Lex
sportsczy
Turok_TTZ
Raptorgunner
LeVersacci
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is EPL truly in decline? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is EPL truly in decline?

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Look My penis >> Yours

------------------------------------------>

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm

lol... Madrid fans face the music, good and bad. Barca has only beaten us regularly starting in 2009... with their best team ever and one of the best club sides ever. That started to fade slightly last year with CDR and is about to end this year. Nice 3 year run. Props to the hobbits.

But back to the subject. I actually would be curious how EPL fans view these fail... systematic or nothing to worry about?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm

RED 80s. wrote:So a run of wins, despite being knocked out of all comps, suddenly means Arsenal are improving. While City and United are competing for the league, yet are in decline?

You need to explain that post better.

Well a few weeks ago we were 10 points behind spurs, and now only 1 pt. We got embarrassed by Milan at San Siro due to an awful performance, but showed them what the team was capable of at home.

We have players coming back from injury, players like Rosicky stepping their game up, defense stabilizing and melding together nicely, new signings like Podolski(almost certain) will be coming and adding firepower. Compared to the beginning of the season and even the middle and just recently, it's a huge improvement.

City got kicked out of CL (albeit against pretty good teams) , lost to Everton, haven't been looking great in the league lately, and will probably get knocked out of EL today by Sporting. Maybe they're too tired? Or just overrated, or both.

United I said might be in a decline, because you guys lost to Basel which was surprisng, and just got kicked out of EL (would normally expect United to crush them, tbh) Not dissing your team here, but by Fergie's standards that's underperforming, right? Your league form looks good though, but maybe you guys need some freshness in midfield, and look to replace Evra soon as he's been very bad lately. Do you agree?
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:btw... unless SAF gets a cupcake draw in CL, he gets destroyed. Every time he plays a good european team, his simplistic approach gets exposed.

Not true at all. Just go through the amount teams United had to face in the run to their 3 finals in 4 years in the CL. Far from "Cup cake" draws.

Tonight we just faced a team who wanted the win far, far more than United. It clearly showed. They pressed us all night and showed tremedous desire...fair play to them. The United players had no answer to it.

1st in the league, that's where the priority is. Not no 2nd rate euro comp.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 pm

the EPL, especially the English, players are extremely average technically...

this was coming, the level of defence and attack in the EPL is poor

Last edited by punkfusion1992 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm

LOL at the end of the day there will one winner, and second place is the first loser in CL. eco smile

Go Milan. :bow:

Milan vs Chelsea finals. banana
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:[

indeed... how are arsenal improving? pls enlighten me!

and sports wut a spot on view! indeed epl fans sing praises but where are they now? the EPL is finally shown as the weak average league they are! ahuahuahuahuahua~

Read my post above. Also, what's up with this generalising "EPL fans sing praises"...LOL, ok..

I could also say that Madrid fans were overrating their team before they got their asses handed to them by Liverpool not too long ago..

So I guess after that it was time to start spending like it's going out of style. Bringing in a whole new team pretty much. Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil, Khedira, Mourinho. And now 2 years later or so the team is looking great and transformed, so it's cool to start bragging and talking down before the competition is even over.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:lol... Madrid fans face the music, good and bad
Joke of the week, right there
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
RED 80s. wrote:So a run of wins, despite being knocked out of all comps, suddenly means Arsenal are improving. While City and United are competing for the league, yet are in decline?

You need to explain that post better.

Well a few weeks ago we were 10 points behind spurs, and now only 1 pt. We got embarrassed by Milan at San Siro due to an awful performance, but showed them what the team was capable of at home.

We have players coming back from injury, players like Rosicky stepping their game up, defense stabilizing and melding together nicely, new signings like Podolski(almost certain) will be coming and adding firepower. Compared to the beginning of the season and even the middle and just recently, it's a huge improvement.

City got kicked out of CL (albeit against pretty good teams) , lost to Everton, haven't been looking great in the league lately, and will probably get knocked out of EL today by Sporting. Maybe they're too tired? Or just overrated, or both.

United I said might be in a decline, because you guys lost to Basel which was surprisng, and just got kicked out of EL (would normally expect United to crush them, tbh) Not dissing your team here, but by Fergie's standards that's underperforming, right? Your league form looks good though, but maybe you guys need some freshness in midfield, and look to replace Evra soon as he's been very bad lately. Do you agree?

There's a differnece between a team being in form, than a team that is improving. We need to see next year over a course of a whole season before we can really judge your point.

As for United, you cannot say they are in a decline as we are still in the hunt to win the league. Maybe in Europe..yes.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Man U only legit elite opponents faced was in the 2008 CL season. 2009 and 2011 were easy road until meeting Barcelona.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Lex wrote:I liked it more when Madrid were being smacked around by Barcelona year in, year out and their fan's stayed under their rocks No
I liked it more when arsenal was a more competitive team that actually challenged... where is that team now? (ftr arsenal is the only team i consider worth noting in the epl)

Madrid and probably Bayern as well as Milan are the only ones who can challenge Barca currently. no current epl team has a chance against Barca.
EPL league leaders lost real bad to a team that Madrid wud spank home and away. Mancity is losing to a team who ive no doubt Madrid and farca wud deliver a 5+ goal fest.

a 6th place team in spain > 1st place in epl? lol do the math. La liga is better.

Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga are on the rise. EPL in decline and has been for quite awhile now.

and for those who are wondering. when i say in decline. i say when it comes to europe. otherwise wudnt make sense.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Man U only legit elite opponents faced was in the 2008 CL season. 2009 and 2011 were easy road until meeting Barcelona.

Not rue. In 09 we faced Mourinho's Inter..then we faced Portugues Champions Porto and needed an away win to advance, then we faced Arsenal in the semi's. Again, far from easy ties.

in 2011, I admit, we had it easier....but we still had to play Chelsea in the last 8 and also faced a team who beat Inter soundly (shalke).
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 pm

i mean see the way players like Ander, De Marcos, Llorente and Muniain control the ball, pass the ball and play it
and then watch EPL players run with the ball, there is no control on the ball....
they are so poorly trained, there is no skill in what they do and thats why they suck donkey balls in europe
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 pm

RED 80s. wrote:There's a differnece between a team being in form, than a team that is improving. We need to see next year over a course of a whole season before we can really judge your point.

As for United, you cannot say they are in a decline as we are still in the hunt to win the league. Maybe in Europe..yes.

Yes I agree with that. However, since the Milan win at the Emirates, we've been playing as a whole different team. We're coming back to win games from being down goals against strong teams. 2-0 v Spurs, 1-0 at Anfield etc. I don't remember the last time Arsenal have had a run like this.

My point is that the team has definitely shown a huge improvement, especially mentality and belief wise. You're right that we need to see it more consistently. Trust me, Arsenal fans are dying to see the consistency, but so far so good, and with a few key signings we will definitely be contenders.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Yep, in decline, just like messi was a few months ago :facepalm:

lesson: at least wait a year before branding something as in "decline"

I think the big pl clubs have been in transition rather than decline

Man city will get better next year imo, so will arsenal thanks to their young players (wilshere, chamberlain, ryo, ect), man utd i dont know, i think their next group of players (jones, cleverley, pogba, da silva brothers ect) lack real quality to shine on the european stage, chelsea and tottenham will probably get worse from here as chelseas players are only going to get older and they dont know how to make the transition if they cant go out and spend Ā£100mil, and i doubt tottenham will be able to substain themselves as a top club
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:I liked it more when arsenal was a more competitive team that actually challenged... where is that team now? (ftr arsenal is the only team i consider worth noting in the epl)

Madrid and probably Bayern as well as Milan are the only ones who can challenge Barca currently. no current epl team has a chance against Barca.
EPL league leaders lost real bad to a team that Madrid wud spank home and away. Mancity is losing to a team who ive no doubt Madrid and farca wud deliver a 5+ goal fest.

a 6th place team in spain > 1st place in epl? lol do the math. La liga is better.

Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga are on the rise. EPL in decline and has been for quite awhile now.

and for those who are wondering. when i say in decline. i say when it comes to europe. otherwise wudnt make sense.

We've beaten Barcelona in Europe recently, with far less chances to do it than you guys have had.

Arsenal are improving in the league and will be a force in Europe next season.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Meanwhile... Lisbon working on their choke job lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:50 pm

EPL in decline lol.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:i mean see the way players like Ander, De Marcos, Llorente and Muniain control the ball, pass the ball and play it
and then watch EPL players run with the ball, there is no control on the ball....
they are so poorly trained, there is no skill in what they do and thats why they suck donkey balls in europe

Is EPL truly in decline? - Page 2 File.php?2,file=50550,filename=363-bruce-willis-cool-story-bro-image
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 pm

oh my... did our epl troll jinx lisbon?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:I liked it more when arsenal was a more competitive team that actually challenged... where is that team now? (ftr arsenal is the only team i consider worth noting in the epl)

We've beaten Barcelona in Europe recently, with far less chances to do it than you guys have had.

Arsenal are improving in the league and will be a force in Europe next season.

I've seen the whole Arsenal is improving before and they will do well next year.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:59 pm

its funny because most players in the epl are foreign. so whats the problem then? well its the style of play not the actually ability of the players. look city are loosing to lisbon so are you know going to say technically aguero, silva, yaya, kolarov etc suck? all players from your very own laliga and seria A leagues.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:01 pm

and...... city is out! bwahahahhahahaha! epl is weak in europe! though quite a fight put up by city. commendable. unlike utd. now only one remains and that one is one is the weakest of them all... Chelsea will be knocked out by whoever they draw next. been very to stay on but that luck will run out sooner or later! bwahahahahahha!

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:01 pm

EPL is waaaay overrated. Problem is that there's a massive shortage of good English talent. The bridge between Cole, Lampard, Gerard, etc and the next batch hasn't been made. Until EPL can develop WC local talent... it will struggle to compete with the elite.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:01 pm

This is just a one off bad year for EPL teams

They'll be back next year
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Madrid fans are so pitful and spiteful, they become Barca's bitches so they must cling onto anything they can to insult others Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next