the xcx
Zealous
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Swanhends
45 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 11 Empty Re: Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Zealous wrote:That doesn't mean anything though lol

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 11 Atr83AOCAAABKP6

I suppose Martinez and Henry are just there to see a Heat game or something lol
:lol!:

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 11 Empty Re: Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool

Post by Adit Fri May 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Believe it or not, people on rawk are claiming that the picture of Martinez and Henry is a photoshop Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 pm

are they afraid of Martinez taking over Liverpool?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:are they afraid of Martinez taking over Liverpool?

The way they talk is like they are Real Madrid and they are hiring Steve Bruce Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri May 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Martinez made Di Santo look like Cronaldo :bow: Imagine what he'll mold Carroll in to

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Reports: Dalglish out/leaving Liverpool - Page 11 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=198423
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Believe it or not, people on rawk are claiming that the picture of Martinez and Henry is a photoshop Laughing

RAWK LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Rawk on a suicidal mission to prove the photo is fake Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Al-Habsi to Pool :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Lex wrote:Martinez made Di Santo look like Cronaldo :bow: Imagine what he'll mold Carroll in to

I am sorry but Hughton is the only one who can make Carroll look good Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Lex wrote:Martinez made Di Santo look like Cronaldo :bow: Imagine what he'll mold Carroll in to

I am sorry but Hughton is the only one who can make Carroll look good Laughing

Hughton was managing Liverpool in the last month of the season? Pretty sure that was still Kenny, actually.

Also, the photos are real, but that just means they were in talks, not that an offer has been made (which should be obvious, really).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat May 26, 2012 1:10 am

Actually, they were just getting a coffee. I'm sure they were merely debating the merits of light roast versus espresso roast, and soy milk versus creamer.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 am

Why would a team that wants to get back into CL hire a manager that has more losses than wins?

And don't say anything about his squad. Before he took over, Wigan had finished 11th. His goal was to get into the Europa League but has only faced relegation. The likes of Norwich and Swansea this season has showed that if you play the right way you will do well in the league. Not play for 2 months in a whole campaign to stay up. And Wigan's style isn't all that. Hiring Martinez will just shoot ourselves into the foot and see us become an officially mid-table club.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 26, 2012 10:15 am

ynwa wrote:

Why would a team that wants to get back into CL hire a manager that has more losses than wins?

And don't say anything about his squad. Before he took over, Wigan had finished 11th. His goal was to get into the Europa League but has only faced relegation. The likes of Norwich and Swansea this season has showed that if you play the right way you will do well in the league. Not play for 2 months in a whole campaign to stay up. And Wigan's style isn't all that. Hiring Martinez will just shoot ourselves into the foot and see us become an officially mid-table club.

This already happened when you signed Dalglish.

In any case Martinez is a great young coach with the right tools. You don't even watch Wigan games so you look at his stats and make your judgement. Swansea "play the right way" because of Martinez he's the one who set the foundations there. I'd argue that Wigan play just as well on their day, lord knows they have achieved just as many high profile results as Norwich or Swansea.

I don't want Martinez to go to Pool mostly because he'd have to face fans who had no idea what they were talking about. I'm convinced Liverpool would become great if they could implement his ideas but it would take time, time rabid pool fans won't give him.

Last edited by Zealous on Sat May 26, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 am

Liverpool fans are far from Rabid though.

They will support him if he comes.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat May 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Zealous wrote:This already happened when you signed Dalglish.

In any case Martinez is a great young coach with the right tools. You don't even watch Wigan games so you look at his stats and make your judgement. Swansea "play the right way" because of Martinez he's the one who set the foundations there. I'd argue that Wigan play just as well on their day, lord knows they have achieved just as many high profile results as Norwich or Swansea.

I don't want Martinez to go to Pool mostly because he'd have to face fans who had no idea what they were talking about. I'm convinced Liverpool would become great if they could implement his ideas but it would take time, time rabid pool fans won't give him.
Ugh... I guess I have to be serious this time.

