Senor Penguin
LeVersacci
Lord Awesome
Zealous
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators" Empty Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators"

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 16 Mar - 16:05:15

bounce
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators" Empty Re: Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators"

Post by Zealous Fri 16 Mar - 16:05:54

:notbad:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators" Empty Re: Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators"

Post by Lord Awesome Fri 16 Mar - 16:07:24

Meh, he's awesome.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri 16 Mar - 16:07:48

hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri 16 Mar - 16:08:04

Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators" Misc-true-story-realistic

Stay classy, Pep

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 16 Mar - 16:10:00

Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators" Bandera_bielsa
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 16 Mar - 16:12:46

I see nothing wrong there. Well done Pep, well done...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 16 Mar - 16:15:05

Rich man's Pep
(or more direct, less boring Pep) hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri 16 Mar - 16:16:38

Best balance between sissy tippy tappy and direct thug rugby. :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri 16 Mar - 16:18:41

Zealous wrote:Best balance between sissy tippy tappy and direct thug rugby. :bow:

Also known as Basque football and philosophy in correct terms.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 16 Mar - 16:20:57

To be honest, I did have nothing good to say when Athletic got rid of Caparros unceremoniously but Bielsa really has taken this side several notches further than Caparros probably wouldn't. With that, Bielsa has my respect and I'm certainly a fan of his work.

Shame his tenure(s) at Argentina never panned out...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 16 Mar - 16:21:42

I have been polishing my Bielsa shrine since september 2011, it sure looks shiny
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri 16 Mar - 16:29:44

Arquitecto wrote:
Zealous wrote:Best balance between sissy tippy tappy and direct thug rugby. :bow:

Historically, Bilbao just were thugs...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri 16 Mar - 16:30:19

Mr Nick09 wrote:I have been polishing my Bielsa shrine since september 2011, it sure looks shiny

Bielsa is the reason Barcelona press.... ROFL...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 16 Mar - 16:31:07

Except pretty bot Julien. He wasn't thug even if he tried to be thug...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 16 Mar - 16:31:17

Mr Nick09 wrote:I have been polishing my Bielsa shrine since september 2011, it sure looks shiny

It's such a shame that shrine will be sold in a car boot sale when Bielsa joins Barca when his Bilbao contract runs out.

Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 16 Mar - 16:32:45

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

It's such a shame that shrine will be sold in a car boot sale when Bielsa joins Barca when his Bilbao contract runs out.

Sad

Jog friend, barca will go for Luis Enrique that will finally fulfill his mission of destruction upon Barcelona. Even TIto has more of a shot.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 16 Mar - 16:39:15

Lol I hope Pep dont give him TOO much respect, we wanna win the Del Rey Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri 16 Mar - 16:43:27

I wonder if he would stand by his words when Bielsa moves to madrid
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri 16 Mar - 16:46:14

Yuri Yukuv wrote:I wonder if he would stand by his words when Bielsa moves to madrid

Of course he will, Guardiola is honest....
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri 16 Mar - 16:46:18

Yuri Yukuv wrote:I wonder if he would stand by his words when Bielsa moves to madrid
He will be :vagi:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri 16 Mar - 17:33:26

Arquitecto wrote:

Basque philosophy was the same as the English one i.e physical and long ball just with more homegrown players. That Athletic club plays this entertaining is new to the basque club and its all thanks to Bielsa :bow:

Last edited by harhar11 on Fri 16 Mar - 17:41:51; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 16 Mar - 17:36:42

Lol Arquitecto, this is the Basque philosophy

Pep: "Bielsa is the best coach in the planet, he is a gift to the spectators" N_athletic_club_de_bilbao_la_historia-17476
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri 16 Mar - 17:40:31

Bielsa- "Butterball is the best coach ever, he is gift to everyone"
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri 16 Mar - 18:33:05

Sigh....Time for another session of myth dispelling.

This stereotype of Bilbao and Basque being the englishman of the Liga is an absolute joke among the Liga historians. I'm surprised some aren't erudite on this.

The stereotype spurs from how Basque youth camps and teams are intensely rigorous and focused on developing the youth physical condition and physique (by their own special diets and training. So, since pretty much all of them are conditioned and strong athletes, its a cesspool for stereotype along with the provincial jokes that come with it.

So all this high intense pressing, symbiotic movement on and off the ball, quick, rapid rotation on the ball and intense movement forward and passing etc etc is ALL part of the original Basque philosophy and footballing methodology.

Don't believe me?

See Pentland and Caicedo's Bilbao of the 30s (or whats always been said of it).Uriquizu's orgasmic Bilbao of the 40s. Daucik's Bilbao of the mid 50s. Gainza's Bilbao of the mid 60s. See the Clemente Era, see the Fernandez era.

I don't even need to mention the teams of the 23 copa del reys of Bilbao.

Who else? See Otegui's famous Liga dominating Sociedad. See the best autonomous footballing team in Espana, a team that historically dominates even Catalunya.

All of these teams a near EXACT replica of Bielsa's team as only with its own individual minor tactical differences.

Doesn't anyone even wonder why every Basque player and in Bilbao is so so technically proficient and mentally strong? Hasn't anyone noticed this? All a product of the long worked philosophy and methodology of Pais Vasco

Best example was at OT of this
We all love Bielsa let's give credit where it's due as well.
Bielsa, a scholar of Basque football, sat somewhere in Argentina (probably munching on their delicious meats) wanted to revive Basque football and bring the way back onto the map. Urrutia felt the same way which brought the 2 of them to a meeting and both agreed mutually on this long term project.

He was brought in to successfully blend his meticulous tactics with the Basque way as so far, it has been a success.

Caparros, being the good manager and solid tactician he is, failed to do so as he brought the stereotype back with his english style of play. We all loved the guy but he was to safe and stubborn to complete the PRIME objective he was given.

lol and I knew someone had to bring up Olaskoaga as he was the catalyst for this stereotype with his tenacious play as he was an external in Basque philosophy as what Gattuso is to Italian.

Bielsa at the moment has fallen further in love with the province, its way and people and has repeated he is here for the long term. Only thing that bring him out is our stubborn press and fans. But we have grown accustomed to his eccentricities.

So Real and Barca fans can keep dreaming about Bielsa until then. Its quite hilarious actually.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Fri 16 Mar - 18:47:21; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next