Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:57 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18614647

Cardiff on the situation of Bellamy.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:36 pm

"But if Craig decides he is going to leave Liverpool and Liverpool are prepared to let him go, then clearly we'd love to talk to him."

Sounds more like it, a free transfer it would be. I think I rather let him go and promote Sterling to his role.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

I'll rather let Downing go and promote Sterling. Bellamy is the only "threat" we have from the wings. He is old, granted. But I'd much rather Sterling getting taught by Bellamy than I do with Downing.

On Sigurdson... personally feel he's a back-up target after Gaston Ramirez, and I don't think we'll sign Gaston. Hence Gylfi will be unveiled as a red. (My opinion.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:39 pm

http://www.twitplus.co.uk/t/aqu

Sigurdsson's father:“I have seen the stories that he is demanding a certain amount of money per week and they are rubbish. He just wants a normal salary and be on the same as other players at the club.The bottom line is he just wants to play and the main thing football-wise is to find the right team which will suit him the most.“It always helps when you know the coach like Brendan Rodgers. He is a very good trainer. But does that mean Liverpool? Maybe, maybe not. “He is thinking what is best to do and will have a decision by Sunday

Cant find any official link to the interview but it looks solid.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:13 pm

I've had a look around, and I think the quote is from earlier in the week, before Sigurdsson (supposedly) agreed terms with and subsequently had a medical at Tottenham.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:00 am

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/32883_former_liverpool_full-back_fabio_aurelio_out_for_six_months.html

Aurelio out for 6 months with a knee injury Sad
I know he's not our player anymore, but I'm really sad to hear this. Get well soon Fabio.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 am

It's time for him to retire. It might sound harsh, but given his injury record and this latest problem, it's probably in his best interest to call it quits and move into coaching or management.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:29 am

Apparently looking at Dempsey.

Hope not.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:36 am

If we're set on going after a mid/low price CAM/WF (as in someone cheaper than Gaston Ramirez, Luuk de Jong, etc) I'd rather we go for Dempsey than the likes of Mark Davies. That said, I don't think Dempsey is the type of player we really need. Hopefully the club are looking for players more suited to a wide role, rather than a central one.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:14 am

RedOranje wrote:I've had a look around, and I think the quote is from earlier in the week, before Sigurdsson (supposedly) agreed terms with and subsequently had a medical at Tottenham.

His dad addressed the wages part though. There was no outrage about his wages until Spurs jumped in which was 2-3 days ago.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Carroll and Hendo are in Ibiza, Stevie G’s in Vegas! #LFCholidaywatch

Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:04 pm

A lot of rumors surfacing about Hugo Lloris coming in place of Reina. . . then again nothing concrete & nothing much to look into Sad

Edit: wouldn't want this to come true . . . Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:58 am

Reina won't leave.

No chance of Reina leaving though. None. If he wanted to leave, he would of left under Roy or Kenny. He loves the club and has stated he can't wait to work with Rodgers.

[quote="RedOranje"]If we're set on going after a mid/low price CAM/WF (as in someone cheaper than Gaston Ramirez, Luuk de Jong, etc) I'd rather we go for Dempsey than the likes of Mark Davies. That said, I don't think Dempsey is the type of player we really need. Hopefully the club are looking for players more suited to a wide role, rather than a central one.[/quote]

He's 29 now and will want 60k+ wages... he'll have to compete with Gerrard, Shelvey and perhaps even Gylfi. He wouldn't suit the style Rodgers will implement also imo. Also have high hopes that Suso will start to break into the first team through the Europa League.

We also shouldn't sign players because they're in form in their latter years. There's no guarantee they'll bring that form to us and there's no resale cost as not many clubs sign players over 30 years old.

Think we're in for Mark Davies to replace Spearing but I'm patiently waiting for wingers to sign. With Bellamy rumoured out, we only have Downing and Sterling. (Maxi is more of an inside forward. Bellamy is also, but he atleast whips balls into the box, can't think of too many times Maxi has.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:17 am

Mark Davies plays too far forward to fill the role Spearing plays for the team. Yes, Spearing isn't at his best as a DM but that's where he generally plays when he does so and Davies is really even more of a CAM rather than a CM, much less a defensive player.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:20 am

Spearing is a much better CM than a DM though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:21 am

My thoughts about the current squad.

GK:- Reina, Doni, Jones. Check

RB:- Glen, Kelly, Flanagan. Check

CB:- Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Carra, Wisdom. Another CB maybe. hmm

LB:- Enrique, Robinson. LB/Agger

DM:- Lucas, Spearing. Not sure if backup is good enough.

CM/AM:- Gerrard, Henderson, Jonjo, Adam, Aquilani. No idea about this.

RW/RF:- Suarez, Maxi, Bellamy,Cole. Check

LW/LF:- Downing. One more winger to cover Kuyt's contribution.

ST:- Carroll. Another ST.

My check list -
High Priority - ST,LW.
Medium - CB,LB,AM
Low - DM

Players wanted, Optimistic Razz

ST - Cavani
LW- Reus
AM- Moutinho
LB- Vargas

Realistic

ST- Luuk De Jong
LW- Sinclair/ Moses
AM- Ramirez
LB- Vargas.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:41 am

I think we need a DM before another LB, honestly. Enrique showed some form there early in the season, and Johnson has shown he can do well on that side if need be.

