Albiceleste
RealGunner
billionmillion
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

One question about Messi - Page 3 Empty Re: One question about Messi

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am

billionmillion wrote:Just funny some kids think messi runs so long because he is outpacing them. thats why i asked the question. he doesnt outpace them, maybe even some of defenders are faster than him. but how he goes so long with the ball. if pace was the reason then it would be easy to find out

A major is his close ball control, it's been touched upon already but he leaves no opening for defenders to make a successful, it's always a huge risk, tackling Messi.

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 pm

billionmillion wrote:
andiii wrote:other players can do what he did in the first post. he just ran into space. but he also just ran into nowhere really. not in a position to assist other team mate. also barca were 3-0 up making him have zero pressure and i think the ref gave a fk at the end just because it was barca
what a stupid post. do you even watch messi? he ran nowhere? he scored hundred goals from that position (left side of box)

and which player can do it? (without relying on speed). stop talking out of your arse if you dont have any facts
ran, you idiot. not runs. i mentioned the gif on the first page specifically unless you can't read
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:56 pm

i know it was "ran" you BS inter fan. read then think a little before posting. how he ran nowhere, he ran exactly where he can score a goal in that gif (thats why i told you he scored 100 goals from that side). once make a sensible comment instead of talking out of your hole
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:To be frank, Ben Arfa is faster than Messi, so all he does his punting and running behind the ball, he does show nice control tho

Yep his close control is'nt as good as Messi's and tbh that video he doesnt show close control so perhaps it wasnt a good example but he was the only one i could think of other than Neymar that consistently runs past's many players at once.

Also his upbringing at La Masia was faultless i dont think that should be underestimated in ultimately making him into the player he is today.

I dont think even Neymar goes for stretches like Messi does, maybe that's just me. He is fast, but on the ball, even he needs space to get it on. Messi often starts his drives in a maze of players and creates instant panic, while Neymar is a stop and go type of player.

What does la masia has to do with this? His physical attributes are what they are, and that technique is his gift. His decision making is top notch if that's what you mean.

I am of the opinion that technique is not what makes Messi the best, its mentality, decision making, having a side built around him and learning from so many legends from a very young age and the immaculate up bringing he had at La Masia......

All those things combined is what makes him the best in my view, if Messi was not brought up in La Masia and didnt learn from the likes of Guardiola, Xavi, Deco, Ronaldinho,Eto'o,Puyol etc etc he wouldnt be the player he is today.

I dont think the footballing upbringing he had should be ignored in making him the player he is today.

Put it this way i dont think on a pure technique level he is clearly above everyone in football today, its all these things combined which put him on top in my view.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Ok i see your point, but i think decision making and intelligence comes into play in his general game, the way he moves on the pitch and the choices he makes.

When it comes to slicing through 5 players like butter, it's pure skill, pure gift.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Cos in la liga your not allowed to touch him, non contact sport over there /troll
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Ok i see your point, but i think decision making and intelligence comes into play in his general game, the way he moves on the pitch and the choices he makes.

When it comes to slicing through 5 players like butter, it's pure skill, pure gift.

Indeed my point was his talent alone is not what makes him the best and i dont think on talent alone he is streets ahead of the competition.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:46 pm

billionmillion wrote:i know it was "ran" you BS inter fan. read then think a little before posting. how he ran nowhere, he ran exactly where he can score a goal in that gif (thats why i told you he scored 100 goals from that side). once make a sensible comment instead of talking out of your hole

you actually cannot read. i actually mean that. i said "nowhere really". that doesn't mean he ran into an area with zero chance of scoring. and oh i get it, no matter how many defenders there are, no matter where his team mates are. he will never ever be in a nowhere position because "he can score goals from there"

he was being pushed off to the side and almost would have had 4 defenders infront of him
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 pm

andiii wrote:other players can do what he did in the first post. he just ran into space. but he also just ran into nowhere really. not in a position to assist other team mate. also barca were 3-0 up making him have zero pressure and i think the ref gave a fk at the end just because it was barca

If it wasn't for that last defender, then messi would have been at the same position where he had already scored a goal in the same game. So no, he didn't just ran into nowhere :facepalm:

