Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

FIFA 12 Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:28 am

Barrettinator wrote:
The Verminator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
The Verminator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:For a cross or corner: Once I get position, I head the ball back in the direction where it came from. It works VERY EFFECTIVELY. In fact, if the striker manages to get a head on it, you still have an impact and you get a GK or a corner or something. As far as you've got a decent position, it should work.
it does work actually but then i stopped doing it because i kept thinking that the computer registers it as a cross, but you have failed the cross sso your player rating goes down. i can do it because i believe it works better than clearance BUT if the computer wants to head the ball. IT WILL..A few days ago, thisguy whipped in a cross and my defender (Kyle Bartley) was in perfect position to head the ball. I press clearance and then he moves his head to the left, out of the way of the ball, completely misses the ball, and the striker just heads it in goal. Like i said, if the computer wants to score, IT WILLLL!!!!
That depends on the crosser and the header. The crosser's cross rating and vision matters a lot. For instance, if I whip in a cross with Xavi(who has high ratings in both categories, especially vision), it'll almost always get to the header but if you're in good position you can clear it.

However, if I whip that cross with Xavi and it gets to a Drogba, Ibra, Villa, Carroll, you can bet your house it'll end up in the net 7 times out of 10. Can't say the same if the header is a Defoe, Sturridge, Di Maria, etc. It all adds up.
Nope sorry. I play career mode and i play against small English teams and they don't have good vision and decent crossing at best. But they will get to the ball atleast half the time....It's the A.I man. It'll do what it wants to do and you can't stop it....Which is a real shame....
Lol I think your A.I is on steroids. Razz
Maybe your just better than me at headers i dunno, but i've always thought i was pretty good at them. And it's true that i don't concede many goals through headers online, but i can concede quite a few offline. Doesn't really matter who the striker is, they still have a good chance of scoring. i like a challenge in games, but i think this is one area which EA could fix. Crosses (doesn't matter who does them) just seem tooo deadly.....

The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:03 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Meaning you use Legacy defending and not Tactical defending?

I have no idea what you are talking about Razz
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:26 am

Soul wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

You know, the way you defend on FIFA 11(Legacy defending) is different from FIFA 12(Tactical defending) right? You probably switched the settings back to legacy.

But you can't play online with legacy.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 am

so its 1st December in my 3rd season with WBA Kuzmanovic (the CM who plays for Stugart) has been unsettled all season. Pretty much during pre-season he tore his calf and was out for 6 weeks, so as soon as he was fit he goes back into my XI and all of a sudden i see all these rumours saying "Kuzmanovic has itchy feet at WBA", "Kuzmanovic unsettled" etc etc, then after a few weeks of this he says "I am feeling a bit unsettled....i want to keep everyhting in the open...im commited to the club etc etc but its hard to focus so far from home (Serbia)" so im thinking all is good now

except over the next two or so months (in the game) these stupid rumors keep going and after a while his agent says "Kuzmanovic is commited ot the cub whatever what ever" and still they keep going and the most recent rumour is that Shalke and Dortmund are preparing bids for him and given its December 1 they could come in the Jan window.

So has this saga type thing ahppened to anyone else and would nayone know whats going to happen in the end? will he put in a transfer request? Because apparently his transfer value is only 5.5mil which is terrible for a 27yo 79 rated CM, so if he leaves i wont have the money for someone whose as good as him, will prbably have to bring James Morrison off the bench
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Soul wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

You know, the way you defend on FIFA 11(Legacy defending) is different from FIFA 12(Tactical defending) right? You probably switched the settings back to legacy.

But you can't play online with legacy.

lmao I didn't even know I could switch settings

I didn't change anything so I guess I'm using Tactical Defending; I do press Square to do a standing tackle.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Won the Euro with Italy's 3-5-2!
It was amazing a final against Germany
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Haven't had much success with 3 at the back on FIFA, might try it with Italy.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:18 pm

mtfootball wrote:Haven't had much success with 3 at the back on FIFA, might try it with Italy.

Same here. I was a bit skeptical about it.
But I just mimicked the formation they used against Spain for the Euro and I had huge amounts of success.

Won every game against the likes of Portugal, Germany, Spain, Holland, etc oh and Belgium.

Those teams all have pacey players but the default 3-5-2 uses two defensive mid fielders. So depending on the result I had I'd go either Ultra Attacking or Ultra Defensive. So both Motta and Pirlo would push up.

ATM I'm killing with Poland. Blazckslcjskjlski is such a beast!
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:40 pm

The Portugal second goal happens when I play 3 at the back. Smile

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Wow what can I say? I decided to change my tactics a little, and change my formation. Went from 4-1-2-3 to 4-2-1-3. My tactics haven't changed much but i put chance creation to risky instead safe. My formation isn't too different from the default Arsenal one. Both full backs push up but only my LB has a high attack rate. My left winger Cuts inside and heas a medium defense rate while my RW doesn't cut it in as much and defends more. And instead of having two CM's and a CAM, i changed the left CM to a CDM but kept him in the same position. I gotta say it's pretty good. I played a few matches last night to test it out. I beat Fulham 2-0 in FA cup, drew with Chelsea 1-1, drew with Blackburn 2-2 (really should've won this), beat Middlesborough 6-1, lost to Derby in league cup (got very unlucky with the goals. First one the ST stole the ball from a goal kick. Second one i cleared a corner, it goes out the box, this guy takes an absolutely thunderous shot, and it's going out, but one of their players was right there to tap it in), and beat Spurs 4-1. Legendary mode of course, with my youth. And i'm conceding less too, as well as giving away chances less often. Going pretty well i reckon.

@fatman. From here on in anything can happen. He could send in a transfer request (likely) or not. And if that happens there's no definete answer once again as to what will happen. Either the board will say you MUST sell him or they can say it's up to you to decide what to do....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Yeh I had Tosic saying he wanted more game time and the board said I either sell him or play him more.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Maikon Leite the guy who plays in the Brazilian League is godly on this game.5 star skills and hes basically Ronaldo with worse Finishing and Strength.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Kuzmanovic handed in a transfer request and the board said i had to seel him, ended up working out ok though because Catania offered 6mil for him (market value 4.5mil i paid about 5mil for him)
I then used that money to buy Harmeet Singh, ill be honest id never heard fo him, but he set me back 7mil and hes 79 rated and only 21yo, so hes younger and better then Kuzmanovic
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:Maikon Leite the guy who plays in the Brazilian League is godly on this game.5 star skills and hes basically Ronaldo with worse Finishing and Strength.

Yep, he's awesome for his rating. And even better on Ultimate Team I found. Danilinho, Marlos and Cicinho are also very good for their rating.

Another great underrated Brazilian is Azevedo the LB for Botafogo. Only 5 star skill defender in the game I believe.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm

dmize wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:Maikon Leite the guy who plays in the Brazilian League is godly on this game.5 star skills and hes basically Ronaldo with worse Finishing and Strength.

Yep, he's awesome for his rating. And even better on Ultimate Team I found. Danilinho, Marlos and Cicinho are also very good for their rating.

Another great underrated Brazilian is Azevedo the LB for Botafogo. Only 5 star skill defender in the game I believe.
I think there's a right back that has 5 star skills,I cant remember his name though.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Just had one of the best games ever on the Euro 2012 dlc. Beat Portugal 2-1 with Italy, 3 at the back. Buffon saving numerous chances including 2 Ronaldo penalties. Into the final now.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

mtfootball wrote:Just had one of the best games ever on the Euro 2012 dlc. Beat Portugal 2-1 with Italy, 3 at the back. Buffon saving numerous chances including 2 Ronaldo penalties. Into the final now.

:bow:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Won the final 4-1 vs Portugal. The 3 CB system kinda works since most teams play with 1 striker and the RCB and LCB track the wingers. The 2 DM's also track back.

However sometimes the problem is counter-attacks, since the RCB/LCB can get pulled out leaving it 2 vs their attackers.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:
dmize wrote:

I think there's a right back that has 5 star skills,I cant remember his name though.

Hmm, I'll look for him. I thought Cicinho, Alves and Mariano were the highest RB's with 4 star.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Just won the Euro 2012 with Turkey.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:10 pm

why are turkey in the euro12 game lol ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:why are turkey in the euro12 game lol ?

Every team from the qualifying stages are in it I think. Turkey have some good players like Sahin, Emre, Turan, Altintop, Topal, Gonul etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 am

mtfootball wrote:Just won the Euro 2012 with Turkey.

Why did someone neg you and how come I have no option to neg Sad

RG TELL TELL TELL.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:10 am

Abramovich wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Just won the Euro 2012 with Turkey.

Why did someone neg you and how come I have no option to neg Sad

RG TELL TELL TELL.

Doesn't show I got neg repped here. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:06 am

It does on my screen scratch
Abramovich