Blue Barrett
Raptorgunner
Onyx
guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Proof that AVB was better than RDM - Page 2 Empty Re: Proof that AVB was better than RDM

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 11:27 am

fatman123 wrote:still gonna stand by that mole?

Di Matteo > Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Ranieri etc etc ?

Great logic Laughing

Just like with Grant, this has nothing to do with Di Matteo its to do with the players taking responsiblity and control and not bitching and wanting to stab the manager in the back like they did under AVB and Scolari.....

You seriously going to tell me Grant was a fantastic manager? Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Proof that AVB was better than RDM - Page 2 Empty Re: Proof that AVB was better than RDM

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 11:29 am

Mole: "This who scored generation pisses me off Mad "

*Posts ridiculous jiopsi-esque worthless stat*

Us : :vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 11:31 am

Zealous wrote:Mole: "This who scored generation pisses me off Mad "

*Posts ridiculous jiopsi-esque worthless stat*

Us : :vagi:

Tbf i did say i posted this to see what people think..... i just argued the BS that some people have wrote in this thread.

Yes the whoscored.com generation do piss me off.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 11:37 am

Di Matteo >>>>> AVB

Won a CL? Check.
Made Drogba, Ashley and Cech have their best CL campaign ever? Check.
Won the FA cup? Check.
Beat Barcelona, the best team in the world according to most? Check.
Has he brought the squad harmony in the dressing room? Check. x100000000

You can't compare him with Grant, becouse he didn't win the CL with Chelsea. Di Matteo did.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 am

RDM inherited a team in a big mess. I don't think you're going to really take anything useful from his numbers.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun May 20, 2012 11:40 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
fatman123 wrote:still gonna stand by that mole?

Di Matteo > Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Ranieri etc etc ?

Great logic Laughing

Just like with Grant, this has nothing to do with Di Matteo its to do with the players taking responsiblity and control and not bitching and wanting to stab the manager in the back like they did under AVB and Scolari.....

You seriously going to tell me Grant was a fantastic manager? Laughing

i never said anything about mou, guus, grant, lampard anclotti, ranieri, scolari, terry or any other coach ive missed, and im not comparing any of them to RDM, im speaking only about RDM and AVB

and given that both had the exact same group of players at their disposal and RDM saved the steaming pile of sh*t that our season was becoming thanks to AVB and won the FA cup and CL shows me that RDM is a better coach them AVB, in the context of a club like Chelsea which isnt suited to play wannabe-barca football

AVB was naive to change everything so fast and clearly has very limited man managment skills, RDM stuck with what the squad does best and bought unity back to our team
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun May 20, 2012 11:42 am

coach terry :bow:

seriously though, getting his team to the most undeserved cl win in the history of ever, using the fantastic tactical move of FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DEFEND does not make one a top manager
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 11:43 am

Se7en wrote:Di Matteo >>>>> AVB

Won a CL? Check.
Won the FA cup? Check.

You can't compare him with Grant, becouse he didn't win the CL with Chelsea. Di Matteo did.

Actually i can because the only reason Grant didnt was because Terry slipped on his arse... hardly Grant's fault.

Also bought harmony to dressing room? sacking AVB did that Laughing they wanted him gone Laughing

Again the players did that not Di Matteo.... as i said its purely down to the players taking control and responsibility as they didnt give 2 shits before..

Anyway by all this logic Di Matteo >>>> Mourinho.....

Zeal a mess? they were closer to 4th when AVB left than they ended the season Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 11:47 am

Won a CL? Check.
Won the FA cup? Check.

Actually i can because the only reason Grant didnt was because Terry slipped on his arse... hardly Grant's fault.

Also bought harmony to dressing room? sacking AVB did that Laughing they wanted him gone Laughing

Again the players did that not Di Matteo.... as i said its purely down to the players taking control and responsibility as they didnt give 2 shits before..

Zeal a mess? they were closer to 4th when AVB left than they ended the season Laughing

You really think the squad had any respect for him after him being AVBs assistant and being a unproven manager managing a squad with 0 unity and trust to him?

HE was the one who earned the respect, by showing that he can manage and helped them come through a historic comeback vs. Napoli and then beating the BEST TEAM in the world Barcelona by learning his team how to defend (something they weren't capable of with AVB)

Not to mention how Drogba, Cech and Ashley started playing like their prime.

