urbaNRoots
rwo power
Babun
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Huntelaar - Page 2 Empty Re: Huntelaar

Post by Lex Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Anyone with the last name "Redknapp" should have their opinion dismissed as asinine and bogus

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Its not about packing the team with your best players though.... its about creating a team that functions.

I dont believe a team with RVP and Huntelaar would function very well at all.

I also believe VDV, Sneijder and Affelay are all better for an AM than RVP so said team could function.

I also believe Affelay and VDV would be a better option on the wing than RVP to again create a team that would function....

I would go with....

Stekelenburg
Van der Wiel Heitinga Mathijsen Willems
Van Bommel Strootman
Robben Sneijder Affelay
Huntelaar

If it was about talent and ability, RVP would be one of the first name on the team sheet, but to me its important to field a team that functions and i don't feel Huntelaar and RVP works.

And i feel Huntelaar is a better finisher and a better " Target" than RVP and Holland don't really need their striker to be creative.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:22 pm

RVP as a SS, how effective that will be against 3 men midfields ?

RVP will not close down the midfield player as effective as a AM sneidjer or VDV do. When you have sneidjer,Robben,Affellay etc you need a pure 9 imo.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice individuals for team.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Well a team with Huntelaar and RvP has functioned so far pretty good, they were unbeaten till they last match or so in their whole qualification campaign. I don't see how that team wouldn't work in the Euro's.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:28 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Well a team with Huntelaar and RvP has functioned so far pretty good, they were unbeaten till they last match or so in their whole qualification campaign. I don't see how that team wouldn't work in the Euro's.

How many good teams does a team play in qualification though?

France are unbeaten in 20 matches and Italy has only lost twice in like 2 years.

Means very little.

I dont think a team with RVP and Huntelaar would function at all well against the likes of Germany, Portugal or Denmark.....

That's without mentioning the teams Holland would face if they got through the group.

I personally feel its Huntelaar or RVP... not both.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:43 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:RvP is a NT flop, but still is scoring more goals than Huntelaar for the NT. Instead of crying like a little baby he should start scoring in the next match.

This is not true. Huntelaar is actually on route to become the greatest Striker in Netherlands history(In STATISTICS that is).

His statistics put RVP to shame.

Huntelaar - 31 goals in 51 matches (More than 0.6 ratio) & for years he was only a sub.
RVP - 26 goals in 63 games(More than 0.4 ratio).

RVP scored 1 goals in almost 7 full matches in the WC while Huntelaar scored 1 in 15 minutes. He was the highest Scorer in the Euro Qualification beating Benzema,C.Ronaldo,Klose,Gomez,Rooney,etc with 12 goals.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:RvP is a NT flop, but still is scoring more goals than Huntelaar for the NT. Instead of crying like a little baby he should start scoring in the next match.

This is not true. Huntelaar is actually on route to become the greatest Striker in Netherlands history(In STATISTICS that is).

Huntelaar - 31 goals in 51 matches (More than 0.6 ratio) & for years he was only a sub.

RVP scored 1 goals in almost 7 full matches in the WC while Huntelaar scored 1 in 15 minutes. He was the highest Scorer in the Euro Qualification beating Benzema,C.Ronaldo,Klose,Gomez,Rooney,etc with 12 goals.

Don't you think that's because van Persie plays deeper than Huntelaar, and is not the focal point in Netherlands attack?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:48 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Dunno why he's crying so much, RvP is being played on the wing to make place for him and still manages to score. While Huntelaar in his favourite position couldn't score a goal in the last two friendlies.

He played 70 minutes in 1 friendly & 20 minutes in other while RVP played 90 minutes & 70 minutes odd.

RVP scored 1 goal which was an almost empty goal tap-in where he was spood fed by Sneijder. Even Heitinga would have scored that. And Huntelaar made a counter run to take both the CB's away from him.

Huntelaar scored in 10 minutes against England while RVP could not in 45 minutes. Against Bayern(friendly) he scored playing 45 minutes.

And I saw the last friendly. RVP did not play RW. He was designated as the RW. But he played ST forcing VDW to play Aggressive RWB. As a result Huntelaar got cramped for space with RVP fighting for his space. VDW also was a dud in the LW & kept cutting in & trying to pass to RVP.

It was pretty obvious he was screwed from both sides.

urbaNRoots wrote:IMO Huntelaar and RvP should both start, with RvP playing as a AM or SS.

Something like this:

DM - Sneijder

Robben - van Persie - LW

Huntelaar

Sneijder is not a CM. And cant play there. Mark van Bommel is the captain & his guaranteed 1 DM slot. The other will 90% got to De Jong with Strootman in with a 10% chance

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:In my opinion, RVP is needed more for a team like Arsenal who need creativity in final 3rd with as many touches as possible.
Netherlands have Robben and Snejder as their main ball hog so RVP's influence is limited. The one who is upfront has to open up space with runs, to score from service or whatever leftover is there by Robben & co.
Huntelaar excells at just that, more than RVP. If I had a choice between them RVP would go straight to the bench. If they both start RVP has to be played behind him.

Well usually both Huntelaar and van Persie start, it was only one match (last friendly against Slovakia) were Huntelaar came from the bench - and he already starts to moan. It was a freakin friendly were coaches usually try new formations/tactics.

S32TABLANCA wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:lol sneijder playing CM

de jong mvb
robben vdv rvp
hunter

This.

Regardless of Sneijder's form, Oranje can not play without Sneijder. Sneijder and Robben are the Daddy & Mommy of the team. They are the two hands,you cant drop one.

And VDV was a huge dud at CM & LW. But I was very impressed by him last match. Good goal & what a fantastic Free Kick. Having said that I still prefer Sneijder because he can spoon feed ST like he did with RVP against Bulgaria.

Another problem with VDV is he is 50 minute odd player. Its a shame really. I felt VDV never had a the heart to succeed(as in Top 5 in the world) otherwise he was WAY more talented than Sneijder

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:57 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

Don't you think that's because van Persie plays deeper than Huntelaar, and is not the focal point in Netherlands attack?

IF RVP plays at ST he tends to drop way deeper making it a 4-6-0 which I dont like. Huntelaar adds a different dimension like awesome heading & brute finishing & I feel he is much more suited to ST in Oranje.

Reason is Mathijsen,Heitinga are mediocre passers. Van Bommel,De Jong have 0 creativity & slow. So for build up Sneijder has to drop deep. Thus the ST plays in an island.

RVP needs touches & to be brought into the game regularly. In the way as a lone ST with few touches,Huntelaar in general suits more.

The problem with RVP at wing is he cuts in robbing width & crams other people's space. Lets see what happens. I hope both of them get atleast 45 minutes each

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:06 pm

I agree with you, I think putting van Persie on the wing is just a waste of space - he clearly is not effective enough in that position. But playing him somewhere else would put Sneijder/Huntelaar out of the formation, which is unacceptable IMO. I never claimed that van Persie should play ahead of Huntelaar, it was more Sneijder vs van Persie for me - but reading your and Mole's points I see why Sneijder is more important as a CAM for Netherland.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I agree with you, I think putting van Persie on the wing is just a waste of space - he clearly is not effective enough in that position. But playing him somewhere else would put Sneijder/Huntelaar out of the formation, which is unacceptable IMO. I never claimed that van Persie should play ahead of Huntelaar, it was more Sneijder vs van Persie for me - but reading your and Mole's points I see why Sneijder is more important as a CAM for Netherland.

I would put Robben & Sneijder at Untouchable spots. Like in England we needed someone to win us the game. Robben alone did that for us.

Against Bulgaria he spoon fed Robin. And he bosses the mid-field. For a while I thought some young CAM could take his place.

Maher was being described as a next huge thing. And he was just horrible in the Bayern game. Milan fans said Urbi Emanuelson can be amazing at a CAM. Sneijder had an average game against England,and when he came off for Urbi in the 75th minute,it was clear as daylight there was Huge Class difference.

And quality. We lost the mid-field & Robben had to move all over the pitch to control it as neither Sneijder,VDV,Hunter or RVP was playing.

