Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dimitar Berbatov - Page 3 Empty Re: Dimitar Berbatov

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:33 pm

jibers wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Berbatov isn't a good compliment for Rooney, he would excel in Rooney's role but not alongside him. Has nothing to do with system and to even say Welbeck does more than him is hideous.

Welbeck works harder and is more versaitel. The football we played at the start of the season is the style fergie was trying to impose. Berba is too lax and slows down counter attacks by taking too many touches. I always screamed at the tv everytime he got the ball. He would get the ball do a little twirl and and pass sideways. Welbeck can play on either wings and has better work rate. Our front 4 was stupidly fluid at the start and we didnt even have an out and out striker in the first 4 games. technically gifted means sod all. Having a decent first touch means sod all. FFS look at Park ffs. he has started 2 cl finals because of his work rate

Fergie wanted to do something but I honestly think he wanted Benzema and not Berbatov, but we cockblocked him.

Benzema instead of Berbatov and it's a different story.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Iceman wrote:Welbeck has the first touch of a serial rapist. That's all I'm saying on this issue here

Thats my line. :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:35 pm

II Capitano wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Berbatov isn't a good compliment for Rooney, he would excel in Rooney's role but not alongside him. Has nothing to do with system and to even say Welbeck does more than him is hideous.

Cool. So Welbeck's willingness and work ethic isn't better than Berbatov's? His touch, link-up play, and passing has nothing to do with anything? Don't speak about Manchester United when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Don't put Welbeck and Berbatov in the same sentence when uttering the words "touch", "passing" and "link up play" ever again.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:35 pm

II Capitano wrote:
Iceman wrote:Welbeck has the first touch of a serial rapist. That's all I'm saying on this issue here

Confusing Welbeck with Hernandez, oh dear. And you're being genuine as well.

I think Welbeck fits United better than Berbatov at the moment , but that doesn't make Welbeck's first touch any better. Seriously...the ball ends up being 5 meters away from him after he receives it. Just because Hernandez is worse doesn't make Welbeck any better...
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:37 pm

jibers wrote:
Adit wrote:What has d0nkey league dominating has to do with anything Laughing

The great Berbatov is suited for more technical and slow football and is ostracized there. Pipe down english Vagi fan,hardcore catalan NT fan he is Laughing

STFU you glory hunting shite. Indian posting about Spain and Madrid Laughing good one

BPL this. The same MAdrid that fans have been booing for playing counter attack? Give me a *bleep* break. Salgado, Laudrup and even my SPANISH MATES that ACTUALLY GO TO THE STADIUMS confirmed this. So sit on your false pedastel. Arse wipe

It's pathetic how you keep using someone's nationality to belittle his football knowledge. For all you know he knows more about football than you, so shut your trap.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
II Capitano wrote:

Cool. So Welbeck's willingness and work ethic isn't better than Berbatov's? His touch, link-up play, and passing has nothing to do with anything? Don't speak about Manchester United when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Don't put Welbeck and Berbatov in the same sentence when uttering the words "touch", "passing" and "link up play" ever again.

Obviously based on what they can both offer overall, when you disregard our system, then Berbatov comes out on top. However, being a better player overall, or scoring more goals, doesn't mean you should start. By touch, I mean first touch passing, early on in the season we were playing fluid football with Welbeck. Passing - Welbeck releases the ball earlier, which is essential when playing as a striker. On too many occasions, Berbatov dwells on the ball. And, link-up? I seriously doubt you watch Berbatov or Welbeck...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Iceman wrote:
II Capitano wrote:

Confusing Welbeck with Hernandez, oh dear. And you're being genuine as well.

I think Welbeck fits United better than Berbatov at the moment , but that doesn't make Welbeck's first touch any better. Seriously...the ball ends up being 5 meters away from him after he receives it. Just because Hernandez is worse doesn't make Welbeck any better...