AVB is another case of GL hype IMO, he is overrated. He is a good manager when he has the required set of players but he is too naive to be a top manager in my eyes, he had a unlimited amount of funds but didn't buy the players he needed and in the end almost costed Chelsea their season.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 11:47 am

OK Mole Chelsea were flying when AVB was sacked.

Your emoticons have shown me the light.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun May 20, 2012 11:48 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Zeal a mess? they were closer to 4th when AVB left than they ended the season Laughing

we in the midst of a massive nose dive when AVB left too

with AVB we werent going to finish top 4, we werent going to win the FA cup and we were gonna get obliterated by Napoli, none of which happened with RDM

i still rate AVB as a coach, but he screwed up at chelsea, and like i said before, in the context of this season and this chelsea team, RDM>>>>AVB
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 11:50 am

Chelsea weren't in a mess? They were closer to 4th? REALLY MOLE?

The funny thing is Chelsea finished 4th by winning the CL so atleast he made Chelsea qualify for CL Laughing and on top of that HE WON CL Laughing and he won FA Cup Laughing

And he turned around a 3-1 game vs Napoli to a 4-1... AVB is overrated
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun May 20, 2012 11:52 am

not to mention the fixture list AVB had comapred to that of RDM, AVB had fresh playerplaying one game a week, RDM had a squad that was being effected by the tradtional mid season fatigue and injuries and he had 2 or 3 games a week every week for nearly two months
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 am

I'm quite sympathetic to Mole's points, however it's in taking the realistic long term view. Di Matteo has proven to be primarily a highly tactful and adept man manager and his squad selections have reflected an even handed approach which has been critical in achieving the perfect swan song for these players.

It's too easy to justify everything through a Champions League triumph. Victory today showed that the decision made was worth it, for the fans and players, a triumph such as this which immortalises their positions in club history however it's unfair to shove the triumph in Villas-Boas' face. Di Matteo was the right manager at the right time, all credit to him. Over a longer period though, football is more than just man management, particularly with a squad which has just achieved their goal and will be shifting their focus now.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

They had respect for him as a Chelsea legend as a player so yes i do.....

And you really think Di Matteo was controlling things ffs? The players call him Robbie ffs Laughing

Do you really think Madrid players would go around calling Mourinho " Jose" Laughing

They played like in their prime because they wanted to and because they had someone in charge he would let them take control of the club.....

No coincidence that both teams they got to CL final with shat managers...

It's the players taking control and responsibility in a common goal to win the CL....

Also unlimited funds? he bought a load of kids for the future ( because thats what the owner wanted) and Mata Laughing

Also its not hard to defend when you pack 11 players behind the ball any noob can do it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun May 20, 2012 11:59 am

AVB is not overrated. He needed time to get a squad that he wants and to implement his playing style which is what Chelsea hired him for.

Even if AVB did not win anything this season or did not qualify for CL, it would not have been a failure, atleast to me.

Matteo is a good manager. Is he good enough to win the CL next season? I dont know. Because every one of Chelsea's opponents had the opportunity to knock them out. But they failed and Chelsea prevailed. Is that because of Matteo? I dont think so.

Last edited by kiranr on Sun May 20, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They had respect for him as a Chelsea legend as a player so yes i do.....

And you really think Di Matteo was controlling things ffs? The players call him Robbie ffs Laughing

Do you really think Madrid players would go around calling Mourinho " Jose" Laughing

They played like in their prime because they wanted to and because they had someone in charge he would let them take control of the club.....

It's the players taking control and responsibility in a common goal to win the CL....

Also unlimited funds? he bought a load of kids for the future ( because thats what the owner wanted) and Mata Laughing

Also its not hard to defend when you pack 11 players behind the ball any noob can do it.

Actually, they do. In our league celebration, Mou was bowing to the players, Callejon was riding his back, Mourinho even said in a interview that Iker called him bastard in a joking manner.

There are also alot of videos of Marcelo joking around with Jose. Jose's attitude portrayed in media isn't the same Jose IMO.

The players calling him Robbie doesn't make him any less of a demanding manager, and it doesn't make him less respected either.

A load of kids? WHO? Oriol? the overrated midfielder? Laughing The guy was bought and played for the only reason being he is a La Masia product looool
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Oriol is a kid...... as was every other transfer they made other than Mata..... he made these transfers because Chelsea need it and next season the same problems will arise as the old guys cant continue like this forever....