(red)
To be honest, I don't see what the correlation is here. Daglish was appointed because he was the popular choice, and doing anything else after the resurgence last season would've lead to even greater unrest than you are seeing now. If you're implying that Daglish isn't capable of more than mid-table, I also disagree. He's a proven champion both as a player, and as a manager. Need I remind you that he is partially responsible for Blackburn's ability to claim a spot as one of the now 5 premier league champions? Moreover, the job he did in getting us to 6th last season after being in the relegation fight in January was absolutely divine. His fate this year was sealed through player performances. If Carroll beds in faster, if Downing plays like he did at Villa, if Kuyt could find the back of the net, if Lucas doesn’t get injured, if Gerrard is fit earlier, if Agger doesn’t get injured in the Carling Cup Final, etc… Granted, we are talking about “ifs and buts,” but any discussion of past seasons will boil down to those things that could’ve been.

[green]
I offer qualified agreement on your evaluation of Martinez. I do believe he could be a diamond in the rough (and that is certainly what FSG are looking for. Ex. They want another Tito Francona). He has shown tactical acumen, and a willingness to try formations and setups that are outside of the box. If that is the manager we get, I’d be fairly pleased. I say fairly pleased, because I have doubts about his ability to recruit the level of talent needed to get back to challenging for the Champions League.

What concerns me about Martinez has nothing to do with what you saw for the last 4-5 months. What concerns me is what you saw for the preceding 4-5 months. In other words, I’m concerned about the Roberto Martinez that got Wigan into the situation he then pulled them out of. You can say all you want to about his tactical abilities in getting them out of the situation. The fact is that he was a completely different manager in the first half of the season. He didn’t fully embrace the revolutionary tactics that are gaining him plaudits until the club was nearly sunk. Despite having tested the system several times the season before, Martinez started the season playing a four-back system. This approach subsequently landed them in the relegation fight.

The concern, for me, is that if Martinez gets the job he could be intimidated by the stage, the supporters, and the expectations that have been thrust upon the club, and subsequently him. I’m worried that in this situation, he might revert to more “tried and true” tactics. In other words, if he’s appointed, I’m worried about him reverting to a “small club” mentality, trying not to lose to big sides and nicking points where we can.

In summary, it’s not that we’re rabid. We have concerns that simply aren’t alleviated by his “pretty football” of the last few months. Liverpool supporters can actually be more intelligent than that. We even remember the first half of the season too. I do, however, agree that Liverpool could benefit from Martinez’s tactics and approach IF (and it’s a big IF) the Martinez that is appointed is the Martinez that got Wigan out of the scrap. He very well could be a diamond in the rough, waiting for a good situation to truly come into his own. However, he could just as easily be a “small club” manager who is an adept escape artist and nothing more.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 pm

BBCSport: Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool manager in the next 48 hours.

This is especially interesting because Sigurdsson has just agreed to join Swansea but not signed any contracts yet.....

Anyone reckon Sigurdsson could put off his move to Swansea until he knows where Rodgers future lies?

Also would Rodgers be a good appointment IYO?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:BBCSport: Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool manager in the next 48 hours.

This is especially interesting because Sigurdsson has just agreed to join Swansea but not signed any contracts yet.....

Anyone reckon Sigurdsson could put off his move to Swansea until he knows where Rodgers future lies?

Also would Rodgers be a good appointment IYO?

Dalglish >>>>>>> Rodgers
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed May 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Poor appointment imo.

Played some great football with Swansea last year, but to give him the reigns of Liverpool after 1 year in the PL is just ridiculous.

Did some research, and his past managerial records with Watford and Reading aren't very great either.

They should have just went all in for Martinez imo
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Amar wrote:Poor appointment imo.

Played some great football with Swansea last year, but to give him the reigns of Liverpool after 1 year in the PL is just ridiculous.

Did some research, and his past managerial records with Watford and Reading aren't very great either.

They should have just went all in for Martinez imo

Well, I don't really want Martinez either.

It's like our owners watched this one season of football and then based their search for a new manager on that only.

But anyway, I will give a fair chance to whoever gets appointed, but sacking Dalglish for these sort of replacements is just plain wrong.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 30, 2012 2:44 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/30/3136920/martinez-turns-down-liverpool-over-plans-for-three-sporting

I appreciate what they are trying to do, but i don't think this will work in football. Unless of course, all of these are just rumours.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Big test for Rodgers. We'll see how good of a manager he really is now. Being manager of LFC is a pressure cooker, a few bad results and the fans are gonna be on his back big time, shouting for Rafa or KD back.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11