Who is Champions League player of the season ?

+43
The Franchise
alexjanosik
fatman123
dostoevsky
che
rwo power
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
kiranr
Swanhends
stunt
Margera
Valkyrja
Mamad
EarlyPrototype
crius73
la bestia negra
billionmillion
Neutral
BarcaKizz
Milan31
Mr_Puyol
McAgger
Gomez83
Abramovich
Khaled
Harmonica
S32TABLANCA
Le Samourai
TalkingReckless
Albiceleste
Babun
Senor Penguin
iNFINITY9910
The Messiah
RebaƱo Sagrado
Adit
harhar11
Ganso
vivabarca38
urbaNRoots
guest7
S
47 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who is Champions League player of the season ?

Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap16%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 14 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap46%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 39 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap13%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 11 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 6 ]
Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 85

Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who is Champions League player of the season ?

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 1:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:Drogba for many games didnt do anything, he scored 2 crucial goals but he gave away 2 pens.

Whaaaaat? The same Drogba that bossed vs. Valencia, Napoli, Barca and now Bayern?

These 4 teams were the ones they needed the win to qualify aswell.

Especially Napoli. He was immense against them.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who is Champions League player of the season ? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who is Champions League player of the season ?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Bhends Cole didnt play RB he played LB and Bertrand LW

As Dani pointed out Cole was trash before the 2nd leg against Barca being at fault for the goal is not why he cant be best player its because he's been crap the majority of the season.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Petr Cech was the best player, closely followed by Messi then Drogba, and then come the rest.

Cech made some unbelievable saves in the CL this season.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 20, 2012 1:27 pm

deadrave wrote:champions league player of the season should be chelsea player

dont care if messi or ronaldo scored 30 goals before getting eliminated, it wasnt enough to assure the qualification of your team in order to maintain the title

By that logic you could also deny man of the match to a player who carries his team in a final, scores a hat-trick, but is on the losing team.

The player of the tournament shouldn't be judged on whether he won, but whether he was the best player. Simply because it is usually a player on the winning team doesn't mean it should always be awarded to the winning team's star.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:Why should it be a Chelsea player? Makes no sense.

They won, because they had the best team, not best player.

Actually, they didnt have the best team either really but thats not the point.

Chelsea relied on the team, not individuals.

Because its very difficult to call someone the "best player" in a competition that their team didn't win...Just feels wrong (in my opinion, at least)

I of course see where you and Dostoevsky are coming from, I'm just not sure I agree with it
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 pm

It's not about logic.

Look at every team that has won the CL and then look who won best player. It's the custom, best player goes to the best player of the winning team.

EDIT: Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Club_Footballer_of_the_Year

The only player to break the mold was Ronaldo in 98.

Last edited by Zealous on Sun May 20, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Zealous wrote:It's not about logic.

Look at every team that has won the CL and then look who won best player. It's the custom, best player goes to the best player of the winning team.

Isn't this about who we (GoalLegacy) think was the best player? Not UEFA. I thought we criticised Fifa and UEFA enough... no need to subscribe to their dumb logic.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 20, 2012 1:33 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Why should it be a Chelsea player? Makes no sense.

They won, because they had the best team, not best player.

Actually, they didnt have the best team either really but thats not the point.

Chelsea relied on the team, not individuals.

Because its very difficult to call someone the "best player" in a competition that their team didn't win...Just feels wrong (in my opinion, at least)

I of course see where you and Dostoevsky are coming from, I'm just not sure I agree with it

Hey, I voted for Cech. Razz

I see where Dani is coming from and I agree that the convention of awarding the best player award to a winner shouldn't be applied dogmatically, however I couldn't recall too many points against Cech and he was a truly vital player in the key moments, so I felt his selection was justified. I would require an incredible effort compared from an eventual loser to overshadow an important and consistent member of the victorious team.

Last edited by dostoevsky on Sun May 20, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Se7en wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Drogba for many games didnt do anything, he scored 2 crucial goals but he gave away 2 pens.

Whaaaaat? The same Drogba that bossed vs. Valencia, Napoli, Barca and now Bayern?

Confusing scoring a goal with bossed.

As I said, gave away 2 pens...both of which should of knocked his team out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Dont make any sense to me.

Must be apply the silly NBA MVP logic even here?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 1:36 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Dont make any sense to me.

