urbaNRoots
McAgger
vizkosity
54 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Torres - Page 5 Empty Re: Torres

Post by Brady2Moss Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Why is Torres getting critizied? In the time he was on he exposed th Italian defense, they couldn't live with him. I don't want to hear anyone say those were easy chances, the fact Buffon didn't go down for the 1st chance put him off, it actually surprised because i was sure he would go down. 2nd chance he should have passed to Navas but people implying it was a tap in please, i'd like to see you score that.

Why is Torres being criticized? umm, i dunno, maybe its got something to do with the fact is that he is a striker who can do all things but SCORE goals. Last time I checked, a striker's job was to score goals. So, what good is Torres if he can't even do that? Getting into goal scoring positions? Heck, even Heskey can do that.

Given the striking options in the Spain's squad, I do not blame Del Bosque one bit for playing without a striker.

Torres- useless
Llorente- useless
Negredo- waterboy

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Movement and intelligence are wonderful traits on any player that shouldn't be taken lightly. However, Torres' primary job, the one that made him cost 50 million Euros, is scoring goals and yes, those 2 chances were really good ones that he spurned big time. Even Don Vicente looked frustrated.

One can try to spin it as much as possible but Torres is at fault in this one and deserves the criticism really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:34 pm

RedOranje wrote:
lszanto wrote:Heh, this guy get so much hate. Spain were horrid for 75 minutes then he comes on and actually creates chances and runs? Oh what a terrible player!

Go bash RVP for his performance against Denmark, looked like he was blind and drunk.
RvP made his chances, and only spurned one very good opportunity. He deserves no more flaming than Torres, at the moment.

Okay. RVP was twice played in by Sneijder when he was 1 on 1 but his poor first touch messed up both. In no way he did make those chances,he was spoon fed by Sneijder.

RVP's chances -
1) took a pass on the right side with his left foot which let the ball go far too wide and the shot was straight at the keeper.
2) one timer from about level with the spot from the left side goes to the left of the net without a deflection
3) completely misses the ball from the left side
4) running into the box he passes across to Robben once the passing lane is completely gone. Meanwhile could have easily scored if he had actually shot the ball at any point in that run. Good strikers score from those opportunities.
5) turned his defender and went to the right, then pulled the shot miles wide of the far post
those are the ones I remember anyways, there could've been more
BTW all those chances happened inside the box

Apart from that he got a shot after the Sneijder pass to Hunter but he should have atleast got the ball a yard away when the GK was out & the goal was in sight,he shot into the GK's chest with him lying down.

We have done this to death. But I feel he had 2 1 on 1's & atleast 4 Half Chances. Half a dozen chances should have resulted in 2 goals atleast. RVP is supposed to be great,not Torres like in his finishing.

Apart from that his positioning play was Hideous. Half the time he was in DM or LB cover position when there was no need & Sneijder had no to pass to from a threatening positioning. The formation got converted to a 4-6-0.

Huntelaar should have scored in the 1 chance he got. But somone getting 1st choice status,playing as a starter in training & friendlies & starting the match & someone being repeatedly treated unfairly & being used as a SUB when everyone takes the match as shooting excersize is not a fair comparison.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Lmao, of course the fans cant do better than Torres, but there are better Spanish strikers who are sitting at home because VDB preferred Fernandont Scorres and Negredo :facepalm:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Maybe if they started Torres he would have been much more productive and would have created a host of chances.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Guys, Torres had 3 chances. 2 of them 100 percent and created for him, he screwed against almost an empty net.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:Lmao, of course the fans cant do better than Torres, but there are better Spanish strikers who are sitting at home because VDB preferred Fernandont Scorres and Negredo :facepalm:

Well don't criticise him when he created those opportunities. Maybe, once you and the rest learn what intelligence means, then you would understand what Torres actually offers to this side.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Guys, Torres had 3 chances. 2 of them 100 percent and created for him, he screwed against almost an empty net.

I hate this forum.

Where did hell did he get 3 chances from? and he never had an open net ffs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Gil wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:Guys, Torres had 3 chances. 2 of them 100 percent and created for him, he screwed against almost an empty net.

I hate this forum.

Where did hell did he get 3 chances from? and he never had an open net ffs.

This forum brings out the best in those who post such nonsense intentionally.

