Lex
sportsczy
Turok_TTZ
Raptorgunner
LeVersacci
35 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is EPL truly in decline? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is EPL truly in decline?

Post by Abramovich Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 am

El Pipita wrote:Some Madrid fans here :facepalm:
Gloating like they have accomplished something.

Are you the only humble Madrid fan here? bounce

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:47 am

leemhuis wrote:It usually take more than one year for cycle to turn opposite way. For now, La Liga is much on top, Serie A is improveng, Bundesliga stable, EPL downtrend.

I fail to see how the Serie A is improving and the Bundesliga is stable???? However thats another argument.

However I'm not convinced the EPL is in decline. Maybe 2 years of crap and I'll say this but English clubs do have the money to throw at problems to fix them which is very sad to me Sad. One day not having too much english talent in the league will catch up to them but for now it will not as long as they can still spend millions of pounds.

ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:47 am

One thing people need to differentiate is that some teams are better suited for knockout round games, and some are better suited to play a whole season while being consistent.

Bilbao is a better cup team, because in La liga, they are inconsistent. Man-U, on the other hand, is a team that plays well normally through out a season. There is a significant lack of quality in Man-U since the Ronaldo days, but I would expect Man-U to do better than Bilbao over the course of the season in a league.

La liga fans are taking the La liga wins, and EPL losses in the wrong way, it doesnt mean La Liga is better or anything.

But EPL fans who constantly claim that there is no competition in rest of La liga need to shut up. They clearly dont watch enough La liga games to realize that, and these victories only prove how worthy the rest of the Spanish League is.

The only thing I will say is that next season La liga is going to be way stronger. Atletico, Malaga, and Valencia look like they are going to spend. And Bielsa will have had enough time to implement his philosophy. The future looks bright.

I do hope EPL bounces back next season too, I really enjoy watching it.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:54 am

Abramovich wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Some Madrid fans here :facepalm:
Gloating like they have accomplished something.

Are you the only humble Madrid fan here? bounce

Yes i have inherited the humble and respectful gene from Xavi. :flower:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:21 am

Wow, who would have thought all that Cyberman La Liga trolling actually took its toll. I thought it was funny, but it seems there have been a few here who's hearts were pierced deeply by Cybs words of wrath and who have spent months grinding axes and rocking in the shadowy corner, mentally rotting away

Congrats Liga-fans-who-are-not-El Pipita. Cyberman will see this thread, pour himself a glass of cognac, raise it to a portrait of himself which i know he has on his wall and laugh 'till the cows come home. You've given Cyber his birthday and Christmas presents all wrapped together for the next three years
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:01 am

as much as i like the pl not doing well in europe thanks to facing constant pl is best, la liga teams are shit nonsense for a long time now, i dont think its wise to mock the league so shamelessly ..

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:15 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:So because everyone uses those reasons to hate on clubs, that makes them legitimate? I don't agree with that line of reasoning. And at no point have I ever dismissed or even tried to justify the dislike for Spurs as "just banter".

I dint call it as legitimate but it is hypocritical way of putting it since those are the same exact reasons why fans dislike clubs.

But hey you are from England ,you would have grown up disliking Spurs and i cant really question you here.

Plus you did mention this in chat when i asked you why such terrible amount of hate for Spurs on here.I know what you'll come up with in response so i wont dwell into this 'spurs' related topic.I just provided an instance that is all.

But this is not legitimate. Somebody hypes someone or something up as good. So what? Dislike the person that's doing the hyping, not the thing or person he's trying to hype. Judge the clubs and players on their own merits that you can garner by watching them, not what someone paid to say those sort of things say.

Ofcourse..I have my own opinion on players and clubs and i dont give a shit about what deluded English experts say since there are many of them and its annoying.

But they are on National TV where millions would be watching at home and there would be ignorant set of fans everywhere who get influenced by their opinions since they are actually famed footballers who have earned a good reputation and there actually many of them of this type and its basically getting repetitive,boring and annoying.Is this not true ?Course it is.My country being so England-Centric isnt helping either.

And you really are missing the point here.Its not about me or anybody else making Judgements after watching players and respective clubs,but the way the league is being projected by fans and experts alike in pre-match shows ,in commentary and ofcourse on the Internet on websites.I like this forum though as these group of Pl fans are an educated bunch and watch other leagues too.

Jay this is just my perspective and i hope you dont get worked up and all over this Smile

I have no problem with a few jokes on the the Premier League's behalf. I can differentiate between banter and animosity. But when that line is crossed and people start spewing things like "overhyped" and "annoying fans" as justification for their dislike, I can't take them seriously.

Seriously i dont see any line crossed here..

There have been worser jokes on Serie A and the flak it has taken all these years.Makes me sick.

Lets take this thread for example.What Sports said its true ,if England dont produce quality English talent ,there is gonna come a time where it will inevitably fall behind their Spanish or German or French counterparts.

The League has become good due to the influx of foreign players of high technical quality.And there is no excuse ,this is an English league and quality adequate English talent isnt really being produced as it stands as compared to Spain ,Germany or France.

This wasnt a hate filled post at all as i just gave my opinion.I got really pissed when Chelsea knocked out Napoli and few PL fans started taking a dig at Serie A.I think i'm done as this(mine) is a far from a constructive post and not a really "football" topic..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 am

what i like about this forum is that apart from a few exceptions most people watch every league , and are extremely well informed about other teams not even in their league

cant say that about the general populace specially on mass media, internet, esteemed pundits like carlton palmer, gary neville make it kind of hard

and it is alos psychological, these guys do commentary , are pundits, they are supposed to be unbiased.. it only prejudices the mind against the league for those who support other teams

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:07 am

If the Spanish teams avoid each other it will be:

Real v Barca CL final

Valencia v Bilbao EL final

:coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:56 am

ioilersrock448 wrote:
leemhuis wrote:It usually take more than one year for cycle to turn opposite way. For now, La Liga is much on top, Serie A is improveng, Bundesliga stable, EPL downtrend.

I fail to see how the Serie A is improving and the Bundesliga is stable???? However thats another argument.

However I'm not convinced the EPL is in decline.

Serie A was at bottom in 2007 although we won the CL. We were the only Serie A team that progress very far in CL. This year we have 3 team in the final 16, more than since pre-calciopoli. This is improve. Bundesliga have about same as past years in progrsssion in CL.

If EPL is not in decline with so many defeat of they top two team in EPL by Spanish and Portuguese mid table team, I don know how want to call.

Do you think Bayern or Dortmund or AC Milan or Juventus in current form will be eliminate by the team that eliminate the Manchester team over two leg.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:32 am

The Verminator wrote:

I can't for the life of me understand ewhy people use this logic. No offense but seriously dude. By your logic, Hercules>Barce. Newcastle beat Yanited 3-0. I guess that makes them the better team eh?

One thing is a league match another is a two leg showdown in an european competition.

It bugs me how EPL fans can't accept that the EPL is in a decline. They look down on all these other clubs from weaker leagues. And then you get eliminated by them. City fans thought Sporting was an easy draw. How wrong they were.

It's the same as when the media said england's group in the WC was the easiest ever. Then you barely got out.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:04 pm

leemhuis wrote:
ioilersrock448 wrote:

However I'm not convinced the EPL is in decline.

Serie A was at bottom in 2007 although we won the CL. We were the only Serie A team that progress very far in CL. This year we have 3 team in the final 16, more than since pre-calciopoli. This is improve. Bundesliga have about same as past years in progrsssion in CL.

If EPL is not in decline with so many defeat of they top two team in EPL by Spanish and Portuguese mid table team, I don know how want to call.

Do you think Bayern or Dortmund or AC Milan or Juventus in current form will be eliminate by the team that eliminate the Manchester team over two leg.

All I can say is that Arsenal would have raped any of the EL teams that knocked out the Manchester teams. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm

i dont think you wouldve raped bilbao
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:56 am

stunt wrote:
The Verminator wrote:

I can't for the life of me understand ewhy people use this logic. No offense but seriously dude. By your logic, Hercules>Barce. Newcastle beat Yanited 3-0. I guess that makes them the better team eh?

One thing is a league match another is a two leg showdown in an european competition.

It bugs me how EPL fans can't accept that the EPL is in a decline. They look down on all these other clubs from weaker leagues. And then you get eliminated by them. City fans thought Sporting was an easy draw. How wrong they were.

It's the same as when the media said england's group in the WC was the easiest ever. Then you barely got out.
I like EPL but its on a little decline. Whether the declne will continue next season remains to be seen
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 am

No. Just play any other formation than the bloody classic 4-4-2 ffs
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Is EPL truly in decline? - Page 4 37329810
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:11 am

6th placed team in the EPL wins the Champions League

Dat declinement

Is EPL truly in decline? - Page 4 2ilc7zr
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:29 pm

La Liga & Bundensliga in decline hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:52 pm

The Verminator wrote: Newcastle beat Yanited 3-0. I guess that makes them the better team eh?

Yes :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Mole you're missing :lol!: in your sig Is EPL truly in decline? - Page 4 37329810
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Lampard Mikel
Hulk Mata Hazard
Torres

Decline that!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Ramires Suspect
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Super-Sub/back up RB/DM/RW/LW.

he will still play loads.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Is EPL truly in decline? - Page 4 37329810
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 pm

EPL is in decline while La Liga is growing massively as their teams other than Barcelona and Real Madrid are finally winning in Europe.

Serie A has stopped declining and with the rebirth of Juventus comes the rebirth of the Serie A. Hopefully Italian teams can challenge in Europe again.

The EPL is a very very overrated league and seems to be in decline. The only thing that is preventing it is the endless money being pumped in. Its honestly a myth that England plays the "best" football as i really don't see the interesting side of it. Watched about 15 games of EPL this year and i must say the worst one was Arsenal v Norwich. Absolutely awful defending, all the players did was bomb the ball to the other side and see what happened. England doesn't have the same quality and appeal it used to have.

Another major point is the EPL is a foreign based league. As you can see, English players aren't' great at all. Not saying that England doesn't produce quality players but that their players aren't as good as players from home based leagues such as Spain, Italy, and Germany.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Yeah because Italy is pure stacked with talent atm, GTFO.

Rebirth of Juve gonna change the face of Serie A yeah suerrrrrrrrrrrrr and stop the decline of a whole league ONE TEAM in a league of 20 lmao, second round CL knock out we go.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next