BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 am

It's hilarious watching GSW right now. It's so obvious they are trying to lose, some games they go up by 20 points in the 4th quarter playing unstoppable and then the on purpose turnovers and stupid shots are a sight to behold Very Happy

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Curry :bow: NOw that the keys to the offense have been handed to him, I see Golden State as a 50+ win team next season. Bogut and Lee should do wonders in the middle. And I hope they can get a high draft pick to draft a small forward.

What are the chances of Toronto accepting Lee for Bargnani? And who do you think is the better player?

I think David Lee is more valuable because of his rebounding. However I believe he's on a longer and more expensive deal compared to Bargs(also Barg is 2 years younger) so I would think you would have to throw in another player/pick to get them to bite on that.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:It's hilarious watching GSW right now. It's so obvious they are trying to lose, some games they go up by 20 points in the 4th quarter playing unstoppable and then the on purpose turnovers and stupid shots are a sight to behold Very Happy

I'd do it too mate, tryna get a draft pick.

I don't understand Phoenix to be honest, just trade Nasha nd move on, you aren't winning any championships lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 am

dmize wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Curry :bow: NOw that the keys to the offense have been handed to him, I see Golden State as a 50+ win team next season. Bogut and Lee should do wonders in the middle. And I hope they can get a high draft pick to draft a small forward.

What are the chances of Toronto accepting Lee for Bargnani? And who do you think is the better player?

I think David Lee is more valuable because of his rebounding. However I believe he's on a longer and more expensive deal compared to Bargs(also Barg is 2 years younger) so I would think you would have to throw in another player/pick to get them to bite on that.

You're right, I doubt Toronto will bite for just that.

The thing is they both lack defensively but since Bargnani is 7'0 feet tall, it will do wonders to have him partner Bogut (7'0 ft) rather than Lee whose only 6'9.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:16 am

Nah Toronto won't buy that, they are really high on Amir Johnson and whoever the guy is that won them free pizza the other day,

Ed Davis.

Toronto will trade Bargani but not for a big.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:It's hilarious watching GSW right now. It's so obvious they are trying to lose, some games they go up by 20 points in the 4th quarter playing unstoppable and then the on purpose turnovers and stupid shots are a sight to behold Very Happy

I'd do it too mate, tryna get a draft pick.

I don't understand Phoenix to be honest, just trade Nasha nd move on, you aren't winning any championships lol.

Right now Nash is the only thing that brings fans to the arena. The owners say it's up to Nash if he wants to leave and Nash says it's up to the team to trade him, and back and forth they go.

It'll be a dream come true to see Phoenix in the playoffs this year, for one final go for Nash with the Suns.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 am

I cant believe im saying this, but everytime I watch Bargs, he actually does well in terms of defending the post. Not the best when players can turn and face, but guys backing him down struggle to shoot over his length.

His problem is he cant rebound the ball at all, so you need a rebounder next to him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 am

The Franchise wrote:I cant believe im saying this, but everytime I watch Bargs, he actually does well in terms of defending the post. Not the best when players can turn and face, but guys backing him down struggle to shoot over his length.

His problem is he cant rebound the ball at all, so you need a rebounder next to him.

That's why I want Bargnani over Lee, to have two skyscrapers defending the paint. And Overall I think Bargnani's offense exceeds that of Lee, for the simple fact that he can stretch the floor even beyond the three point line. Only thing Lee has over him is rebounding.

Last edited by Messiah "Aggerswagger" on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 am

The Franchise wrote:I cant believe im saying this, but everytime I watch Bargs, he actually does well in terms of defending the post. Not the best when players can turn and face, but guys backing him down struggle to shoot over his length.

Yea , Bargs is a pretty good player.

I'm suprised Orlando didn't try to get him...then agian Ryan Anderson is shooting it up.

But Bargs actually has moves.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:23 am

I haven't watched him much this year except when Toronto played the C's but he seems to be more committed on defense.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 am

Yeah, I also say that with a pinch of salt..im basing that defence on the perhaps 10 games in seen of his the last 2 seasons plus what other people say.

But yeah, he seems at least competent defending guys who back him in.

But he seriously, rebounds horribly. Like a small forward.

The % of defensive rebounds he gets while on the floor is 16.8%...just to compare, Durant gets 20.7% and old man McGrady 17.7

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:08 am

Kobe still out...certaintly dont see them beating the Spurs. I would be quite surprised.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:10 am

Kobe ? Pfffffffffffft

You haven't seen Devin Ebanks :coffee:

Gasol has been vintage Gasol lately so we have a shot.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 am

TBH I dont even know who the Spurs will have out there, so I should wait and see.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 am

What do you guys think of this?

Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

According to Ray Allen, the NBA and USA Basketball need to find a better way of compensating players when they sign up to play for Team USA. Reports Fox Sports: “You talk about the patriotism that guys should want to play for, but you (need to) find a way to entice the guys,’ Allen said. ‘It’s not the easiest thing in the world if you play deep in the playoffs and then you get two, three weeks off and then you start training again to play more basketball where it requires you to be away from home and in another country. It’s fun, but your body does need a break Everybody says, ‘Play for your country.’ But (NBA players are) commodities, your businesses. You think about it, you do camps in the summer, you have various opportunities to make money. When you go overseas and play basketball, you lose those opportunties, what you may make… If I’m an accountant and I get outsourced by my firm, I’m going to make some money somewhere else.’ The U.S. Olympic Committee does provide every American with $25,000 for winning a gold medal, $15,000 for a silver and $10,000 for a bronze. But Allen, while not specifying an amount, has a way he believes could result in Team USA players drawing a fair salary. ‘If it’s licensing,’ Allen said. ‘(The players) are wearing jerseys and (others, but not the players, are) making money off it. Something (should be done) just to say to the guys, ‘Hey, you guys are spending this much time, 40 days, playing basketball, we’re paying for some type service that you provide, that you’re getting some kind of kickback’… I know that you sell unlimited jerseys so I think the players should get some piece of that.’” http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/04/ray-allen-players-should-be-paid-to-take-part-in-the-olympics/

I can see pros and cons for both sides so I'm not really sure how I feel... 10(err more like 15) years ago this would've been ridiculous to say but with more money involved, as well as other countries paying their athletes(not positive on how much) for playing, I think it's worth discussing. Dwyane Wade also said something similar this afternoon as well.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:31 am

"Remember when New Jersey's bid for Dwight Howard fell through, then they panicked and swapped a top-three protected 2012 pick to Portland for Gerald Wallace, and everyone said, "Wait a second, why would someone give up a top-three protected pick for the third-best player on a sub-.500 team?" Not reported at the time: New Jersey could have landed Pierce for that same pick, only they chose Wallace because he was a full five years younger.""

STUPID NJ. That pick could've gotten us Drummond. Crying or Very sad
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 am

Im not sure what to think of it...

I dont think players should get money because "they are tired" and will be missing out on rest.

However, I dont think its fair jersey sales and things like that, they done see a penny from.

I dont think they should get paid a set amount, but I think they could get at least a % of money in terms of merchandise and things like that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am

New Jersey :facepalm:

Sam Presti is laughing at Prokarov.

New Jersey's front court could be Derrick Favors and Drummond for the next 15 years.......

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am

dmize wrote:"Remember when New Jersey's bid for Dwight Howard fell through, then they panicked and swapped a top-three protected 2012 pick to Portland for Gerald Wallace, and everyone said, "Wait a second, why would someone give up a top-three protected pick for the third-best player on a sub-.500 team?" Not reported at the time: New Jersey could have landed Pierce for that same pick, only they chose Wallace because he was a full five years younger.""

Holy crap...how incredibly...incredibly...stupid.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 am

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:"Remember when New Jersey's bid for Dwight Howard fell through, then they panicked and swapped a top-three protected 2012 pick to Portland for Gerald Wallace, and everyone said, "Wait a second, why would someone give up a top-three protected pick for the third-best player on a sub-.500 team?" Not reported at the time: New Jersey could have landed Pierce for that same pick, only they chose Wallace because he was a full five years younger.""

Holy crap...how incredibly...incredibly...stupid.

I don't think either one is worth that high of a pick personally, but... it would've been nice for us if NJ took our deal. : D
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:01 am

Nah, they aint..but Wallace..I like Crash..but surely they could of got more.

Desperation to get something, so short sighted.

10 rebounds in the first quarter for Bynum? Did I hear that right?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:04 am

Yea...he has 11 boards.

Dmize you watching the Hawks game?

Josh Smith offense has seriously improved.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 am

Well Popovich rested his his big three last game so I see them playing and without Kobe, it should prove too much for the Lakers, but it's the NBA, you never know Wink
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:20 am

Josh Smith for some reason always plays well against the Celtics, or it at least seems that way to me.

Im flipping between the Yankees, Celtics and this no defense filled game between the Bucks and Knicks
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:31 am

Bynum 10 and 19 rebounds in the first half.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:02 am

Vintage Ron Artest.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next