What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

+28
Lex
REWB
The Verminator
jibers
Yeezus
VanDeezNuts
Emaharg
EarlyPrototype
Error
arabprince
Abramovich
Onyx
RealGunner
Swanhends
lenear1030
guest7
Backspacer
VivaStPauli
urbaNRoots
Adit
The Franchise
McLewis
Be/\/ceCALI
Potential
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
Mr Nick09
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP? - Page 2 Empty Re: What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Backspacer wrote:
Just signed an extension. Jog on.

Just means he'll cost 8 to 10m, he's still a realistic target, at least more realistic than his brother.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP? - Page 2 Empty Re: What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

Post by lenear1030 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Get Holtby off Schalke, then. He'll be quality by the time Rosicky is done.

that's what the rumors are....

honestly we'd be a top team in terms of talent w/o RvP (injury, sale, w/e). The team just isn't mentally tough enough yet to be champions and we cant keep our good players healthy. that simple.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Walking in a dreamland, bro. He ain't leaving.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:29 pm

I know that they're good players, but I frankly do not trust any of Arsenal's defenders bar Sagna...They are so very inconsistent, so fragile

For me personally, its hard to envision them being good enough over a long enough period without a howler to win something

Elsewhere think they could use a more disciplined DM (move Song further up the field) and a striker

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Yann M'Vila is available apparently.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:43 pm

M'Vila will go to Madrid, Zidane watched him personally 3 weeks ago. And if Zidane calls u, u dont say no.

Unless Wenger calls u personally :I'munoriginal:

But nah we dont need M'Vila because Coquelin is there for a Pure DM if Song is to be converted to a proper CM/B2B

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Fernando/M'Vila/Someone else-Song-Wilshere is a good enough midfield if they stay healthy for the the season in my opinion
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 pm

LB - Cissokho/Filipe/Alba

AM - Gotze/Hazard/Eriksen/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 pm

DM possibly M'Villa like Zealous above states,

LB both of the current ones are pretty duff imo

ST need a poacher type imo, fox in the box etc etc
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Dont want Mvila at Madrid really.He plays deep so does alonso, will be disastrous to pair them up.Besides that if we are going for a pure DM would rather opt for Javi Garcia,he is a beast.Much stronger and better passer also can play CB with ease.Kinda like Busquets with out that possession keeping techniques.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:M'Vila will go to Madrid, Zidane watched him personally 3 weeks ago. And if Zidane calls u, u dont say no.

But nah we dont need M'Vila because Coquelin is there for a Pure DM if Song is to be converted to a proper CM/B2B

I would rather have Javi Martinez tho, and he has been highlighted as the option we are going after, although Mvila is also an option.

i forgot about Coquelin, that's right.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 pm

mtfootball wrote:LB - Cissokho/Filipe/Alba

AM - Gotze/Hazard/Eriksen/

Cissokho is complete rubbish
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 pm

I'd rather have Javi Garcia or Javi Martinez over M'Vila at Madrid. M'Vila is a better fit for Arsenal imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Podolski, Bastos, get Henry back.

Definitely go for more experience, so not hazard.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:M'Vila will go to Madrid, Zidane watched him personally 3 weeks ago. And if Zidane calls u, u dont say no.

Coquelin as a pure DM would be a waste of much of his skills. He should be box 2 box in the same fashion as Wilshere.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Arsenal's problem is too heavy reliant on RVP and general injury proneness. Most of their players are already quite experience by playing yearly in CL. That's why they need to bring in couple quality players in offense, e.g. Podolski and Hazard which at the same also creates quality depth (Gervinho, Walcott, AOC, Miyachi as a backups). Other priorities should be getting rid of garbage like Diaby, Almunia, Squillaci, Djurou, Chamakh and bring in Vertonghen to replace two leaving CB's and cover Vermaelen's injury proneness. Also, buying someone like Xhaka for long term replacement for Arteta/Rosicky would be a wise move.

Getting rid of other unneeded players (Vela, Bendtner, Benayoun, Park, Santos) should also be high on priority list because they would save a lot in salaries.

Podolski/AOC/Miyachi-----RVP/Walcott-----Hazard/Gervinho

Wilshere/Ramsey-----Song/Coquelin/Frimpong-----Arteta/Rosicky/Xhaka*

Santos/Gibbs/Boilesen*--Vermaelen/Mertesacker--Koscielny/Vertonghen--Sagna/Jenkison

Sczcney/Fabianski
* = optional

Of course this whole situation requires that Wenger finally snaps and goes into spending spree (at least 70mil), but sold players could cover portion of spending (~20-40mil).
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Well some would say that, I would say Walcott aint good enough and more end product is needed out of Gervinho to be title winners.

I dont see no point of buying a number 9 when you got RVP playing that position and I would even throw in Podolski as a possible cover in that position.

Indeed, Hazard probably is out of their range. But as I said, I dont think this its even possible to turn them into title winners without those types of signings.

If they could put their best 11 (with a few signings added) they could fight anyone..but they arent going to be out there every week, infact, most weeks.

Well, they have to bet on players growth and staying fit, while covering areas where they need depth.

I am not a fan of Walcott myself, i dont think he belongs to the highest level and should be starting for a top team but i also dont think Arsenal will look to move him. I assume Podolski will start on the left, and maybe Ox or Gervinho on the right. The other guys will be depth.

I think they have been in need of depth at the CF position at least to support RVP and maybe to have something different for the opposing team to deal with. Maybe just a pure poacher that makes runs behind the defense and will look for depth.

With Wilshere coming back, an additional defender, and CM/DM, they might have enough to make a title run. Not the fanciest team on paper, but they could have a say.

Well thats the thing, if they want to improve then they can do this, but to actually win the entire thing will take more.

They can allow players time to grow, I admire it and think its great, but it will cost them here and now.

I like the idea of a player that runs in behind the defence, 2-3 years ago I really think they were missing it. However, now, it would take a change in the system to do that and use RVP. So, I dont see it happening.

I agree, they need a leftback, they probably need a holding player of sorts but I think they also need a number 10.

Rambo is better further back from what I see and Rosicky at his age and proness to injury cannot be relied on. I dont think he has 2 90 minutes per week in his legs, maybe not even 1.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Complete Podolski, sign actually a good CAM (unfortunately can't think about a realistic one lol) - and sign a better LB (can't think of one neither).

Should've signed Enrique when we could.

why are you guys mentioning a new CAM? what about Rosicky and Ramsey? they are done?

Rosicky is 31 years old, and he lost his touch - he's good but if we want to compete we need to do better. Ramsey definitly isn't a CAM. He can't do that job properly, we need someone who can make those through balls ala Cesc, can't even think of a realistic one - we missed on Mata badly.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm

The return of Wilshere is like a new signing itself.

Finish the signing of Podolski and sign Hazard.

----------------------RVP-------------------------

Podolski-----------Hazard--------------Ox----

A new LB. Not many out there tbh. Alvaro Pereira?

That team would challenge for the title imo.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Having their key players for the whole season will feel a lot better than just signing random talents. Besides they already have excellent youth coming up as well.

I feel that both are more important than simply going out and splashing the cash. That will improve not only their chemistry, but their mentality and their confidence.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:12 pm

True chemistry is important, but that alone won't win you titles. You need to have players capable of winning games.
The team already has decent chemistry and RVP won't continue to score a goal every game so they need another goal threat other than him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Absolutely and the likes of Poldolski and/or Hazard will provide that. I think Arsenal is certain to get one of those two, with Poldi far more likely so that shouldn't be much of a worry. I just think that they should focus more on who they already have in their ranks. Look at Ryo Miyaichi....kid is killing it for Bolton. He'll add some depth to their attack as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:12 pm

I think we need a true DM, a LB who is stronger defensively and a back up RB, Jenkinson has improved but I think he needs a loan spell and is naturally a CB.
I think the worst thing we could do is force it by buying too many players and cutting the game time of players like Chamberlain and potentially Wilshere if we get a CAM.

Not sure why people mentioning a CAM, Rosicky has been on fire and Wilshere has played as a CAM pretty much throughout his youth.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 pm

they should try to get coentrao. other than that i think it would be pretty difficult or expensive to buy anyone better than sagna, verm, wilshere, song, arteta, rvp, ox, gervinho/theo.

they might want to try to get someone better than kos...

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Webb on loan at Arsenal.

Sign him.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:26 pm

they need to keep this mentality and they can beat anyone IMO.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next