BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:30 pm

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Tumblr_m1q7iv6eC01rpznnqo1_500

I lol'd

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Hey, just a fun thing I guess we could do.

Rank the top 10 players in the league in terms of mid range shooting (16-23 feet).

Only played with 25 minutes a game or more included. Also, the shooter has to take more than 2 a game from that range.

Keep in mind this is based on %, you could even guess the % if you feel up to it. League average is 38.2 just fyi.

I tried it before looking at the numbers, I was way off.

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm

dmize wrote:the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Tumblr_m1q7iv6eC01rpznnqo1_500

I lol'd

On that note lol

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Tumblr_m1hvc4UNOE1qzxzwwo1_500

But while this is all for fun, I was shocked to learn than in more minutes than Jordan he has shot 2000 less shots.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Never gonna get the order right.

David West.
Dirk.
Steph Curry.
Marc Gasol
Kobe
Ray Allen
Nash
LaMarcus Aldridge
Pierce
Garnett
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Is that your estimated order though?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Tumblr_m1q7iv6eC01rpznnqo1_500

I lol'd

On that note lol

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Tumblr_m1hvc4UNOE1qzxzwwo1_500

But while this is all for fun, I was shocked to learn than in more minutes than Jordan he has shot 2000 less shots.

Lol. I actually did not know that either.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hey, just a fun thing I guess we could do.

Rank the top 10 players in the league in terms of mid range shooting (16-23 feet).

Only played with 25 minutes a game or more included. Also, the shooter has to take more than 2 a game from that range.

Keep in mind this is based on %, you could even guess the % if you feel up to it. League average is 38.2 just fyi.

I tried it before looking at the numbers, I was way off.

Based on %? Hmm

And based on you being way off, I'm gunna say Dirk and Ray probably aren't #1.

Nash
Kobe
Dirk
Curry
Ray
KG
D-West
Bass
Durant
Bosh
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Is that your estimated order though?

Yea, i suppose,Kobe probably lower though,
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Intresting picks, not to different to my own. I dont exactly remember mine, but it wasnt too far off.

Anyway, heres you two and far right the actual results and % next to them.

David West------------Nash---------------------------Curry 59%
Dirk.------------------Kobe---------------------------Nash 56%
Steph Curry-----------Dirk---------------------------Eric Gordon 54%
Marc Gasol------------Curry---------------------------Dirk 51%
Kobe-----------------Ray---------------------------Jared Dudley 49%
Ray Allen-------------KG------------------------------Durant 49%
Nash-----------------West----------------------------Bass 48%
Aldridge--------------Bass----------------------------Garnett 48%
Pierce----------------Durant--------------------------Ibaka 47%
Garnett---------------Bosh----------------------------Anthony Parker 46%

No Kobe, No Allen, no West (but he is close) and no Pierce..all guys you might consider elite mid range shooters.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Ibaka and Anthony Parker are the most surprising I think
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Bass has such a strange ill formed shot, I'd never expect him to be there.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Kobe should be banned from rankings .... his bbal iq falls under 0 when it comes to shot selection :lol!:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Yeah, Ibaka shocked me. More evidence Westbrook should consider giving up the ball a bit more.

Some other intresting numbers, especially when compared to the top 10.

Ray Allen 36%

Kobe Bryant 42%

Paul Pierce 34%

Wade and Lebron 39%

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Yeah, Allens having an offyear from mid-range. Which is odd considering he is or was shooting it at a career high percentage.

FTR, a few percentages from last season: Dirk 53%, Allen 46%, LeBron 45%, Pierce 44%, Kobe/Durant/Melo 42%, Wade/Rose 40%.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Pierce 34% Shocked

He must be having a bad year, he's usually clinical on that pick and roll.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 pm

THC 10 wrote:
@pusha You're obviously a Skip hater and I wouldn't take your opinion on him seriously.

