we've always based ourselves on, ffs we showed more fight under Scolari with an inferior team

im good with mou coming back, plus dem press confrences :bow:
FFS Scolari had a cracking team Laughing How can you say he had an inferior team? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:He brings success, yes....but that's all he brings. Does he bring stability? No. Does he bring a long-term plan or vision? No. Does he bring the ability to build a side on a modest budget?
Well we simply cannot do better than Jose atm. Who else is out there? Or would you rather keep Rafa?
There are many options out there that I can think of that, in my own, personal opinion, would be better for us in the long-run that bringing back Mourinho. DeBoer, Montella, Laudrup, Moyes (iffy), etc. None of them guaranteed successes by any stretch, but all of whom, I feel, fit where the hierarchy appear to be wanting to take the club infinitely more than someone like Mourinho does in terms of style, structure, philosophy, etc.

Blue Barrett wrote:I think what a lot of you need to understand is that we're not going to get a SAF type long term manager. In fact, there are hardly any managers in football today or in history that stay that long with a single club.
Obviously. I don't think anyone actually believes we or anyone else can appoint a manager and have them stay for a decade+. Besides, I don't see Chelsea as being that kind of club anyway. But what I do think we should be looking at, considering the deep-seated problems that run through the club from top to bottom, is someone who can come in and, even if he departs after a few years, would leave the club in a more stable, structured, founded state than when he took over. Can you honestly say Mourinho will do that? He is and always has been a flash in the pan, 'win a few trophies and I'm off' kind of manager. I don't know how anyone can suggest that that's suddenly now going to change.

Blue Barrett wrote:Plus how many young players do we REALLY need to bring through the ranks atm? Our squad already has a lot of young players.
Again, I'm looking at this several years down the line. There are no youth players right at this moment that are ready to be given a place in the first team. That's obvious. But who's to say someone like Josh or Chalobah in a year or two's time wouldn't be ready to possibly to make the step up? You've been someone who's spoken very optimistically about their chances at Chelsea, as have I, and most of us on here for that matter. Do you trust Mourinho to bring them through and give them opportunities and develop them and not just go out and buy the biggest and best name available for any position he needs filled, as he ALWAYS has done in the past?
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:06 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
There are many options out there that I can think of that, in my own, personal opinion, would be better for us in the long-run that bringing back Mourinho. DeBoer, Montella, Laudrup, Moyes (iffy), etc. None of them guaranteed successes by any stretch, but all of whom, I feel, fit where the hierarchy appear to be wanting to take the club infinitely more than someone like Mourinho does in terms of style, structure, philosophy, etc.
Those are just wildcards and guesses tbh, which we're going to have to take eventually but there's still no guarantee. The only real knock on Jose imo is on the issue of youth players. However, the young players in the squad already(MAZACAR and the likes) will grow immensly under him. He'll see to it that they reach an entirely new level of stardom.

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:I think what a lot of you need to understand is that we're not going to get a SAF type long term manager. In fact, there are hardly any managers in football today or in history that stay that long with a single club.
Obviously. I don't think anyone actually believes we or anyone else can appoint a manager and have them stay for a decade+. Besides, I don't see Chelsea as being that kind of club anyway. But what I do think we should be looking at, considering the deep-seated problems that run through the club from top to bottom, is someone who can come in and, even if he departs after a few years, would leave the club in a more stable, structured, founded state than when he took over. Can you honestly say Mourinho will do that? He is and always has been a flash in the pan, 'win a few trophies and I'm off' kind of manager. I don't know how anyone can suggest that that's suddenly now going to change.
I would say he left the club in a rather stable state last time. Afterall we got to the CL final right after he left and kept the same core for years(and won the league again with that core plus other trophies).

I think you're also looking at how Inter turned out once he left. Thing is, that CL squad Inter had were on their last legs and Jose got the best out of them in his 2-3 years there. He's not a manager that's going to build your squad from scratch for you, which is one of the reasons why he left Inter. We aren't building from scratch, we have an almost complete squad(which is another reason he's interested) and only need maybe a striker and a DM to complete the team.

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Plus how many young players do we REALLY need to bring through the ranks atm? Our squad already has a lot of young players.
Again, I'm looking at this several years down the line. There are no youth players right at this moment that are ready to be given a place in the first team. That's obvious. But who's to say someone like Josh or Chalobah in a year or two's time wouldn't be ready to possibly to make the step up? You've been someone who's spoken very optimistically about their chances at Chelsea, as have I, and most of us on here for that matter. Do you trust Mourinho to bring them through and give them opportunities and develop them and not just go out and buy the biggest and best name available for any position he needs filled, as he ALWAYS has done in the past?
Again as I stated, Jose will give whatever young player a place in the team if the player is good enough(see Varane). Chalobah is a lot more likely to be in the team than Josh, from the way I see things. He's a very physical player with a lot of pace and covers a lot of ground(which is one of our identities in that DM position over the years). Already playing well beyond his years. Can't see a situation where he doesn't get a chance to prove himself. He'll end up going on loan once or twice again, no doubt. But I can't see how he doesn't get a chance if he turns out to be as good as I think he'll be.