3:22

And barca got a freekick, not "just because it was barca" but because the defender handled the ball :facepalm:

Last edited by harhar11 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 pm

harhar I can't tell if this guy is serious. sad part is he probably is :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:27 pm

I bet that he is serious :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:04 pm

There is two different set of reasons to look at, internal and external.
Everyone has already talked about the former, ie his acceleration, control, awareness ect, all making up his "talent"

Then you have the external factors, ie perfect pitches, advanced equiptment (specially made boots to help with speed, control ect, very light ball), referee protection that limits the defenders options (forced to back off because they will get yellow/red card for diving in and missing the ball), and players no longer have man markers (partly due to ref protection) kicking them all the time. I remember messi being man marked once against greece in wc 2010 and he generally struggled to dribble past anyone even though the ref wouldnt allow anything really aggressive. Here is example of older stuff players played with:

(thats a big european cup game btw... Todays equivelent? hackney marshes maybe?

One question about Messi - Page 3 Boots_w250

or

One question about Messi - Page 3 Lionel-messi-f50i

which would you rather run in? hmm

One question about Messi - Page 3 Football_old

not as easy to control as a modern ball?

This isnt to detract from messi, he is a wonderful player and dribbler, but i think this stuff helps give perspective when comparing him to the likes of garrincha, best, maradona ect. I also have little doubt his dribbling is greatly helped by modern equiptment, pitches, and protection ect

and please any messi fanboys getting angry, calm down, this stuff is just facts and im just analysing all the factors that make his dribbling so dangerous
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:12 am

Only time i love CR fanboys is when Diego Armando Maradona comments.

To prove that maradona is better he searched all sites including youtube, facebook, google images, skysports, goal.com, en.wikipedia.com/history-of-football, adidas.com and etc.
Calm down dude nobody compared messi to past street players, it was just a question
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:15 am

Messi, I don't know how, but he can dribble at speeds a lot of professional players can't even control the ball. He can change direction quickly. Yes, low centre of gravity certainly helps, but the most important thing the little Argentine has is a talent that comes in a human being once every 50 years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:17 am

Only player in the world who can do so many runs in a season (and season is not finished yet). and he ends up with shooting. this is what i call creating danger out of nothing

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:52 am

billionmillion wrote:Only time i love CR fanboys is when Diego Armando Maradona comments.

To prove that maradona is better he searched all sites including youtube, facebook, google images, skysports, goal.com, en.wikipedia.com/history-of-football, adidas.com and etc.
Calm down dude nobody compared messi to past street players, it was just a question

Very Happy did i say maradona is better? my comment was not about maradona, i was trying to explain messi's dribbling because it "confuses" you. He has the combination of great talent + modern conditions to help it, can you understand that? im not critisising messi, im not calling someone else better, im just teaching you about messi :study:
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:There is two different set of reasons to look at, internal and external.
Everyone has already talked about the former, ie his acceleration, control, awareness ect, all making up his "talent"

Then you have the external factors, ie perfect pitches, advanced equiptment (specially made boots to help with speed, control ect, very light ball), referee protection that limits the defenders options (forced to back off because they will get yellow/red card for diving in and missing the ball), and players no longer have man markers (partly due to ref protection) kicking them all the time. I remember messi being man marked once against greece in wc 2010 and he generally struggled to dribble past anyone even though the ref wouldnt allow anything really aggressive. Here is example of older stuff players played with:

(thats a big european cup game btw... Todays equivelent? hackney marshes maybe?

One question about Messi - Page 3 Boots_w250

or

One question about Messi - Page 3 Lionel-messi-f50i

which would you rather run in? hmm

One question about Messi - Page 3 Football_old

not as easy to control as a modern ball?

This isnt to detract from messi, he is a wonderful player and dribbler, but i think this stuff helps give perspective when comparing him to the likes of garrincha, best, maradona ect. I also have little doubt his dribbling is greatly helped by modern equiptment, pitches, and protection ect

and please any messi fanboys getting angry, calm down, this stuff is just facts and im just analysing all the factors that make his dribbling so dangerous

:facepalm:

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:32 pm

HGH
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko