Dante
Art Morte
The_ItalianFool
Zealous
DeviAngel
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey Empty SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey

Post by DeviAngel Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Juventus would be ready to make a momentous decision. The number 10 shirt, even for a race worn by Alessandro Del Piero, will be withdrawn from next season. According to John Look at Sky Sports, this would be a tribute to the Old Lady is ready to take to remember its symbol. No player has ever had the honor Juventus, but Alexander is part of Juventus.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey Empty Re: SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Wow, that's a big deal.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey Empty Re: SKY - Juventus withdraw the number 10 jersey

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Nothing official yet, but I would love for this to happen.

Anyone who tries to fill Del Piero's shoes will ultimately fail.... so it could be for the best.

The only negative side of this is that it may be considered an insult to the other great no. 10s we have had.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:Nothing official yet, but I would love for this to happen.

Anyone who tries to fill Del Piero's shoes will ultimately fail.... so it could be for the best.

The only negative side of this is that it may be considered an insult to the other great no. 10s we have had.

I was just thinking this. Juve have had some legendary 10's. It's weird they would retire the number now.

Plus the number 10 is too important in football imo. Retiring it may not be a good idea.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 pm

I said it billion times and I'll do it again. If I was part of Juve I would suggest one GOLDEN number 10 to be withdrawn on which there will be with golden letters DEL PIERO.

The other to be ordinary number 10 left for other players..

but if this is the way to go than I support this
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

It's a little weird if they do it, but I'd understand the decision.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 pm

As reported by the envoy of the Sky International Book Fair in Turin, Federico Ferri, at the presentation of the book by Alex Del Piero and Maurizio Crosetti "play again", would emerge at the request of the captain of Juventus Juventus about not withdrawn the number 10. An idea then that goes to clash with the rumors today as Del Piero was externalized with his brother the following words: "I dreamed as a child to wear the number 10 for Juventus and I want other children to be able to dress up and dream of one day crown all this. "
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Juventus would be making a serious move if they really do it. I guess Del Piero's opinion should be taken seriously.

Whatever though, numbers don't make the player , it's quite the opposite it happens.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Zealous wrote:Wow, that's a big deal.

I agree, his signature is ridiculously big, didn't even read his post, was too much scrolling for my taste.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 pm

LOL
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon May 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Zealous wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:Nothing official yet, but I would love for this to happen.

I was just thinking this. Juve have had some legendary 10's. It's weird they would retire the number now.

Plus the number 10 is too important in football imo. Retiring it may not be a good idea.

This.

With all respect to Del Piero, there are plenty of other much better ways to honor him.

And besides, retiring the #10 would be like saying that nobody in the rest of Juve's history will ever come close to Del Piero's level, which is very wrong.

I wouldn't mind if we become picky in choosing who wears the #10, but completely retiring it would be wrong IMO.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon May 14, 2012 8:26 pm

ADP :bow:

Anyway, its simple, retire it for a year then give it to the next spark. Only fair.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon May 14, 2012 8:28 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Zealous wrote:Wow, that's a big deal.

I agree, his signature is ridiculously big, didn't even read his post, was too much scrolling for my taste.

You know that u can hide signatures right ?? use that option
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon May 14, 2012 9:53 pm

As big as ADP is, I wouldn't like no10 to permanently be withdrawn.

We shouldn't use it however for ordinary players. Nobody deserves to have it next year.

Lets wait till a 'new magician' shows up.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Mon May 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Remove it for few years and then put it back in the team, that way the number 10 will be given a rest.
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm

I'd say this is a good thing until there is someone suitable for the number 10.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 am

Who would really take it next season? You would have to have one heck of an ego to even consider attempting to fill ADP's shoes.

Withdraw it for at least a year, and then give it to someone deserving.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Giovincio hmm
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 pm

I say give it to Pepe
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 15, 2012 9:19 pm

i saw this coming, i mean you could argue it disrespects other juve number 10s but lets be real adp is the all time top goalscorer and all time record appearance holder, no one even comes close.

he deserves it imo

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Juve doing it Right.

Ronaldo wearing our #7 is a pain in my heart.He should've just stuck with the 9 , it was a bitch move.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Mate, you shouldn't give a damn. No one is like Del Piero. He gave his whole life and career for Juventus, he was loyal and worked hard all the way through. Others might surpass him eventually, in like 200 years, but by then football will be a completely another game so who cares, lol.

Feck it, retire that jersey, I'll buy it. Del Piero is one of the first players I witnessed as child and he defines a big part of the term football in my vocabulary.

Le Samourai wrote:Juve doing it Right.

Ronaldo wearing our #7 is a pain in my heart.He should've just stuck with the 9 , it was a bitch move.
Agreed. Though I wasn't really stunned. Perez and all...
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 pm

I disagree. I mean, I am a Raulista as much as anyone (I dont hate Cristiano though Laughing ), and Ronaldo is the only one worthy of taking the 7 from Raul. He has proven himself more than capable.

Also, the whole disrespect to other legendary Sietes (Buitre? Hell, JUANITO?) and Sh1rt salez FTW lulz
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm

la liga should allow numbers greator than 1-25 so that teams can retire jerseys. i think its an excellent tribute to players who have given their career to one club

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 15, 2012 9:39 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:

I disagree. I mean, I am a Raulista as much as anyone (I dont hate Cristiano though Laughing ), and Ronaldo is the only one worthy of taking the 7 from Raul. He has proven himself more than capable.

Also, the whole disrespect to other legendary Sietes (Buitre? Hell, JUANITO?) and Sh1rt salez FTW lulz

I don't want them to retire the 7.

But I also don't want some fool like Ronaldo wearing it

If anybody should be wearing it it should be Pipa.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next