Granted he's not going to pick out a 17 year old from the ranks randomly and stick him in the team to grow but how many Chelsea managers have done that? In all my years of watching Chelsea, I've only seen a handful of the youth players given a chance to prove themselves, and that includes pre-Roman.

The only other manager I could prefer atm is Klopp but there's no way in the freezing depths of hell he's going to leave his very favourable situation at Dortmund for a trigger happy owner at Chelsea. At this point we don't have too many choices if we want to keep fighting for trophies and continue being a CL club. We could just go with a relative novice at the helm and become Liverpool but I doubt many fans want that.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm

I agree, as I've stated for awhile now, that Klopp is my first choice but there's no chance for that whatsoever. Worth pointing out that any of those I mentioned before that you poo-pooed could well turn out to be someone very much in Klopp's mould, but oh well eco smile

I'm not as adamantly against Mou as I was even a few months ago, but I still wouldn't pick him it it were my choice to make. One point Kick made, though, that I hadn't thought of before is that even if he stays only for a few years (which is almost a certainty), it'll at least settle things down a bit and perhaps make us a bit more desirable a destination for the world's top managers again, because at the moment we're a complete laughing stock.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:59 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:I agree, as I've stated for awhile now, that Klopp is my first choice but there's no chance for that whatsoever. Worth pointing out that any of those I mentioned before that you poo-pooed could well turn out to be someone very much in Klopp's mould, but oh well eco smile

I'm not as adamantly against Mou as I was even a few months ago, but I still wouldn't pick him it it were my choice to make. One point Kick made, though, that I hadn't thought of before is that even if he stays only for a few years (which is almost a certainty), it'll at least settle things down a bit and perhaps make us a bit more desirable a destination for the world's top managers again, because at the moment we're a complete laughing stock.
True.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Mourinho is coming back home  - Page 2 Tumblr_ml09zsfTFl1ry6fnao1_250

Mourinho is coming back home  - Page 2 Tumblr_ml09zsfTFl1ry6fnao2_250

Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Damn, that Kick guy makes some pretty good points :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Kick wrote:Damn, that Kick guy makes some pretty good points :bow:
Once every six months, maybe :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:03 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:I agree, as I've stated for awhile now, that Klopp is my first choice but there's no chance for that whatsoever. Worth pointing out that any of those I mentioned before that you poo-pooed could well turn out to be someone very much in Klopp's mould, but oh well eco smile

True.

Since Mou left actually.. apart from CA maybe.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:19 am

I want Pellegrini he is a tremendous fit.

We are finally moving away from Mourinho shadow, the current players we have does not resemble the Mourinho team we have had for almost a decade.

Is it worth abandoning the current project and go back to Mourinho?

i am not sure.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 am

Blue wrote:I want Pellegrini he is a tremendous fit.

We are finally moving away from Mourinho shadow, the current players we have does not resemble the Mourinho team we have had for almost a decade.

i am not sure.
Precisely what I'm saying, and I see what you mean re Pellegrini. The fact that he had that Malaga team 4 minutes from a place in the Last 4 of the CL is tremendous. His record before his stint at Malaga is hugely impressive as well. Not sure he'd be my first choice, as I've said before, but he'd be a very good, sound appointment.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:03 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Blue wrote:I want Pellegrini he is a tremendous fit.

i am not sure.
Precisely what I'm saying, and I see what you mean re Pellegrini. The fact that he had that Malaga team 4 minutes from a place in the Last 4 of the CL is tremendous. His record before his stint at Malaga is hugely impressive as well. Not sure he'd be my first choice, as I've said before, but he'd be a very good, sound appointment.

I just think pellegrini is good fit for squad because of his record of playing possession football, that fares really well especially with Hazard, Mata, and Oscar. I am not sure you can say the same with Mourinho and his style, Mata and Hazard would really need to change under him. Not to say Mata and Hazard wouldn't succeed under Mourinho, but it is just not a natural fit.

Anyway i am fine with either Mourinho or Pellegrini, but by a tiny margin i prefer Pelle.

Also people like Michael Emenalo has had a lot to do with recent transfers, if Mourinho comes back things would also change at that level.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:07 am

Exactly. If anything, I think style is the biggest reason of them all Mourinho isn't a good fit.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:34 am

I'd take Pelle over Mou as well BUT, I would also take Mou if we can't get Pelle.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:34 pm

I'd take Mou over anyone anyday... I'm prolly biased but he is solid!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 pm

How Mourinho plucked a Mexican cleaner from the gutter and gave him dream job at Real:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2307500/Jose-Mourinho-gives-Mexican-fan-Abel-Rodriguez-job-Real-Madrid-backroom-staff-finding-sitting-snow-outside-training-ground.html

Proud

Quite a story this :bow:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:03 am

Yeah I saw that!
Kick