I think RVP will be brillaint playing behind Hunter in a 2 ST formation. But that is not going to happen.

Its a difficult call. Very difficult. Nobody deserves to be benched but for team composition its impossible to play both together

urbaNRoots wrote:Well a team with Huntelaar and RvP has functioned so far pretty good, they were unbeaten till they last match or so in their whole qualification campaign. I don't see how that team wouldn't work in the Euro's.

Actually RVP did not play much in the Euros. One of them was always injured,mostly RVP.

They played San Marino who are the worst team alive & even Heitinga was ST odd in that match.

They played together against Finland & they both sucked & were taken off in the 60th minute.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:31 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:lol sneijder playing CM

de jong mvb
robben vdv rvp
hunter

This.

Regardless of Sneijder's form, Oranje can not play without Sneijder. Sneijder and Robben are the Daddy & Mommy of the team. They are the two hands,you cant drop one.

And VDV was a huge dud at CM & LW. But I was very impressed by him last match. Good goal & what a fantastic Free Kick. Having said that I still prefer Sneijder because he can spoon feed ST like he did with RVP against Bulgaria.

Another problem with VDV is he is 50 minute odd player. Its a shame really. I felt VDV never had a the heart to succeed(as in Top 5 in the world) otherwise he was WAY more talented than Sneijder

for me its a toss up between sneijder and vdv.. i am clearly biased towards vdv as i see him constantly playing with more heart than sneijder. its just a personal preference for me.

and i agree, i wouldnt put vdv at lw or cm hopefully no one has suggested it here. he has only played there when we have been desperate for players if one of afellay, rvp, de jong or mvb is hurt.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:38 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I agree with you, I think putting van Persie on the wing is just a waste of space - he clearly is not effective enough in that position. But playing him somewhere else would put Sneijder/Huntelaar out of the formation, which is unacceptable IMO. I never claimed that van Persie should play ahead of Huntelaar, it was more Sneijder vs van Persie for me - but reading your and Mole's points I see why Sneijder is more important as a CAM for Netherland.

as an arsenal fan i know that you know that rvp started as a winger and a ss. he did the same for the netherlands when ruud was the main man.

its only recently that arsenal converted him to striker and this whole discussion of rvp/huntelaar even begun.

rvp as a winger is the best solution because robben comes from a bit deeper and rvp comes from a bit higher, huntelaar knocks in the goals and its balanced. so i disagree because i dont think its a waste of space

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:RVP is a Netherlands flop though...... Huntelaar > RVP ( for Netherlands)

:coffee:
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Potential wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:RVP is a Netherlands flop though...... Huntelaar > RVP ( for Netherlands)

What?? North Ireland is a dud. If RVP would have been less wasteful he would have atleast 4-5 goals. North Ireland are a complete Dud like San Marino

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Potential wrote:

Scoring goals against Northern Ireland means nothing Laughing

Come back when he does the same in the group stages :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Potential wrote:

Scoring goals against Northern Ireland means nothing Laughing

Come back when he does the same in the group stages :coffee:

Even Vlaar scored :facepalm:

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 am

Huntelaar didn't score, even Vlaar scored :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:07 am

What is with the sudden fad of putting down RvP?

Can't we just trust the manager to know his players and his system? Why can't people just enjoy watching a great player play his game? Why must people always argue and complain about something? It blows my mind how much some just seem to need something to complain about.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:39 am

huntelaar only played 30 minutes if that.. it was fricken n.ireland anyways cant consider this match anything to compare anything to.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:43 am

More like the Netherlands is an RVP flop :coffee:

He's never been as God for Holland as he has for Arsenal, but hell, being awesome for Arsenal is a recent thing. He's never had the consistency, give him time.

I will agree he was shit in the WC, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:59 am

But when Aguero scores against Swansea........

Huntelaar - Page 2 Fap
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 am

Lex wrote:But when Aguero scores against Swansea........

Huntelaar - Page 2 Fap

I don't think I'll ever forget that day. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:34 am

RVP is only good in the EPL. We don't need him when we play big national teams. He is a minus against big national teams.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2