nasir6371
Sushi Master
Be/\/ceCALI
Die Borussen
Babun
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Özil World Class? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Özil World Class?

Post by juventus101 Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 am

I like Madrid more than Barca, and i have respect for them as there has always been mutual respect between Juve and Real, but im not a Madrid fan. Just clarifying.

Honestly, there is one obvious answer. Yes. Hes definitely world class, and the best in the world in his position as well. Hes an incredible player, one of the best in the entire world, plus hes only going to get better, so obviously world class, yes.

Last edited by juventus101 on Wed May 02, 2012 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total

juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed May 02, 2012 3:35 am

Essien_5 wrote:
huntsman wrote:
Essien_5 wrote:Considering his age, professionalism, performance for country and high demanding club (20+ assists every season) at 23 if that’s not world class than….messi and Ronaldo are they only world class players in the football everyone else is just O.K.

Long answer short bloody oath his world class

Real Madrid is an individualistic team, any person (not only player) can join madrid and make assists and since Madrid strikers are one of the best in the world that makes an assist no matter how bad it is a guaranteed one.

Even in his last two season at Werder Bremen he had 20 and 21 assists. Robinho, Sniejder, Robben, VDV, Guti, Canales,Cassano and Drenthe, these guys failed at madrid with the best strickers infront of them so no not any player can perform like him at Madrid

:lol!:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 02, 2012 6:41 am

huntsman wrote:
Swagg wrote:
huntsman wrote:He is alright, but not world class in my opinion.
He doesnt hold anything against an injured kaka and i am serious.

:facepalm:

An injured kaka has been much better than ozil and all of us saw it. Madrid fan's explanation to this phenomena is because kaka pushes ozil to play out of his comfort zone, cute no, lol?

The only one who saw it is you.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 10:23 am

HE'S NOT EPL-PROVEN

(best playmaker in the world imho*)

*disclaimer: meaning classic #10s
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 am

kiranr wrote:
I was joking Hispano. He is awesome.

But, Ozil is anything but slow and is the reason why Madrid's counter-attacks are so successful.

I actually instantly + repped you when I saw that "has to prove himself in serie A"-post, I actually laughed out loud at my screen ^^
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Ordinary speed? LOL, ozil is one of the fastest players in madrid..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 am

World class? well lets see : Best Germany player, Best Real Madrid player, Best AM in the world... yep he is world class.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 am

yeah
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 am

It's kind of a moot question, the only people who'll shit all over özil are free_cat and huntsman :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Thu May 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Mamad wrote:World class? well lets see : Best Germany player, Best Real Madrid player, Best AM in the world... yep he is world class.

Bastian schweinsteiger is by far the best german player. Don't you even dare to discuss this.

To the topic, my answer is simply YES. Ozil is a great player with the world class talent that belongs to a world class player. For me 1 of the 2 best classic playmakers of today's game, the other guy being Silva.
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 pm

eyeopener wrote:
Mamad wrote:World class? well lets see : Best Germany player, Best Real Madrid player, Best AM in the world... yep he is world class.

Bastian schweinsteiger is by far the best german player. Don't you even dare to discuss this.

To the topic, my answer is simply YES. Ozil is a great player with the world class talent that belongs to a world class player. For me 1 of the 2 best classic playmakers of today's game, the other guy being Silva.

Is Özil World Class? - Page 2 Me-gusta

EYES... OPENED
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu May 03, 2012 7:11 pm

off topic but just a question for you real madrid fans, does özil actually dominate games or does he just drift in and out of games? from what I have seen, its the latter but seeing as I dont watch alot of real madrid I am not certain and I am curious.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 pm

harhar11 wrote:off topic but just a question for you real madrid fans, does özil actually dominate games or does he just drift in and out of games? from what I have seen, its the latter but seeing as I dont watch alot of real madrid I am not certain and I am curious.
Özil learnt how to dominate games from deeper but Khedira and Alonso sit too deeply in big games so he is on his own and has to create somehow. Still, our most consistent big game player. With a control midfielder he'd dominate. Against mallorca or games where he was asked to support Xabi we instantly overtook the control of the game. In games we subbed him out we conceded late. he isn't a central midfielder and still learning his bit how to position himself but he is improving.

By the way, he played CM in last clasico:

Mest Ozil vs Barcelona:
10.9km covered
4 tackles (equal most in the game)
7 interceptions (most in the game)
3 key passes (most in the game)
26 passes@70%
7 crosses (most in the game)
2 long balls
1 through-ball
3 successful dribbles
and 49 touches on the ball (the most for Real Madrid)

Not too shabby for a newbie midfielder. All his life he's been playing SS, winger or AM. This year, he started to learn ACM/CM role.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 04, 2012 5:44 am

he's my second favorite player, and already proven himself with the WC performance/Werden/RM seasons.
However, he lacks the stamina sometimes. I'd see many games when he would be out of breath too often.

