If Spain manage to win the euro 08, WC 10 and euro 12 where would they rank?

+2
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
6 posters

Go down

If Spain manage to win the euro 08, WC 10 and euro 12 where would they rank? Empty If Spain manage to win the euro 08, WC 10 and euro 12 where would they rank?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:17 am

What tier of NT greatest teams would they belong to? How will their legacy be remembered?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

If Spain manage to win the euro 08, WC 10 and euro 12 where would they rank? Empty Re: If Spain manage to win the euro 08, WC 10 and euro 12 where would they rank?

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 am

Good question, rarely do people rank NT teams on here.

If we talking about achievements, then right up there with anyone.

Playing level...not any higher or lower, this team isnt playing at a level that high in truth.

Holland who won nothing, at least 3 different Brazil teams and a select others played at a higher level.

Few years back though, the Spain team was pretty close to those sorts of levels.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

If Spain manage to win the euro 08, WC 10 and euro 12 where would they rank? Empty Re: If Spain manage to win the euro 08, WC 10 and euro 12 where would they rank?

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 am

Spain 08 is so much different from the current setup....I don't think it should be grouped there.

It's like Netherlands under Cruyff and then under Sneijder, both got to the WC finals and lost but did so in extremely different ways and don't really fit together.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:28 am

In terms of success I think they're atleast top 3 ever.However,if we talk about how good they are as a team compared to the great teams of the past,In my opinion,there have been better teams but it cant really be measured.I dont think Spain would have much success as they have now if this team was in a different era as the level of international football in the last few years has been really poor.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 am

all you can do is really match one particular team like spain 08, spain 10 OR spain 12.. its too difficult to match teams over the years unless you are just evaluating del bosque.

teams change a lot over 4 years, even spain..

EDIT: teams to compare i think would be netherlands 88, spain 10, france 98, brazil 02 etc not stretches of teams.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 am

In terms of success we will have to be called the very best of all time.

It's true that some people don't like this style and there has been a lot of criticism which is fair to some extent.

However when Germany reached the final three times consecutively in 1970s I don't think they were liked either because neutrals loved the Dutch team.

Yes a certain style and panache gets you more fans but I don't think it's wrong to say that too much success also breeds jealousy and antagonism with many people longing to see someone else at the top.

The criticism against this team is justified to an extent but they are also an extreme victim of over-expectations in just my humble opinion. If we recall where they used to be in international football before 2008, what they have achieved is beyond phenomenal. They have changed their country's football history forever on which many generations of success can now be built somewhat similar to what happened with Germany after 1954 and are and will remain outstanding heroes for their people.

As my alter ego on the football pitch, Andres Iniesta said, this style may not be liked by some people but it changed Spanish football history forever and that is enough for me. A reply that exudes pure class.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum