Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III Empty Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:36 am

Previous:
Thread I: http://www.goallegacy.net/t29800-summer-transfer-window-2013
Thread II: http://www.goallegacy.net/t31558-summer-transfer-window-2013-ptii

Last post:
RedOranje wrote:First and foremost, I'd like to apologise to something-red, as I feel my response was unduly aggressive and biting. Just tired of the constant negativity... when we aren't in for a target its the wrong choice, when we DO pursue a target its the wrong choice, if we sign a player we've overpaid, if we don't we should have offered more... every single move is met with complaints and criticism by someone and it gets damned old. But that doesn't excuse my response, so sorry about that.

That said:
I know most LFC fans love to move to the default complaint that the owners won't allow cash to be spent and/or Ayre screwed up, but I think if you look at the move as a whole a different picture emerges. I'd say the evidence points at our bid for Willian being an opportunistic move on a player we hadn't expected to be available. As such a value that we felt was acceptable for a player that hadn't been an initial part of our summer plans (not one of the three options lined up for the role/position) and when Spurs went over that we didn't get involved in a bidding war. Spurs have a £90+m budget they've been playing with this summer from the coming Bale sale alone, plus whatever Levy is willing to put in and the money they didn't spend last summer (when, if memory serves, they actually broke even). As such it's not a matter of LFC not being able/willing to spend, but of the club not being able/willing to spend as much as a club going on a Chelsea-esque spree at the moment. We clearly have a minimum of £25-30m available to spend, it's simply a matter of being up against the CL runners-up, 3rd party ownership, CL footy and settled lifestyles, and a free-spending club. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world and not the end of our summer. We've done solid business so far and again, have a solid bit of money available to yet spend, should Rodgers and his committee decide there is a player worth it.

Much as Barrett's reports are generally accurate, I think he's being rather simplistic in his analysis there. He's not taking into account the 3rd party ownership or fact that Dortmund where our competition for Mkhitaryan, nor is he mentioning that it wasn't the bid for Diego Costa that was the issue... it was the players' desire to stay where he was settled. While Willian does appear to be down to money, I've already stated why I don't think that's necessarily representative of our real financial position already. It was an opportunistic move that didn't pan out... so we weren't interested in pushing the boat out for a player that hadn't even originally been considered as part of the summer plans. Clearly though, that is my own interpretation of the situation with the information that is available, so there's certainly the possibility that it's inaccurate to some degree. Jovetic wanted CL football and ended up signing for Man City... I'm not sure what fans/Barrett expected from FSG but they were never likely to be offering the type of wages necessary to sway a player in that position unless you took their words absolutely, to-the-letter literally. I think it's a bit telling that many Roma fans seem to think that Lamela isn't worth the £30m being quoted as well... though only time will tell how that pans out.

All of that said, I rather doubt our transfer window is over. As we entered the summer Rodgers stated that he wanted three viable options for each position he wanted to address and so far we've tried for Mkhitaryan and Costa (with Willian being an unplanned opportunistic move, by my reasoning) so I expect there will be at least one more option they'll look to sign before they're out of targets. It could be Eriksen, it could be Turan, it could be some player no-one's even considered yet. But I do think they have at least one more they'll consider going after for that attacking place. Being third choice, though, they may value him at a lower price than the others... which could be the stumbling block.

Also, with Coates's injury I wouldn't be at all surprised if we moved for a young CB again (Ilori or another). Ilori is still refusing to sign a new deal or renew on his expiring contract, so his club may be forced to lower his price.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III Empty Summer Transfer Temp

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 am

Fahim89 wrote:The full article. . . of Barrett

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III BSIz6kTCAAEypr1
so that say we have sell to buy that old story, we only had one season in 2010-11 were we just bought with hardy any sell to buy from 2010 to now we all ways work on sell to buy, so nothing to see there

Rodgers cry that he can not find good player with out over spend, guess what Benítez did it very well,

name in football means a lot, just look at Arsène Wenger 7 or so years ago every player what to play for him, his name has taken a beating now most young talents & very good player wont come any more

Rodgers name in football is big the Championship & that it, there is load of player not top 3 Premier League players but easy top 4 & cheap as well.

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:22 am

FSG put themselves in the toughest possible position in this window this late.

Buy someone now and if they turn out bad then all the fans will be saying it was a panic buy. The the board is incompetent etc etc.

