Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory

3 posters

Go down

Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory  Empty Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory

Post by DeviAngel Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

President Andrea Agnelli has confirmed Juventus consider this to be their 30th Scudetto and “it’s never too early” to go for Champions League victory.

The 36-year-old patron spoke to CNN after winning the first post-Calciopoli title.

“Well for the official records it's the 28th, for every single Juventino in the world it's the 30th,” he noted.

“It's a very tough matter, I would say. One of the privileges of managing Juventus is managing people's dreams and emotions - in our emotions and our feelings we have 30.”

The Bianconeri failed to qualify for Europe last season, but are in the Champions League next term and Agnelli sees no reason why they can’t win it.

“It's never too early. Juventus takes part in every single competition with ambitions of winning it.”

Juve were unbeaten for the entire season until losing the Coppa Italia Final 2-0 to Napoli on Sunday.

“If they would have asked me in September, 'At the end of the year you win the Scudetto but lose the Coppa Italia final,' I would have signed a hundred times no question about it, so we're extremely proud of what we've done.

“I think it's been an extraordinary result, let's say we've just missed a little topping on the cake and we might leave that for next year.

“What I've tried to do is to revive the pride of being at Juventus. We're all extremely proud that we've achieved that in only two years.

“We might not be full of stars but we're full of "wannabe" stars. Arturo Vidal is going to become a star - he's 24, he's got over 40 caps for his national team, he can be a star.”

However, it was the end of the road for Alessandro Del Piero, who has not been offered a new contract.

“I think Alessandro, as I've said many times, will always represent Juventus,” added Agnelli.

“He's been our captain for 10 years and what a finale - lifting the trophy, that's an amazing story. I think we always have to be grateful to him.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory  Empty Re: Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory

Post by LWL91 Wed May 23, 2012 12:06 am

:bow:

He's so smart. What a board!!

Vidal - the wannabe star :lol!:
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory  Empty Re: Agnelli: 'Not too early' for Euro glory

Post by Cotes Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 am

bounce Agnelli Very Happy
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down