the xcx
Zealous
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Swanhends
45 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 10 Empty Re: Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool

Post by Amar Tue May 22, 2012 11:53 pm

AVB is gonna come back a force to repair his damaged rep but the bigger coup here is Van Gaal.

He'll set everyone in line lol.

Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 10 Empty Re: Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 22, 2012 11:55 pm

-----------Reina
johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Jose
---????--Lucas--Gerrard
---Suarez-?????-?????
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:01 am

Tony Barret now running LVG story.... hmm

@Nick: Moutinho, Huntelaar, Ramirez :coffee:

Carroll on when John Terry or Ivanovic are playing :dance:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 am

Suarez will play in the middle imo. AVB wingers need to be great at tracking back.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 am

Schweini wrote:Tony Barret now running LVG story.... hmm

-
----------Reina
Moutinho--Lucas--Gerrard
Suarez-Huntelaar-Ramirez

hmm

looks like a decent enough side.

@Zealous, Hulk?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:08 am

Zealous wrote:Suarez will play in the middle imo. AVB wingers need to be great at tracking back.

I don't think its his best position though. He is not disciplined enough to be main ST and hence a lot of time he played there this season, he wasn't in the box as he tries to get involved too much. His best position is RF IMO.

One of Kenny's biggest mistakes of the season was starting Suarez as lone ST in FA Cup final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 23, 2012 12:14 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Schweini wrote:Tony Barret now running LVG story.... hmm

-
----------Reina
Moutinho--Lucas--Gerrard
Suarez-Huntelaar-Ramirez

hmm

looks like a decent enough side.

@Zealous, Hulk?

Porto were great at pressing, I'm not sure Pool will learn that quickly enough.

So if you're not going to press then you should trackback. Playing Suarez as false 9 in homage to Pep would be something I can see AVB doing hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 23, 2012 12:27 am

Le Samourai wrote:Dani, could you describe the basic tenants of AVB's system?

Have a look at this link.

http://katecohensoccer.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/why-andre-villas-boas-will-be-a-success-at-liverpool%E2%80%8F/
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 23, 2012 12:30 am

Le Samourai wrote:Dani, could you describe the basic tenants of AVB's system?

Can only tell you what I saw at Porto, I noticed he changed some things for Chelsea after about 10 games because I assume he noted they cant do what he is asking for.

To make it basic as possible.

Compact lines, which is quite normal nowaday, the first and last lines not much more than 40m apart, if that.

High pressing, especially from the forwards. The midfield arent like Barca, they arent as aggressive. For us, usually we get a midfielder to join the front line when pressing to make it 4 v 4..Porto didnt often do that, they were content in leaving 3 forwards pressing 4 defenders.

The wide players, especially Hulk, they dropped deep and center (imagine the space left of the opponant leftback but deeper and behind and to the right of the deepest centermidfielder) to collect the ball. When this happens, most teams send the rightback flying down the line, Instead, Guarin would run from midfield in between the leftback and centerback (something im sure he picked Ramires to do) and try and get in behind. The rightback stayed quite conservative. This perhaps because Porto's rightbacks at the time (Fucile and Sapanaru) are more conservative. This allowed Alvero Perrier to REALLY get forward, even when the ball wasnt on his side.

Also, when one winger (Hulk, Varela, Rodriquez) had the ball, the opposite winger usually became a second striker in the box. This allowed both Hulk and Varela to score more goals than they ever did in previous seasons (or this season just gone).

He liked one holding mid, with the other two licence to go forward.

Against teams who had great possession play (see the semi or quarter, I forget, vs Villarreal) they pressed even more heavy. Did not want them to get easy possession and control they game, played a ultra high line and really tried to match them. This was to mixed results.

Basically, this was it which wasnt what you might call "standard". Anything more specific you had in mind?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 am

Great link from Red, though Guarin was a heavier feature than Bellushi..but both did similar things (in a different way) anyway.

I did forget to mention the 3 CB system. Fernando does what Busquets does, becomes a centerback when they build up play/ are getting pressed. The centerbacks become fullbacks and the fullbacks become wingers, really pushing them back, opening the pitch out and having numbers at the back to build.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 am

Also in that link, I think it captures how important the role of CM is. Lampard couldnt do it, and with all due respect, I dont think Henderson can either.

It takes a very special, very aware, very smart player to do it. Hard to find.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am

Nah, Red's link is pretty comprehensive.

All I'd say is Shelvey is more suited to the "Moutinhio" role than Henderson is.Gerrard I actually think would be a decent fit in the Belluschi role.