Of course he does, but Adit's flawed logic suggests that players who are of high calibre should be starting week-in, week-out. Welbeck's touch really isn't as bad as you made it out to be...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:40 pm

II Capitano wrote:
I think your post essentially confirms that you know nothing regarding Manchester United - and your understanding of different systems is poor.

Welbeck's link-up play, hold-up play, control, and work rate is one of the main reasons that he is first-team. There's always a sense of urgency surrounding him, which speeds up our attacks. Being technically gifted doesn't mean you should start every game, it all depends on the system that the manager deploys. There are other attributes, which are essential. Determination, work rate, and commitment. Your flawed logic is somewhat commendable, ironically.

Thank you, once again, for confirming my notion, that you know nothing about Manchester United. Rooney plays behind the lone striker, he is a false 9. Whichever way you look at it - he is not a striker. So, your comment is irrelevant.

Berbatov is a lone striker, he has never been tested as a number 10, or anything similar for us. He is competing with Welbeck, and not Rooney... And your last point contradicts what you have said before. Just stop, and move onto something else, instead of debating a topic that you know little of.

You are tottaly cluless on your judgement.

Welbeck has better link up,ball control,hold up play than Drimiter berbatov? Laughing

I said berbatov is competing with Rooney who is a SS. I know Berba has played the CF role and scored many goals but that is not the best position of him. Look at his Tottenham days ,he likes to participate in build ups which is his main assets. Not saying he cant play a lone striker role but he is best suited for SS.

saying Berbatov is benched because welbeck is better is nothing surprising coming from a Redcafe smarty pants.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Adit wrote:
II Capitano wrote:
I think your post essentially confirms that you know nothing regarding Manchester United - and your understanding of different systems is poor.

Welbeck's link-up play, hold-up play, control, and work rate is one of the main reasons that he is first-team. There's always a sense of urgency surrounding him, which speeds up our attacks. Being technically gifted doesn't mean you should start every game, it all depends on the system that the manager deploys. There are other attributes, which are essential. Determination, work rate, and commitment. Your flawed logic is somewhat commendable, ironically.

Thank you, once again, for confirming my notion, that you know nothing about Manchester United. Rooney plays behind the lone striker, he is a false 9. Whichever way you look at it - he is not a striker. So, your comment is irrelevant.

Berbatov is a lone striker, he has never been tested as a number 10, or anything similar for us. He is competing with Welbeck, and not Rooney... And your last point contradicts what you have said before. Just stop, and move onto something else, instead of debating a topic that you know little of.

You are tottaly cluless on your judgement.

Welbeck has better link up,ball control,hold up play than Drimiter berbatov? Laughing

I said berbatov is competing with Rooney who is a SS. I know Berba has played the CF role and scored many goals but that is not the best position of him. Look at his Tottenham days ,he likes to participate in build ups which is his main assets. Not saying he cant play a lone striker role but he is best suited for SS.

saying Berbatov is benched because welbeck is better is nothing surprising coming from a Redcafe smarty pants.

No, I'm really not. In the future, start spelling easy words correctly, they make you look out to be clueless, not that your opinion doesn't anyway.

No, I didn't say that, I listed all the traits that make him a better fit. Collectively, they make Welbeck a better option to have than Berbatov - not once have I said Welbeck is the better overall player, or anything of that degree. In fact, most of the Manchester United fans share the same opinion. All that's lacking in Welbeck's game is goals. The fact that you're trying to make Fergie look like a fool emphasises your lack of knowledge. One thing you can criticise Fergie for is playing Giggs and Park in central midfield.

And I said he's not. Just because you think he's best there - doesn't mean Fergie does too. Fergie sees him as a lone striker, whilst he was first team two seasons ago, he dropped deep and did well, but he's a player that is suited to Serie A. The tempo is more ideal for him there.

