Lord Hades
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Zealous
Arquitecto
37 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Schalke 04 v Athletic Club Bilbao - Page 3 Empty Re: Schalke 04 v Athletic Club Bilbao

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Arq is Basque. Arq supports Liverpool. I support Liverpool. I wonder if that makes me Basque hmm

Spoiler:
donttreadonred wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Arq is Basque. Arq supports Liverpool. I support Liverpool. I wonder if that makes me Basque hmm

Spoiler:

By applying the transitive property of equality, I believe that you have found a way to adjust your heritage. Capital thinking! I see no choice but to support Bilbao now... (I was already planning to. This just gives me a better reason.)

In any case, this tie looks to be one of the best of the next round of European fixtures. I'm so excited.

All my obnoxious Basque spread actually has a purpose. And now I am seeing it fruitfully develop within this forum.

I expect both of you now to continuously post in my Basque thread with in depth analysis. cheers

OT:

Schalke definitely cannot be underestimated. The veltins arena has a fierce atmosphere along with Schalke having a solid squad. They possess players like the young but talented Draxler, the legendary Raul, the predetory Jan-Klass Huntelaar and of course who I rate as Germany's best CB/RB, Benedikt Hoewedes.

I personally feel man to man and manager to manager, Bilbao take it over Schalke in most aspects. But all this cockiness about Bilbao must stop as Schalke will provide a definite challenge and as RWO proved, they have a tendency to make brilliant comebacks when down on leads.

But... if Bielsa manages to control his formation changing seizures, than I feel Bilbao can even comfortably overcome Schalke so as long as we play the best sytem that worked so well at OT and the Mames. the 4-2-3-1.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Schalke 04 v Athletic Club Bilbao - Page 3 Empty Re: Schalke 04 v Athletic Club Bilbao

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Arq Raul has been beasting lately. Are you sure Bilbao can contain him, Draxler and Grass Jan Huntelaar?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:49 pm

This weekend against K'lautern, Schalke also started with 1 goal against. Guess what - they won 4:1 again XD

@Zealous: It is "Class Jan Huntelaar", btw Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Zealous wrote:Arq Raul has been beasting lately. Are you sure Bilbao can contain him, Draxler and Grass Jan Huntelaar?

I'm confident the pair of Amorbieta and San Jose can mark out Huntelaar as all you really need to do is close up the gaps with him and he'll be pretty ineffectual.

Draxler? I honestly cannot say as tricky players like him are pretty unpredictable when it comes to predicting on how they'll fare. I'm sure a physical approach would do with Itu and Javi pressing on him.

Raul is the one I fear as unlike Hunt, he actually can trouble Bilbao with his general play and has a decent record against us.

Plus, he tends to show up on the bigger occasion for Schalke as I've seen and in general.

He is my danger man for Schalke.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:23 pm

which spanish team doesnt raul have a decent record against / Razz
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Lord Hades wrote:which spanish team doesnt raul have a decent record against / Razz

Deportivo La Coruna?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Zealous wrote:Raul > Spain this is what Marca taught me :bow:

Nah it'll be a great game and I'll be happy with whoever wins. I wouldn't mind Raul playing against us in the European Super cup though (provided we both win our respective cups, which is easier said than done)

Overconfidence might bite you in the ass. Just sayin.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Because despite my fanship of Raul, he was a flop for our NT

:vagi:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Arq that's harsh.

I really really believe we couldve won in 2002 had it not been for that stupid Korean drug dealing ref.

The penalty shootut against Irealnd is one of my fondest memories in football, especially Morientes double to comeback.

If he had all these guys creating for him, surely he would've scored more.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 am

If Raul would have the midfield that Spain had for 2008 and 2010 he would be scoring goals after goals. Raul was not a flop I don't know where you are getting that from. A football legend still kicking it for shalke!

Raul NT flop :facepalm:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:29 am

white_star wrote:If Raul would have the midfield that Spain had for 2008 and 2010 he would be scoring goals after goals. Raul was not a flop I don't know where you are getting that from. A football legend still kicking it for shalke!

Raul NT flop :facepalm:

+1. Your first post I completely agree with Very Happy Also, when Spain got knocked out in 2002, Raul was injured for that 1 match against Korea. He actually had a really good world Cup until then.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:37 am

Completely neutral for this tie, but I can see Bilbao taking this.

Schalke are going to give them a hell of a match at the Veltins though. They just won't have enough going with their backline to stop the likes ot Llorente, Munain and De Marcos though where as Bilbao just might be able to put the brakes on Huntelaar and Raul. Amorebieta has been beasting back there in this comp. Javi Martinez too.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 am

Well, I'm really looking forward to watching this. I think one can't count out either team as they both look pretty cool at the moment. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for Schalke, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am

Le Samourai wrote:Arq that's harsh.

I really really believe we couldve won in 2002 had it not been for that stupid Korean drug dealing ref.

The penalty shootut against Irealnd is one of my fondest memories in football, especially Morientes double to comeback.

If he had all these guys creating for him, surely he would've scored more.

Your right, it is.

Raul did score a lot for us, but never really did so when we needed him do and was largely anonymous for us. He never could replicate that RM form. You'll only see RM fans arguing against that. The rest of our country knows how average he was for us.

Who actually did perform when we needed? Morientes, Hierro, Villa, and one of my favs, Butregueno.

And our midfield was easily good enough. Sadly our manager (Camacho) and mentality wasn't.

As for Moreno that corrupt ref, I hope he rots in jail.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:24 pm

white_star wrote:

Nah it'll be a great game and I'll be happy with whoever wins. I wouldn't mind Raul playing against us in the European Super cup though (provided we both win our respective cups, which is easier said than done)

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 pm

I never make an ass out of myself, provided I read all the posts properly, which is easier said than done. :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I never try to brag about my wealth, good looks and talent unless, provided I don't post here, which is easier said than done :vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Raul was really considered a NT flop in Spain?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Don't sweat on it, every time before a major tournament, the German media and the knee-jerkers out there try to paint Podolski and Klose as NT-flops.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Zealous wrote:
white_star wrote:

I saw it that's why I said just sayin. The post sounded like you were really confident. Anyways Raul :bow:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Who do Schalke play before and in between matches?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:36 pm

As I also posted in the Schalke Thread, these are the upcoming matches for Schalke:

Bundesliga:

Sa 24.03.2012, 18:30 CET: Schalke 04 - Bayer Leverkusen

Su 01.04.2012, 17:30 CET: 1899 Hoffenheim - Schalke 04

Su 08.04.2012, 15:30 CET: Schalke 04 - Hannover 96

Europe League

Th 29.03.2012, 21:05 CET: Schalke 04 - Athletic Bilbao

Th 05.04.2012, 21:05 CET: Athletic Bilbao - Schalke 04

CET := GMT+1
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Worried for Bilbao, who have gone through a rough patch on the league and will have to face Schalke away first.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:58 am

Pretty sure they also have to face Barca on Saturday

Fedcelona :vagi:

What will Bielsa choose EL or qualifying for EL hmm
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 am

Schalke will show up with the full strength team for sure. Playing in Europe is a matter of honour for German teams. ^^

BTW, there will be a free German live stream for Schalke - Bilbao here at ran.de: http://www.ran.de/de/fussball/europa-league/video/el-live-tvinfo.html (German proxy might be needed though). The match will also be shown on German free TV channel SAT1.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:05 am

unfortunately i can understand german as much as spanish lol so have to rely on the great english commentators

going to be a cracking match though ,schalke are one of the few teams i can watch for 90 mins as a neutral . bilbao are one of those teams too
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next