Twoism
Sri
70 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

RvP Contract Talks - Page 20 Empty Re: RvP Contract Talks

Post by DiRocco Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Blues turn down big Juventus bid for striker Dzeko

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-reject-a-156m-offer-1165374

------------------------
LOL at RVP.

No one here actually believes this right? Please tell me you sarcastically posted this.

DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/08/02/3282370/arsenal-pursuit-of-cazorla-sahin-prompts-shift-in-van

Keep calm and believe.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Are you serious? That's one of the most ridiculous articles I've read in my life.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:54 pm

I agree its ridiculous and lol.com.

But its something I want to believe Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:54 pm

I hope he stays..You'd have a beastly team with Cazorla and sahin additions.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:11 pm

me too..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:14 pm

I dont think you would find a Gunner that is against RVP staying as long as he is committed to the club.

I could have made up a better story than Goal.com
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I dont think you would find a Gunner that is against RVP staying as long as he is committed to the club.

I could have made up a better story than Goal.com

This!

Of course I'd like a team with van Persie, Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski and Sahin but I don't see this happening. I think Arsenal will sell him regardless his intentions.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Anything less than a contract extension or committal of his future to us and it's not worth keeping him for the year.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Wenger said something about Giroud and Podolski not being ready for the first match(es) of the season. I like Chamakh but can't see him leading the front for the first games so I'm all in for RVP staying, even if it makes Chamakh leave. What about his captaincy though? hmm
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:41 pm

hmm good question

wonder what will wenger do
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:44 pm

srigooner wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/08/02/3282370/arsenal-pursuit-of-cazorla-sahin-prompts-shift-in-van

Keep calm and believe.
u turn.. possible... Shocked
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Found an awesome video on RVP..After watching this video maybe you lot can start loving him again :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Great find Surag..It really saddens me to see such a figure leave this club..I want to believe that our recent transfer activity will convince him to stay and sign that damn contract RvP Contract Talks - Page 20 2276801876
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 am

I was just thinking about how pathetic this saga is and how awful it's made RVP look. Surely he would have fancied a move to Juventus but now with their manager possibly facing a 15-month ban he's got cold feet, United won't offer a good price and he would destroy his legacy by moving to City. Has he burned his bridges with the fans.

I'm gonna be honest, I'd love it if he signed an extension with us and his statement was spun as a way of getting the club to spend, but I just don't see it happening.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 am

MJGunner wrote:I was just thinking about how pathetic this saga is and how awful it's made RVP look. Surely he would have fancied a move to Juventus but now with their manager possibly facing a 15-month ban he's got cold feet, United won't offer a good price and he would destroy his legacy by moving to City. Has he burned his bridges with the fans.

I'm gonna be honest, I'd love it if he signed an extension with us and his statement was spun as a way of getting the club to spend, but I just don't see it happening.

He really showed his true color, any team that is willing to spend 70m on a 29 year old injure prone player that has no honer must be freaking crazy. I dont think even City would take him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 am

All this is what happens when you leave things to an agent. Van Persie may well and truly want to leave, but he left things to his agent who saw the need to create some elaborate ploy in order to create a favourable situation for his client. However, it backfired because none of the interested parties want to go the extra mile to sign him.

Or, as inconceivable as this is to me, he could be doing a "Rooney". I like to think that the signings we've made were done not to appease van Persie, but to genuinely strengthen irrespective of what he wants. We were, after all, proactive and signed two forwards before this whole saga even began and Cazorla's signing was opportunism at its finest.

Whatever his intentions are, the only way I see this going now is that he'll see out the remainder of his contract. It seems the club is aware that getting rid of him is going to be far too hard without lowering the asking price, which is why they seem to be planning on taking him to Germany next week with the rest of the team. If he's going to stick around, may as well use him, right?

Perhaps I'm reading too much into things, but the club doesn't seem too fussed about getting a fee for van Persie. If we were, we surely would have lowered our asking price. But we haven't. The ball is still in the courts of Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:28 am

But but but.. I want him to come out with a statement saying he is proud to be a gunner and resign a contract Sad

I have maintained that in this case, I am willing to put all sense of logic, realism and thought processes aside, and look at the situation like a teary eyed 4 year old sitting locked up in the bedroom hoping his parents are going to salvage their marriage and everything will be rosy and wonderful again.

I believed in RvP. He was who I looked up to for hope, right through the season. Nothing apart from that statement suggested he was going to leave. I don't want to know how realistic or borderline pessimistic others are. I want to believe, against my own better judgement, for some good left in the world of football, even if it means that I look like an utter fool in the process.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 am

srigooner wrote:But but but.. I want him to come out with a statement saying he is proud to be a gunner and resign a contract Sad

I have maintained that in this case, I am willing to put all sense of logic, realism and thought processes aside, and look at the situation like a teary eyed 4 year old sitting locked up in the bedroom hoping his parents are going to salvage their marriage and everything will be rosy and wonderful again.

I believed in RvP. He was who I looked up to for hope, right through the season. Nothing apart from that statement suggested he was going to leave. I don't want to know how realistic or borderline pessimistic others are. I want to believe, against my own better judgement, for some good left in the world of football, even if it means that I look like an utter fool in the process.

We all want to think like that but dad really needs to tell mom he loves her and renew their marriage otherwise we the kids will only resent him more and more. Just do it dad, tell us it's gonna be okay, tell us you still love each other, tell us it's not our fault, tell us you'll never leave. Lie to us. Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:44 am

No MJ. No more lies. Honesty, even if it is absolutely gut wrenching.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 am

srigooner wrote:No MJ. No more lies. Honesty, even if it is absolutely gut wrenching.

*Deep shaky sigh* Okay. Honestly though there's such an annoying cloud of BS surrounding RVP. Everything about his play last season, his professionalism and his attitude now contradict his statement. We need clarity.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:04 am

MJGunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:No MJ. No more lies. Honesty, even if it is absolutely gut wrenching.

*Deep shaky sigh* Okay. Honestly though there's such an annoying cloud of BS surrounding RVP. Everything about his play last season, his professionalism and his attitude now contradict his statement. We need clarity.

Not just on the pitch, but him and Bouchra off the pitch too! I had more respect for them and their ability to keep the players together like a family was crucial. Even his father and Bouchra spoke about how they are well settled in London and the kids go to a proper English school rather than some snazzy international school, and what not.

No point going over these details actually. Would just make what looks inevitable much harder to accept. As PHW put it, I just can't understand RvP.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 am

Be my right-hand Van: Rooney eager for "great" link-up with "amazing" RvP

United have had a £15million bid for van Persie rejected, with Arsenal holding out for a bigger fee for their captain and star striker,

Sir Alex Ferguson has put pressure on Arsenal to make their minds up over van Persie, with the start of the new season just a week away.

And United striker Rooney said he would welcome van Persie’s arrival at Old Trafford and believes the pair could form an effective partnership.

“Of course he’s a player that I admire,” said Rooney.

“He’s a fantastic player, he’s been amazing for Arsenal over many years.

“Last season was probably his best season of all, he scored a lot of goals.

“If he does come here he would be a great addition to the squad.”

Asked if he and van Persie could play together, Rooney said: “I’d like to think so - but you’d have to ask the manager about that.

“There’s a lot of forwards here already with myself, [Danny] Welbeck, Chicharito and [Dimitar] Berba, who’s still here.

“So there’s a lot of forwards fighting for a place.”

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:15 am

Manchester United chief executive David Gill steps in to oversee move for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie

United have been rebuffed with bids of £10million and £15million for the Dutch striker but manager Alex Ferguson has said the club will “just have to persevere” with their attempts to sign the 29 year-old.

Van Persie has told the club that he wants to leave and would prefer to join United rather than Juventus. In his 16 years at the club, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has never sold a player to his rival Ferguson and wants Van Persie, who scored 30 Premier League goals last season, to go abroad if he is to leave rather than join an English rival.

But if Manchester United increase their bid in excess of £20million a deal is likely to be brokered this weekend between Gill, 56, and Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis.

Both are on the English FA’s Professional Game Board and the FA Council. Gill was in London this week to help drum up additional support at an Manchester United investor roadshow hosted by lead adviser Jefferies Group Inc. United kicked off their stock market flotation yesterday before listed on the New York Stock Exchange today.

Arsenal have been unusually busy in the transfer marker this summer, landing Spain winger Santi Cazorla, France striker Olivier Giroud and Germany forward Lukas Podolski, a trio who joined the club for a combined outlay estimated at nearly £40 million. They may be looking to recoup some of that spending by selling van Persie.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 pm

20 million is not something you can turn down from a business and financial point of view. Maybe RVP will pull a berbatov and fail to live up to the hype.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Everytime someone posts in this thread I get my hopes up. No
Man Utd is one of the worst options for him from a carrier and as an Arsenal hero's point of view. Seeing him in those ugly Man Utd kits will make me puke. pale
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next