Onyx
urbaNRoots
The Franchise
Gil
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

AVB at Spurs

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Vote_lcap42%Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 10 ]
Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Vote_lcap25%Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Vote_lcap33%Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 24

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Empty Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal

Post by Gil Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:08 pm

He's obviously an egomaniac, stubborn & is a poor man manager( although his time at Porto says otherwise) but he's still up there with the likes of Benitez, Guardiola, Conte, Mourinho, Bielsa, Ancelotti, Low, Van Gaal etc in being one of the brightest tactical minds in our game today.

Provided they can keep their best players in Modric & Bale as well their other top players & he's given a decent amount of money to spend on players in the incoming transfer window they could legitimately challenge for the title next season in my opinion.

Then again they are Spuds ffs. Logic says it should all end in tears. Laughing

Last edited by Gil on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Empty Re: Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal

Post by Gil Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Imagine if they somehow sign the likes of Vertonghen, Sigurdsson & a top striker.

And scrubs like Dawson, Parker, Lennon are finally dropped for better players.

Jesus Christ.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Empty Re: Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Should leave the PL with their moronic press and ungrateful players who think they know more than 90% of coaches.

But no, they wouldnt challange for the title next season. Not good enough.

I also dont think they have the midfield to play the way he wants, minus Modric. The entire team is far too much intrested in playing in "straight lines".

At least they are young, energetic, fast and quick though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Modric is joining Real Madrid soon, van der Vaart looks like joining Schalke 04 soon, their only striker atm is Jermain freakin' Defoe and Vertonghen deal just has fallen through. Even if they sign Sigurdsson things are not looking bright for them. Said that Bale just signed a new contract.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Modric isnt going to Madrid lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Well he's leaving that's the point.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Bale's signed a new contract and Modric is likely to leave. In terms of AVB, Spurs will need to give him time to build his own style etc at the club. Top 4 would again be the target however I think.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:Should leave the PL with their moronic press and ungrateful players who think they know more than 90% of coaches.

Agreed.

I also dont think they have the midfield to play the way he wants, minus Modric. The entire team is far too much intrested in playing in "straight lines".

Not saying they would win the League just be in contention for it rather than finishing 20 points behind the Champions.

Sandro, Modric & Sigurdsson is an AVB esque-midfield mate. It's better than the Fernando, Moutinho & Guarin one he had at Porto anyway.

NEW NEW Bale
Modric Sandro Sigurdsson
Ekotto Vertonghen Kaboul Walker
Friedel?

If that bald headed **** Levy somehow works his magic yet again and signs two top forwards for them that would be a great team in my opinion.

All hypothetical I know but remember the current Spurs team went on something like a 14 game unbeaten streak last year which included 11 wins or something ridiculous like that despite the fact a complete moron was managing them.

PL is complete garbage now anyway. An average United team only lost the League on goal difference and were only a point away from finishing with 90 points. It's nowhere near as strong as it was 3 or 4 years ago.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:52 pm

VDV hasn't said he wants to leave.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 pm

why bench parker?

parker is the goat!
a player every team wants in it

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:21 pm

If he becomes the manager please support them Gil

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal PRAY
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:45 pm

AVB couldn't hack it with a infinitely better team/squad at Chelsea, why would he do better at Scum?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:47 pm

My thoughts?

I'm psyched. I've always liked the guy and the way he was treated at Chelsea was horrible. He can lead Spurs to great things. Levy, throw him some money and let him do wonders. Getting close to Sigurdsson now and if Modric and Bale stay...

Just need a top striker.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Gil wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Should leave the PL with their moronic press and ungrateful players who think they know more than 90% of coaches.

Agreed.

Not saying they would win the League just be in contention for it rather than finishing 20 points behind the Champions.

Sandro, Modric & Sigurdsson is an AVB esque-midfield mate. It's better than the Fernando, Moutinho & Guarin one he had at Porto anyway.

NEW NEW Bale
Modric Sandro Sigurdsson
Ekotto Vertonghen Kaboul Walker
Friedel?

If that bald headed **** Levy somehow works his magic yet again and signs two top forwards for them that would be a great team in my opinion.

All hypothetical I know but remember the current Spurs team went on something like a 14 game unbeaten streak last year which included 11 wins or something ridiculous like that despite the fact a complete moron was managing them.

