fatman123
Blue Barrett
Cassius
Babun
12 posters

Go down

Vertical Drogba appreciation thread Empty Vertical Drogba appreciation thread

Post by Babun Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 am

Vertical Drogba is one of the best strikers of this generation. The horizontal one often overshadows his performances but he is the real deal. I saw one too many hate threads about him and started this one eco smile
I hope he'll show up in the next CL leg and knocks out one of best sdies in history like a proper striker legend should. Don't disregard vertical Drogba, people, he is able to carry the offence on his own, a one man army of sorts or rich man's Ibrahimovic.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Vertical Drogba appreciation thread Empty Re: Vertical Drogba appreciation thread

Post by Cassius Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 am

I don't think anyone doubts Drogba on his day is unplayablez his height, pace, strength and determination are sensational but the 'hate' threads are justified.

If he pulls off another diving master class then yeah, maybe Chelsea can pull through but now I admit, I hope they don't. Drogba went over the top last night and IMO if they knock out Barca it will show the entire world diving and parking the plane really do pay off.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Vertical Drogba appreciation thread Empty Re: Vertical Drogba appreciation thread

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 am

Cassius_Case wrote:I don't think anyone doubts Drogba on his day is unplayablez his height, pace, strength and determination are sensational but the 'hate' threads are justified.

If he pulls off another diving master class then yeah, maybe Chelsea can pull through but now I admit, I hope they don't. Drogba went over the top last night and IMO if they knock out Barca it will show the entire world diving and parking the plane really do pay off.
Vertical Drogba appreciation thread Owned-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-515
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 am

Cassius_Case wrote:I don't think anyone doubts Drogba on his day is unplayablez his height, pace, strength and determination are sensational but the 'hate' threads are justified.

Edit: I take nothing away from Chelsea's excellent defending. They did well to keep Barca from scoring.. Even though Barca couldn't finish to save thier lives last night anyway lol
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 am

Barrettinator wrote:

Tell me what I said was wrong then?

*bleep* idiot.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:23 am

:bow: vertical drogba

makes you wonder why AVB started torres over him so much
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 am

Legend. Shows age has not affected him time and time again.

I am torn about Drogba, I want him to stay but he is holding Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku back.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 am

Don't think he's holding Torres back. Torres has had ample time to show his class imo...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 am

Kick wrote:Legend. Shows age has not affected him time and time again.

I am torn about Drogba, I want him to stay but he is holding Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku back.

torres is broken, theres nothing holding him back
the question is how can we play lukaku and sturridge in the first team if sturridge eventually moves to CF?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:07 am

It's not like he did much. He fought, feigned injuries constantly and scored a tap in. Good for him, but not a great game.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:10 am

free_cat wrote:It's not like he did much. He fought, feigned injuries constantly and scored a tap in. Good for him, but not a great game.

tap in? valdes got a touch on it before it went in
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 am

fatman123 wrote:
free_cat wrote:It's not like he did much. He fought, feigned injuries constantly and scored a tap in. Good for him, but not a great game.

tap in? valdes got a touch on it before it went in

And? If the GK touches it, it's no longer a tap in? Not taking anything from the guy, it has it's merit to score a tap in, we missed two (busquets and cesc).

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 am

and what Barca player are you talking about? Suspect
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:26 am

Soul wrote:

and what Barca player are you talking about? Suspect

Barça player? I'm talking about Drogba off course.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:38 am

what are you talking about ? drogba almost always got past his man, held up the ball reallly well , scored when it mattered most and in general terrorized barca's defense
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 am

Lord Hades wrote:what are you talking about ? drogba almost always got past his man, held up the ball reallly well , scored when it mattered most and in general terrorized barca's defense

Yes sure, Droba terrorized. :brickwall: Proof of that is 3 shots from Chelsea all the game long. He got past mascherano once to immediately lose the ball to Puyol. He had a good game, that's all.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:46 am

Better than any Barca player......
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:06 am

...and people wonder why why European referees are sceptical at giving Drogba any penalties. I would lol so hard if Drogba gets denied a genuine penalty claim in the Camp Nou (or the final-provided they get past Barca), that'll teach him not to cry "wolf" when they is none.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 am

Barrettinator wrote:

:lol!:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 am

So many haters... He shortened the minutes his team had to defend in dying minutes by roling around eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:34 pm

free_cat wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:what are you talking about ? drogba almost always got past his man, held up the ball reallly well , scored when it mattered most and in general terrorized barca's defense

Yes sure, Droba terrorized. :brickwall: Proof of that is 3 shots from Chelsea all the game long. He got past mascherano once to immediately lose the ball to Puyol. He had a good game, that's all.

lol , taking number of shots per game doesnt have a direct correlation with a player having a good game.. drogba was the lone striker mata was anonymous, ramires was concentrating more on defensive duties .. every time he got the ball he beat a barca player at least or two , held up the ball brilliantly and really made aerial duels their own ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:55 am

Lord Hades wrote:
free_cat wrote:

lol , taking number of shots per game doesnt have a direct correlation with a player having a good game.. drogba was the lone striker mata was anonymous, ramires was concentrating more on defensive duties .. every time he got the ball he beat a barca player at least or two , held up the ball brilliantly and really made aerial duels their own ..

This... Drogba was one of the best players on the pitch imo.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down