Must be apply the silly NBA MVP logic even here?

Yes :lucas :
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun May 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Dosto wrote:I would require an incredible effort [...] from an eventual loser .

Exactly, couldn't have said it better
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 1:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Se7en wrote:

Not true at all. In all of these 4 games I tought he was carrying Chelsea's attack all by himself while still defending very well, and on top of that he was almost always marked by 4 men.

You've Valencia and Napoli, two important games where he was a complete monster.

I didn't watch the Benefica game though, but if I remember correctly he scored there aswell? I don't know how his performance was, so you can judge that game.

You've to admit that "he didn't do anything" is very wrong. He did alot. Was very instrumental to their CL victory and gave away 2 pens that weren't even pens to start with in my opinion.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun May 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Buffon won the award but lost the CL final in 2003.

Btw, I disagree with the logic that the best player should be on the winning team. In this instance Cech deserves it, but say if Gomez went on a roll and scored a hattrick last night but Bayern still lost, he'd be the undoubted best MVP imo.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Se7en wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Se7en wrote:

Not true at all. In all of these 4 games I tought he was carrying Chelsea's attack all by himself while still defending very well, and on top of that he was almost always marked by 4 men.

You've Valencia and Napoli, two important games where he was a complete monster.

I didn't watch the Benefica game though, but if I remember correctly he scored there aswell? I don't know how his performance was, so you can judge that game.

You've to admit that "he didn't do anything" is very wrong. He did alot. Was very instrumental to their CL victory and gave away 2 pens that weren't even pens to start with in my opinion.

Marked by 4 men.I think you are confusing him with Messi.Sometimes it was more than 4 as against Chelsea.
Drogba was not marked when he played against us.As can be evidenced by the goal he scored at Stamford Bridge against us.
Please dont make up facts to suit your argument.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 2:11 pm

7amood11 wrote:

Buffon won the award but lost the CL final in 2003.

Btw, I disagree with the logic that the best player should be on the winning team. In this instance Cech deserves it, but say if Gomez went on a roll and scored a hattrick last night but Bayern still lost, he'd be the undoubted best MVP imo.

Well still that doesn't change the overall theme, the best player on the winning team usually wins the award. I don't know whether it'll be different this year and it doesn't really matter whether any of us agree with it or not.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun May 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Men become blind in love... Some are in love with some players. Don't blame em. Smile
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun May 20, 2012 3:28 pm

i agree that there are many points of view in which regard someone as player of the season
but the most important is the one which leads the team to the trophy - ultimate price/target
and it doesnt necesserly depend on the team as a unit
many individuals had stong impact to the tournament's most important games

for example everything drogba did was more than needed for the title winning same insists with cech
on the other hand everything ronaldo/messi did wasnt enough

we are talking about individual quality which its most important part is leading the team to the win aka the title win
messi ronaldo had more than enough tools to exploit their talent in order to lead their team to victory but they failed

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun May 20, 2012 3:34 pm

but as i said before since chelsea didnt actually "win" bayern since the game was decided in penalties
therefore it wouldn't be wrong naming a bayern player best of the CL season

imo always

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun May 20, 2012 5:16 pm

The logic being used by some in this thread is truly hilarious 'you can't be the best individual performer if your team didnt win the final' :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun May 20, 2012 5:27 pm

messi is the champions league player of the season

HAPPY?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun May 20, 2012 5:36 pm

deadrave wrote:messi is the champions league player of the season

HAPPY?

im not Clubber
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Between Drogba, Cech and Messi.

I personally think it was Drogba though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2012 6:01 pm

I think Drogba just like Milito might win UEFA club footballer of the year(I highly doubt that lol ,Messi might win it again)

But what i'm sure of is he wont be in the nominees list for Ballon D'Or.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun May 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Surag wrote:I think Drogba just like Milito might win UEFA club footballer of the year(I highly doubt that lol ,Messi might win it again)

But what i'm sure of is he wont be in the nominees list for Ballon D'Or.

Not the same situation

For all the good he did in the CL, especially the later rounds...he finished this season with 12 goals in all comps lol - Torres has 11
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun May 20, 2012 6:39 pm

too much knee jerk in this thread, drogba is not even top-10 in this CL campaign. Maybe Chekch deserves a mention
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum