McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
kiranr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rwo power
Jay29
14 posters

Go down

Stilian Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia Empty Stilian Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia

Post by Jay29 Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Aston Villa captain Stilian Petrov has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia, the club have said.

The condition was diagnosed following tests after the Bulgaria international, 32, developed a fever following last Saturday's defeat to Arsenal.

The club said: "We expect to learn more about Stilian's situation in due course and we have moved quickly to support him and his family.

"During this time we ask that Stilian's privacy is placed ahead of all inquiries and trust that we will share information as we receive it.

"Stilian is cherished by many and he will get from Villa every ounce of love and support that we have to help bring this to a positive conclusion."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/30/aston-villa-stilian-petrov-leukaemia

----------------------------

It's just one thing after another. No

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Stilian Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia Empty Re: Stilian Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Well, I hope this leads to even more people volunteering to sign up with a Bone Marrow Donor Program. Finding matches is always extremely difficult, so the more people are in the databases, the better. (BTW, I am already registered since quite a while ^^)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Stilian Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia Empty Re: Stilian Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Shockingly horrible news, seems a lovely lad and a decent player i hope he recovers and my thoughts are with him and his family.......

BTW could this be a reason why he struggles to play games at a high level for more than a hour these days?

I know some thought his legs had gone, but as some may know Leukemia diminishes red blood cell count and thus the processing of oxygen by the Chronic fatigue is an usual symptom, among others

So its possibly likely this has effected him on the pitch for a while now.

In any case this is an awful disease who i wouldnt wish upon on my worse enemy and once again shows why theres more important things in life than football.

Get well soon !
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:10 pm

I hope he recovers from this. Atleast he will be given the best of available treatments. Get well soon.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Best of wishes to him, cancer is a horrible thing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Terrible news. Can't imagine what he and his family are going through right now after finding out something like that.

My thoughts are with them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:15 pm

My thoughts are with his family. Leukemia is a *bleep* up disease. I hope he recovers.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:42 pm

best wishes to Stilian and his family, must be really hard for them atm

why didnt they pick it up earlier???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Stilian Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia Empty Celtic and Aston Villa legend Stiliyan Petrov diagnosed with acute leukaemia

Post by DeviAngel Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:49 pm

FORMER Celtic midfielder Stiliyan Petrov has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia, it has been confirmed.
The Parkhead legend starred for the Hoops between 1999 and 2006, becoming a firm favourite with the crowd.

Celtic boss Neil Lennon tweeted: "Absolutely inconsolable here regarding Stilian. He will overcome this like all the other barriers he faced in his life."

Petrov, 32, is captain of Aston Villa and the Bulgarian national team.

A statement on the Aston Villa website said: "The Villa Board received news today that our long-standing captain Stiliyan Petrov has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia.

"Stiliyan developed a fever following the Arsenal game last Saturday and subsequently underwent tests conducted by Dr Ian McGuinness.

"Haematology experts confirmed the diagnosis today."

The statement added: "We expect to learn more about Stiliyan's situation in due course and we have moved quickly to support him and his family.

"During this time we ask that Stiliyan's privacy is placed ahead of all inquiries and trust that we will share information as we receive it.

"Stiliyan is cherished by many and he will get from Villa every ounce of love and support that we have to help bring this to a positive conclusion."

It is understood there was no indication that Petrov was facing such a severe medical setback until this week. Villa assistant manager Peter Grant indicated on Wednesday that Petrov was suffering from a virus.
The shock news that he was suffering from leukaemia was only confirmed this afternoon when the results of tests undergone by Petrov became evident. He booked into a London hospital today.
In a statement on the Celtic website, Lennon and chief executive Peter Lawwell both sent get-well wishes to Petrov.

Lennon said: “We are all absolutely devastated to hear this news. As a member of the Celtic family, it is important for Stiliyan to know that he has our unequivocal support in battling against this disease.
“Knowing Stiliyan as I do, and the many obstacles he has overcome in his life to get to the peak of his career, he will overcome this one too.

“On behalf of the players and the backroom staff we send our support and best wishes to Stiliyan, Paulina and the family. We are there for them all and they will never walk alone.”

Lawwell said: “This is terrible news and our support and prayers go to Stiliyan, Paulina and their family at this very difficult time.

“Stiliyan was an exceptional player for Celtic and helped to bring incredible success here during the seven years he spent at the club.

“He was also one of the most popular players here, not only within the club but with all our supporters and I know that they, too will want to pass on their support and best wishes to Stiliyan and his family.”
======================
I'll pray for you ... god be with you Stiliyan Sad all the best
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:50 pm

I'll be praying for you Stiliyan Sad Be a muamba strong you can do it whole goal legacy is with you and whole football world Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:12 pm

For those who would like to do more than just wish Petrov a speedy recovery:

UK: http://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/bonemarrow/qa/index.asp#howcan
Germany: https://www.dkms.de/home/en/become-a-donor/registration.html
Poland: https://www.dkms.de/home/en/dkms-international/dkms-poland.html
United States or Puerto Rico: https://www.dkmsamericas.org/register

If you live in some other country, there are usually Bone Marrow Donor registries, too. These registries are connected world-wide and if a match is found, there are no country boundaries between donor and the person in need. Just google for it in your country!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Thoughts with him and his families. This is terrible Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Damn it hope he gets better.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 pm

wow, that's awful. best wishes to him and hope he recovers
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:09 am

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/403541/Stiliyan-Petrov-back-playing-football-Central-Warwickshire-Sunday-League

Stiliyan Petrov back playing football... in the Central Warwickshire Sunday League

Petrov was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in March 2012. Villa then confirmed in August that year that he was in remission.

He announced his retirement from the professional game in May 2013 but has recently made three appearances for Central Warwickshire League side Wychall, scoring one goal.

The 35-year-old ex-Celtic and Bulgaria midfielder told the Birmingham Mail: "It's a good laugh and they're competitive games.

"It's just really nice to be out there playing a proper game."

"I've played 90 minutes and my fitness is improving but I need to be patient.

"As far as positions, you have to go where you're needed. Sometimes only 12 players are there."

"The one game, we were winning 2-0 and they had a different man marking me every 10 minutes.

"I do get asked for autographs and pictures after matches. I meet a lot of Villa fans and it is great to chat to them.

"I'll be there again on Sunday, but don't ask me who we're playing.

"The supporters have been great and I always had a positive attitude.

"Everything is fine, touch wood. There are only three months to go on tablets and I'm finished. I'm on steroids until January."

fantastic to hear he is doing well cheers
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:13 am

Great to hear!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Kick wrote:Great to hear!
That.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down