What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

+28
Lex
REWB
The Verminator
jibers
Yeezus
VanDeezNuts
Emaharg
EarlyPrototype
Error
arabprince
Abramovich
Onyx
RealGunner
Swanhends
lenear1030
guest7
Backspacer
VivaStPauli
urbaNRoots
Adit
The Franchise
McLewis
Be/\/ceCALI
Potential
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
Mr Nick09
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP? - Page 3 Empty Re: What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:26 pm

they need to keep this mentality and they can beat anyone IMO.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP? - Page 3 Empty Re: What signings should Arsenal make to mount a title winning side and hold on to RVP?

Post by The Verminator Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:30 pm

---------------------Szczesny------------------
Sagna-----Koscielny-----Vermaelen-----Santos
---------------------Song----------------------
----------------------------Arteta--------------
---------Wilshere------------------------------
Podo/Wal------------RVP------------Podo/Gerv

This team is capable of getting 3rd spot as an absolute minimum.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm

The Verminator wrote:---------------------Szczesny------------------
Sagna-----Koscielny-----Vermaelen-----Santos
---------------------Song----------------------
----------------------------Arteta--------------
---------Wilshere------------------------------
Podo/Wal------------RVP------------Podo/Gerv

This team is capable of getting 3rd spot as an absolute minimum.

maybe if theyre healthy all year.. but when the heck has that happened in the past 5 years

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 pm

That's what i'm trying to get at. It's not all about players because our starting 11 is quality. Alot people say 'oh you don't spend money'. Money will help, but how much? We're still gonna get alotta injuries....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 pm

The Verminator wrote:That's what i'm trying to get at. It's not all about players because our starting 11 is quality. Alot people say 'oh you don't spend money'. Money will help, but how much? We're still gonna get alotta injuries....

what are you talking about? if we buy players then injuries wont effect us as much, plus part of the reason why we get so many injuries is because wenger is forced to play our first team constantly without resting them because or second team always underperforms. just look at wilshere last season, we burnt the fck out of him, of course he was going to get injured. haven't you ever thought it was a coincidence that its always our best players that get injured? its because they are over played and dont get rest.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:11 pm

More reliable back up CB are needed. Djourou/Squid just won't cut the mustard, i'm afraid.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Find ways to sort their injury problem.

Sign: Aogo, Sahin, Hazard, Podolski and Olic.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

REWB wrote:
The Verminator wrote:That's what i'm trying to get at. It's not all about players because our starting 11 is quality. Alot people say 'oh you don't spend money'. Money will help, but how much? We're still gonna get alotta injuries....

what are you talking about? if we buy players then injuries wont effect us as much, plus part of the reason why we get so many injuries is because wenger is forced to play our first team constantly without resting them because or second team always underperforms. just look at wilshere last season, we burnt the fck out of him, of course he was going to get injured. haven't you ever thought it was a coincidence that its always our best players that get injured? its because they are over played and dont get rest.
You do make a good point. But not all of our injuries are because of that. look at Santos, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Sagna, Vermaelen, Diaby. None of these guys were overplayed this season at all but all of them had long injuries......
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm not gonna go into depths of who they should sign...but one thing they need to do is show the mentality and resilience they have shown in their past 4 league games. They do that from the start and who knows what they can achieve...

One of their main criticisms in the past few seasons is the way they "lack bottle". Right now they are playing with a lot of belief and confidence. It's showing as well from the results they are grinding out.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm

For the people who keep saying they just need to keep everyone healthy I think it's pretty obvious that's not going to happen.

And for the people saying they already have the pieces to win trophies again they haven't won any with these pieces so they need a couple players, not many but I think they need to mix in a couple players to help in certain areas.

1) RVP- Keeping him is like a signing IMO and is crucial to winning anything

2) Damiao- I believe he will be a top 5 striker in the world once he gets to Europe and he could probably be had for around 25 mill. Plus I think he would be a perfect strike partner with RVP.

3) Adam Johnson- Wouldn't be too expensive and IMO is an upgrade on the wings. I know I'm probably in the minority but I think he's better then Walcott and Gervinho and Johnson is wasted at City.

4) Antoine Griezmann- I have been saying for years I can't for the life of me figure out why Wenger hasn't snatched him up. He's young, good and French and would have been pretty cheap considering his talent. Plus in the long run I think he will be better then Walcott and Gervinho and for the time being he would be a great backup for when there hurt.

5) Samba- He's a leader and he could help solve some issues they have defending set pieces plus I think he is very underrated and could have been had for pretty cheap considering his skills. HE's a great guy to have at the base of the spine of your team and would bring much needed steel to the side.

Xabi Prieto- He's a little old but would be a good squad depth player for when players get hurt and wouldn't be too expensive IMO. Very underrated player. Plus it seems once a Spanish Midfielder gets to the EPL they turn into a superhuman.

Pedro Leon- He would be cheap and I think Wenger could get the best out of him as I think he is super talented.

Esteban Granero- Good glue player and I think he would do wonders in the EPL. Would be cheap and a great guy to have on the bench.

I like Santos and Song as players so I wouldn't mess with them I just don't share the same feelings about Laurent Koeselny (Spelling?). I think he's very inconsistent and one game will look great and the next will be a total liability. Vermaelen is solid no doubt.

Walcott when he's on can be one of the best players in the world but those moments are way too far and few in between and IMO would be better suited coming off the bench. Frankly I have not been impressed with Gervinho, on a CL/EPL winning team I think he's a backup and I think Johnson is better.

Damiao and RVP would be deadly and it's so hard to buy a great CF for cheap these days so you have to go young and unproven in Europe if you want to save a little money and Damiao fits the bill.

I think they made a big mistake missing out on Cazorla and Mata this offseason when both wanted to come there and I think Arsenal could use a little Spanish Flair on there team as they have been playing the way Arsenal plays since they were born.

They don't need to sign all starters but they do need quality depth with the injuries that are sure to come and some of these players would help.

I don't think they need all of them but a mix of these guys would be great for them. Plus they have OX coming through and he is going to be a beast.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 pm

I agree we do need more quality squad players so we are not as badly affected by injuries. This is not Fifa or Football manager we can't compete with the likes of Chelsea, RM and City for players like Hazard or Neymar, we aren't going to pay players 150k a week.

We really do need to get players off our wage bill like Chamakh, Park, Arshavin, Bendtner, Vela, Squillaci, Denilson.
Just clearing these players off could clear around 300k+ of wages a week.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 pm

The Verminator wrote:
REWB wrote:

You do make a good point. But not all of our injuries are because of that. look at Santos, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Sagna, Vermaelen, Diaby. None of these guys were overplayed this season at all but all of them had long injuries......

verm and sagna were over played mate, especially verm, not this season but the season before last, it all builds up. but anyway injuries happen thats football, however, we would get less injures with a bigger squad.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 pm

TBH, Djourou is good enough and lets not forget there's Miquel. Djourou is 4th choice, since we still have Mertesacker. I don't feel we need another CB with 2 spots and Vermaelen, Koscielnly and Mertesacker all as easy first choices.

Jenkinson backs up Sagna. Santos and Gibbs... not sure. Santos won't last long I feel and Gibbs needs to stay healthy for a whole season for me to trust him. But LBs are just NOT available.

Midfield, Song and Coquelin are enough for the DM spot and there's also Frimpong. Unless Wenger is going for a tactical switch or one of Ramsey or Wilshere are going to be benched (doubtful), I don't see an M'Vila type guy coming. The real problem is the AM slot. Rosicky is old and Ramsey is not an AM at all. If Wilshere will be played here I think he'd do great, but there's still the depth problem. Arteta still has a few years left in him but will ultimately be replaced with Ramsey, IMO, since they play the same position. Ramsey should never be deployed so far up and this season has not at all impressed me, out of position or not. I want another midfielder. Who? No frakking clue. Honda, maybe. Holtby would also be great. Eriksen. Anyone.

Wings are pretty much set with Podolski in who can cover the striker position and the left wing. As said already, a fully with Arsenal can mount title challenges. As long as that stupid injury crisis does not hit even the current team is decent enough.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:47 pm

dnmac4 wrote:For the people who keep saying they just need to keep everyone healthy I think it's pretty obvious that's not going to happen.

And for the people saying they already have the pieces to win trophies again they haven't won any with these pieces so they need a couple players, not many but I think they need to mix in a couple players to help in certain areas.

1) RVP- Keeping him is like a signing IMO and is crucial to winning anything

2) Damiao- I believe he will be a top 5 striker in the world once he gets to Europe and he could probably be had for around 25 mill. Plus I think he would be a perfect strike partner with RVP.

3) Adam Johnson- Wouldn't be too expensive and IMO is an upgrade on the wings. I know I'm probably in the minority but I think he's better then Walcott and Gervinho and Johnson is wasted at City.

4) Antoine Griezmann- I have been saying for years I can't for the life of me figure out why Wenger hasn't snatched him up. He's young, good and French and would have been pretty cheap considering his talent. Plus in the long run I think he will be better then Walcott and Gervinho and for the time being he would be a great backup for when there hurt.

5) Samba- He's a leader and he could help solve some issues they have defending set pieces plus I think he is very underrated and could have been had for pretty cheap considering his skills. HE's a great guy to have at the base of the spine of your team and would bring much needed steel to the side.

Xabi Prieto- He's a little old but would be a good squad depth player for when players get hurt and wouldn't be too expensive IMO. Very underrated player. Plus it seems once a Spanish Midfielder gets to the EPL they turn into a superhuman.

Pedro Leon- He would be cheap and I think Wenger could get the best out of him as I think he is super talented.

Esteban Granero- Good glue player and I think he would do wonders in the EPL. Would be cheap and a great guy to have on the bench.

I like Santos and Song as players so I wouldn't mess with them I just don't share the same feelings about Laurent Koeselny (Spelling?). I think he's very inconsistent and one game will look great and the next will be a total liability. Vermaelen is solid no doubt.

Walcott when he's on can be one of the best players in the world but those moments are way too far and few in between and IMO would be better suited coming off the bench. Frankly I have not been impressed with Gervinho, on a CL/EPL winning team I think he's a backup and I think Johnson is better.

Damiao and RVP would be deadly and it's so hard to buy a great CF for cheap these days so you have to go young and unproven in Europe if you want to save a little money and Damiao fits the bill.

I think they made a big mistake missing out on Cazorla and Mata this offseason when both wanted to come there and I think Arsenal could use a little Spanish Flair on there team as they have been playing the way Arsenal plays since they were born.

They don't need to sign all starters but they do need quality depth with the injuries that are sure to come and some of these players would help.

I don't think they need all of them but a mix of these guys would be great for them. Plus they have OX coming through and he is going to be a beast.

Great call, both are quality and great value for money imo.

Madrid aren't looking to sell Granero though, the reason being pretty much what you said in your post lol

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 am

Damiao and Samba are great suggestions. Samba would help on set pieces and he's experienced. Could play him and Kos for a balanced CB pairing, put Verm on the left and have Sagna at RB. On paper that looks great.

Damiao is an awesome talent but he would be too expensive imo and I don't know if EPL is the right place for him. However, if he were to go to England I think Arsenal would be his best bet.

I've wanted Adam Johnson for over a year now and we've been linked with in the past but I guess City don't wanna part with him. Fantastic dribbler and great left footed, accurate shots. Curl or power, he's got both.

Koscielny is one of our most consistent performers. The games where he hasn't been great have been the games he has to play alongside Djorou.. can't really blame him for that imo.

Walcott is too deadly and explosive to let go. Sure he can be anonymous, but he's still young and we've spent a lot of time developing him. I still have faith and think he will come good. On his day he's a handful for any team.

Gervinho needs to work on his finishing. He makes good runs, gets in good positions but thinks too much and bottles it many times. Also doesn't release the ball fast enough in certain situations. However, his burst of speed is unreal and he can roast any player over short distances imo. He's also a great provider for RVP, and you can see how much he was missed during AFCON.

Wilshere back will be like a new signing. Hope he can hit form quickly. Rosicky will be key next season, like he's proving to be.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3