Albiceleste
Lex
Rebaño Sagrado
Onyx
LeSwagg James
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

No Major trophy = Stepping Down - Page 2 Empty Re: No Major trophy = Stepping Down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Omg Laughing It's been well known that Guardiola has wanted to take a break for about 3 years but He was persuaded by the players and the management not to. He also said in the press conference that he announced his decision to the the chairman since November but he thought that if he told the players they would get demotivated and wouldn't perform well. He then said that after they were out of two major trophies he thought it was the right time to tell them about it.

vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

No Major trophy = Stepping Down - Page 2 Empty Re: No Major trophy = Stepping Down

Post by che Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm

yes, thinks madrid fans are idiots = is a barca fan

jog on
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.

"Being a football manager is a stress free and easy job"

No Major trophy = Stepping Down - Page 2 3aafd463b694996a3fc54a7ab5ecc618
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:27 pm

che wrote:
Swagg wrote:

Plus I'm sure Mou feels more pressure at Madrid, Pep is a Barca legend.. They love him over there a lot more and would over-look more things because he is one of their own

lol what utter crap

mourinho could take a giant steaming pile of shit on a madrid kit and the majority of the fans would consider it a part of his master plan

No.. We love Mou (most of us at least) because he is actually competing on all fronts and challenging Barca.. If he didn't win anything last year, or this then I'm sure the people in Madrid would be asking for his head
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 pm

che wrote:yes, thinks madrid fans are idiots = is a barca fan

jog on

no, you saying stupid shit that doesnt make sense at all becouse bernabeu wanted him out a month ago before they realised how they were just kneejerking
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Sleep
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 pm

che wrote:
Swagg wrote:

Plus I'm sure Mou feels more pressure at Madrid, Pep is a Barca legend.. They love him over there a lot more and would over-look more things because he is one of their own

lol what utter crap

mourinho could take a giant steaming pile of shit on a madrid kit and the majority of the fans would consider it a part of his master plan

No, I agree...

Madrid is a oasis for any manager, Marca's relentless search for controversy is the equivalent of a daily sweedish massage in my opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic: Pep is stressed and he has poured his heart and soul into this club for much longer than 4 years, so I don't see why him taking a break means he's a coward.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Mourinho created most of the pressure around him because he decided to be a d*ck from day one, disrespecting and insulting people who disagreed with him, and stepping on the traditions our club usually stood for. Now he is hiding from the medias everyweek.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I am not talking about other coaches, i am only talking about this barcelona side. How good they have been, how consistent they have been, one of the greatest era of any club side, you can imagine the kind of work, scrutiny and pressure that goes with running that kind of side. He can be tired, he is also leaving because his relationship with Rosell is not good, and criticism from inside as well if you believe what journos say, but he is not running away from adversity.

I see what your saying.. But there have been many great sides of the past and I just never heard of something like this happening where a coach winning everything wants to leave because he needs a break, its pretty odd

I would of expected him to come back next year and try to get back to the top again..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 pm

How do we know this Tito guy isn't another Pep waiting to happen?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Swagg wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I am not talking about other coaches, i am only talking about this barcelona side. How good they have been, how consistent they have been, one of the greatest era of any club side, you can imagine the kind of work, scrutiny and pressure that goes with running that kind of side. He can be tired, he is also leaving because his relationship with Rosell is not good, and criticism from inside as well if you believe what journos say, but he is not running away from adversity.

I see what your saying.. But there have been many great sides of the past and I just never heard of something like this happening where a coach winning everything wants to leave because he needs a break, its pretty odd

I would of expected him to come back next year and try to get back to the top again..

Doesnt matter what other coaches do or did, Pep is leaving when he feels like he has contributed enough to this side. Like you said, he won a ridiculous number of trophies, he is free to do as he pleases. What you expect is not his reality.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Se7en wrote:
no, you saying stupid shit that doesnt make sense at all becouse bernabeu wanted him out a month ago before they realised how they were just kneejerking

yea, few hundred fans booing during one or two games totally evens out the thousands of worshippers

Le Samourai wrote:

No, I agree...

Madrid is a oasis for any manager, Marca's relentless search for controversy is the equivalent of a daily sweedish massage in my opinion.

compared to how marca treated pellegrini, yes, mourinho is getting a swedish massage, with a happy ending
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Swagg wrote:Pep meets adversity for the first time, and steps down the same year..

Coward?
you have no idea what you are talking about, so please STFU.

if this was the case then why did guardiola inform management in AUTUMN that he was stepping down?
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Pelle was given much more support by MARCA than Mou.

Marca was trying to get Mou fired while we were 7 points ahead in the league ffs , when does that ever happen?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Pep has been grooming Tito for the job all season and since they first began working together. Pep has been wanting to take a sabbatical for quite some time now so leaving has always been in the back of his mind.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 pm

everest1 wrote:
Swagg wrote:Pep meets adversity for the first time, and steps down the same year..

Coward?
you have no idea what you are talking about, so please STFU.

if this was the case then why did guardiola inform management in AUTUMN that he was stepping down?

I bet he informed the management when they were trailing us in the league and dropping points ...
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:45 pm

When I first heard the news I felt the same way, but after watched the press conference and hearing everything it really isn't the reason he is stepping down. That job is stressful as f.. remember he used to have hair? Razz

Anyways he seemed to be an amazing person and I think he had this planned for awhile, I have a feeling Tito will do alright. Much respect to Pep though :bow:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Obvious trolling attempt by OP is very very obvious.

Everybody knew he was taking a break lol, it's discussed in just about every Pep leaving Barca thread.

Yet Madrid fans keep thinking it's cause he's a coward or something...

:facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 pm

CBarca wrote:Obvious trolling attempt by OP is very very obvious.

Everybody knew he was taking a break lol, it's discussed in just about every Pep leaving Barca thread.

Yet Madrid fans keep thinking it's cause he's a coward or something...

:facepalm:

Taking a break... After realizing Madrid was on the come up and teams were slowly figuring out how to beat Barca

Rolling Eyes
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 pm

LOL bud if you want to think Pep is a coward go ahead and do whatever helps you sleep at night.

He's been talking about his sabbatical for quite a while, ever since he began his Barca coaching job he mentioned he wouldn't stay long, he only signs one year contracts, he's won everything there is to win with this Barca team, and he's been with them for 4 years.

But yes, it is because Pep is a coward.

Sigh....your funny :facepalm: :brickwall:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:01 pm

CBarca wrote:LOL bud if you want to think Pep is a coward go ahead and do whatever helps you sleep at night.

He's been talking about his sabbatical for quite a while, ever since he began his Barca coaching job he mentioned he wouldn't stay long, he only signs one year contracts, he's won everything there is to win with this Barca team, and he's been with them for 4 years.

Ok, maybe coward is a little strong of a word.. He just doesn't have the drive that other great coaches have I'll say that, he is not 'special'
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Perhaps he doesn't have the drive other coaches do.

It's a fair point.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Swagg wrote:
CBarca wrote:LOL bud if you want to think Pep is a coward go ahead and do whatever helps you sleep at night.

Ok, maybe coward is a little strong of a word.. He just doesn't have the drive that other great coaches have I'll say that, he is not 'special'

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
13 titles in 4 years, not special at all, may even be 14 too.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:06 pm

That's a terrible point to make.

How many coaches have won as much as he did in 4 years? just tell me how many?

most coaches are driven with the ambition of winning one of the trophies he has in double in his cabinet.

he won it all, repeatedly, some can barely get to CL second round, or havent won a trophy in years. Of course their drive would be different.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Pep wanted to win the competitions sure, but I don't think he really has much desire to go down as the best coach in history.

Say what you want but the desire to go down as the best can never ever be a bad thing in my opinion.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Milan31 wrote:
Swagg wrote:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
13 titles in 4 years, not special at all, may even be 14 too.

I stick by my comment.. He is not a special coach.. Just put into special circumstances (Messi+Iniesta+Xavi peaking etc)
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next