DRK
Ganso
nichabr
Cassius
TonyDaBeast
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please God, dont let this be the day :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Please God, dont let this be the day :(

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012 - 18:59

It was the topic of speculation in the Italian media for 2 days now. It's official now
Alessandro Nesta will leave Milan at the end of the season.

I cannot even begin to imagine a Milan side without him. He started his career with Lazio, but it seemed after all these years as integral a cog in the Milan Old Guard as Maldini himself. It was his high profile transfer in 2002 that perhaps was the lucky charm behind a Champions League winning Milan.

I know the move was inevitable, he had to move on since he himself said in his press conference just now that European Football was becoming too fast for him in this age. BUT SOMETIMES IT'S JUST FRIGGIN HARD TO LET GO, especially when you are used to seeing him for the last 10 years.

Nothing grieves me this much, not even Seedorf or Inzaghi's departure which is looming in the air. The departure was impending but as a football fan I still thought he had one more solid season under his belt.

Back to top Go down

Please God, dont let this be the day :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Please God, dont let this be the day :(

Post by Dante Thu 10 May 2012 - 19:14

vasanthPato wrote:It was the topic of speculation in the Italian media for 2 days now. It's official now
Alessandro Nesta will leave Milan at the end of the season.

I cannot even begin to imagine a Milan side without him. He started his career with Lazio, but it seemed after all these years as integral a cog in the Milan Old Guard as Maldini himself. It was his high profile transfer in 2002 that perhaps was the lucky charm behind a Champions League winning Milan.

I know the move was inevitable, he had to move on since he himself said in his press conference just now that European Football was becoming too fast for him in this age. BUT SOMETIMES IT'S JUST FRIGGIN HARD TO LET GO, especially when you are used to seeing him for the last 10 years.

Nothing grieves me this much, not even Seedorf or Inzaghi's departure which is looming in the air. The departure was impending but as a football fan I still thought he had one more solid season under his belt.

Solid season? no , even himself said it he can't take anymore at 36 . A season which would include 10-15 games ? Most certainly , but players like Nesta don't know what bench is . It was the best decision for him and for Milan it was right about time .

Gratitude for Nesta , infinite gratitude for the respect and proffesionalism he has shown all these years.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by uzee Thu 10 May 2012 - 19:51

I lived in an era of legends like Maldini,Nesta,ADP,Inzaghi,Gattuso,Seedorf etc etc and now all of them are leaving...even Di Vaio.
Nesta always performed remarkably beside his old age,he came back from season ending injuries,he is was a true soldier and true leader.He's the one who made Messi cry,I wished he wouldnt leave Milan empty handed. we all knew that day will come,but we were (specially i was) just too scared too experience it,Goodbye Nesta,thank you for those golden years you gave to Milan,Thank you for being loyal for 10 years,most importantly THANK YOU FOR EXISTING.
uzee
uzee
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:41

Guess you jinxed it Sad.

Goodbye Nesta!

Thanks you for being our symbol, Maldini's partner is defence, and a composed and world class addition to our team.

As vasanth said, it's hard to let go, but all good things must come to an end.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:46

If he goes ... everybody else should go ... would make up a nice and beautiful story !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:57

Messi couldn't get past Nesta this year in UCL so i think it was a solid reason to want him to stay at the club for at least one more year.Anyway...he is still world class.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu 10 May 2012 - 23:18

Always my favorite Italian defender what a player he is
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Thu 10 May 2012 - 23:54

such a legend, thanks nesta for everything! definitely one of my favourite milan defenders of all time!!! and we have had alot of great defenders!

not to side track or anything, but ive heard mvb is gone back to netherland for sure now as well, can anyone confirm?
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri 11 May 2012 - 3:24

Goodbye Nesta Sad

When I read the news my heart sank, I knew it was coming but I didn't want to believe it. You were the core of our defence, you made TS the defender he is today. You are a king, a legend. It will be very hard to replace you. One of my favourite players of all time, respect for everything you brought to Milan.

