Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke???

+18
Mamad
Cotes
billionmillion
Aensensen
_LMG_10_
guest7
Lex
Bellabong
Raptorgunner
Doc
Onyx
The Franchise
Guiltybystander
DeviAngel
Neutral
Le Samourai
Albiceleste
Zuess99
22 posters

Go down

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Empty Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke???

Post by Zuess99 Thu May 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Was just wondering if they allowed to smoke ,cause I see nothing wrong in taking a puff or two Zidane and cryuff used to take a puff and they dominated in their prime.
I also wanna know are players allowed to get drunk until they pass out or do teams give them a limit?
Oh ja and what about weed in the off season? hmm hmm hmm scratch scratch scratch

picture of the legend smoking, please add pics of other players that smoke.
http://walkingollie.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/zidanesmoking.jpg

smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking smoking
Zuess99
Zuess99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Empty Re: Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke???

Post by Albiceleste Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Real Madrid seems okay with it banana

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Ozil

Ozidane :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Empty Re: Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke???

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Socrates was a pack a day guy during the season lol

It's funny that the 3 people mentioned are such similar players :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Mario-Balotelli-17

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm

OMG Ozil looks like a not so beautiful girl there lmfao
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu May 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? 1332181625883

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Berbatov_smoking1

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Rooney+smoking+drinking+urinating

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA84Kw4Du0htTDhB5LqNw0u6zI4iCUUk638BZZvOetigRbP2EHcg

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Article-2080574-0F4CE21800000578-784_468x354
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Well, Zidane barely ran, Ozil cant last more than 70 minutes it seems and Socrates had a lazy, langid style himself.

Not sure how Cruyff got away with it the amount of movement he produced per game...guy was all over the pitch.

But then again, it probably tells you something about football of the past, players could get away with it.

Garrincha drank more than Adriano..and he is top 3 ever for Brazil, some go as far to say top 1...meanwhile, Adriano is Adriano.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Why do people pay to harm themselves? Doesn't make sense...

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 pm

I remember seeing some player (either Scandinavian or of Eastern Europe) finish off his cigarette, threw it on the field and score a penalty in a shoot out. Think it was in the seventies. Yeah, times were different.

Anyway, excessive drinking and smoking usually comes back to bite you in the ass. Professional athletes are no exception. Let's hope Ozil just does his recreational pull now and then...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 pm

mtfootball wrote:Why do people pay to harm themselves? Doesn't make sense...

Trust me its stupid, I use to be one of those guys smoked after gym, but I dont do it any more I quit.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu May 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:

Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? Rooney+smoking+drinking+urinating

Rooney+smoking+drinking+urinating.jpg
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 pm

There's just something so wrong seeing a footballer with a cig in his gob. It's the shock of seeing an athlete who's meant to be in peak physical condition sucking on a cancer stick
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu May 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Özil doesn't smoke...

He said it himself, that was a one time. He is no smoker.

I think that pic of Zidane smoking was after he retired.

I don't think smoking/drinking is a big deal. As long as you've the footy skillz you're OK.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu May 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Real Madrid seems okay with it banana

LOL now we know why he can only play 70-80 minutes in a match cheers jk

Marijuana however is different than smoking cigarettes. Studies have shown marijuana can actually increase lung capacity in the short term. It acts as something called a "bronchial dilator" or something like that, which expands your lungs and allows you to take in more oxygen.

Next time you play soccer try to smoke a joint beforehand and see what happens. Very Happy Very Happy

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu May 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Wow, Ozil on a yacht with vaxed, tanned, oiled guys all lying around each other... What a Face

Anyway, moderate smoking will not affect your ability much. I know people who smoke a cigar after meals only and, imo, that should be allowed in modern football. I understand if someone smokes cigars for the taste, but cigarettes are habit makers and you inhale the smoke.

Also, I don't believe that moderate smoking will decrease you ability noticeably. I smoked a pack and a half per day for 4 years, and even 3 packs a day during one period in the army (only guard duty and nothing to do No ). I quit smoking about a year and a half ago, and I can run maybe only a bit more or faster. Even though, now I have chronic bronchitis and every time my bronchi widen it hurts a bit.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu May 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Ozil is a gay?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 24, 2012 7:23 pm

DEL PIERO & ELIA LIKE A BOSS (padoin like a douche :/ ) Very Happy
[however...I recommend weed instead of Tobacco]
Off season topic: Are soccer players allowed to smoke??? 305576_203877276399503_183405301780034_340429_577821863_n
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 pm

billionmillion wrote:Ozil is a gay?

No.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu May 24, 2012 8:40 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Real Madrid seems okay with it banana

LOL now we know why he can only play 70-80 minutes in a match cheers jk

Marijuana however is different than smoking cigarettes. Studies have shown marijuana can actually increase lung capacity in the short term. It acts as something called a "bronchial dilator" or something like that, which expands your lungs and allows you to take in more oxygen.

Next time you play soccer try to smoke a joint beforehand and see what happens. Very Happy Very Happy

i can confirm that. my lung capacity increased when i started smoking weed for the first time. had so much more stamina when playing basketball.

edit: I'm not in favor of players smoking cigs though. Funny enough, every player pictured smoking in this thread bar Rooney is noted for not necessarily being a workhorse type of player.

Last edited by lenear1030 on Thu May 24, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Well, i think thy can do whatever you want as soon as you can perform

- Zidane used to smoke ? he retired at 33 and many of us would agree he was still top but physically ..

As someone said ozil can't last more than 70 and same will go for balotelli if he keeps smoking too much

Everyone can have a lifestyle ala Zanetti, Roger mila, Drogba i guess
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu May 24, 2012 8:49 pm

On topic ! LOL - well if em-soccers in this case would see a pic -which i can't post here (even thought) lol , they would never allow theirselves again -exceptin em ! :study:

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:

I do it all the time, if it's just for fun. If it's a serious league game or something I will wait until after. Also, I like to smoke after the gym to relax my muscles.

Remember people, save your lungs for the good stuff Cool , and not the crappy brown sh1t
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down