Sushi Master
rwo power
VivaStPauli
93 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ze German Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Ze German Thread

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Yeah I wouldn't mind axing the "Englische Wochen", one match per week already produces enough injuries, add to that the European Cups, that's pretty much enough, we hardly need matchdays in mid-week for no reason on top of that.

F*ck me, I would even be willing to get rid of one 1st league team to have shorter seasons and longer breaks.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Sooooooooo, Löw extended until 2018... F*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck, is what I say. F*ck me. Not 3 more years of that clueless moron. Oh Lord have mercy, this is why I don't believe in you!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:03 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Sooooooooo, Löw extended until 2018... F*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck, is what I say. F*ck me. Not 3 more years of that clueless moron. Oh Lord have mercy, this is why I don't believe in you!

Lowe won us the world cup. I believe we can dominate world football for another decade (:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 am

Now you're just being mean...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:28 pm

I am a bit surprised VivaStPauli doesn't like Low , Low is a Podolski fan Very Happy
ffs we needed of Low at San Siro (as yesterday) to watch a good match played by Podolski lol
Just a curiosity anyway , why do Germany fans hate so much Low ? hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Mostly because many of us are the opinion that, with a different, better coach, we could have won the 2010 WC, and should have won the 2012 Euros...

Also Löw has the tendency to arrogantly snub very talented players, the most recent example being Kießling, he's also seemed rather thankless towards Gomez after the great Euro the guy played in 2012, has been erratic in his squad selection and tactics at times (2010 and 2012 semis, everyone!), and generally appears to lack balls, illustrated in how he axed Ballack from the national team.

He's overall a good coach concerning instilling technique, coaching attacking moves and some such, but a shitty tactician, and his squad selection is barely understandable.

He just seems to lack his own ideas and ends up copying other teams, while ironically having his team play the best football when they lacked any "grand scheme" and just played football in a solid shape and to their own strengths.

The general opinion is that we won the World Cup despite Löw, not because of Löw.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Thanks for the response.
tbf ,  I agree enough with it.
He was bottling too in last WC, imo thatt Mustafi injured against Algeria helped him and even in final he was going to bottle it but Argentina missed some easy chances ... Germany was definitely the best team on paper in that WC despite Reus out
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:34 am

German NT for the friendly against Australia and the Euro Qualifier against Georgia

GK: Manuel Neuer, Roman Weidenfeller, Ron-Robert Zieler

Defense: Holger Badstuber, Jerome Boateng, Jonas Hector, Benedikt Höwedes, Mats Hummels, Shkodran Mustafi, Sebastian Rudy

Midfield: Karim Bellarabi, Ilkay Gündogan, Sami Khedira, Christoph Kramer, Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Mesut Özil, Lukas Podolski, Marco Reus, André Schürrle, Bastian Schweinsteiger

Strikers: Mario Götze, Max Kruse

Source: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/nationalelf/623446/artikel_loew-holt-badstuber-und-guendogan-zurueck.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:58 pm

German U21 NT for Italy and England

GK: Timo Horn (1. FC Köln), Loris Karius (1. FSV Mainz 05), Bernd Leno (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Marc-André ter Stegen (FC Barcelona)

Defense: Matthias Ginter (Borussia Dortmund), Christian Günter (SC Freiburg), Robin Knoche (VfL Wolfsburg), Julian Korb (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Willi Orban (1. FC Kaiserslautern), Nico Schulz (Hertha BSC)

Midfield: Maximilian Arnold (VfL Wolfsburg), Leonardo Bittencourt (Hannover 96), Emre Can (FC Liverpool), Kerem Demirbay (1. FC Kaiserslautern), Johannes Geis (1. FSV Mainz 05), Joshua Kimmich (RB Leipzig), Felix Klaus (SC Freiburg), Moritz Leitner (VfB Stuttgart), Yunus Malli (1. FSV Mainz 05), Max Meyer (FC Schalke 04), Amin Younes (1. FC Kaiserslautern), Jean Zimmer (1. FC Kaiserslautern)

Strikers: Serge Gnabry (FC Arsenal), Philipp Hofmann (1. FC Kaiserslautern), Kevin Volland (1899 Hoffenheim)

Source: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/u21/startseite/623467/artikel_hrubesch-holt-ginter-und-gnabry.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Koan Neuer! Sad

For the friendly against Australia, Roman Weidenfeller will keep the goal as Manuel Neuer ist rested due to a bursitis in the knee. It is expected that he will play against Georgia nonetheless.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:33 pm

So Jogi Löw decided on Ron-Robert Zieler in Germany's goal against Australia. This was an unconvincing match that ended 2:2. Oh, and Prince Poldi scored!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:35 pm

lol
we should play with Germany jersey and German anthem before of Inter matches...in this way Podolski scores surely
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:42 pm

I'll take that result every day.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:02 pm

The strained relationship between Germany and friendly matches continues ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:41 pm

And between Germany-fans and Löw.
Dear lord.

Listen, there's also positives. But oh god that was bad, overall.

So.
Here it is.

The Good:
- Hector, he looked rather convincing as a leftback, though that might've been that he was mostly playing as a LM nobody expected to score, so it's not like he was under massive scrutiny.
- The formation; 3-5-2, or 3-4-1-2 is what I use in FIFA, so obviously this is genius, go on, Löw.
- This obviously wasn't the preferred lineup. No Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Neuer, Boateng, Müller, possibly Hummels. Clearly more than half of our starters were getting a rest.

The bad:

- The squad selection. F*ck you, Löw. Bellarabi, that utter dud, starting again. I hope you get the crabs, you filth.
- Defensive cohesion was nonexistant. Some of that was due to Germany never wanting to risk injury in a friendly, and I can get behind that. But also, players like Bellarabi did NOTHING to cover the defence, and they were caught off-foot again and again.
- Bloody Mustafi
- Bloody Bellarabi, again
- The attacking moves looked uninspired, and with that pace, technique, and creativity on the pitch at once, we should be able to do something. We're the only country able to field an offense than is better than any club's would be and we're limited to two lucky counter goals against f*cking Australia, give me a break.

What I take away as a positive from this match is that at least some of the decisions make sense. I like that we left the u21 side strong, and let their players gather experience, so no harm done there, but f*ck me, we're in disarray and the team looks unmotivated, not convinced of the tactics and therefor undisciplined, and uncreative.

Löw has to go, FFS.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:32 pm

We are doomed.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:45 pm

With Löw we are, yes.

Though the extent to which we are really doomed, we will see with Boateng, Hummels, Piggy, Neuer and Müller back.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:26 pm

As for the formation, who do you play as wingbacks in your genius FIFA lineup lol.

Because as much as a 3 man defense of Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber makes perfect sense due to both Boateng and Bastuber having respective right and left fullback qualities, there's still the question of the actual wide players, wing backs, defensive wingers, call it what you will.

Installing the 3 man defense due to lack of quality full backs just shifts the problem further up the field.

Because who do we have? A player like Großkreutz would be perfect on the right side but apparently his career at top level is over or so it seems.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Well, Löw should look at Gladbach for turbo fast wide players. But then, Gladbach isn't in the South of Germany :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:54 am

Just play the quicker CMs/DMs as wide players, or just have regular wingers there. You don't have to use wingbacks.

In FIFA (I know this isn't real, but Löw could do something similar) I either have midfielders that are good allrounders and have decent pace on the wings, so that means the Bender twins, it means Gonzalo Castro (who should be nominated anyway), possibly even Kramer or Khedira. Or you just flat-out use wingers there. Müller on the right, Schürrle on the left, for example, or Reus, though I prefer him up front.

If you have defensive midfielders on the wings (also thinking of Goretzka, btw), you defend with your makeshift wingbacks dropping deep, forming a chain of 5, which is the classic italian style move, which didn't work all that well on wednesday.

But you can also just have your wingers harry the opposing wingers without trying to actually act like wingbacks, and have them stay a bit up the pitch, and have Boateng and Badstuber move wide on either side of the pitch and pick them up, while the DM drops deep, helping out Hummels, forming a back-four instead of five while moving defensively, so a 3-4-1-2 becomes a 4-4-2 with the DM dropping to CB (kind of), and the #10/8 taking over in the midfield 4.

This takes defensive responsibility away from the wingers, which is great, because we don't have decent fullbacks, or wingbacks, and I'm not overly skeptical of someone like Khedira or Schweinsteiger filling in at CB in the flow of play, they do that already anyway.

Löw could also pussy out and just use Badstuber at LB, Boateng at RB and partner Hummels with Höwedes, or even Ginter. Hell, even Mustafi if he doesn't play a high line. He's bound to improve at Valencia.

IMHO most defensive problems came from the fact that most midfielders didn't want to risk injury, hence they ran less, tackled less, which they normally do a lot. Also, lol, Bellarabi. Utter scrub. Perfect Löw pupil.

I can see players like Müller, and even Götze or Özil, picking up at least some tackles and interceptions on their respective wing. Especially Müller runs his lungs out, I have no problem seeing him doing some kind of Großkreutz impression with better finishing.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm

England U21 vs Germany U21

England U21: Bond - Jenkinson, Gibson, Stones, Garbutt - Ward-Prowse, Hughes, Forster-Caskey - Redmond, Ings, Lingard
Bench: Bettinelli (GK), Keane, Chambers, Pritchard, Woodrow

Germany U21: ter Stegen - Korb, Ginter, Knoche, C.Günter - Can, Leitner - Bittencourt, M.Meyer, Younes - P.Hofmann
Bench: Horn (GK), Karius (GK), Orban, Zimmer, Geis, Gnabry, Kimmich, Klaus, Malli, N.Schulz

Goals:
15.) 0:1 - Philipp Hofmann (assist by Christian Günster)
35.) 1:1 - Lingard (assist by Jenkinson)
50.) 1:2 - Philipp Hofmann (assist by Julian Korb)
79.) 2:2 - Redmond (assist by Pritchard)
82.) 3:2 - Ward-Prowse (assist by Jenkinson)

FT - England U21 3:2 Germany U21
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:41 pm

By the way, I read up a bit on the history of the German women NT today and was thoroughly fascinated.

People laud and applaud the DFB for setting up a successful men's team after the dismal showings in the beginning of 2000, but what the DFB did in women football was probably even more stunning.

Let's start with the fact that originally the DFB decided in 1955 to forbid women's football in all of its clubs in West Germany because they thought it was indecent and the sport was unbecoming for women. It took until 1970 before the ban was lifted.

Nonetheless there was no official women national team until quite a bit later.

When in 1981, a DFB official got an invitation for the German women NT to participate in the unofficial women's football world championship that took place in Taipei/Taiwan in 1981, he was too embarassed to admit that Germany didn't have any women national team in football, and so the DFB accepted the invitation nonetheless.

But what to do with no NT? Sneakily they decided to send the German club champion Bergisch Gladbach to the tournament - and lo and behold, they won the whole thing.

Still it took until 1982 that the DFB finally managed to found a proper national team, and as they wanted to build on mostly young players, they missed the qualification for the first two European championships that took place in 1984 and 1987.

But already in 1989 - that is a mere 7 years after the women NT was founded - we did not only qualify for the Euro, but won it as well.

Since then, the German NT managed to win the Euros in 1989, 1991, 1995, 1997, 2001, 2005, 2009, and 2013, only missing out on one for which we qualified (1993 that went to Norway).

It took slightly longer to win the World Cup (1991 and 1999 went to the USA, and 1995 was won by Norway), but in 2003 and 2007, the German women finally managed to claim that cup, too. After the shock defeat by later winners Japan in the QF 2011, we will see how things will pan out in Canada 2015.

But if you look at it, for a national team that only exists since 1982, the yield of 2 World Cups, 8 European Cups and 2 Algarve Cups is not bad at all.

(And I didn't even mention women club football, where 4 different German clubs by now won altogether 9 of the 13 available titles since 2001. And in this year's women CL, both 1.FFC Frankfurt and VfL Wolfsburg are already in the semi final.)

Last edited by rwo power on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Sack Löw, get Klopp, ASAP! Now is the time!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:43 pm

I won't even start to get emotionally involved in this.

It's not going to happen, and I'm having a very fragile resigned acceptance of the fact that Löw is NT coach.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm just wishing for what would be awesome. Those tits will extend with Löw until he crashes out of the Euros, again.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Ze German Thread - Page 29 K7efo

:coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots