Albiceleste
RealGunner
billionmillion
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

One question about Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: One question about Messi

Post by zarola Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 am

The Franchise wrote:I read it..but its funny how, in this particular situation it was poor defending..and yet, there is no situation, ever, where that sort of poor defending happens again.
'
sure, there are many examples of poor defending happening and long runs being made.

the problem I have with the clip in the OP is that the game is already 3-0 and all the defenders look lazy. When Messi was attempting long runs against Milan, the defenders were going all out and sprinting their hearts out, often resulting in fouls because Messi is too quick to keep up with lol.

zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:05 am

No, I meant in this game. Its funny how just for this one play the defending was poor. Yet, the rest of the game no Barca player was able to take advantage of that possibility.

Anyway, pointless debate. Messi is the best dribbler in the game, so lets leave it as that.

Yuri, half Maltese.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:06 am

Oh ok, whats the other if I may ask? and whos the man in your av?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 am

agree pointless debate lol pretty much "messi is a goat but not in this situation" vs "no messi is always a goat" . messi :bow:
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:To be frank, Ben Arfa is faster than Messi, so all he does his punting and running behind the ball, he does show nice control tho

Yep his close control is'nt as good as Messi's and tbh that video he doesnt show close control so perhaps it wasnt a good example but he was the only one i could think of other than Neymar that consistently runs past's many players at once.

Also his upbringing at La Masia was faultless i dont think that should be underestimated in ultimately making him into the player he is today.

I dont think even Neymar goes for stretches like Messi does, maybe that's just me. He is fast, but on the ball, even he needs space to get it on. Messi often starts his drives in a maze of players and creates instant panic, while Neymar is a stop and go type of player.

What does la masia has to do with this? His physical attributes are what they are, and that technique is his gift. His decision making is top notch if that's what you mean.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:24 am

He has VERY quick feet, like ronaldo, iniesta, etc. But hes the only one that has very good balance and the close control to do it. Why does xavi, pedro not have it? They don't have this combination. You either have quick feet, or you don't.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:18 am

Isn't Messi the player with most ball loses in the league?

So the midget dribbles > get cut off > ball goes wayward > Buscuit pressures to recollect (dives for it if needed)>ball given back to Messi...rinse-repeat until success.

Wooptie doo. For me a dribbler is someone like R9. One chance one kill. Creating shit from the most impossible and unlikely of situations. None of this 80% possession nonsense that inflates a player.

Look at his performance for Argentina in the Copa (besides the Costa Rica match).
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:23 am

Seppuku wrote:Isn't Messi the player with most ball loses in the league?

So the midget dribbles > get cut off > ball goes wayward > Buscuit pressures to recollect (dives for it if needed)>ball given back to Messi...rinse-repeat until success.

Wooptie doo. For me a dribbler is someone like R9. One chance one kill. Creating shit from the most impossible and unlikely of situations. None of this 80% possession nonsense that inflates a player.

Look at his performance for Argentina in the Copa (besides the Costa Rica match).

Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:25 am

lol do you even know that messi has more successful dribble in whole season, than ronaldo even try to attempt...

not to mention he is most successful dribbler in the world by far, so obviously
he will lose some ball..i think you need more lesson about football mate..
try next time..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:46 am

Beautiful Football wrote:

lol do you even know that messi has more successful dribble in whole season, than ronaldo even try to attempt...

try next time..

Since when did ronaldo come into this convo. And you said you didn't hate him?
:vagi:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:49 am

One question about Messi - Page 2 4669812732_5407c2534c_z
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 am

:bow: :lol!:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 am

RealGunner wrote:low centre of gravity + balance + acceleration + stamina

this is the answer, exactly what i was going to say, all other answers are irrelevant

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:06 am

Albiceleste wrote:He has such incredible ball control and dribbling that lets him run just about as fast as he does without the ball with it. He is by far the most dangerous player I've ever seen running at defenses, only players that I've seen that can compare are Ronaldinho and Kaka.

How about Baggio? He was pretty good at this I think.
R9 is up there too.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 am

Beautiful Football wrote:

try next time..

Ronaldo pre-injury 96-99 scored more solo goals than Messi scored in 2005-2012.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:13 am

billion it's a combination of many things amongst which have been named here already. His change of direction is very useful.

3:25 of this video, when he cuts into the middle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmvaxttq4s&t=3m25s

Look how fast he changed directions and held control of the ball. That was maybe the quickest

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:To be frank, Ben Arfa is faster than Messi, so all he does his punting and running behind the ball, he does show nice control tho

Yep his close control is'nt as good as Messi's and tbh that video he doesnt show close control so perhaps it wasnt a good example but he was the only one i could think of other than Neymar that consistently runs past's many players at once.

His goal against Blackburn in the cup was probably a better example......

None the less Messi does this because combines amazing close control with speed and a great football brain and great appreciator of space.

I'd argue theres players that can dribble aswell as Messi if not better but they dont combine so many factors into one to create what Messi is.

Also his upbringing at La Masia was faultless i dont think that should be underestimated in ultimately making him into the player he is today.

I hope you say R9 or Ronaldinho. Unless you wanna go back to dinosaur age and say pele, garrincha, etc.

just thought of Zidane. Though it depends what u define as dribbling.

Maradona deserves a shout but I think Messi is superior.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 am

No R9 could not make messi like runs. he has one famous goal, except than that i dont remember any his long runs. and if he did any he did it because of his lightning speed (same like Henry). Messi is different he does it as many said because of close control and touching skills i think

here is some of his argentina runs (for CR fanboys)

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 am

Confidence and ability. Little Genius.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 am

In Barca,Inter and PSV 35-40% of his goals were solo ones. Running through defenses, outpacing them.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:38 am

other players can do what he did in the first post. he just ran into space. but he also just ran into nowhere really. not in a position to assist other team mate. also barca were 3-0 up making him have zero pressure and i think the ref gave a fk at the end just because it was barca
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:44 am

andiii wrote:other players can do what he did in the first post. he just ran into space. but he also just ran into nowhere really. not in a position to assist other team mate. also barca were 3-0 up making him have zero pressure and i think the ref gave a fk at the end just because it was barca
what a stupid post. do you even watch messi? he ran nowhere? he scored hundred goals from that position (left side of box)

and which player can do it? (without relying on speed). stop talking out of your arse if you dont have any facts
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:48 am

Just funny some kids think messi runs so long because he is outpacing them. thats why i asked the question. he doesnt outpace them, maybe even some of defenders are faster than him. but how he goes so long with the ball. if pace was the reason then it would be easy to find out
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 am

Just thought i'd say this. I'm not a Messi fanboy but even i can admit that he does things that others can't. It's not all about outpacing his opponents because if that was true, we would see Walcott do this stuff on a regular basis.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 am

when messi dribbles its like hes got the ball on a string, pair that with his pace, quick feet and agility and thats what you get
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am

billionmillion wrote:Just funny some kids think messi runs so long because he is outpacing them. thats why i asked the question. he doesnt outpace them, maybe even some of defenders are faster than him. but how he goes so long with the ball. if pace was the reason then it would be easy to find out

A major is his close ball control, it's been touched upon already but he leaves no opening for defenders to make a successful, it's always a huge risk, tackling Messi.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next