halamadrid2
izzy
Arquitecto
Die Borussen
huntsman
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madrid might have Di Maria but Barca has Guardiola  Empty Madrid might have Di Maria but Barca has Guardiola

Post by huntsman Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Behind every screw up in Madrid, there is a Di Maria, a 100% correct statement; but Barca balances this with Guardiola, one of the worst high profile managers ever.

Sometimes, when you're up by 2 goals, and when the opposition are down to 10 players, it might be time to stop attacking and preserve your energy and play on counters instead of exposing yourself.

I am saddened by this as i wanted Barca to qualify to the finals to meet Madrid which unfortunately wont happen because, behing every Madrid screw up, there is a Di Maria.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Madrid might have Di Maria but Barca has Guardiola  Empty Re: Madrid might have Di Maria but Barca has Guardiola

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:07 pm

pep overrated hmm seems legit

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Madrid might have Di Maria but Barca has Guardiola  Empty Re: Madrid might have Di Maria but Barca has Guardiola

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Huntman, the day you stop talking out of your ass is the day people will learn to respect you.

What a joke :facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Why the need for attention?

So pathetic.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Huntman, the day you stop talking out of your ass is the day people will learn to respect you.

What a joke :facepalm:

i respect him :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Cant wait for the day Kaka leaves our club, we will finally be rid of this giant asshole
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:11 pm

spot on. agree with this. he brings keita to save the match :facepalm:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm

GTFO huntsman seriously. Why do people here have to turn everything into Madrid vs Barca
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 pm

deadrave wrote:
i respect him :coffee:

We all figured. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:GTFO huntsman seriously. Why do people here have to turn everything into Madrid vs Barca
Why do people reply to Huntsman's nonsense? hmm

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 pm

wtf is wrong with you people? cant you see? i bet everything i have that even if one of the goal legacy members was there to coach barca instead of pep he would not do any worse

this was all pep's fault and not only today but both last games

so tell me again how is this joke of a thread ? the only wrong thing here is to bring di maria in the discussion just cause huntsman hate him :vagi:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 pm

You go and teach a squad of 23 players to always form perfect passing triangles.

To be fair to huntsman, I called Guardiola overrated 2 years ago, but that doesn't mean he's bad. He's only worse than people think. Maybe most of us wouldn't have subbed like he did, but we didn'T see the players train. You don't know his motivation.

Maybe the alternatives just sucked on the training grounds?

These kneejerky overreactions annoy me. Always thinking in terms of "best" and "worst", Pep can be both overrated, and still be good. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 pm

huntsman come back to Chelsea Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:You go and teach a squad of 23 players to always form perfect passing triangles.

To be fair to huntsman, I called Guardiola overrated 2 years ago, but that doesn't mean he's bad. He's only worse than people think. Maybe most of us wouldn't have subbed like he did, but we didn'T see the players train. You don't know his motivation.

These kneejerky overreactions annoy me. Always thinking in terms of "best" and "worst", Pep can be both overrated, and still be good. :coffee:

Explain to me how Pep is overrated?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Don't worry about Viva. He likes giving hipster opinions like this.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Explain to me how Pep is overrated?

Considered by many to be the best coach in the world.
I think he isn't. I think he is a good (great?) coach with one of the three best squads in the world, the combination of both making Barca as great as they are.

I don't think Barca would collapse if Pep was replaced, and I don't think he could turn Stoke City into Barcelona within a couple of seasons.

On the other hand I think if you replaced him with a bad coach, Barca would suffer.

Is that so ridiculous? To think that maybe he got a lot of credit for something that was "just" momentum?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm

billionmillion wrote:spot on. agree with this. he brings keita to save the match :facepalm:

Made sense for what we were really doing was playing high through balls like it's fkn fifa.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 pm

kiranr wrote:

In the sense that I had them before it was cool? :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:You go and teach a squad of 23 players to always form perfect passing triangles.

he didnt teach them that cruyff and rijkaard did he perfected it
good for him but that doesnt mean he is the best coach and crap like that

i agree he might be good in lot of things coaching requires but lets not forget he coaches barca ffs unproved elsewhere which also means if he goes in another team he will never a similar thing..

conclusion: plenty of coaches r better than pep and he is definetly not the best as MANY SAY which is one of the reasons huntsman also created the thread

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
I think he isn't. I think he is a good (great?) coach with one of the three best squads in the world, the combination of both making Barca as great as they are.

I don't think Barca would collapse if Pep was replaced, and I don't think he could turn Stoke City into Barcelona within a couple of seasons.

On the other hand I think if you replaced him with a bad coach, Barca would suffer.

Is that so ridiculous? To think that maybe he got a lot of credit for something that was "just" momentum?

Not many consider him the best coach in the world.

The momentum that you refer to was created by him. Barcelona were terrible in the final Rijkaard year and Pep came in and made the necessary changes and did great. You could see how his tactics evolved every season. He may have gotten it wrong this season, but in no way will Barcelona not suffer if he is replaced by a "good" coach.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

deadrave wrote:he didnt teach them that cruyff and rijkaard did he perfected it
good for him but that doesnt mean he is the best coach and crap like that

i agree he might be good in lot of things coaching requires but lets not forget he coaches barca ffs unproved elsewhere which also means if he goes in another team he will never a similar thing..

conclusion: plenty of coaches r better than pep and he is definetly not the best as MANY SAY which is one of the reasons huntsman also created the thread

Huntsman said he's crap. I disagreed. I agree that he's overrated, though.

So in conclusion I agree with none of you, because you can only see black and white. :coffee:

I would agree with that last post of yours, though. Yes, many coaches are better than Pep. I even think if we looked for them we could find coaches better than Mou. It's just that I dislike to deal in terms like "best" and "worst", because the differences are so slim at the very top. And Pep isn't a bad coach by any standard.

Edit: Just making clear I'm talking to deadrave

Last edited by VivaStPauli on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
kiranr wrote:

In the sense that I had them before it was cool? :coffee:

Igwe :king:

Have your fun, come Euros I will have reason to argue :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Explain to me how Pep is overrated?

You don't count the sheer development of each and everyone of his players development and their combinations with each other along with the intensive practice and near perfection into one art. Pep hasn't just used Cryuff's philosophy, he has refined it along with its blends of South American Creole football and some very impressive tactics of his tenure.

The myth that Guardiola succeeds mostly because of his world class squad has already been busted.

How did he possess the vision to let go of Deco and Ronaldinho who still had much within them and create the greatest midfield partnership of all time? Or play such football under a team with a finished cycle and lost momentum? How about his intelligent pressing system of the adaptability under situations? I can go on and on.

I personally feel you haven't closely followed his Barca enough to know what good manager he actually is.

I'll let more knowledgeable posters like Dani or Alex handle the rest.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm

kiranr wrote:Not many consider him the best coach in the world.

Maybe it's a German thing, but the press here rates him higher than Mou, maybe internationally that's not the case.

The momentum that you refer to was created by him. Barcelona were terrible in the final Rijkaard year and Pep came in and made the necessary changes and did great. You could see how his tactics evolved every season. He may have gotten it wrong this season, but in no way will Barcelona not suffer if he is replaced by a "good" coach.

That's evidence for Rijkaard screwing up, though. I technically don't even disagree with you, I think Pep is a good coach. Great, even. I just don't think that he's unique. I think he's replacable. What Barca do, they could still do if coached by Lucien Favre, Joachim Löw, maybe even AVB or f*cking Louis van Gaal, any coach who knows how to instill a good short-passing game.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 pm

the day will come and mou will be considered the best by everyone even butthurt barca fans
even viva

i will wait. mou will die before i do at least i hope so. until then we can just assume..

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next