I hope this isn't going to be another problem for our back line. Maldini left and since than, no one can fulfill that role, I hope someone can step up and do at least half of what Nesta was capable of.

Nesta :bow:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri 11 May 2012 - 3:32

I'll miss seeing you play Sad :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Fri 11 May 2012 - 3:33

Milan31 wrote:Goodbye Nesta Sad

When I read the news my heart sank, I knew it was coming but I didn't want to believe it. You were the core of our defence, you made TS the defender he is today. You are a king, a legend. It will be very hard to replace you. One of my favourite players of all time, respect for everything you brought to Milan.

I hope this isn't going to be another problem for our back line. Maldini left and since than, no one can fulfill that role, I hope someone can step up and do at least half of what Nesta was capable of.

Nesta :bow:
i hope the new thiago silva would arrive.. acerbi??
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Fri 11 May 2012 - 4:47

Bye Il Profesore !youll be missed!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Fri 11 May 2012 - 5:26

Sorry for the loss guys true legend . An example of a true Italian defender
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri 11 May 2012 - 9:58

It had to happen sooner or later

He will be missed
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012 - 12:24

one of the best CBs ever to grace on the pitch, one of a kind, we are pretty lucky to witness such an elegant defender.

nesta i salute u, and he will remain forever in our heart. :bow: he has been a great servant to Milan, and he will always be a milan legend.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri 11 May 2012 - 13:58

I'm now seriously considering buying another home jersey for this season with Nesta's name on it to commemorate his final season. It is however quite expensive. If ever I was to buy two of a single season's jersey it would be this season's beautiful design though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Fri 11 May 2012 - 16:50

Pippo e Rino too. They are both done.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 11 May 2012 - 17:00

Superpeppe wrote:Pippo e Rino too. They are both done.

These days get way too emotional for my liking...

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri 11 May 2012 - 17:31

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/05/11/3095802/gattuso-and-inzaghi-announce-ac-milan-exits

First Pirlo, then Nesta now them.. Looks like the team gonna get some fresh meat, kinda sad to see the old guard leaving.

But to be honest I feel sad because of Seedorf the most. He was pretty much my favorite Milan player, if I can say that.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 11 May 2012 - 18:06

are we going to pull a rejuvenation? Shocked
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by uzee Fri 11 May 2012 - 18:09

GATTUSO: "Galliani played Fusto Leali's song 'Mi Machi' just now to me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4LgHI3wnDc&feature=youtu.be

uzee
uzee
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 11 May 2012 - 18:21

dronte wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/05/11/3095802/gattuso-and-inzaghi-announce-ac-milan-exits

First Pirlo, then Nesta now them.. Looks like the team gonna get some fresh meat, kinda sad to see the old guard leaving.

But to be honest I feel sad because of Seedorf the most. He was pretty much my favorite Milan player, if I can say that.
Please God, dont let this be the day :( - Page 2 Finger10
Even Juve fans have a favourite Milan player deep inside Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 11 May 2012 - 18:25

uzee wrote:GATTUSO: "Galliani played Fusto Leali's song 'Mi Machi' just now to me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4LgHI3wnDc&feature=youtu.be

LOL
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 11 May 2012 - 18:26

Seedorf along with Kaka are my favorite players at Milan too.

Just cuz i'm a Juve Fan doesnt mean rival team players shouldnt be appreciated.Players like Seedorf ooze class.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 11 May 2012 - 18:40

Surag wrote:Seedorf along with Kaka are my favorite players at Milan too.

Just cuz i'm a Juve Fan doesnt mean rival team players shouldnt be appreciated.Players like Seedorf ooze class.

It was a joke Surag Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Fri 11 May 2012 - 19:05

heart break season.. but i guess we all knew that this was coming..
salute and love for nesta gattuso seedorf and pippo
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2