Once again, where did I say that? Not only is this irony, but you're contradicting yourself again. I never said Welbeck was better, but he fits our system better. Nice try, though, trying to twist opinions.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 pm

II Capitano wrote:
No, I'm really not. In the future, start spelling easy words correctly, they make you look out to be clueless, not that your opinion doesn't anyway.

No, I didn't say that, I listed all the traits that make him a better fit. Collectively, they make Welbeck a better option to have than Berbatov - not once have I said Welbeck is the better overall player, or anything of that degree. In fact, most of the Manchester United fans share the same opinion. All that's lacking in Welbeck's game is goals. The fact that you're trying to make Fergie look like a fool emphasises your lack of knowledge. One thing you can criticise Fergie for is playing Giggs and Park in central midfield.

And I said he's not. Just because you think he's best there - doesn't mean Fergie does too. Fergie sees him as a lone striker, whilst he was first team two seasons ago, he dropped deep and did well, but he's a player that is suited to Serie A. The tempo is more ideal for him there.

Once again, where did I say that? Not only is this irony, but you're contradicting yourself again. I never said Welbeck was better, but he fits our system better. Nice try, though, trying to twist opinions.

First you says what makes welbeck special is his ball control,link up play , holding on the ball which are actually berbatovs bench marks to begin with so welbeck is starting because he has more work rate ? No it isnt.

Fergie subs Welbeck with Chicharito because as welbeck does Chiko also leads the line well and complements Rooney. As long as Rooney is on the field Barba isnt going to play.

Berbatov has more technique in his toe nail than welbeck has in his body and he will be starting if it wasnt for Rooney who plays 24 x 7 ..

Really? do you think a Berbatov cant play rooney role? A berbatov- Welbeck striking pair will not be vastly inferior to a Rooney-Welbeck pair.

Yeah and finally good luck jumping from one end to another.

First it was welbecks first touch,ball control ,hold up play etc that gave edge over berbatov now you took a u turn and admits berbatov is better at everything with ball.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Hilarious how Manyoo fans now talk about Berbatoc slowing down counters Laughing
what was my first post about berbatov not suited to counter attacking game again?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Adit wrote:
II Capitano wrote:

First you says what makes welbeck special is his ball control,link up play , holding on the ball which are actually berbatovs bench marks to begin with so welbeck is starting because he has more work rate ? No it isnt.

Fergie subs Welbeck with Chicharito because as welbeck does Chiko also leads the line well and complements Rooney. As long as Rooney is on the field Barba isnt going to play.

Berbatov has more technique in his toe nail than welbeck has in his body and he will be starting if it wasnt for Rooney who plays 24 x 7 ..

Really? do you think a Berbatov cant play rooney role? A berbatov- Welbeck striking pair will not be vastly inferior to a Rooney-Welbeck pair.

Yeah and finally good luck jumping from one end to another.

First it was welbecks first touch,ball control ,hold up play etc that gave edge over berbatov now you took a u turn and admits berbatov is better at everything with ball.

Thank you for confirming my notion. You're saying that I said this etc., but you're looking to troll. It's becoming tedious. And now, disregarding our club's name seems to be your way of trolling. I'm not going to engage, it's there for everyone to see. Contradiction after contradiction - I don't think I've ever debated with a member like you before. I don't even blame the people that set out on degradation against you, you're as childish as it gets. Enjoy trolling the rest of the members in this thread.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:17 pm

The quotes are there for every one to see.

You think Welbeck offers more than just goals than berbatov which is frankly hilarious.

Just because berba is in Manutd system doesnt make him inferior on ball control,hold up etc..nor does that make welbeck better either.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't understand how anyone can debate with you. Lol, it's genuinely laughable watching you trying to construct a post.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

It is not as hilarious as your 'Welbeck offers more than Berbatov' comment though.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Lol, keep trying. I suggest you watch Manchester United. You know a debate is over, when the person you are debating with (you) is trying his hardest to alter the complexion of the debate because he has been proved wrong. This is genuinely my last post to you on this thread. Unless someone else posts reasonably, then I will reply.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Adit wrote:It is not as hilarious as your 'Welbeck offers more than Berbatov' comment though.

Welbeck does though. More mobility, makes better runs, better commitment. He fits into our system currently alongside Rooney far better than Berbs does.

So in that sense, he does offer United more than Berbatov.

Berbatov has better close control, technique and goal scoring ability, but Welbeck will get all those with time and equal Berbatov...or even surpass it.

Don't sleep on Welbeck, kid is the real deal.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:37 pm

RED 80s. wrote:
Adit wrote:It is not as hilarious as your 'Welbeck offers more than Berbatov' comment though.

Welbeck does though. More mobility, makes better runs, better commitment. He fits into our system currently alongside Rooney far better than Berbs does.

Berbatov has better close control, technique and goal scoring ability, but Welbeck will get all those with time and equal Berbatov...or even surpass it.

Basically he isnt in competing with Berbatov.. Berba is a technical monster who can actually play the Rooney role with ease.

A Rooney-Berbatov will not work because both are very similar players. Which is why he keeps playing Welbeck and Chiko ahead of Berbatov.

He couldnt answer it but do you think a Berba-Welbeck will be vast inferior to Rooney-Welbeck?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Adit wrote:
RED 80s. wrote:

They're not though.. Only thing in common they have is that they tend to drop deep to get the ball.

Basically he isnt in competing with Berbatov.. Berba is a technical monster who can actually play the Rooney role with ease.

A Rooney-Berbatov will not work because both are very similar players. Which is why he keeps playing Welbeck and Chiko ahead of Berbatov.

He couldnt answer it but do you think a Berba-Welbeck will be vast inferior to Rooney-Welbeck?

To answer your last question: yes. Berbatov is far too languid in his playing style to fully compliment Welbeck.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 pm

RED 80s. wrote:
Adit wrote:
RED 80s. wrote:

They're not though.. Only thing in common they have is that they tend to drop deep to get the ball.

To answer your last question: yes. Berbatov is far too languid in his playing style to fully compliment Welbeck.
He isnt as lazy as you are making him out. Rooney only has a slightly better workrate than him. Welbeck and berbatov are vastly different players. To say Welbeck has edge because of his hold up play,ball control,link up play is nonsense to me..Those are the traits Berbatov is renowned for.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Do you actually watch Berbatov play? He is so lazy. Top quality player, but he expects the ball to him, he never works to get it back.

Rooney has a slightly better work rate than him? cmon now...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

The repeated use of the phrase "Offers more" implies that Welbecks overall game outside of scoring is superior to Berbatov's...that simply isn't the case. Any comparison between the two is overwhelmed by Berbatov's clear ascendancy in the fields in touch, passing,vision,close control,link up play, movement,and his transcendent understanding of the game.

These qualities however do not earn him the right to start as Welbeck superior workrate and his ability and willingness to provide width when neccessary as well as his quick relinquishing of the ball ensures that he is a better COMPLIMENT to Rooney.This, in turn, solidifies his starting spot.

It's as simple as that.

Also, nitpicking the gramatical errors of someone typing in a a foreign language, stay classy goallegacy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 pm

I've always stayed class, just ask RealGunner. I can actually make fair points, but to completely forget him calling me clueless sums you up really.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Sure, because his disagreement with your omnipotent judgement merited thinly veiled mockery of his "ability to construct a post"

This is a forum with a diverse international base not an English society perfect register structural cohesion and grammar is not required with every post

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Adit wrote:
RED 80s. wrote:

Berbatov couldn't play Rooney's role....please stop
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Sure, because his disagreement with your omnipotent judgement merited thinly veiled mockery of his "ability to construct a post"

This is a forum with a diverse international base not an English society perfect register structural cohesion and grammar is not required with every post

Well done, so next time he tries to call someone clueless - he should refrain from spelling the word wrong. That way, it makes his argument a little bit more valid.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next