What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

+28
Lex
REWB
The Verminator
jibers
Yeezus
VanDeezNuts
Emaharg
EarlyPrototype
Error
arabprince
Abramovich
Onyx
RealGunner
Swanhends
lenear1030
guest7
Backspacer
VivaStPauli
urbaNRoots
Adit
The Franchise
McLewis
Be/\/ceCALI
Potential
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
Mr Nick09
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP? Empty What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:37 pm

what players should Arsenal go after to compete for the title next year and maybe go after a CL final?

suggest reasonable move only.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP? Empty Re: What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 pm

The thing is once Arsenal start expressing interest in a player other clubs jump in to outbid them.

They aren't in an easy situation, especially since they have some sort of weird wage cap thing.

They apparently have Podolski on lock. I'd honestly continue to sign players from the Bundesliga tbh. There is value for money there.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP? Empty Re: What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Podolski,Belhanda,Some LB lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Podolski,Belhanda,Some LB lol.

Thats not good enough to really mount a title challenge although they might convince RVP to stay though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:45 pm

I'd buy a few experienced players (27+).
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Hopefully Podolski is in the bag..

I would try to sign Michel Bastos as a LB

I also really like Gastón Ramírez from Bologna as an AM.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't think it's just about new signings. That's only part of what will make Arsenal a great team again.

Arsenal need all of their injured players back and need to keep them healthy and fit. That will be key. When that happens, they'll challenge for everything, I feel.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Depends....I mean, even if they get great players they seem injury cursed beyond belief.

Also, if we are being realistic, they need to spend money they simply arent going to.

But anyway, for me, I would say (for example) a leftback (Luis Filepe) , a positionally sound defence minded midfielder (Fernando), a number 10 (No idea, only players I can think of are unrealistic for them) and maybe another forward (Hazard).

Even with these players im not even convinced, sadly. Man City and Utd are both stronger still.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Surag wrote:

Thats not good enough to really mount a title challenge although they might convince RVP to stay though.

What else do they need apart from squad players which i didnt bother because id just add a load of random players.

They dont need a DM, they dont need CB's, they dont need wingers, they dont need CM's with Wilshere back.

Quality LB, extra Forward and an AM would be enough in my view, Arsenal's problem is'nt quality its keeping players fit.

3 or 4 signings and keeping current stars is enough imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Belhanda belongs to PSG, so that's that. we already lined up 20M for him Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Having the majority of our first team fit has always been the problem.

Podolski coming will be a BIG improvement to our attack.

If Wilshere can stay fit and regain his pre-injury form then that will be a huge boost.

Rosicky is just about playing to his capability, which is world class.

Arteta has been great for us, as well as Song.

Koscielny has become one of the best defenders in the league. On current form I wouldn't trade him for ANY CB.

Vermaelen we know how good he is when fit, same goes for Sagna. We could use a new LB, but Gibbs isn't bad, but not consistent enough and injury prone.

We need Gotze more so than Hazard, but I doubt either of them are coming for now.

Not trying to overrate Arsenal, but when fully fit, I don't think we're any weaker than anybody and that includes City and United, tbh...
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Cazorla and a good LB ,Filipe Luiz is a good suggestion.

oh and bench lolcott and play ox.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:Depends....I mean, even if they get great players they seem injury cursed beyond belief.

Also, if we are being realistic, they need to spend money they simply arent going to.

But anyway, for me, I would say (for example) a leftback (Luis Filepe) , a positionally sound defence minded midfielder (Fernando), a number 10 (No idea, only players I can think of are unrealistic for them) and maybe another forward (Hazard).

Even with these players im not even convinced, sadly. Man City and Utd are both stronger still.

I think between podolski, Ox, gervinho and Walcott they have some options wide. I would say that they need an additional striker off the bench. Hazard is priced at 40M and given the attention that he receives from every top clubs, he wont go under 35M imo, that's a bit out of their price range.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:

What else do they need apart from squad players which i didnt bother because id just add a load of random players.

They dont need a DM, they dont need CB's, they dont need wingers, they dont need CM's with Wilshere back.

Quality LB, extra Forward and an AM would be enough in my view, Arsenal's problem is'nt quality its keeping players fit.

3 or 4 signings and keeping current stars is enough imo.

