Sri
70 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

RvP Contract Talks - Page 10 Empty Re: RvP Contract Talks

Post by Sri Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:37 am

Mudcat wrote:
srigooner wrote:
The worrying trend is, there are always outstanding players who want to leave Arsenal.

But, as I pointed out, outstanding players leave all clubs. Nobody is irreplaceable.

How many outstanding players have left Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich in the same period in which we have seen crucial members of the squad leaving? Start with the time Viera left and count.. I don't want to do it because I am afraid of finding statistical proof confirming my view. Sad The reason I cite these clubs is because they are among the elite we wish to compare ourselves with.

Ofcourse, nobody is irreplaceable. But just for once, wouldn't you prefer having a stable squad right from the start? Instead of having to rebuild from scratch in every other transfer window? Don't you share my opinion that this instability is also a major contributor in our trophy drought?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:46 am

Finally it happened.. F** u our 'true' leader..
Who are u to decide how our club is run ? U are here making this statement only because of us.. If it werent Arsenal you would have ended your career playing for some Wigan, West Ham or some la Liga team.. Thanks for the way you repaid our faith in you over the years..

No player is greater than the club.. Whether he is a leader or not ? And i dont think the Wenger or the board could have done anything more to convince him this early in the summer...
But i still think we will run his contract down.. Atleast he will lose one more year at his peak in his career.. Let it be a lesson for all others...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:50 am

Nah Fab was no saint but he did want to leave two years in a row, I mean two years and despite that, he did well for us those seasons. He kept his head down and did it on the pitch, that's what matters the most as footballer. I don't care if the guy has balls or not, he could be a pussy or maybe, just maybe he's torn between two clubs. You want to see the unprofessional one, look no further than Ade who did *bleep* all his last year at the club.

Here is the difference

1. Fab & RVP have been with us 8 years. Fab played major part in 7 of them, RVP 2.5..
2. Fab was captain for three years, RVP was for one.
3. Fab only target is Barcelona and never put club image at risk to force his move. Xavi or Pique statement are their own doing, not his fault he's friend with *bleep*. It's his hometown club after all. RVP came straight out said the club is not ambitious enough, that might be true but you don't do it on your official website. What will that affect players like Theo or Song, nothing good can come out from that statement full stop.

The only good thing this time is the club reacted early and took precaution with the signing of Podolski and Giroud which proved to be correct move after all.

The target never changes, I don't remember see one fan badmouth Fab, it's Nasri all along.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:15 am

>Before the Fab sale you really didn't show any initiative.

>Barca is his hometown club and it has alot of sentimental and nostalgic value.He just won a world cup and a Euro with that core group of players and ever since he was 14 years old he was promised by Pep that he would be the new number 4 of Barca. He's also best friends with Messi.

>He paid his dues , he tried his best to win a title for sevral years and came close on sevral occasions, in the CL getting very unlucky in 06 after really stepping up against legends like Zidane and Viera himself in the CL and playing well in the final.

>He left as cordially as he possibly could , buying gifts for all his teammates, alerting Arsenal owners of this , always being direct and up front with them about what he intended to do, all in all acting like a captain.

>He never insulted the club, and he remains a loyal fan.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:22 am

Left cordially?? He took a f*cking paycut to leave us. How the hell can people still defend him??

F*ck him, too. All this "boyhood club" and "Pep promised me head in the locker rooms when i'm older" bollocks
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:04 am

And for all this boyhood club love and Euro/WC team mate love, he SIGNED A CONTRACT till 2015 and had a Golden Handcuffs payment of 5 million pounds, which he returned to the club because he left without fulfilling his contract commitments. He was 23 when he left, which is not close to end of career or even the peak of it.

And he is a better man than RvP, who lead the team on the pitch, spoke directly and honestly (I HOPE) off it, and is on the last season of his contract, at a critical age of 29.

Apples and oranges. Stop comparing.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:11 am

If we selling to Man City I want players in return Dzeko and another player would be fine.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 am

I have been reading all over the net and this one is one of the best ones about RVP.
From arsenal-mania.
Don't give a **** anymore, doesn't matter to me where he plays, seeing him play anywhere will be the same as seeing Nasri play. He can **** the **** off.

Won't lie about it, this doesn't come unexpected. However, the way he announces it is, and frankly it's disgusting.
Arsenal.com reacted on his announcement with just a short message, probably announced it unilaterally too the hypocrite.

Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

"Huge respect" **** right off, if Wenger and the club had the same views as you in "moving forward" you'd long be plying your trade at Portsmouth or Bolton. Perma-crock for most his time here, has a first decent one and a half years here and he starts spouting **** about the club, and that "financial terms are not his priority at all".