Buy no one now, and the fans will go ballistic and FSG has to face that warth.

It's a catch 22, unless whoever they purchase turns into some sort of messiah. Which at the end of the day is what we all are hoping for.

But this could definitely have been avoided.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:27 am

It's not as though they simply put off bidding for players though, so it's not really their fault. They backed Rodgers when he wanted Mkhitaryan. 3rd party ownership and Dortmund's interest ended our chances. They backed Rodgers when he wanted Diego Costa... meeting his buy-out clause. Costa was settled in Madrid and wanted to stay at his CL club. They've backed Rodgers in the bid for Willian, a player more likely than not not even part of the original plan for the summer, to the tune of 30m pounds minimum (or significantly more, if the supposed sell-on clause was real).

Rodgers and his committee decide the value of their targets and then go to FSG to ask for funds. It's not as though FSG are sitting in some office at Fenway and saying, "this player is clearly only worth £30m and £1." They're listening to what Rodgers asks for and meeting his requests for this "marquee" signing. They're backing their man. Circumstances and fan-logic are what have put them in a catch-22, not FSG themselves.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 am

Firstly, we were not out bid by Tottenham for Willian. We put in a bid first (although Spurs had interest first, so they didn't exactly "steal" him), and Anzi accepted. So we already had a bid ACCEPTED for Willian. Spurs came in when we were in advanced talks, so had to pay that little bit more to get Anzi to accept. And then William simply chose Spurs over Liverpool which I'm sure AVB is responsible for, they do have some sort of mutual relationship. AVB wanted him for both Chelsea and early last year for Spurs. Anyway, my whole point was this whole thing had to do with wages, rather than the transfer bid where everyone is asking why didn't we offer 5m+ more. Ayre did nothing wrong. And I'll tell you now, we dodged a bullet here. He is not as good as you all make him out to be. Coutinho for me anyway, is already the better player. He's younger, and he cost a quarter of the price on Willian's head.

It was the same for Mkhitaryan really, we did have a bid accepted, until we were told that there was a third party involved and it made everything difficult with the PL rules demanding we needed 100% of his services (and the reason why so many teams in England do not buy players straight from South America). Dortmund then swooped in and signed him.  

As long as the intent is there, that's fine. I'm at least happy we went for Jovetic. He rejected us, what a c*nt :Pno but honestly, we move on. The desire to sign top quality is there.

The sooner we make CL football, the sooner we have less headaches.

Also, Tony Barrett has to understand that FSG are not some oil rich company that can invest 100m+ in every window.

We've had a 30m+ since they've been here. THAT IS A LOT considering we're not even playing in the CL (which is the main source of income for most clubs). Just because Commolli has wasted a good chunk of money in the past does not mean they don't have money to spend. I'm sure they're just taking a more conservative approach now. Which is a good thing. We spent 55m on Carroll and Downing ffs. Anyway, both Rodgers and FSG have came out and said there is money to spend, they're simply waiting for the right player rather than signing someone for the sake of signing someone.

I think people forget that we had to sell to buy when we were in the CL as well.

Sick of people always blaming FSG.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:14 am

If Rodgers wanted Mkhitaryan so badly and he chose the CL runners up ahead of us, why don't we just go for the exact similar player and buy Ivan Perisic (the player that Klopp signed Mkh to replace). He's a poor mans Mkh but my god if there ever was a more similar player to Mkh then it's Ivan Perisic. Hard working, technically gifted, unbelievable goalscoring record from midfield, can play all over the forward and mid positions. Klopp never wanted him to leave but he left for more game time and Klopp comes in and buys the exact sort of player as Perisic with higher quality in Mkh. And obviously, Perisic will be much cheaper.

PS. And Yes I do not believe Klopp bought Mkh as direct replacement for Gotze. Sure Gotze was an amazing player but he was a luxury player that he could have done without. I think Klopp always wanted someone in the mould of Perisic/Mkh playing that AM role and not Gotze, or else he would've brought in Eriksen or even Bernard if he needed those exact qualities.

PPS. And no I don't want us signing Perisic, I was simply saying if Rodgers wanted Mkh so badly because he was going to be some perfect solution to our problems then just go and buy someone else that's exactly like that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:22 am

Perisic was sold by Dortmund in January. We were targeting in getting Coutinho / Sturridge at the time and showed nothing to suggest we were interested in Mickey at the time.