Like Mclewis said ,its more than just players though.It is also about the mentality of the team and this team for years despite having quality have the mentality of a top 4 team and not a winning one.Also they have a history of injury problems which hasnt helped their cause either.

Plus when you look at the signings you suggested ,none of them are world class(I beg your pardon but Podolski is not world class).Arsenal have a combination of world class talents + quality experienced players..
And i think they need a bit more experience in their lineup and quality too.

Arsenal let go of their best talents when they matured and when the team was really looking good to mount a title challenge.

And i agree with what Franchise said..United and City will still be better.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Depends....I mean, even if they get great players they seem injury cursed beyond belief.

I think between podolski, Ox, gervinho and Walcott they have some options wide. I would say that they need an additional striker off the bench. Hazard is priced at 40M and given the attention that he receives from every top clubs, he wont go under 35M imo, that's a bit out of their price range.

Well some would say that, I would say Walcott aint good enough and more end product is needed out of Gervinho to be title winners.

I dont see no point of buying a number 9 when you got RVP playing that position and I would even throw in Podolski as a possible cover in that position.

Indeed, Hazard probably is out of their range. But as I said, I dont think this its even possible to turn them into title winners without those types of signings.

If they could put their best 11 (with a few signings added) they could fight anyone..but they arent going to be out there every week, infact, most weeks.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Adit wrote:Cazorla and a good LB ,Filipe Luiz is a good suggestion.

oh and bench lolcott and play ox.

If Malaga make the CL they are going to sign players not let them go lol

Bendtner coming back is a must imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Complete Podolski, sign actually a good CAM (unfortunately can't think about a realistic one lol) - and sign a better LB (can't think of one neither).

Should've signed Enrique when we could.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Well some would say that, I would say Walcott aint good enough and more end product is needed out of Gervinho to be title winners.

I dont see no point of buying a number 9 when you got RVP playing that position and I would even throw in Podolski as a possible cover in that position.

Indeed, Hazard probably is out of their range. But as I said, I dont think this its even possible to turn them into title winners without those types of signings.

If they could put their best 11 (with a few signings added) they could fight anyone..but they arent going to be out there every week, infact, most weeks.

Well, they have to bet on players growth and staying fit, while covering areas where they need depth.

I am not a fan of Walcott myself, i dont think he belongs to the highest level and should be starting for a top team but i also dont think Arsenal will look to move him. I assume Podolski will start on the left, and maybe Ox or Gervinho on the right. The other guys will be depth.

I think they have been in need of depth at the CF position at least to support RVP and maybe to have something different for the opposing team to deal with. Maybe just a pure poacher that makes runs behind the defense and will look for depth.

With Wilshere coming back, an additional defender, and CM/DM, they might have enough to make a title run. Not the fanciest team on paper, but they could have a say.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:16 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Complete Podolski, sign actually a good CAM (unfortunately can't think about a realistic one lol) - and sign a better LB (can't think of one neither).

Should've signed Enrique when we could.

why are you guys mentioning a new CAM? what about Rosicky and Ramsey? they are done?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Podolski :bow:

They could use a backup CM/DM though, so what about Lars Bender? (That's the Bayer Neverkusen one, who'd want to stay at that club? ^^)

Too bad they missed out on a couple bargain fullbacks like Christian Fuchs, now they either need good scouting, or more money.

Podolski is an excellent signing though, he can start on the left wing and fill in for RVP when he's, inevetably, injured.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Ramsey isnt good enough for Arsenal i have said that for time now and Rosicky is well into his 30s and a history of Injuries.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Get Holtby off Schalke, then. He'll be quality by the time Rosicky is done.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:22 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Podolski :bow:

They could use a backup CM/DM though, so what about Lars Bender? (That's the Bayer Neverkusen one, who'd want to stay at that club? ^^)

Too bad they missed out on a couple bargain fullbacks like Christian Fuchs, now they either need good scouting, or more money.

Podolski is an excellent signing though, he can start on the left wing and fill in for RVP when he's, inevetably, injured.
Just signed an extension. Jog on.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:23 pm

They can always use their youth aka Thomas as their replacement for Rosicky
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Backspacer wrote:
Just signed an extension. Jog on.

Just means he'll cost 8 to 10m, he's still a realistic target, at least more realistic than his brother.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next