Carrol won't really maximize his advantages , he doesn't attack the goal enough for the system, but perhaps he can learn.

We'd need more scoring from the winger than Varela gave them, Bellamy is great but his knees are suspect.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am

Well, the likes of Borja, Benat, Moutinho would fit that position perfectly.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 23, 2012 12:48 am

If Chelsea failed to get Joao, I would imagine Liverpool would have at least as harder time doing so.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 23, 2012 1:13 am

The Franchise wrote:Also in that link, I think it captures how important the role of CM is. Lampard couldnt do it, and with all due respect, I dont think Henderson can either.

It takes a very special, very aware, very smart player to do it. Hard to find.

For reference, which CM are you referring to, the "guarin" role or the "moutinho" role?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 am

Moutinho, should of said that.

Then again, finding someone filling in that Guarin role, isnt that easy either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 23, 2012 1:34 am

Guarin has been a revelation with what I've seen from him so far

I had him pegged as a more defensively discipline Boateng, of sorts...someone who isn't much more than a physical presence. I thought he might give our midfield a little more bite and add some directness/physicality to our play, but his passing and vision have far exceeded my expectations
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 23, 2012 1:37 am

Henderson is only 21, and I was honestly quite surprised at how much he featured this (just finished) season. I personally believe the plan was for him to be more of an understudy to Gerrard, but with Gerrard's injuries and Liverpool's lack of options wide right, Henderson was forced to play more than intended. I would expect that, should another CM be available, Henderson would again feature as back-up/rotation for Gerrard, especially as he has experience out wide right and can certainly swing in a cross when his confidence is up.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Guarin has been a revelation with what I've seen from him so far

I had him pegged as a more defensively discipline Boateng, of sorts...someone who isn't much more than a physical presence. I thought he might give our midfield a little more bite and add some directness/physicality to our play, but his passing and vision have far exceeded my expectations

Hopefully you will see him unleash one of his incredible shots sooner or later, he has a rocket.

But yeah, im glad, I like him and he was severy underused his last season with Porto.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:49 am

Just imagine Van Gaal doing an interview with Shreeves, or responding to Fergie's digs in media

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 23, 2012 1:52 am

The Franchise wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Guarin has been a revelation with what I've seen from him so far

Hopefully you will see him unleash one of his incredible shots sooner or later, he has a rocket.

But yeah, im glad, I like him and he was severy underused his last season with Porto.

Actually the one criticism of him so far is that he's been a little TOO eager to show off his leg Laughing - He did score one screamer but he shoots too often

His through balls have been eye-opening though - he can really play a final ball
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 am

LOL Yeah, no one will ever excuse him of not shooting enough.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Whelan wrote:"I have just spoken to Roberto," Whelan told Sky Sports News on Friday. "He went yesterday to Miami and had a very constructive meeting with the owner of Liverpool.

"They're going to talk again on Tuesday. They've made Roberto an offer and he has agreed to consider it.

"He is also aware that I have said 'I'd love to keep you but I need a decision by Wednesday or Thursday of next week'.

"If we lose him we've got to move and appoint someone for Wigan Athletic.

"In the meeting I think they've made him an offer and he's said 'what are my responsibilities'.

"These are American owners and the rules and regulations are a bit different from what we English set down.

"Roberto is a seven days a week, 12 hours a day worker and I don't know whether they realise how hard he works.

"He has rules and regulations to be fully in charge of football and I know he won't move anywhere unless he is fully in charge of the football.

"I think he's considering it and I think he'll give it fair consideration."

Asked to clarify whether Martinez is set to become Liverpool's new manager, Whelan added: "I couldn't say that 100% for sure. They have made him an offer, I don't know what that offer is.

"I think he has said thank you for the offer but I only work when I have complete control of football.

"But he's having another meeting with them on Tuesday when he says a decision will be made."

"If he goes to Liverpool we will wish him good luck and get on with the business."

Asked if this meant Wigan are now actively seeking a new manager, Whelan said: "I would never do that until Roberto says one thing or the other. I want desperately to keep Roberto.

"I have said I would like to know one way or the other by next Thursday."
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Dave Whelan certainly loves media attention and talking out his arse.

Liverpool have denied making an offer to Martinez at this time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 25, 2012 6:55 pm

That doesn't mean anything though lol

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 10 Atr83AOCAAABKP6

I suppose Martinez and Henry are just there to see a Heat game or something lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Zealous wrote:That doesn't mean anything though lol

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 10 Atr83AOCAAABKP6

I suppose Martinez and Henry are just there to see a Heat game or something lol
:lol!:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next