We only really wanted him in the summer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 am

That's a rather random change of subject, McAgger.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:58 am

RedOranje wrote:That's a rather random change of subject, McAgger.
Done on purpose. I feel the subject of FSG and whether they spend or not has been debating to death on here.

But in all honesty, I would like to hear some discussion from the community here as to why Brendan and the committee have changed their minds about the type of targets we need. One minute it's a goalscoring midfield workhorse, the next it's a bulldozer forward, and later a flashy Brazilian trickster. Why such drastic change? I can understand Willian, as he was an opportunistic possibility that was never going to be a target for us coming into the summer until he became available. But the other two?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:01 am

something-red wrote:Perisic was sold by Dortmund in January. We were targeting in getting Coutinho / Sturridge at the time and showed nothing to suggest we were interested in Mickey at the time.

Dude I don't think you understood the point I was making in that post at all.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:16 am

They haven't though. Mkhitaryan and Costa both offered another goal threat and another presence in the attacks that defenses would have to account for. Both offered the threat from set-pieces (one via late runs, the other aerial presence and physicality), against tight and deep defenses (again), etc.

Willian is the odd man out. Which is why, as I've stated before, I think that move was one of opportunity rather than plan. Rodgers wanted to have 3 targets for any position he felt needed addressing in the window... we've moved for two and failed (Mkhi and Costa) and then made a move for a player that wasn't expected to be on the market, but became available. Certainly Willian doesn't offer the same type of goal threat as the others, but the hope was probably that he'd help us to unlock tight defenses in other ways. Again, speculation on my part, but that's likely why the club didn't decide to get into a bidding war (or wage war) with Spurs... Willian wasn't an original target and since it was just an opportunistic move, we moved on when the opportunity passed. Time will tell if there is a third target, but really the first two did offer the same things, if in different ways. They were both goal threats who could also offer a bit of extra creativity/options in the attacking end. Both were very hard workers who would help out in defense as well, and could run all game. Both had good to excellent movement for helping to create space and chances. While their POSITIONS were not the same, what they offered was.

I think DTOR's already made a pretty lengthy post addressing the misguided notion that positions are what Rodgers and his committee are looking at when deciding targets. It's not the position, it's the role and end product.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:05 am

i get fans what to give Rodgers there  full support & make out Fenway Sports Group big evil owner's, but come on we had over what 2 mouths or so with the transfer window open to come with such a some list of players, is so poor,

how hard is it to find good players

Centre back's

Stefan de Vrij,Toby Alderweireld,Aleksandar Dragović,Fabian Schär and so on

Central midfielders

Giuliano,Adam Maher,Tonny Vilhena,Kevin Strootman,Alan Dzagoev and so on

Wide midfielders

Georginio Wijnaldum,Andriy Yarmolenko,yevhen konoplyanka,Antoine Griezmann, Sofiane Feghouli and so on

what realy show that with out help Rodgers would not know real talents is & because he done bug all in the game so few talent player would like to come here,

now if a we had a big name Manager here, we would be sit around try find 2 players in 2 mouths or so
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:33 am

I think Bascombe hit the nail on the head with this article:

Chris Bascombe wrote: As Brazilian midfielder Willian underwent his Tottenham Hotspur medical, he became the latest in a series of former Anfield targets who had taken a detour to north London.

Liverpool were also interested in Roma’s Erik Lamela, but he too appears to be heading into the arms of Andre Villas-Boas.

On deadline day a year ago it was Clint Dempsey, Liverpool’s summer long chase ending at the 11th hour when the American international left Fulham. A few weeks earlier Gylfi Sigurddson opted for a more lucrative contract at Spurs, much to the despair of Brendan Rodgers who had managed the Icelandic international at Swansea.

Go back another 12 months and even Liverpool’s efforts to sign Brad Friedel as back-up to Pepe Reina were undone when Harry Redknapp convinced the American he would get more first-team action at Tottenham.

It was even suggested Liverpool had to fight off Spurs late move for Daniel Sturridge last December.

The gag on Merseyside is Melwood is currently being swept for bugging devices marked with a cockerel crest, although when they are discovered Rodgers will simply whisper the names of numerous duff targets in the hope Villas-Boas blows the rest of the Gareth Bale cash on less coveted players.

