DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League?

+34
Albiceleste
Wilson37
LeSwagg James
spanky
Guiltybystander
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
Gil
Grande_Milano
awalezelin
Lord Awesome
DeviAngel
Yuri Yukuv
Lex
The Franchise
izzy
gk77
Bear
TheBlueArmy
Jack Daniels
Sushi Master
Nishankly
Kick
gkamtu
the xcx
RED
El Chelsea Fuerte
EarlyPrototype
Blue
KMD
Seppuku
iNFINITY9910
Abramovich
The BoyWonder
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? Empty DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League?

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:25 pm

don't get me wrong. i am not trying to tease Chelsea fans here, (i won't gain nothing)...but Chelsea moving for Villas-Boas shows their desperateness for the CHampions League.

The past years Chelsea have become so close to winning the CL as one can get. I mean just look at the way they go out. semi final, semifinal, semifinal, final, losing out narrowly each time. IN 2008 final watching Terry miss the winning goal, and instead tripping down on the ground u just felt like it was God, or (someone similar with similar might) who made sure Terry slipped. It was just unbelieveable.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? Empty Re: DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League?

Post by Abramovich Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Sure, eventually.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? Empty Re: DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League?

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Some day... hopefully soon.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:33 pm

They were robbed in 08/09.

That year was theirs...
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:34 pm

london is cursed...

but really, they got a chance just need a lil luck!
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Next year. Cool
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:23 pm

If they appointed Boas just for the champions league then they clearly never thought it through. He has never played in it before lol and don't tell me he won the Europa League (poor mans CL) , but I still believe they will win it someday.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Give me the PL any day.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:don't get me wrong. i am not trying to tease Chelsea fans here, (i won't gain nothing)...but Chelsea moving for Villas-Boas shows their desperateness for the CHampions League.

Or maybe desperate for a good future squad??? If we were desperate for the CL we would have at least given the job to someone who has played/managed in the CL before...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:don't get me wrong. i am not trying to tease Chelsea fans here, (i won't gain nothing)...but Chelsea moving for Villas-Boas shows their desperateness for the CHampions League.

The past years Chelsea have become so close to winning the CL as one can get. I mean just look at the way they go out. semi final, semifinal, semifinal, final, losing out narrowly each time. IN 2008 final watching Terry miss the winning goal, and instead tripping down on the ground u just felt like it was God, or (someone similar with similar might) who made sure Terry slipped. It was just unbelieveable.

It was the Busby Babes looking down and making sure he slipped so we could complete a great 50th anniversary since their deaths.

Well that's how i look at it.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Yes, but when who knows...God Itl better be soon.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:01 pm

they can if platini retire to his career..imo
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Soon, patience is the key.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Next season is their only chance..

Cuz

THEN LIVERPOOL WILL BE BACK BABY!!!!!!!! bounce Afro :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 pm

If they overhaul their team, which they are currently doing right now... sure.

And if they have some sort of manager consistency. They should stick with Villa-Boas for a long time.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:44 pm

next 5 years? Maybe.

10 years? Probably.

20 years? God they should atleast.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Hopefully.. liverppol is better than City Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:If they appointed Boas just for the champions league then they clearly never thought it through. He has never played in it before lol and don't tell me he won the Europa League (poor mans CL) , but I still believe they will win it someday.

Um, AVB was Mourinho's assistant with chelsea and inter(for 1 year I believe), he has champions league experience....
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Ever since 2004 when we went out to Monaco we've always been knocked out by a eventual finalist.

If I'm honest I think our best time was the 07/08 + 08/09 seasons, when we lost the final and were 'unlucky' not to get to a second. Since then we've been convincingly beaten home and away by Inter and UTD, maybe in a few years.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gk77 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I believe Chelsea will win it in the next 5 years, they just need to get a few more really good players and have a coach that is kept for a few years.

gk77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:23 pm

TheBlueArmy wrote:
Um, AVB was Mourinho's assistant with chelsea and inter(for 1 year I believe), he has champions league experience....

Um, no he wasn't. He had a minor scouting role of the opposition.

Don't know where that 'assistant' thing came from.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:26 pm

izzy26 wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:

Um, no he wasn't. He had a minor scouting role of the opposition.

Don't know where that 'assistant' thing came from.

"Minor"?

lol he was head of the OOD (opposition something department) and was described as mou's eyes and ears

but the point is that he already knows a lot about every team in the PL, and teams in Italy (from his Inter time) and CL opponents. After all he was the one who researched all about their tactics, players, potential threats etc

his papers took 4 days to prepare, such was the detail

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

english_jewel wrote:
"Minor"?

lol he was head of the OOD (opposition something department) and was described as mou's eyes and ears

but the point is that he already knows a lot about every team in the PL, and teams in Italy (from his Inter time) and CL opponents. After all he was the one who researched all about their tactics, players, potential threats etc

his papers took 4 days to prepare, such was the detail

How does that change it from a minor role?

Did he scout young talent in other countries?
Did he have a role to work with youngsters?
Did he scout out recommended signings for Mourinho?

All he did was scout out the next opposition. That's MINOR.

A scout does way more than what he did, that's why his role was giving a specific title and not just A SCOUT, because he focused on one aspect of the role.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 pm

I am sorry, but scouting the opponent cannot be consider minor...its crucial...coaches must rely heavily on it.

Who cares about signing and youngsters...the games are more importantly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:I am sorry, but scouting the opponent cannot be consider minor...its crucial...coaches must rely heavily on it.

Who cares about signing and youngsters...the games are more importantly.

OMG!!!

I'm not saying what he did was not important or it didn't help.

All i'm saying was that it was a role that he only had to focus on one specific task. If he was also giving more tasks including scouting the opposition then he would of had a more crucial roe and probably seen as one of the head coaches under Mourinho.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next