Maybe a little less effective in ELP, but still...truly a world class player.

Him+gotze = the future of Germany. Gotzil they called it
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 am

Mesut Ozil against Atheltic notched up his 17th assist in the LigaBBVA, equaling his tally from last season. He is now one assist shy of his total tally of 25 last season, bringing his total at Real Madrid C.F. to 49 assists in just two seasons and his career club total to 97 assists at just 23 years old

Real Madrid Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri May 04, 2012 9:25 am

eyeopener wrote:

Nope. Bastian is overrated. he is great but overrated. Ozil is outshining likes of Xavi and Iniesta and Bastian is no better than them.

Ozil isn't a classic playmaker lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 04, 2012 10:41 am

The Steiger is a very different player, and just as important. I wouldn't really say who's "better", but Özil still cannot control midfields like Schweinsteiger can. That's just lack of experience, though.

I mean we just had a very recent example putting them both head to head...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri May 04, 2012 11:01 am

Mamad wrote:

Nope. Bastian is overrated. he is great but overrated. Ozil is outshining likes of Xavi and Iniesta and Bastian is no better than them.

Bastian is a different player. But, awesome too. I find it hard to separate Ozil and Schweini in being the better one at what they do.

But the main point is that Ozil is not outshining Iniesta or Xavi. They are still the benchmark in operating the midfield as far as i am concerned.

Last edited by kiranr on Fri May 04, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 am

Mamad wrote:
eyeopener wrote:

Really? Outshining? What are you smoking...

Özil has had a better season but that's becouse both Iniesta and Xavi have been struggling with injuries this season.

And Bastian at controlling the midfield >>>>>

Re overrated, well that's your opinion, he is overrated by juventus101 but who isn't by him, but he certainly is a top 3 CM.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri May 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Se7en wrote:
Mamad wrote:
eyeopener wrote:

Özil has had a better season but that's becouse both Iniesta and Xavi have been struggling with injuries this season.

Re overrated, well that's your opinion, he is overrated by juventus101 but who isn't by him, but he certainly is a top 3 CM.
Se7en wrote:
Mamad wrote:
eyeopener wrote:

This season Ozil has been better than Xavi and Iniesta. in last two Clasico's at Camp Nou Ozil was motm. he is the best player of the Liga winners imo and i think saying he is outshining them as long as we talk about this season isn't wrong.

We are comparing players based on Controlling Midfield? then every world class CM is better than every world class AM i guess.

he said Bastian is the best German player by FAR. well thats overrating.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Bastian plays a somewhat different game than Ozil. I don't think it's fair to compare them CM vs. AMC. Take it, Kroos was in ozil's position when RM vs. Bayern in the semi finals. CM with the likes of Alonso, Xavi control the tempo, pace. AMC like Ozil makes runs into channels, and draw out defenders, as well as creating that last vital through passes.

But anyways, it's hard to say who's a better Germany player. Both of them has been immense in important games for country/club. If you take either out, I doubt that Germany would be where they were during the WC.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

For this year? Ozil > xavi. Close for iniesta
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Real without Ozil can't create any chance.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun May 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
harhar11 wrote:off topic but just a question for you real madrid fans, does özil actually dominate games or does he just drift in and out of games? from what I have seen, its the latter but seeing as I dont watch alot of real madrid I am not certain and I am curious.
Özil learnt how to dominate games from deeper but Khedira and Alonso sit too deeply in big games so he is on his own and has to create somehow. Still, our most consistent big game player. With a control midfielder he'd dominate. Against mallorca or games where he was asked to support Xabi we instantly overtook the control of the game. In games we subbed him out we conceded late. he isn't a central midfielder and still learning his bit how to position himself but he is improving.

By the way, he played CM in last clasico:

Mest Ozil vs Barcelona:
10.9km covered
4 tackles (equal most in the game)
7 interceptions (most in the game)
3 key passes (most in the game)
26 passes@70%
7 crosses (most in the game)
2 long balls
1 through-ball
3 successful dribbles
and 49 touches on the ball (the most for Real Madrid)

Not too shabby for a newbie midfielder. All his life he's been playing SS, winger or AM. This year, he started to learn ACM/CM role.

If you brought up his game against us as an example of him dominating a game then I think you chosed a wrong game because I didnt think that he was that impressive Laughing All I can remember from him in that game is a run and the assist for the 2nd goal from him. I thought he was worse than messi(for ex.), who most think was shit in that game.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 06, 2012 1:26 pm

He probably didn't dominate that one...less than average is bullshit.

But here are a couple he did dominate.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 pm

I have heard that people said that messi was shit/flopped in that game and imo he did more than özil, so saying that he was less than average is not that hard on özils performance..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next