The reality, of course, is less to do with Spurs discreetly shadowing Liverpool’s every move and more a consequence of two clubs operating in the same market, for similar calibre stars, with the same ambitions of breaking the Champions League stranglehold the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal currently hold.

For Liverpool to be overlooked for top four teams is understandable, that Spurs are now perceived as a more likely Champions League participant next season is more galling.

It’s an uncomfortable truth which has been creeping up on Liverpool for the past few years – a fact John W. Henry recently acknowledged – that reputation alone is not enough and Liverpool must get back into Europe to win the off-field as much as on-field scraps.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan delivered the first major blow of the summer, joining the Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund.

Two weeks ago, Diego Costa and his representatives expertly exploited serious Liverpool interest to secure a new deal at Atletico Madrid.

Steven Jovetic also met Liverpool representatives prior to accepting a move to Manchester City.

There is a tendency to look beyond the most obvious reason for why this has happened, but the fact is joining Liverpool is not the summit of the ambitions of every top footballer. Spurs, even if their current European participation is of the less glamorous variety, are currently a bigger draw.

It’s not simply about finances and it is certainly not about the ambition of the owners who are eager to spend but will not compromise on their refusal to repeat past mistakes of overpaying for underperformance.

In all these summer deals, Liverpool are not just paying the price for finishing 7th, 6th, 8th and 7th in successive seasons, but also for all those high-profile transfer failures which Henry has scrutinised in detail.

He is adamant that, while more time consuming, the current approach of standing firm on valuations will yield longer term stability and success. In both the Willian and Mkhitaryan cases Liverpool thought a deal was in place but were then asked for more money when a rival entered the bidding. That said, both players would have been at Anfield if that’s what they really wanted.

Now the club is assessing other targets, prepared to shrug off dissent at losing Willian.

“A year ago we were getting slaughtered for not signing Dempsey. Would anyone suggest walking away was not the correct move now?” was how one Liverpool official put it.

Indeed, Henry felt compelled to write a letter of explanation following that withdrawal.

Liverpool bought Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge instead of Dempsey and Sigurdsson. If their scouts deliver similarly sound alternatives the blow of losing another target to Tottenham will be softened.

Liverpool centre-half Sebastian Coates could miss most of this season with a cruciate knee injury.

The Uruguayan, who Liverpool were hoping to sell to raise further funds, has undergone tests for the injury which, if confirmed, would wreck his chances of senior football for the foreseeable future.

It’s believed he suffered the knock on international duty last week.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10255826/Liverpools-true-status-highlighted-by-losing-out-in-transfer-window-to-Tottenham-Hotspur-.-.-.-.-once-again.html

The issue isn't our (lack of) ambition in spending, it's our position in the table in recent seasons.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:58 am

Red the biggest problem here is, though, how do you climb the table and get into Europe to attract players, if everyone around you is improving while you are stagnant (or in our case not improving as much as our rivals who even from the start were better than us)?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:33 am

You identify and sign players like Coutinho and Sturridge. This is a freak summer for Spurs, they're spending well beyond their usual means (like 4 or 5 times beyond it) due to the seemingly inevitable deal for Bale. Arsenal haven't strengthened at all, nor have United. Chelsea have spent around the same amount as we've seen offered by Rodgers & Co, and have brought in only squad players... though their pursuit of Rooney reminds all that they still have their own sugar-daddy behind them. City are City and to attempt to spend with them with be insanity without a similarly wealthy owner.

Spurs have managed to climb out of exact positions we're in now (if not worse) by building intelligently and steadily, and capitalizing on our slip up. It may be that that is our only realistic hope of moving back up the table at this point. If that's the case, then that's what the future holds for us. It's painful to admit, but outside of working and building in an intelligent manner and getting a bit of luck, there are few if no realistic options. Marquee signings are fun and all, but they're becoming overhyped and over-emphasized to the point of absurdity in the modern game. They can just as easily lead a club to ruin (Portsmouth) as they can lead it to glory.

As for attracting players; we're getting to the point where many of the players in or below their prime (age-wise) were not alive to remember Liverpool's true hey-day, so our past glories won't be enough to draw them in. Clearly we can't spend with the big-boys (or boys' toys as Anzhi are finding out) so we have to be clever. Find the hidden gems or not-yet-primetime targets. Build with intent and a plan, but also intelligence and measured reason in how and where we spend. Certainly, we could offer £20m and £80k for a player worth half those values and land him, but that only means that the funds used to ensure he signs are not available for the pursuit of other targets. Refuse to spend big on a player with injury concerns now, but move in again in January if he proves himself fit.

