Is Penaldo possibly the worst freekick taker ever?

+18
Baraa
BiasedMilanFan3
FennecFox7
Red Alert
Zealous
kiranr
Lord Awesome
CBarca
Tifoso Romanista
Patrick Bateman
Be/\/ceCALI
Lex
Albiceleste
pUsHa
billionmillion
Adrian0911
Potential
Cassius
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Penaldo possibly the worst freekick taker ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Penaldo possibly the worst freekick taker ever?

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:15 pm

paxtonpale wrote:Excuse for long distance here... Who cares just let him take it closer then and let Alonso or Ozil to take it long as they should be doing most of the time.

Stupid angles as in he takes it in a tight angle. We let alonso cross it in alot as well, him and ronaldo do what they want with the free kicks, and they can make some beautiful plays with them as well.

Del piero and pirlo are the only ones I can say safely are definitely better then ronaldo at fks.

Van persie has been quite bad at fks this season. Lampard scores a decent fk and now hes a goat?

Xavi is useless with fks if he's not close enough to the goal. He doesn't have enough power on them.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is Penaldo possibly the worst freekick taker ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Penaldo possibly the worst freekick taker ever?

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 pm

S. Larsson>>>>>>>>>>
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:When he hits em right they are such sweet shots, but..

He takes pretty much all of Madrid's direct FKs and he blows way too many. There are other players on RM who can surely take a good FK, no?

The thing is, while there are others who would've hit the target more often than him, I don't think there is any other RM player who is capable of scoring from FKs as often as he does - especially from longer distances. In terms of taking freekicks, I don't rate him as highly as greats like Juninho or Beckham, but I still think he's one of the better FK-takers, presently. I'm pretty good at taking freekicks myself, and I've often been annoyed by his inability to avoid the wall, or at least hit the target. However, I think most of you underestimate the difficulty of scoring from freekicks. I honestly think I would've made better use of the FKs that Real Madrid have gotten just outside of the box this season, than Ronaldo did. However, most of our FKs have been mid-to-long-range ones, and despite his poor shot to goal ratio, I can't think of any other active players who are more capable of scoring from those ranges than he is.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Scoring from free kicks shouldn't be a priority, other players should be given a chance.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Top 3 Worst freekick takers ever:
3 Fabio Grosso
2 John Terry
1 C.Ronaldo

I'm not gunna lie, like Thimmy said im pretty good (imho) at taking freekicks too, they just seem naturally easy to me so when i see Crynaldo not even trying to aim in the slightest and just put his boot through it i call it a hit and hope, which isnt really a technique 'great' freekick takers do.
Imo its about the right blend of power, accuracy and spin and being able to determine how much of each you need to put on from the position you are at. Not many players can do it properly these days i dont think..

But yeah back on topic, Ronaldo is awful at them. a few brilliant freekicks do not make up for his overall lack of skill at them.

Heck even certain CB's are known for being able to smash a ball from distance into the back of the net and no one considers them great at FK's so why should Ronaldo be known as 'one of the best'.

The list i wrote of players that are better than him at that aspect was done without any bias or 'hate' towards ronaldo. And to the guy that thinks Seb Larrson is worse at freekicks than Ronaldo :facepalm: < that is for you my friend.

Larrson >>>>>>>>>
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum