McLewis
BarrileteCosmico
Tifoso Romanista
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Montella: 'My weakness for Roma' Empty Montella: 'My weakness for Roma'

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon May 14, 2012 3:37 am

Catania Coach Vincenzo Montella has confirmed he has “a weakness” for Roma and would be willing to return if they make an offer.

The Giallorossi have made no secret of the fact they want Montella to come back to the bench he held last season after Luis Enrique walked away.

“It has been a very intense week in which I was talked about, to my chagrin, which is why I chose not to speak in a press conference yesterday,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I am flattered by director Walter Sabatini’s words, but I owe a great deal to Catania, the President and these fans.

“They know I have a weakness for Roma, having a past there as a player, a Coach and other ties to that city.

“In any case, it’s all hypothetical. First let’s see if this interest is real, then in that case I will speak to the President and make a decision together.

“I have a contract and intend to respect it, because I am happy here. At the moment there is nothing other than a few jokes made in public.”

They didn't Appreciate him , bringing the manager with almost the same repetition wasn't the best of moves but he proved himself at Catania and their Symbolic manager proved to be really Symbolic or even a little bit of shambolic, But Props to Montella that he still likes ROMA

Enrique fans are really on my nerve , i am too happy as he left , if he stayed i would have to ask these people to make Enrique fans page , so they can move on , they rather criticize the whole team than that stupid manager , i was afraid the day comes that they even criticize Totti for that bastard
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Montella: 'My weakness for Roma' Empty Re: Montella: 'My weakness for Roma'

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 14, 2012 4:13 am

Sorano Totti wrote:Enrique fans are really on my nerve , i am too happy as he left , if he stayed i would have to ask these people to make Enrique fans page , so they can move on , they rather criticize the whole team than that stupid manager , i was afraid the day comes that they even criticize Totti for that bastard

easy there, that's completely uncalled for.

How old are you?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon May 14, 2012 4:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Sorano Totti wrote:Enrique fans are really on my nerve , i am too happy as he left , if he stayed i would have to ask these people to make Enrique fans page , so they can move on , they rather criticize the whole team than that stupid manager , i was afraid the day comes that they even criticize Totti for that bastard

easy there, that's completely uncalled for.

How old are you?
26 but what that has to do with anything i said
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 pm

The fact that you're acting like a 12-year old has everything to do with it.

Once again....stay classy, brah.
---------------------------

As for the topic: He's my favorite Roma player of all time and he always will be, but I'll be very lukewarm to him coming back. He's too close to some of these guys and I don't think he'll do as well as he did with Catania, which was a completely different and separate environment where he didn't have constant media pressure.

It would be best for his career if he stays in Sicily IMO.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 pm

McLewis wrote:The fact that you're acting like a 12-year old has everything to do with it.

As for the topic: He's my favorite Roma player of all time and he always will be, but I'll be very lukewarm to him coming back. He's too close to some of these guys and I don't think he'll do as well as he did with Catania, which was a completely different and separate environment where he didn't have constant media pressure.

Maybe, but mind you, not as much as his first time around. With all the new players we got last summer and the new players we're going to get this summer, the only guys he's really close too are Totti and De Rossi, the main core of the team, along with Perrotta, Brighi and Pizarro who may or may not be with us next season. Really, the only problem I had with Montella when he coached us was his obsession with Doni and that won't be an issue anymore... oh wait, he's only out on loan, right... pale
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 14, 2012 10:16 pm

ErPupone wrote:
McLewis wrote:The fact that you're acting like a 12-year old has everything to do with it.

Maybe, but mind you, not as much as his first time around. With all the new players we got last summer and the new players we're going to get this summer, the only guys he's really close too are Totti and De Rossi, the main core of the team, along with Perrotta, Brighi and Pizarro who may or may not be with us next season. Really, the only problem I had with Montella when he coached us was his obsession with Doni and that won't be an issue anymore... oh wait, he's only out on loan, right... pale

Precisely lol.

There's just too much risk of favoritism with him. Guys like Marquinho probably wouldn't get a fair shake like Simplicio and Boriello didn't last season. I would mention Menez, but he was his own worst enemy.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 15, 2012 12:20 am

:coffee: bad news CfR Cluj after
qualified in the Champions League have a great interest in Bogdan Lobont , the 34 year old Romanian goalkeeper who still has a year contract with Roma and we might Take Doni back unless if we get another GK , My only problem with Doni is he tends to come out of his line often and that costs us easy goals .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 am

1. Stekelenburg
2. Curci
3. Pena
4. Proietti Gaffi
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 15, 2012 1:17 am

Ive never seen PENA play for the first team then He went on loan , I always liked Lobont , he is a good goal-keeper
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 am

We should hold onto Lobont imo he has proved to be a reliable backup when needed.Curci should leave though.

1.Stek
2.Lobont
3.Pena
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Very Happy i would suggest Ujkani if he can come
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 15, 2012 5:39 pm

cheers yes he is coming , yes he is coming , Yes yes yes yes yes :dance:

Montella -----ooooooooo------Montella ooooooooo-----ooooo Vicenzo Oooo Vicenzo :dance:

Please do not spoil my fun- :vagi:
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 15, 2012 6:04 pm

No one's going to spoil your fun lol

I'd welcome Montella back, though he's not my preferred choice.