It really, really sounds like you're suggesting that FSG are not doing an acceptable job because they're not bankrolling us as some oil baron/sheikh would. Now going by our past conversations I don't think you believe such, but that does appear to be what you're attempting to convey here... and far too many (IMO) LFC fans seem to believe so as well. Perhaps FSG are being a bit too cautious and rigid with their interpretation of the footballing market (and by extension valuations of players and [un]willingness to bid over that) but they are also showing clear ambition and willingness to back the manager in his choice and pursuit of said players. You think they'd ok a move for Willian (either a third choice signing or an opportunistic move) to the tune of £30m but not free up that extra money if it would have made a difference in either of the other two pursuits if that were enough to actually seal the deal(s)? Whatever you want to say about Rodgers (inexperienced, naive, lacklustre defensively, Allen-lover, etc) or FSG (evil capitalist pigs, distracted by Red Sox, unfamiliar with football) neither are stupid and both have a plan. Maybe that plan doesn't line up perfectly with yours or mine, on and off the pitch, but it does still exist and it is still being implemented. The stadium project is progressing, albeit slowly. The squad is shifting in style, though probably not quickly enough for some. It's going to take time to complete, and even time yet to see how it is truly developing. But there is still time. Time left in the transfer window. Time left in the new season. Time left in the stadium efforts. Time left on Rodgers contract. And time left in the club's future... something that nearly wasn't the case only three short years ago. That time is both good and bad, but it is time left, nonetheless.

How do we return to the CL places? Patience, intelligence, determination, a clear strategy, and more than a wee touch of luck... all stewed together in time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:42 am

McAgger wrote:
something-red wrote:Perisic was sold by Dortmund in January. We were targeting in getting Coutinho / Sturridge at the time and showed nothing to suggest we were interested in Mickey at the time.

Dude I don't think you understood the point I was making in that post at all.
I got your point. But Mickey and/or Perisic wasn't needed in January.

We only needed one player in January and that was Sturridge. (Aka someone to help in the final third.)

We were only in for Coutinho because he was cheap and available. We didn't pursuit him as a primary target but got him none the less. The risk paid off, as well, you and I both know he's done very very well and looks like he can fulfil his potential. He was stagnating at Inter.

Anyway. From February - June Rodgers then accessed the squad during the season to see what he needed in the summer to help push for a CL spot. So Brendan was looking for what he wanted and what he felt the weak links in the squad based in that time. He thought we needed depth, he brought that in Alberto, Toure and Aspas. Mickey was then recommended after we felt we needed to improve on both of Henderson and Downing (and perhaps Skrtel) in the starting XI. Aspas came in for Downing and he was then sold. I personally think Aspas will play a squad role, rather than a first team player after Suarez comes back, but we'll find out soon enough. As much as I rate Henderson, I don't think he's the player to direct us to the CL and I think Rodgers thinks the same. That's why he wanted the link between midfield and attack mostly to help break teams down. That's why Mickey was a target.

We missed out on him, and well, Rodgers then decided to make Coutinho that player to link the midfield to attack. So Cou becomes a CAM, and we then pursuit someone to replace him on that left wing that he used to occupy. Which is why we're now interested in inside forward types ala Costa, Willian, Arda.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am

Wow, suddenly so much is being made of our few missed targets. Personally I don't blame the club / manager / owners at all, I feel so far we've been doing the right thing.

MkhhhRyan chose Dortmund, who are currently above us, well understandable.

Costa didn't want to switch Madrid to Liverpool and got offered a new contract (improved wages) at Atletico and stayed there. Well understandable.

Willian, well, this is the transfer that was probably the most achievable, but personally I wouldn't have been happy paying £30m for the player, so don't mind at all him going to Tottenham.

All I hope now is that we don't buy for the sake of buying, it becomes a danger when you miss out on your first few targets. I don't want us spending £10m+ on a player who is unlikely to meaningfully improve us, just because we couldn't get anything better. I'd rather keep that money in the bank and spend it later when there are good targets available again.