This club is bigger than him. We've lost players bigger than him and were off better afterwards, and we'll do it again.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:22 am

I'm totally for keeping Van Persie until his contract runs out. However unprofessional that statement might have been, I still believe he's a leader on the pitch. There's many positives to not selling him despite all this.

By keeping him, it would give us a great shot at challenging for the title. Our attack would be even better with Podolski and Giroud taking the load off him, and it would give the new attackers some much needed time to settle into the EPL.

Also, if we eventually do well and actually mount a significant challenge, he might even stay. I think if he can give it his all on the pitch, the fans will move past this bullshit.

But most importantly, it sends out a message to other clubs we won't be fecked around with and will make sure our players will honour their contracts. The Tevez situation might be a tad different, but you got to applaud the way they played hardball with him and other clubs who showed interest in him.

However, looking at the situation realistically, a financially prudent club such as ours would never allow this to happen and its something we can't really afford. I guess the only positive we can take is that at least this year we were faced with the problem early on and not a couple weeks before the window closed.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 am

srigooner wrote:
Mudcat wrote:
srigooner wrote:
The worrying trend is, there are always outstanding players who want to leave Arsenal.

But, as I pointed out, outstanding players leave all clubs. Nobody is irreplaceable.

How many outstanding players have left Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich in the same period in which we have seen crucial members of the squad leaving? Start with the time Viera left and count.. I don't want to do it because I am afraid of finding statistical proof confirming my view. Sad The reason I cite these clubs is because they are among the elite we wish to compare ourselves with.

Ofcourse, nobody is irreplaceable. But just for once, wouldn't you prefer having a stable squad right from the start? Instead of having to rebuild from scratch in every other transfer window? Don't you share my opinion that this instability is also a major contributor in our trophy drought?

David Beckham, Juan Veron, Diego Forlan, Ruud Van Nistleroy, Roy Keane, Gabriel Heinze, Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo were all sold by Manchester United to other clubs between 2004 and 2009. They managed to survive.

Also, your argument is inconsistent. Patrick Vieira did not leave because of any trophy drought (a year after The Invincibles). He left because Cesc Fabregas was replacing him and he became injury prone and expendable. Pires left because he was 33 and no longer a first-team player. Ashley Cole left for money. Thierry Henry thought it was time to move on for a number of reasons. And several guys took big money to go to Manchester City.

As for Van Persie, he can complain about a lack of trophies all he wants, but the truth is that he was a big part of the problem. Arsene Wenger stuck with him even though season after season he would injure himself just as he finally seemed to be rounding into form. After Adebayor took the money and ran, Wenger built the front line around Van Persie, who could not stay healthy until this year -- a year when almost everyone who would have been a regular in the lineup missed significant time with injury. Of course Van Persie didn't injure himself on purpose, but maybe if he hadn't been so fragile Arsenal might have won something.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:24 am

Legend wrote:Gary Neville one RVP: "Only a passenger on a ship remember! The ship will always be there!!"
i like him..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:24 am

Just take the money and vigorously try to get Higuain. Problem solved.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:25 am

I think we all may be wrong here about him going to Shity, I have a feeling he will go to Chelsea and so will Walcott.RvP Contract Talks - Page 10 94PvO
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:34 am

srigooner wrote:And for all this boyhood club love and Euro/WC team mate love, he SIGNED A CONTRACT till 2015 and had a Golden Handcuffs payment of 5 million pounds, which he returned to the club because he left without fulfilling his contract commitments. He was 23 when he left, which is not close to end of career or even the peak of it.

And he is a better man than RvP, who lead the team on the pitch, spoke directly and honestly (I HOPE) off it, and is on the last season of his contract, at a critical age of 29.

Apples and oranges. Stop comparing.

Apples and oranges indeed.

Fab at 23 did a lots more than RVP at 29, what's that to say about RVP. In your words, he spoke directly and honestly on and off the field; in mine, he spoke like a douchebag which did significant damage to the club who still has contract with him.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:38 am

Twoism wrote:Raptor! At the end of the day, people who's hurt the most are the fans. The boards will come back to their cozy mansion, wipe their asses with the money and brag about how awesome they run this club. RVP will *bleep* off to some sugar daddy club, win some trophy then eventually lose his soul. We the fans are stuck here, don't know wtf is going on, blame left and right, head on to another rocky season with hope which inevitably lead to the usual disappointment. Such deja vu, such vicious cycle.
you missed the man.. Wenger.. What will he do ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:07 am

Sorry guys about RVP.........shame on your management I thought Wenger would be able to convince him to stay
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:16 am

I've been out for the last 12 hours but I managed to catch this news on my phone...

Dear RVP,

You made my little brother cry. I was out with my girlfriend when I read your announcement on your decision to not renew your contract and had I not been, I very well may have had to fight back some tears of my own. As much as you've done over the last year for this club, the fact of the matter is that this club has done more for you over the last 8 whether you'd like to acknowledge that or hide behind the paper thin shell of a year of world class play.

Up until this point, your refusal to renew your contract was widely interpreted as different things such as a demand for a raise, a desire to succeed elsewhere, or even an attempt to change the ways of Wenger and the ever-unreachable board. You've made it ever so clear that money was not your motivating factor because if it was you would quickly be on the fastest flight to the blue side of Manchester so that means your strike had to be a bid to change the policies of Wenger and the board. If this was your aim then you actually forced them to in anticipation of your departure which was fueled by a desire to win elsewhere.

But how will those trophies feel? How will the extra padding in your bank and the medals here and there that aren't guaranteed feel? Would you rather win them somewhere where the work had put in place before your arrival so all you needed to do was your job rather than put in the extra effort of being a leader? Will you lift those trophies as highly in front of fans who have only just greeted you? Will they feel as earned as they would have in front of the fans who loved you while you were on the bench?

I've always maintained respect for the way you conducted your business in not gloating about leaving and not saying anything about it other than 'we'll see's but I can't honestly say I agree with you or don't hate what you've done. Best of luck to you wherever you go but I can promise you this. No trophy you could ever win with your new club would ever feel as fulfilling as winning it with Arsenal, whether you believed it possible or just gave up.

Never mind we'll find someone like you. (Giroud)

Sorry for the long post. I'm really tired and had this brewing all day.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:52 am

i said it before, this is just a small stumbling stone in a bigger path to our destination. yes its brands our club as not ambitious and u guys say we should have bought world class players to convince him to stay. but my question is who is better than rvp should we have bought? Messi? Ciarra7? in him we already had a world class player. world class CB, arteta was in the top five best passers last season, walcott had more assists than a lot of 'Proven' players. we have world class wilshere coming back. we just cant talk about Song's inch perfect assists. what i think is he knows he myt be a flop ths season and he wants a legendary status at the club. much like why drogba left chelsea, he had done it all. my question is what is a world class players
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:37 am

And why are these players taking ugly and easy routes to win trophies.. Learn their trade in one club and join the Chelseas, Inters and Cities..
Whats the pride in winning such trophies..
And seeing RVPs committment and dedication i cant think how can he do this the next season...
I thought we will run down his contract.. But after this i fear it may do more harm than good...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:16 am

Don't worry guys..

with Giroud and Poldi.. al we need is Song, Gerv, theo and Ox to keep doing what they do best..

we won't feel RVP's departure one bit
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:26 am

Walcott maybe going as well. He has one year left on his contract and is stalling.
Anyways arsenal will need to sign one player this summer capable of replacing RVP or Fabregas.
In the beginning of the season we will be without Ramsey and wilshere for sure, that just leaves arteta,song and rosicky as first team CMs. And our first few matches are no easy.

Maybe we could give man city RVP and take 10million and adebayor in return Razz
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:37 am

we don't need to do any replacing

look at Yanited after losing Ronaldo. no replacement was made, they just made the team play a whole lot better, changed their style

its the plastics that call for replacement

saw this awesome quote on arsenal-mania
This is actually easier than most think.

A) Show some damn dignity and pride and ignore this punk and sell his ass.

B) Show some grit in the transfer window, buy a star replacement Striker and if we can a CAM and restore some buzz about the club and boost team and fan morale.

C) In the future do what Man U do and if a player shows contempt or shows he's not committed get him out pronto while his contract is lengthy enough to demand a top fee, replace them with the money and forget them.

If we take these steps especially the first two in a month we could be non worse for wear and be looking forward to the season again!

If we don't last transfer seasons protests may seem like a picnic and Wenger will have to write two books not one!
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Manu had nani as a replacement, and then got valencia and then young last summer. The fact is podolski will probably play in place of arshavin who seems to be going as well and if giroud plays as CF with RVP gone we will have chamakh as the only replacement.
We have lost fabregas who is irreplacable as a talent, big mouth nasri, and now RVP. we should get atleast one player of there calibre unless we want to see a repeat of last season.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Seriously I don't care what will happen with van Persie I just hope (if) Arsenal sell him to PSG or Juventus and not to an EPL club. Than go buy another forward like Hulk, Falcao or Higuain. Enough is enough.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:03 pm

You just mentioned three forwards that aren't even available.

We've already signed his replacement.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:16 pm

How are Hulk and Falcao not avalaible? Chelsea were close signing Hulk but didn't agree on the fee and the player himself said that he wants to join the Premier League this year, as for Falcao Atletico Madrid will accept a good offer cause from what I've read they have some financial problems, they would sell him even that they just signed him last year.

Also Giroud is not enough if Arsenal are going to compete for glory. Our squad is nothing better than last years and we will again fight for 4th place unfortunately if nothing changes.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next