PL is complete garbage now anyway. An average United team only lost the League on goal difference and were only a point away from finishing with 90 points. It's nowhere near as strong as it was 3 or 4 years ago.

I dont think that midfield is better at all. Fernando is much better both with and without the ball than Sandro. Modric is better than Joao, but not by that much. Guarin complemented the entire team much better because of his physique and ability to run into spaces. To me, that midfield is much better.

I get what your saying, but I seriously doubt they would win the league. Perhaps I agree they have a shot of being closer to the winners though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Disaster waiting to happen.....

....and I'm loving it! eco smile
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 am

there are so many reasons i want this to happen pleeeeeeeease let it come true
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 am

Gil wrote:He's obviously an egomaniac, stubborn & is a poor man manager( although his time at Porto says otherwise) but he's still up there with the likes of Benitez, Guardiola, Conte, Mourinho, Bielsa, Ancelotti, Low, Van Gaal etc in being one of the brightest tactical minds in our game today.

Provided they can keep their best players in Modric & Bale as well their other top players & he's given a decent amount of money to spend on players in the incoming transfer window they could legitimately challenge for the title next season in my opinion.

Then again they are Spuds ffs. Logic says it should all end in tears. Laughing

Honestly, NOTHING in his time at Chelsea suggests that at all. He played the same formation, with the same tactics, the same strategies, with the same players over, and over, and over again despite it getting us nowhere each and every time. His complete inability to change a game at all was borderline pathetic, his substitutions were laughable, and there were times it looked like he pulled Starting XI's out of a hat.

Will he go on to be one of the greats someday? Possibly. But I just don't see where this idea of him being some tactical savant comes from.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 am

Because funny enough, his entire career isnt defined by what he did at Chelsea. He did have a success time before that point where he showed fantastic tactical ability.

Chelsea and the PL isnt the be all and end all.

Go ask Porto's opponants in the Europa league about his tactics.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:31 am

The Franchise wrote:Because funny enough, his entire career isnt defined by what he did at Chelsea. He did have a success time before that point where he showed fantastic tactical ability.

Chelsea and the PL isnt the be all and end all.

Go ask Porto's opponants in the Europa league about his tactics.

Winning the Portuguese League with the team that usually wins it anyway hardly proves him to be a tactical mastermind. I agree his achievements in Portugal as well as in Europa were very impressive, but they're entirely different from managing in one of the top Leagues.

You can say he's proven in Portugal, but he won't be coaching in Portugal, now will he? He'll be in the Premier League, and his only test in the Premier League thus far has shown him to be gravely deficient in even the basic skills of a manager.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:38 am

I didnt say anything about the Portuguese league. But on that point, him and his team completely destroyed Benfica 5-0. Which team, even in the CL managed that?

That Porto team was fantastic, it doesnt matter what league they played in.

I didnt say anything about proven either, we were talking about his tactics. His tactics in the Europa league were fantastic and his tactics vs Benfica were the same.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am

The Franchise wrote:I didnt say anything about the Portuguese league. But on that point, him and his team completely destroyed Benfica 5-0. Which team, even in the CL managed that?

That Porto team was fantastic, it doesnt matter what league they played in.

I didnt say anything about proven either, we were talking about his tactics. His tactics in the Europa league were fantastic and his tactics vs Benfica were the same.

All I'm saying is:

being tactically good in Portugal ≠ being tactically good in England

When you make that step up, you're in a whole new ballpark. And so far, he hasn't shown any indication he can replicate his form in Portugal outside of it...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:11 am

Why do you keep saying Portugal, like thats the only place he was good tacticially?

For the third time, EUROPA LEAGUE.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:41 am

The Franchise wrote:Why do you keep saying Portugal, like thats the only place he was good tacticially?

Well the Europa League is not the most difficult competition out there, is it Dani? eco smile

Spoiler:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:43 am

Barrettinator wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Why do you keep saying Portugal, like thats the only place he was good tacticially?

Well the Europa League is not the most difficult competition out there, is it Dani? eco smile

Spoiler:

thats true, i mean any competition with liverpool in it..... Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Le_210
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:45 am

fatman123 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Spoiler:

thats true, i mean any competition with liverpool in it..... Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal Le_210
Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal EXACTLY

Last edited by Barrettinator on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next