Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dimitar Berbatov Empty Dimitar Berbatov

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 17:41

So, the most technically gifted CF in world football is almost certain to leave United in May for a very minimal fee if not free.

His game is all based on touch and intelligence and not pace.

Picking him up on a free/minimal fee would a similar coup for anyteam like picking up Pirlo was for Juve.

I'll bump this thread in summer when we'll find out who that lucky team is. I have a feeling it'll be Inter.

Back to top Go down

Dimitar Berbatov Empty Re: Dimitar Berbatov

Post by Art Morte Mon 02 Apr 2012, 17:42

PSG
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Apr 2012, 17:53

Schweini wrote:So, the most technically gifted CF in world football is almost certain to leave United in May for a very minimal fee if not free.

Picking him up on a free/minimal fee would a similar coup for anyteam like picking up Pirlo was for Juve.

I'll bump this thread in summer when we'll find out who that lucky team is. I have a feeling it'll be Inter.

Your avatar would like a word with you :coffee:

But seriously i reckon he would thrive in a team based on passing and link up play he made a mistake leaving for Utd as thier style is dominated by wing play and it doesnt suit him at all.

Like to see Dortmund go for him if thier wage bill allows.

Goetze-Kagawa-Reus
Berbatov

:bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon 02 Apr 2012, 17:58

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Schweini wrote:So, the most technically gifted CF in world football is almost certain to leave United in May for a very minimal fee if not free.

Your avatar would like a word with you :coffee:

But seriously i reckon he would thrive in a team based on passing and link up play he made a mistake leaving for Utd as thier style is dominated by wing play and it doesnt suit him at all.

Like to see Dortmund go for him if thier wage bill allows.

Goetze-Kagawa-Reus
Berbatov

:bow:

That's it :bow:......

3rd most technically gifted though.......:coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon 02 Apr 2012, 18:01

You are disrespecting Robert Lewandgoatski. :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon 02 Apr 2012, 18:03

Gomez backup
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon 02 Apr 2012, 18:13

I'm seeing Serie A in his future. I wouldn't be surprised to see Inter and Juve battling it out for him in the summer. Neither team seem to have quite found their answer up front, and I think Berbatov could thrive with the service Pirlo could provide him.

I would actually be surprised to see him move to Dortmund. He doesn't really fit their transfer model. He's going to be 32, and has been somewhat transient in his career. They typically like to grow their own talent and trust in youth. I may eat my words (and I do think he could thrive in their system) but I doubt he will end up there. The only scenario where they might pull the trigger on this move is if they don't think Lewandowski can propel them to more success in Europe. If they make that a priority, Berbatov could be come a priority.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon 02 Apr 2012, 18:36

I want him to stay. Whenever he has been given a chance in the league, he has scored most of the time. 7 goals in 10 games, more than Suarez, who has played more minutes. He will never get the credit he deserves because of his style of play. Yes, he doesn't fit our current system, but he doesn't necessarily have to, he's still portrayed his class throughout. If I was in his shoes, I would leave definitely for two reasons: unfair treatment and first team football. Last season, he was barely looked at when the big games arrived, it just shows the faith and respect shown. This season, Hernandez is getting more minutes than him, after being generally poor. Finally, it would be better for him to leave and enjoy his final few seasons of football, unless he is determined to prove some of us wrong, even though he has done for a while. Just a shame that he's on his way out...

I can't see him staying in England, I reckon he'll go back to Germany or go to Italy, where his style will make him look even better, in my opinion. Serie A football isn't as pacey as the English league, and he'd fit straight in.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 02 Apr 2012, 18:41

II Capitano wrote:I want him to stay. Whenever he has been given a chance in the league, he has scored most of the time. 7 goals in 10 games, more than Suarez, who has played more minutes. He will never get the credit he deserves because of his style of play. Yes, he doesn't fit our current system, but he doesn't necessarily have to, he's still portrayed his class throughout. If I was in his shoes, I would leave definitely for two reasons: unfair treatment and first team football. Last season, he was barely looked at when the big games arrived, it just shows the faith and respect shown. This season, Hernandez is getting more minutes than him, after being generally poor. Finally, it would be better for him to leave and enjoy his final few seasons of football, unless he is determined to prove some of us wrong, even though he has done for a while. Just a shame that he's on his way out...

I can't see him staying in England, I reckon he'll go back to Germany or go to Italy, where his style will make him look even better, in my opinion. Serie A football isn't as pacey as the English league, and he'd fit straight in.

Agree with that hes so classy that he can make it work through his own individual ability despite the fact the system doesnt really fit someone of his style.

I just think how good this Spurs team would have been to watch with him instead of Adebayor :bow:

But having said that they probably couldn't have signed some of the players they have without the money they got for Berbatov.

Also i dont believe Dortmund would buy him either but its something i would like to see, their attack would be amazing to watch.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 18:44

Berbatov was shoe-in to join Liverpool in January of 2005, and then we drew Leverkusen in CL's knock out round and Bayer Leverkusen refused to sell :facepalm:

We dicked them 6-2 in aggregate, but why the hell had to draw them Sad

We ended up with Fernando Morientes instead as 2nd alternative

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon 02 Apr 2012, 18:54

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
II Capitano wrote:I want him to stay. Whenever he has been given a chance in the league, he has scored most of the time. 7 goals in 10 games, more than Suarez, who has played more minutes. He will never get the credit he deserves because of his style of play. Yes, he doesn't fit our current system, but he doesn't necessarily have to, he's still portrayed his class throughout. If I was in his shoes, I would leave definitely for two reasons: unfair treatment and first team football. Last season, he was barely looked at when the big games arrived, it just shows the faith and respect shown. This season, Hernandez is getting more minutes than him, after being generally poor. Finally, it would be better for him to leave and enjoy his final few seasons of football, unless he is determined to prove some of us wrong, even though he has done for a while. Just a shame that he's on his way out...

Agree with that hes so classy that he can make it work through his own individual ability despite the fact the system doesnt really fit someone of his style.

I just think how good this Spurs team would have been to watch with him instead of Adebayor :bow:

But having said that they probably couldn't have signed some of the players they have without the money they got for Berbatov.

Also i dont believe Dortmund would buy him either but its something i would like to see, their attack would be amazing to watch.

That's the difference between Tevez and Berbatov, it really does show you the fantastic attitude Berbatov has maintained throughout the past two seasons. Even when he was constantly used as a scapegoat. If there's one thing Berbatov can be blamed for, it's his inability to move the ball faster.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 02 Apr 2012, 19:00

OK... is the overrating of Berbatov over? :shisha:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon 02 Apr 2012, 19:15

Perfect Dortmund signing.

There, I said it.
He's like Lewandowski/Barrios, except better at everything.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 19:50

sportsczy wrote:OK... is the overrating of Berbatov over? :shisha:

i dont think you can, as far as talent and skill goes, this guy is at the top. but if you're assessing his performance, motivation, or effort then it's a completely different story.

him at dortmund would be crazy though
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:31

Disgraceful the way we've treated him. Ommiting him from the CL final last season was just.. :facepalm:

He is absolute class though, didn't complain or nothing. Whoever gets him will be lucky to have an outstanding striker.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:35

Berbatov is not the most technically gifted CF in world football.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:39

just a guess here, berbatov doesn't complain not because he has class but because he just doesn't give a shit Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:46

Why the utterly average Danny Welbeck (Danny Welshit) starts over Berbatov is a mystery to me to this day...
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon 02 Apr 2012, 20:48

because he is their youth product and united fans think he will become world class lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon 02 Apr 2012, 21:02

Danny Welbeck isn't average, far from it actually, and the reason he starts ahead of Hernandez and Berbatov is because he offers much more outside the box than those two. Problem with Hernandez this season is that essential attributes such as first touch have let him down immensely. With Berbatov, his slow, casual style is the reason for his downfall.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon 02 Apr 2012, 21:05

Benvenuto alla Juventus Smile

Welcome to Juve

llol Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 02 Apr 2012, 21:42

I would take him in a heartbeat at Anfield, but I doubt he'll move to the main rivals of Man Utd.

I think he'll end up t Anzhi and partner Eto'o
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkMead Mon 02 Apr 2012, 22:16

Russian team for the money
MarkMead
MarkMead
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon 02 Apr 2012, 23:25

I'd love him at ROMA!
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 00:23

I don't think Inter or Juve can afford him Sad remember FFP.

He might go to Anzhi or maybe some other Serie A team like Roma
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next