Le Samourai
leemhuis
Rebaño Sagrado
Babun
9 posters

Go down

Reform  Empty Reform

Post by Babun Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:55 pm

1. I noticed some awful inconsistencies in refereeing throught countries. In Spain, it's the worst in my opinion but the ones in England, Italy or Germany aren't the best either.
If we talk about goal line technology why not talk about professional referees? Yeah right, most referees work part-time :lol!:

Millions of money are involved in football directly ( tickets, TV money etc.) or indirectly ( beting etc., shirts...) but one can't afford professional referees eco smile

Irony?

Don't bring up Villarreal game ( trolls or other idiots who consider themselves smart). The problems are more deep routed...

2. The other thing I don't get. What's the point of Europe League? At least, the winner should automatically qualify for CL. Clubs have to make huge efforts for little return, what kind of business model is that? eco smile

3. The pussyfication of defenders is seriously enraging me. Each dive or tackle is considered a foul if a player dives from an angle which the referee can't see. It almost developed to an art :lol!: Football is a contact sport. As long as someone goes for the ball or not for the man, I don't get the crap rules. Games are stopped all the time, the flow slowed down etc. How am I supposed to enjoy a game properly?
Best games are the ones in which a referee doesn't have to interfer the least. Scrap with the rules and punish people who go for the man only.

Feel free to add more points... eco smile

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Reform  Empty Re: Reform

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 am

Reform  Random-0025
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 am

Claudio Gentile agree with you.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 am

All for it as long as it's used properly.

Used to call important decisions only.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 am

Jaap Stam agree with you.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 am

Having part time referee's really is just such a joke...Badly damages the credibility of the leagues/competitions
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 am

Referees are human and as such, are prone to mistakes. The only way around this is to build autonomous machines, not dissimilar to terminators, and have then officiate games. Only trouble with that is, there's every chance Fergie will end up paying off whoever programmes them and has him re-assign them to murder all United's title rivals if they get in touching distance of the red devils....

Am i straying off topic at all?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 am

I honestly think it makes sense to just put replay technology to use.If a guy goes down and he swears by his life it's a penalty...replay it.

If a defender swears by his life it isn't...replay it.

Before you give a guy a red card , replay it to make sure....only important calls.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 am

Just out of curiosity, why is the sport so set on the 1 referee system? I mean obviously there's the line judges as well but they do f*ck all...Why not two officials on the pitch?

Just posing the question
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:03 am

Lex wrote:Referees are human and as such, are prone to mistakes. The only way around this is to build autonomous machines, not dissimilar to terminators, and have then officiate games. Only trouble with that is, there's every chance Fergie will end up paying off whoever programmes them and has him re-assign them to murder all United's title rivals if they get in touching distance of the red devils....

Am i straying off topic at all?
:lol!:
Professional referees with a rule book for all leagues would give the game more credentials. As of now, each ref interprets the same foul or occurence differently eco smile
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Just out of curiosity, why is the sport so set on the 1 referee system? I mean obviously there's the line judges as well but they do f*ck all...Why not two officials on the pitch?

Just posing the question
First constructive suggestion...
Maybe, they'll get in each other's way? Also, having two refs evaluating a foul may make the breaks in the game longer-> destroy the flow. I think a replay feature on majour decisions would make their lifes much easier than a second ref ( red cards, penos etc.).
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 am

I dont see how two referees would damage the flow any more than all the diving, faking injury, ref crowding etc already does...If anything I think it might help alleviate some of the ref crowding

All American sports have more than 1 ref...theres some occasional interruptions but getting important calls right is far more important than having a perfectly free flowing game..

They don't seem to get in each others way either - Assign one to focus on each half of the field, when the ball is deep in one half the second official can drift around the midway line and watch for anything off the ball that the other official might not be able to see...

Also by putting all of the power on one person it magnifies their mistakes and leaves room for the whole "ref was bought" "corrupt ref" etc conspiracies...In the major leagues I think those are more bluster and frustration than reality but in smaller leagues...Just a thought
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:29 am

When I first joined goal.com I was shocked at how often people would claim that the referee was corrupt or had been bought...As an American isolated from most other avid football fans I had never heard that kind of talk so frequently and openly...The only times I had ever thought there was a corrupt ref was in Inter-Juve 98 and Moreno in the WC 2002...

It makes sense though...As you said there are billions spent on this sport worldwide, and yet one individual (who is part time and underpaid) has supreme and total power to influence the outcome of the game however he wishes really...Even if corruption is overstated - the incentive to attempt to bribe officials is VERY attractive when all the power resides with just one man..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:32 am

The only time I see the line refs doing shit are if they see a straight red card offense as in the Zidane fiasco. I would support giving them power, since the main ref's sight is limited and they are human after all. They should also be able to overwrite a main ref's order if they clearly have a better view, or call him an asshole if he does something wrong.

But this would all kill the spirit of football, or some similar Blatter-like shit.

This would also give the line-ref in those CL matches something to do apart from picking his nose and farting. They should be able to move up and down the pitch instead of camping just behind the posts.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 am

Each FA should have a disciplinary committee that will look for any dive and for every dive = suspension + fine... banana

That and make any dive caught by ref in game = instant red + more suspension from FA

As for more than 1 ref thing... Just do it like NBA style, all officials will communicate and have shared responsibility. As opposed to the current, 1 ref to decide everything.

and yeah... I think 1 ref for each half would be good =O

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 am

video technology ffs, it's not 1950

and straight red for diving is stupid, it would be a matter of days before someone got unfairly sent off for diving... retrospective bans are the best way to deal with divers, or violent offenders for that matter
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down