But you're taking the opinions of Skip Bayless highly ,I stand by my opinion that this guy and Screamin A should both be banned from talking about bbal. Because if you can't criticize a player without resorting to childish name-calling and repetitive putdowns, you're not fit to be a sports journalist. It's embarrassing when fans do it, it's even more pathetic when idiots like Skip get paid to do the same thing on national TV. I completely agree with Jalen Rose calling out Bayless and SAS on them mocking players , all Skip and SAS do are garbage nicknames on National TV and controversies to get more views. When was the last time that these guys broke down a game and talked about some interesting things ?
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Durant made a noticable jump, not quite sure what the reason for that could be...other than just generally improving.

Lebron shooting worse...sort of surprisingly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Dragic will be a golden bargain for whoever gets him during the off season. I personally am hoping that Suns can bring him back. He'll be starting now for sure, since Nash's contract is over this summer and he'll be moving on.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

Finishing at the rim.

Steve Nash : 1.3 made in 1.7 attempts, for 75.6%

Tony Parker : 3.1 made in 4.7 attempts, for 65.7

Tyson Chandler : 3.5 made in 4.6 attempts, for 76.1%

Lebron James : 5.0 made in 6.6 attempts for 75.3%

Andrew Bynum : 4.9 made in 6.5 attempts for 74.6 %

Dwight Howard : 5.2 made in 7.0 attempts for 74.4%

Blake Griffin: 5.2 made in 7.2 attempts for 73.1%

Amare : 3.9 made in 5.7 attempts for 69.3%

Kevin Love : 4.1 made in 6.8 attempts for 60.3 %

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

pUsHa wrote:
But you're taking the opinions of Skip Bayless highly ,I stand by my opinion that this guy and Screamin A should both be banned from talking about bbal. Because if you can't criticize a player without resorting to childish name-calling and repetitive putdowns, you're not fit to be a sports journalist. It's embarrassing when fans do it, it's even more pathetic when idiots like Skip get paid to do the same thing on national TV. I completely agree with Jalen Rose calling out Bayless and SAS on them mocking players , all Skip and SAS do are garbage nicknames on National TV and controversies to get more views. When was the last time that these guys broke down a game and talked about some interesting things ?

You do realize that Stephen A Smith sided with Jalen Rose when it came to the name calling issue. Maybe you should actually watch the show before you decide to talk about it. Aside from giving some players nicknames Skip actually discusses basketball and so does Stephen A. When was the last time you actually watched the show?

Who said I'm taking the opinions of Skip Bayless highly? I watch first take most mornings and I don't always agree with what Skip has to say. I'm not a big fan of Lebron but I disagree when Skip says that he should be disqualified from the MVP voting because he teamed up with Wade and Bosh. I have my own opinons when it comes to sports and I just so happen to enjoy watching the show (first and 10). You on the other hand come across as a Skip hater and you have come to the conclusion that he says things for shock value, I just happen to disagree with that. People have brought up that topic

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 am

Can he log minutes at the 2?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:05 am

Curry :bow: NOw that the keys to the offense have been handed to him, I see Golden State as a 50+ win team next season. Bogut and Lee should do wonders in the middle. And I hope they can get a high draft pick to draft a small forward.

What are the chances of Toronto accepting Lee for Bargnani? And who do you think is the better player?

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 am

Le Samourai wrote:Can he log minutes at the 2?

Dragic? Yes he can, he's very athletic for 6'4 white guy Smile , and absolute beast of a scorer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 am

That ain't a bad idea actually.

Yea, I rate Curry and golden state very very very highly at the moment, if Bogut can come back healthy they can be similar to Orlando in 09.

Bargaini would be a great pickup as well.

That kid Klay thompson is a beast too.

Team has a future and can beat anyone if shots start to fall.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 am

Yea once Dragic can log minutes at the 2 he would be a great pickup to be honest.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 am

It's hilarious watching GSW right now. It's so obvious they are trying to lose, some games they go up by 20 points in the 4th quarter playing unstoppable and then the on purpose turnovers and stupid shots are a sight to behold Very Happy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next