Reports are saying that he'd probably take Francesco Lodi and Alejandro Gomez with him as well. Gomez would be a huge addition for us. Quality player, that one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 pm

I'd let Lobont go. Curci is better than him IMO.

Montella, welcome back.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Montella gone with the wind
By Football Italia staff

Catania have admitted that Roma target Vincenzo Montella wants to leave the Stadio Massimino.

Montella joined the Elefanti last summer from Roma when he signed a two-year deal, but the capital club now want him back after Luis Enrique’s resignation.

“The Coach wants to make a run for it,” Catania President Antonino Pulvirenti stated. “You can’t stop the wind…”

Reports suggest that the former Sampdoria striker has already said goodbye to his squad in Sicily. He could fly into the capital as soon as this evening.

With Montella on his way out, Catania have been paired with Delio Rossi – the man Fiorentina sacked recently after his touchline altercation with Adem Ljajic.

“I still haven’t considered anyone,” Pulvirenti stated when asked about the possible new Coach. “Saying that, Delio Rossi is a serious guy who can coach anyone.”
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 19, 2012 2:42 am

Pulvirenti is reportedly asking for 3 million euros to release Montella and perhaps a co-ownership agreement over Crescenzi, Bertolacci or Florenzi.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 am

ErPupone wrote:Pulvirenti is reportedly asking for 3 million euros to release Montella and perhaps a co-ownership agreement over Crescenzi, Bertolacci or Florenzi.

I'd give them Bertolacci,the other 2 are a must keep imo Florenzi has been ripping it up at Crotone this season,kid has a bright future can't afford to lose talent like that.I'd also like to see Crescenzi back with us next season.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 19, 2012 4:46 am

Meh, I like Bertolacci. Did very well in two stints with Lecce. Deserves his chance with us, but yeah if it's between him and Crescenzi and Florenzi then the odds are stacked against him unfortunately.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat May 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Saturday May 19 2012

Catania: 'Roma can't have Montella'

By Football Italia staff

Catania President Antonino Pulvirenti insists Vincenzo Montella “knows perfectly well he signed a contract” and will not be released for Roma.

The Coach has made it clear he has “a weakness” for the Giallorossi and would like to make a return to the Olimpico after Luis Enrique’s departure.

“I didn’t think I would find myself in this situation at the end of the season and it’s really disappointing,” Pulvirenti told Radio Radio.

“Montella has repeatedly told me he has a weakness for the Giallorossi, but he knows perfectly well that he signed a contract.

“I received a phone call at the start of the week from Roma and I told them at this moment I am not taking into consideration the idea of giving away my Coach.

“I am working on replacing the director of sport and have no intention of talking about the tactician. I hear it said he will stay at Catania next year, but things can change.

“I realise Roma are an important club, but we have built the team around Montella, making January signings to give him the right elements so they can play in a certain way.”

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Who's going to come if Montella stays at Catania? AVB?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat May 19, 2012 6:09 pm

jay07 wrote:Who's going to come if Montella stays at Catania? AVB?

Yeah I say so.He was the number 1 target last season but the 15M price tag for him put us off.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 pm

AVB's in talks with Liverpool. That seems far more likely.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun May 20, 2012 2:09 am

I hope Pioli. Hes already rubbished any contact with Lazio, its obvious he wants the Roma job.

He deserves it to. If Zamparini would have had some patience last season, he would have taken Palermo to a top 5 finish imo. He hasn't had a squad with the talent of Roma or even a Palermo yet. Newsflash, Bologna finished in the top 10, a mere game and change back of us.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by henchag Sun May 20, 2012 8:43 am

Well, as a first I am glad the clueless poser LE is gone Very Happy
I think AVB experience with chelsea and whatever happened afterwards ( chelsea ending up winning CL without him) pushes everyone away from him.His reputation doesnt look good now, and am unwilling to take another risk.

On the other hand Montella is one of brightest upcoming young managers in europe.He plays entertaining brand of football, at times he was naive vs milan ( 4 - 0 milan won it) and went so much attacking.But he himself admitted the mistake, and said vs sides like that you cant play suicidal & modified his tactics.He is versatile manager, willing to change & learn.not stubborn like LE...

He is the pefect young manager to take over this project.

And for LE, in my life of supporting roma for so long..I havent seen such a manager given so much project..ehem ehem..excuses for failures. He was the biggest bluff ever, that one day after some 3 - 4 years of project he will make us play like barcelona lol.

henchag
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun May 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Sunday May 20 2012

Roma reconsider Villas Boas

By Football Italia staff

Roma continue their attempts to lure Vincenzo Montella from Catania, but if problems continue then they could go back to Andre Villas Boas.

The Giallorossi have made it clear Montella is their first choice for the job, but Catania are so far refusing to release him from his contract.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, there are also issues with wages, as he would like €1.5m per season to return to the Olimpico, whereas the club is offering €1m.

It is reported that if the Montella situation is not resolved within 48 hours, Roma will move on to second choice Villas Boas.

The Portuguese tactician is out of work after Chelsea sacked him, but has also been linked with Liverpool.

Villas Boas was the original candidate to replace Luis Enrique and is said to be on stand-by for further developments.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next