Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer

+3
McAgger
iftikhar
Red Alert
7 posters

Go down

Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer Empty Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer A6I-LuXCYAA3o7X

One of the true fighters and inspirational figures of UK who is still fighting for her son's death, Kevin, who was 15 at the time at Hillsborough.

now that she is so close to getting the justice, she's been diagnosed with terminal cancer Sad

She is a fighter, and I hope she fights this....and I really hope she is around to witness the justice when it happens finally

Back to top Go down

Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer Empty Re: Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 am

Only just read this.

Liverpoolecho:

Hillsborough mum Anne Williams still hoping for justice as she reveals cancer battle

COURAGEOUS Hillsborough mum Anne Williams has revealed she is suffering from terminal cancer.

Mrs Williams, 59, who has campaigned tirelessly for justice for more than two decades after losing 15-year-old son Kevin in 1989, has been unwell in recent months, only leaving hospital two days before the Independent Panel's report was released in September.

Supporters are already moving to try to get a new inquest into Kevin's death brought forward as soon as possible.

Anne, who was diagnosed with bowel cancer, will move to a hospice in Southport to be closer to family after being taken into hospital again on Wednesday following her absence from Monday's Commons Hillsborough debate.

She said: "I'm still getting my head around the whole thing.

"I don't want to know how long I've got because I just want to enjoy whatever time is left with my family and friends."

For many years before the breakthrough, that came following Andy Burnham's speech at the 20th Hillsborough anniversary memorial service, Anne was a constant force in trying to get to the real truth about the disaster.

She submitted three petitions – with a fourth now active – for a new inquest into Kevin's death to the Attorney General and took her case to the European Court of Human Rights.

Anne said: "I want to thank everyone who has helped me over all the years, the barristers and forensic pathologists who waived fees to enable me to get through the system as well as the people of Merseyside who believed in what I was trying to do when it felt like no-one else was listening.

"They supported me because they knew I was right and I'll be always be grateful for that.

"I'll keep on fighting – I've been doing it for long enough – but I'm not an idiot and know how serious this is.

"I did watch the debate from parliament this week and it was good to see things start to move forward - I just hope I get the chance to see justice for my Kevin and for the 96."

* Hillsborough - the long road to justice: the story so far (TIMELINE)

Anne was one of the six families involved in the formation of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign in 1998 and they have been handling her affairs again in recent times.

Sheila Coleman from the HJC said, "Anne contacted me on Thursday to tell me about her health and obviously I am devastated at the news.

"She has often sacrificed her own health for the cause and after fighting so hard for so long, it is vital she gets to see the truth and justice she deserves.

"The human toll of Hillsborough goes way beyond the 96 who died but having known and worked alongside Anne since 1990, I'm not writing her off.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/10/27/hillsborough-mum-anne-williams-still-hoping-for-justice-as-she-reveals-cancer-battle-100252-32113092/#ixzz2AU4aJLZQ

Heartbroken. Crying or Very sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer Empty Re: Anne Williams diagnosed with Terminal Cancer

Post by iftikhar Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:41 pm

I salute.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Sad news. But she is fighter, we all know it. It would take much more than cancer to stop her. I will pray to any entity out there to give her justice and help her fight through this cancer so she can find peace.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Sad RIP

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Oh man, i wish she saw the day the whole truth was revealed. a great advocate of justice for the lives lost, thanks anne for all your hard work. RIP.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Sad RIP. Aweful news
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:54 pm

A monumentally sad day for the club and community. It is heartening, at least, that she was able to attend the first memorial service after the truth came out.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 am

Mrs Anne Williams spent 24 years fighting for justice for her child. She inspired everybody in Liverpool (including Everton fans and later people all around the UK) about anything related to the 96 to get the truth out there. And the truth finally came out last year thanks to her amazing work. The amount of work and effort she put into the cause was simply extraordinary. Words are not enough to explain how insprirational she was as a human being. RIP Anne. You'll be missed. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:18 am

Don't have words to express my feelings. I salute.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 am

Hillsborough justice campaigner Anne Williams, who passed way in April this year, is to be honoured at Sunday's BBC Sports Personality of the Year ceremony.

The Helen Rollason Award will be accepted on her behalf by her daughter Sara, son Michael, and brother Danny, during the live show in Leeds on December 15.

The award is presented to someone who has shown outstanding achievement in the face of adversity.

Anne was a tireless campaigner for a new inquest for her son Kevin, who died at the Hillsborough disaster on April 15, 1989.

She fought for over 20 years, refusing to accept the coroner's findings in the controversial first inquest, and joined other victims' families in campaigning for a fresh inquest.

Anne became a key spokesperson in calling for successive governments to re-examine evidence and apply for a new inquest. Her perseverance, along with that of her fellow campaigners, prompted the creation of the Hillsborough Independent Panel, and her testimony and those of the witnesses she uncovered contributed towards new evidence the panel collated.

That led to the original verdicts being quashed by the High Court in December 2012, with new inquests ordered for all those who died at Hillsborough.

Anne's determination knew no bounds; continuing to campaign despite being diagnosed with terminal cancer. She passed away earlier this year leaving an amazing legacy, sadly she didn't live to see the new inquests which will begin next spring.

Following the announcement, Anne's daughter, Sara, said: "My mum embodied the very reason this award was created; strength, determination and passion.

"Her tireless campaigning was driven by the love she had for her son Kevin and her dedication to seeking a new inquest. If anyone triumphed over adversity, it's my mum."

The Helen Rollason Award is presented in memory of the BBC presenter who died in 1999 at the age of 43 after suffering from cancer and acknowledges outstanding achievement in the face of adversity.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/151186-bbc-award-to-honour-anne-williams

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:06 pm

:bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down