DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League?

+34
Albiceleste
Wilson37
LeSwagg James
spanky
Guiltybystander
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
Gil
Grande_Milano
awalezelin
Lord Awesome
DeviAngel
Yuri Yukuv
Lex
The Franchise
izzy
gk77
Bear
TheBlueArmy
Jack Daniels
Sushi Master
Nishankly
Kick
gkamtu
the xcx
RED
El Chelsea Fuerte
EarlyPrototype
Blue
KMD
Seppuku
iNFINITY9910
Abramovich
The BoyWonder
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? - Page 2 Empty Re: DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League?

Post by izzy Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:I am sorry, but scouting the opponent cannot be consider minor...its crucial...coaches must rely heavily on it.

Who cares about signing and youngsters...the games are more importantly.

OMG!!!

I'm not saying what he did was not important or it didn't help.

All i'm saying was that it was a role that he only had to focus on one specific task. If he was also giving more tasks including scouting the opposition then he would of had a more crucial roe and probably seen as one of the head coaches under Mourinho.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? - Page 2 Empty Re: DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Calm down, I never said you did. But calling it minor was a bit of a disservice..all im saying.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 pm

I just love how being even remotely associated with Jose Mourinho = guaranteed success in the Champion's League
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:45 pm

No club from london will ever win it.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:45 pm

izzy26 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
"Minor"?

lol he was head of the OOD (opposition something department) and was described as mou's eyes and ears

but the point is that he already knows a lot about every team in the PL, and teams in Italy (from his Inter time) and CL opponents. After all he was the one who researched all about their tactics, players, potential threats etc

his papers took 4 days to prepare, such was the detail

How does that change it from a minor role?

Did he scout young talent in other countries?
Did he have a role to work with youngsters?
Did he scout out recommended signings for Mourinho?

All he did was scout out the next opposition. That's MINOR.

Why should he be given a role to scout youngsters? That doesn't even make any sense. Do you think the guys that scout young talents are given the game-to-game job like Villas had? No, because these are different positions and you do what you're good at.

And the whole point of this was to throw out the "he has no experience of big teams/leagues" crap, not to say he had a big role.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:No club from london will ever win it.
Really? Not even a thousand years from now? silent
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Maybe 999 years from now
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Lex wrote:I just love how being even remotely associated with Jose Mourinho = guaranteed success in the Champion's League

Erm no, the reason why people are suggesting he could be successful in the Cl is because of what he did at Porto. All a bit premature though.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gk77 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 pm

he only won the europa league and the portuguese title, as well as the portuguese cup, and those aren't the biggest competitions.

gk77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:56 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Why should he be given a role to scout youngsters? That doesn't even make any sense. Do you think the guys that scout young talents are given the game-to-game job like Villas had? No, because these are different positions and you do what you're good at.

And the whole point of this was to throw out the "he has no experience of big teams/leagues" crap, not to say he had a big role.

Ok, let me put it in a very basic way:

A SCOUT has many more jobs than just scouting opposition.

Boas was only told to scout the opposition, it is ONE of the roles a scout does but it does not mean his role was less important.

Last edited by izzy26 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:56 pm

gk77 wrote:he only won the europa league and the portuguese title, as well as the portuguese cup, and those aren't the biggest competitions.

Yep he only did the Treble.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm

izzy26 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

Ok, let me it in a very basic way:

A SCOUT has many more jobs than just scouting opposition.

Boas was only told to scout the opposition, it is ONE of the roles a scout does but it does not mean his role was less important.

I'm not getting your point...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gk77 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:02 pm

english_jewel wrote:
gk77 wrote:he only won the europa league and the portuguese title, as well as the portuguese cup, and those aren't the biggest competitions.

he did the Treble, which is really good, but it's not like he has a lot of experience in the champions league or like he has won the prem before...

gk77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:08 pm

gk77 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

he did the Treble, which is really good, but it's not like he has a lot of experience in the champions league or like he has won the prem before...

He has experience in the PL. Like I was saying before, his job here before was to give all the details to the players and staff about the opposing team and with that he surely learned about the game not just in England but in Europe overall. And he probably picked up a thing or two from Mou.

Last edited by english_jewel on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:09 pm

english_jewel wrote:

Fair enough.

Heres an example:

An MP of lets say Hackney, he is very important in the grand scheme of the Hackney area and the work he does is vital.
However, there are others who do simalar roles to him, but do it on a much bigger scale. Like the Prime Minster, really the same role as the MP of Hackney but his work focuses on a whole country not just a selected area, so the MPs role would be considered minor.

Do you see what i'm saying?

P.S. i'm not really good at examples, sorry.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:10 pm

izzy26 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

Fair enough.

Heres an example:

An MP of lets say Hackney, he is very important in the grand scheme of the Hackney area and the work he does is vital.
However, there are others who do simalar roles to him, but do it on a much bigger scale. Like the Prime Minster, really the same role as the MP of Hackney but his work focuses on a whole country not just a selected area, so the MPs role would be considered minor.

Do you see what i'm saying?

P.S. i'm not really good at examples, sorry.

So you're saying that Villas doesn't have the experience of managers in the bigger leagues but he does have some, and in that sense his role was minor? Fair enough.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:15 pm

english_jewel wrote:
So you're saying that Villas doesn't have the experience of managers in the bigger leagues but he does have some, and in that sense his role was minor? Fair enough.

Yeah. cheers
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm

I tihnk they will they just a lil more time
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Lex wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:No club from london will ever win it.
Really? Not even a thousand years from now? silent
I'd say it's just as probably as a club from Madrid winning it Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I like how everyone is comparing him to Mourinho.

How about we just wait, no?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:45 pm

after every other european clubs have win the cl,

then the chelsea turn will come up......
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:I like how everyone is comparing him to Mourinho.

I know. He has a completely different approach to Mourinho. Mou likes to defend, Villas likes to attack.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:05 pm

I think its every club's goal to stop them from doing it. Dont let money stolen from people to win it.

Chelsea represents the ultimate evil in fooball. I'd say there are on the same level as FIFA.

1) They spend money on players like crazy, break careers and violate transfer rules,

2) The owner is crook, yet British authorities let him operate. Double standards again. Same ol' Britain. Jump at FIFA for corruption, yet hiding criminals like Beresovskyy and let the likes of Abramovich use money-laundering in the 'pure from corruption' Saint Britannia.

You do not become a great club over night. Sheiks and Abramovich are trying to change nature's rules. Every big club was BIG before winning the greatest trophy of them all.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I think its every club's goal to stop them from doing it. Dont let money stolen from people to win it.

Chelsea represents the ultimate evil in fooball. I'd say there are on the same level as FIFA.

1) They spend money on players like crazy, break careers and violate transfer rules,

2) The owner is crook, yet British authorities let him operate. Double standards again. Same ol' Britain. Jump at FIFA for corruption, yet hiding criminals like Beresovskyy and let the likes of Abramovich use money-laundering in the 'pure from corruption' Saint Britannia.

You do not become a great club over night. Sheiks and Abramovich are trying to change nature's rules. Every big club was BIG before winning the greatest trophy of them all.

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? - Page 2 BeckCrying_1f6ab

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I think its every club's goal to stop them from doing it. Dont let money stolen from people to win it.

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? - Page 2 Wtf
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:15 pm

You forgot this.

DO you think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League? - Page 2 Trollface
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next