I know Spearing is a CM, and acknowledged as much in my previous post. I simply pointed out that his role in the squad is basically as back-up DM to Lucas. As such, if we're looking to replace him, it should be with someone more suited to that role than a more advanced one. Why persist with the same problem?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:51 am

@ Nishank: Certain I saw that post on RAWK. Was that you or did you steal the post? Wink

ST - Cavani
LW- Reus
AM- Moutinho
LB- Vargas

Realistic

ST- Luuk De Jong
LW- Sinclair/ Moses
AM- Ramirez
LB- Vargas.

We're not going to sign Cavani. The best time to sign him was last summer under Kenny but even then it was unrealistic. He won't come to us.

Reus just signed for Dortmund. It's the reason they let Kagawa go.

Moutinho. Don't think it's too unrealistic. We can sign him. It's just are we willing to negotiate with Porto...

Vargas. More of a winger, no? He'd be a great addition but can't see him signing for us, unfortunately. Still have a chance though, so it's not unrealistic. Fiorentina had a poor season and Jovetic look's like he wants out so wouldn't be suprised if players want to leave them. (You have Vargas twice.)

Luuk De Jong. I'll be honest, havn't seen him much nor have I seen him being linked with us since the departure of Kenny.

We can't sign Sinclair as we have a deal that we cannot sign a player from Swansea for 12 months. Rules out the Joe Allen dream. Sad

Ramirez. Only way he'll come if he wants to actually play football and doesn't accept the cash that will be thrown at him for City.

RedOranje wrote:I think we need a DM before another LB, honestly. Enrique showed some form there early in the season, and Johnson has shown he can do well on that side if need be.

I agree. DM > LB. We need a winger though. Our spine is fine. I've must of posted it 100 times and I'll say it again.

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard X
Suarez ------------ X
X

Suarez may even play striker so we need another winger on top of that.
We have no depth in the DM area and the lack of quality on the wings are killing us.

A back-up DM, 2 wingers (1 quality, other squad player) and a back-up striker is needed this window imo.

RedOrange wrote:I know Spearing is a CM, and acknowledged as much in my previous post. I simply pointed out that his role in the squad is basically as back-up DM to Lucas. As such, if we're looking to replace him, it should be with someone more suited to that role than a more advanced one. Why persist with the same problem?

Mark Davies will replace Spearing as a CM is what I meant. (If we are actually in for him.) I'm hoping we sign a whole different player for the DM duties.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:40 am

I rate Henderson above Davies, so I still don't see it being a necessary signing. Even if it's for depth it only makes sense if Shelvey goes out on loan.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:45 am

I agree with most of what you have there ynwa, only difference is that I think we need a starting striker not a back-up. Carroll will never be a 20-goal-a-season ST, he's not mobile enough to get himself into those types of positions and be a threat consistently. Hopefully Carroll improves for the upcoming season, but we're still going to need another class ST. I'm not saying we should spend 20+ mill on a world class ST, in fact I prefer if we signed someone foreign, unknown, young, and cheap (Pukki Very Happy ). We only have Suarez and Carroll up top, if one of them gets injured or loses form (Carroll) it'll be nice to have a capable replacement and not another N'Gog.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:51 am

Also about these CM/AM's we're being linked to, I really hope that none of it is true. I much rather we groom Shelvy, Hendo, Suso, and Teixeira into those CM/AM positions. Even the DM position I think we should give Coady a chance, instead of getting another back-up.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:33 am

@ynwa i stole the idea Razz,But the optimistic part and realistic part are mine Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 am

Latest interview, Rodgers said that he wanted to tie up Suarez's new contract and he thinks 3-4 players are needed.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Rodgers:

He said: "I'm looking forward to bringing in three or four players that can really affect the group. The reality is there are very few players who can come and make a difference to Liverpool.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:12 pm

RedOranje wrote:I rate Henderson above Davies, so I still don't see it being a necessary signing. Even if it's for depth it only makes sense if Shelvey goes out on loan.
I agree. Davies only makes sense if Shelvey leaves on loan. If Shelvey and Davies are in the squad, I'd play Shelvey ahead of Davies every day of the week and twice on Sunday. THis had to be a case of 2+2=5 from the media. We are losing out on Sigurdsson; rumor has it we want to bolter midfield; Davies had an okay season and would be available for cheap. Brilliant! In reality, we're more likely to get a more defensive CM and attacking wingers.

As for Reina, there's no way he's leaving. Even if he wanted out, he wouldn't be going to Milan. They're hard up for cash atm, and we would at least want enough to cover his replacement. However, if we were going to be replacing Reina, Lloris would actually be my first choice. Good keeper, good leadership, knows how to organize a defense. He might actually do a better job than Reina the past few seasons. (He really hasn't been great under Woy or Kenny. There were far too many errors for my liking.) It's immaterial though, because Reina isn't going anywhere.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:00 am

Want away Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani is set to return to Melwood for pre-season training, according to his agent Franco Zavaglia.

“At the moment Aquilani is a Liverpool player and will certainly start pre-season training with them, then we’ll see what happens.

The new manager will decide whether to keep him or not. I don’t think he’s coming back to Italy, he has no preference, but this time I hope Liverpool can tell us in time if he’s not part of their plans so we can find him the right club.”
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next