That said, I believe we'll see one or two signings still. Here's hoping they won't be panic buys.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 am

McAgger wrote:Red the biggest problem here is, though, how do you climb the table and get into Europe to attract players, if everyone around you is improving while you are stagnant (or in our case not improving as much as our rivals who even from the start were better than us)?
You do what City, Monaco, Chelsea and PSG do.

Instead of overpaying on Downing and Carroll and co and giving them huge contracts, give huge contracts to the Tevez' and co that will actually help title challenge after you get CL and get better players in.

Similarly to what we did with Suarez. You sell them the project, and you show them how they'll be at your plans and stuff.

Rodgers knows this too, you just have to look at the Coutinho, Sturridge and Sahin deals.

EDIT: And I mean on quality. So in b4 the "you didn't want Willian" posts.

Last edited by something-red on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:08 am

RedOranje wrote:I think Bascombe hit the nail on the head with this article:
Yep liked this article, & shared it yesterday on the previous thread.

@something-red: just a little mention on Spurs not outbidding us. After we bid Spurs came in with a higher bid & we were then asked to increase or match. Which we declined. So I am confused how did you think Spurs didn't outbid us & it was the players decision? & this version of events have been well documented more then enough to be true i guess.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 am

We had a bid accepted meaning we could therefore had the right to speak to Willian.

Willian just simply chose Tottenham over us.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:18 am

I don't know if any of you would agree or not I personally feel that we have a bunch of owners in FSG who are ready to be patient & BUILD on the legacy & not rush it or buy it.

A major example is the spending on YOUTH in recent windows we have been rumored to have bought the cream of the upcoming youth. & in recent times in youth set ups players have been really interested in coming to LFC. You see because you promote youth we advertise youth.

The logic is simple WE CANNOT COMPETE with the SHEIKH or ROMAN, we need to build slowly & we need to build through our youth.

The frustration is going to be there & I myself am also gonna shout at FSG & Ayre at times. Not BR cause i guess i am too fond of him. But yes i will curse & shout . . .because quite simply i am a fan. But if you think logically the method chosen is the method we need to have to progress forward.

Short term ambitions won't be made but long term targets would be achieved which would also be SUSTAINABLE. Building in youth gives you options & opportunities to expand far greater then the SHEIKH or ROMAN way. Helps you built a legacy.

And I believe in that. So, no matter what we have to give this idea this model another 5 years to finally cry about it. Also one of the greatest positives in this revolution for me is the STYLE of PLAY we are trying to achieve. I love it & I admire BR even more for that & i strongly believe that is what in a year or two is going to make us better then most & not the Multi-Millionaire acquisitions.

Would like your arguments about this but this just simply is what i believe in. But doesn't necessarily mean i am not going to cry about losing targets I am a fan at the end of the day.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:27 am

What are everyone's thoughts on Gylfi Siggurdson? Can see us being linked to him in the next couple of weeks, but don't think Spurs will sell to us. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 am

McAgger wrote:Red the biggest problem here is, though, how do you climb the table and get into Europe to attract players, if everyone around you is improving while you are stagnant (or in our case not improving as much as our rivals who even from the start were better than us)?
why do you think Tottenham are turn into a big, forget the new stadium & training ground, Harry Redknapp put them on the map with european football & win Tottenham for 1st Honour in what 15 years,

then look at André Villas-Boas managed Porto, Chelsea Honours Primeira Liga ,Taça de Portugal,Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira,UEFA Europa League

Rodgers is 5 years older , what has he done in career before before not a thing, when got to play in Europa League we were so poor,

like keep say a big name with could War-Chest of 30m+ and sale we would not be in this mess,

Rodgers has get 4th & win a cup to help build his name up

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 am

something-red wrote:We had a bid accepted meaning we could therefore had the right to speak to Willian.

Willian just simply chose Tottenham over us.
Well Tottenham came in with better financials for both Anzhi & Willian. But as we showed interest first Anzhi did give us the option of increasing our bid. Which we declined.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:13 am

something-red wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Gylfi Siggurdson? Can see us being linked to him in the next couple of weeks, but don't think Spurs will sell to us. :X
i like Siggurdson think we should went with him then Allen, i would love him

------------Lucas/Allen-------Gerrard/???
-----------------Gylfi/Jordan/Coutinho
???/????----------Daniel/Aspas/Borini----------Coutinho/Sterling/Aly
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down