Great Leader Sprucenuce
che
Raptorgunner
Vibe
EarlyPrototype
guest7
13 posters

Go down

Is Andre Villas Boas overrated? Empty Is Andre Villas Boas overrated?

Post by guest7 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Di Matteo with exactly the same squad is doing better than him.

What does this say about Andre Villas Boas?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is Andre Villas Boas overrated? Empty Re: Is Andre Villas Boas overrated?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Not PL proven. :vagi:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I said this 10 times,when a manager tries to adapt a team to himself the team usually fails unless there are major changes on the team sheet.Di Matteo adapted himself to the squad and he is succeeding...Rafa tried possession football at Inter,failed.Leo turned us to our roots and played a defensive 4-3-1-2 and succeeded,although he experimented with a high line in our most important games and got destroyed.Gasperini...Should anything be said really.Ranieri went on a winning streak after he started playing defensive football again,unfortunately other rubbish decisions ruined him.

Them egos...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I dont think he is, Chelsea have been just lucky nothing else. AVB would have been a better choice in the long run, I believe if he had enouph time he would have made Chelsea a winning team again.

AVB in his first year had better record than Wenger did, what would have happened if we did not give Wenger enouph time?

Di Matteo has done nothing, its Terry who makes all the decisions anyways, all Di-Matteo does listen to Terry and lets the team do what they want.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:21 pm

avb didn't let terry manage the team so terry turned the team against him, that's pretty much it as far as i'm concerned lol
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:21 pm

What Vibe said, AVB tried to change too much too quickly without having the players to do so......

I still think he has great potential as a coach.

Also Di Matteo? the same Di Matteo who was taking WBA down before he was sacked and replace with Woy?

Come on lol, even Avram Grant was successful with Chelsea over a short term span.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Villas Boas has made some absolute blunders.

like trying to install a super strict military model in Chelsea.He treated some of the players like slaves.I know many top coaches does that but do Villas Boas has the same power? he overestimated himself.

Performance on the pitch was atrocious as well,i mean how the hell he managed to make chelsea defense look that bad? lol
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Vibe wrote:I said this 10 times,when a manager tries to adapt a team to himself the team usually fails unless there are major changes on the team sheet.Di Matteo adapted himself to the squad and he is succeeding...Rafa tried possession football at Inter,failed.Leo turned us to our roots and played a defensive 4-3-1-2 and succeeded,although he experimented with a high line in our most important games and got destroyed.Gasperini...Should anything be said really.Ranieri went on a winning streak after he started playing defensive football again,unfortunately other rubbish decisions ruined him.

Them egos...

This, Di Matteo isnt trying to revamp or to reinvent Chelsea, he puts the veteran guys out, and they play in the most pragmatic manner to get the W. I remember at some point AVB had kids like Mchearan and Romeu with Lukaku on the pitch lol

It's not his fault, their chairman is obsessed with the attacking style of barca, and he wanted Chelsea to play like that overnight. But AVB made a couple of mistakes for which he paid for. Those are expected from young coaches tho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I dont think he is, Chelsea have been just lucky nothing else. AVB would have been a better choice in the long run, I believe if he had enouph time he would have made Chelsea a winning team again.

AVB in his first year had better record than Wenger did, what would have happened if we did not give Wenger enouph time?

Di Matteo has done nothing, its Terry who makes all the decisions anyways, all Di-Matteo does listen to Terry and lets the team do what they want.
Can you confirm this idea you speak of? Do you have access to the dressing room? Got JT's phone number? Got contact with Di Matteo? I want to know, please.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Well, shouldn't a top manager be able to adapt to the players around him?

I mean if he can only do one thing (possession footy) then you're about as overrated as you can get. You need the best players to manage it properly.

I also think the whole argument "AVB tried to install youth" is wrong, from what I saw the only youth he used was Oriol, McEahran was ostracized, Lukaku is playing for the reserves despite that they had Torres as striker lol
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Se7en wrote:Well, shouldn't a top manager be able to adapt to the players around him?

I mean if he can only do one thing (possession footy) then you're about as overrated as you can get. You need the best players to manage it properly.

I also think the whole argument "AVB tried to install youth" is wrong, from what I saw the only youth he used was Oriol, McEahran was ostracized, Lukaku is playing for the reserves despite that they had Torres as striker lol
AVB was NAIVE. That is the bottom line.

........cuz Barrett said so! Cool
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 pm

che wrote:avb didn't let terry manage the team so terry turned the team against him, that's pretty much it as far as i'm concerned lol

agreed
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm

AVB shouldnt be lacking experience. He's been on the sidelines since he was 16.

I'm pretty positive the problem was that some players just ended up not liking to be bossed around by a guy around their age. Big egos.

If he picks a club with fairly young players he will probabbly have success. He's like a mixture between Mourinho and Pep.

I have high hopes.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 pm

I think it's simply wrong to compare Villas-Boas to Di Matteo this season. Personally I don't believe that Di Matteo has had much of an impact - or that any manager would have at the point where AVB was sacked - because Chelsea's Wheels of the Season were already in motion by the managerial change.

So what I'm saying is Di Matteo has merely become captain of a ship which course was already set until next season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Lost 2-4 against Dinamo Mosca today at home.
He has replaced Hulk when Zenit was losing 1-3 .. then Moscow scored the 1-4 Very Happy

Zenit fans have repeatedly interrupted the match ..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down