Just leave it, man, you won't get them to change their flawed opinions...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm

II Capitano wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:Lmao, of course the fans cant do better than Torres, but there are better Spanish strikers who are sitting at home because VDB preferred Fernandont Scorres and Negredo :facepalm:

Well don't criticise him when he created those opportunities. Maybe, once you and the rest learn what intelligence means, then you would understand what Torres actually offers to this side.

Dude, the purpose of being a striker is not creating opportunities. When you have the most creative midfield ever assembled in history behind you, you have to SCORE GOALS, not miss easy chances and then be proud because you created them.

Oh cry me a river, you guys hate this forum. Nobody is forcing you to post here you know, the door is wide open.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:
II Capitano wrote:

Dude, the purpose of being a striker is not creating opportunities. When you have the most creative midfield ever assembled in history behind you, you have to SCORE GOALS, not miss easy chances and then be proud because you created them.

Oh cry me a river, you guys hate this forum. Nobody is forcing you to post here you know, the door is wide open.

Well done, it's not like I knew that or anything. You're forgetting that the chances Torres received weren't clear-cut. Case closed. Stop trying to make it out to be as though Torres was at fault and that he cost Spain.

50% Warning Level. You have more of a chance of leaving than I.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:50 am

torres is finished. i saw it at his last season in liverpool. diva attitude + crap form = finished. and now it's 2 seasons later and he's 100x worse
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:16 pm

II Capitano wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:
II Capitano wrote:

Well done, it's not like I knew that or anything. You're forgetting that the chances Torres received weren't clear-cut. Case closed. Stop trying to make it out to be as though Torres was at fault and that he cost Spain.

50% Warning Level. You have more of a chance of leaving than I.

I didnt say that. I said that Torres performed badly and there are much better options sitting at home. You must have done so well in your reading comprehensions at school.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:17 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Maybe if they started Torres he would have been much more productive and would have created a host of chances.

Torres - Page 5 Nxkih3.jpg

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:27 pm

[quote="S32TABLANCA"]Lmao, of course the fans cant do better than Torres, but there are better Spanish strikers who are sitting at home because VDB preferred d]]Fernandont Scorres[/b] and Negredo :facepalm

Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Torres had 2 real chances that could have swung the tide in Spain's favour. The first one was a one v one with Buffon where he took the wrong option (Buffon moved to his right first in which Torres followed suit) and the 2nd one with Buffon off his line and he neither hit the target nor found the open man in Navas.

If this were league play or UCL group stages, I could assume he wouldn't have received so much flack. However, because there is little room for error in the Euros (just 3 games in the group stages), such things gets magnified ten fold.

I personally found his off the ball running and touches were good and who knows, maybe if he came on at an earlier time, he would have been more sharp. But as a forward, you are judged mainly from your goals and finishing capabilities and Torres messed up with that one. Also, Llorente and the stay at home striker Soldado are quite capable of doing all those "intelligent" plays one speaks of...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:12 am

I really really think Torres can answer his critics.....its like any moment he will explode with goals, its just so nearly nearly everything for so long.... one he does he will be fine....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:23 pm

And he did what he is suppose to do for quite sometime and maybe he might continue (or not). That is score. Good game from him...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I really really think Torres can answer his critics.....its like any moment he will explode with goals, its just so nearly nearly everything for so long.... one he does he will be fine....

+1

You were so right eco smile
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Most people proved wrong. Movement and intelligence helps you a lot, proved to be pivotal today. Good performance.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Only Ireland.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Indeed, it's only Ireland (despite being sarcastic, I think you have a slight point unintentionally) but the Spanish goat redeemed himself from the 1st game and didn't let down Don Vicente who I think really believes in Torres. Way more than Gil, Torres' mother and Chelsea fans combined...

Edit: Forget the only Ireland nonsense I wrote, it's the f-ing European Championships, it's 2 goals he got and 3 points won. Great for him and Spain...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Torres to abuse Croatia next :bow: He is Back!!! He just needs to start
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Though it's just Ireland, Torres doing what Ronaldo can't Laughing
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm a huge huge Torres fan, but it is only Ireland. He finished his chances and I hope he keeps doing it, however I prefer him to do it when it's Torres time in the knockouts.

He usually comes alive then...

He's actually playing better than he was in 08 during the group stages.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5