Anyway Di Matteo will be forgetten in a few years just like Rijkaard has been...

Everyone wanked over Rijkaard when he won the CL under Barca but has done nothing since and same goes for Di Matteo.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Iker calls Mou "Joder" (bastard) regularly lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 pm

kiranr wrote:AVB is not overrated. He needed time to get a squad that he wants and to implement his playing style which is what Chelsea hired him for.

Even if AVB did not win anything this season or did not qualify for CL, it would not have been a failure, atleast to me.

Matteo is a good manager. Is he good enough to win the CL next season? I dont know. Because every one of Chelsea's opponents had the opportunity to knock them out. But they failed and Chelsea prevailed. Is that because of Matteo? I dont think so.

i agree that silverware wasnt a necessity for this season, but AVB had to finish 4th, Chelsea need the CL money

Se7en wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They had respect for him as a Chelsea legend as a player so yes i do.....

Actually, they do. In our league celebration, Mou was bowing to the players, Callejon was riding his back, Mourinho even said in a interview that Iker called him bastard in a joking manner.

There are also alot of videos of Marcelo joking around with Jose. Jose's attitude portrayed in media isn't the same Jose IMO.

The players calling him Robbie doesn't make him any less of a demanding manager, and it doesn't make him less respected either.

A load of kids? WHO? Oriol? the overrated midfielder? Laughing The guy was bought and played for the only reason being he is a La Masia product looool

this i agree with, even when i see videos of mou at chelsea i dont think he was the cold authoritarian he was depicted as in the media, the portrayal Lampard gives him in is bio deffinately doesnt reflect that

i think mou is an effective manager because although he is friendly and jovial with his player and yes mou does command a very high level of respect from his players, but mous players trust him more then anyone else, and will do whatever they want from him and thats not something many managers, both AVB and RDM, can do

as for romeu dont be so quick to judge, i thnk hes got a bit of class to him, although hes heavily unsuited to the double pivot and is much better in a 4-3-3
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun May 20, 2012 12:15 pm

fatman123 wrote:
i agree that silverware wasnt a necessity for this season, but AVB had to finish 4th, Chelsea need the CL money

Yes, they did and you can't say that would not have been possible. AVB was fired because he lost the dressing room due to the immense player power there. That was really unfair on the player's part and Roman's part.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 pm

kiranr wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Yes, they did and you can't say that would not have been possible. AVB was fired because he lost the dressing room due to the immense player power there. That was really unfair on the player's part and Roman's part.

if AVB hadnt lost the dressing room, who knows, maybe we couldve won the league in which case we'd be applauding the coaching masterind that is AVB. But AVB did loose the dressing room, and at the time he was fired chelsea were taking a massive nose dive and if things stayed constant we wouldve ended up keeping liverpool company on the league table
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Won a CL? Check.
Won the FA cup? Check.

Had nothing to do with RDM? Take for example, players like Mikel and Kalou. They have been in their best form in a Chelsea shirt, especially Mikel. Mikel had his best EVER performance in a Chelsea shirt last night and has been in amazing form since RDM took over. A player that was so shoite under the clueless ginger.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Yes they do. When Mou was at Chelsea, they called him "Jose". Besides, RDM was JT's former teammate, FFS! Calling him "Robbie" is not being disrespectful by any means.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Oriol is a kid...... as was every other transfer they made other than Mata..... he made these transfers because Chelsea need it and next season the same problems will arise as the old guys cant continue like this forever....

Anyway Di Matteo will be forgetten in a few years just like Rijkaard has been...

Everyone wanked over Rijkaard when he won the CL under Barca but has done nothing since and same goes for Di Matteo.

The only transfers AVB made were Mata and Oriol. He was stupid enough to say to the media that Lukaku and De Bruyne WERE NOT his signings and he had nothing to do with them, that they were club signings. That already hits De Bruyne's confidence even before he wears the club shirt, knowing that his future manager does not fancy him.

AVB made so many stupid mistakes. Naive ones, I should say.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Everyone wanked over Rijkaard when he won the CL under Barca but has done nothing since and same goes for Di Matteo.
I could really use that crystal ball of your for the lottery next week, mate. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next