Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 am

Can't have 100% accurate crosses. That would spoil the fun. Neutral

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

FIFA 12 Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: FIFA 12 Thread

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:32 am

Nah im not saying i would make my crosses 100% accurate if that's what you thought. I play manually so i can't anyway. It's just the damn A.I's crossing that is so good. It doesn't matter who you're defending with, if they want to get a head on the ball, they will, and there's nothing you can do about it.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:35 am

How do you defend your headers?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:39 am

^ Me personally I use the L stick to get position(push the striker back or w/e, I think it helps more offensively though), and just time it right. But there's still times when guys like Alexandre Pato shred me aerially Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:50 am

It depends on situation. Like if it's a corner and there is no way i can possibly get in front of the striker, or on the better side of the striker, then i'll push him forward as much as i can so that he can't get a clean hit on the ball. When it's a corner, or a cross and i can get to it, i'll try to get in front of the guy and press circle for clearance. But i won't just keep running towards the ball coz you can get too far ahead.

When it's a goal kick i'm defending against, i usually immediately press forward to push their striker until i can see my defender. When i can see, i try not to push too much and so the ball doesn't go over me. If there is no one behind the striker though, and i've got someone covering, i'll just push their striker forward under the ball so it goes over both of us, and my covering defender picks it up nicely.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:51 am

For a cross or corner: Once I get position, I head the ball back in the direction where it came from. It works VERY EFFECTIVELY. In fact, if the striker manages to get a head on it, you still have an impact and you get a GK or a corner or something. As far as you've got a decent position, it should work.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:54 am

just spam the B button and hope for the best :bannana:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:07 am

fatman123 wrote:just spam the B button and hope for the best :bannana:
Messi will stick one in on Mertesacker if you do it that way. Razz
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:13 am

Short pass to a guy at the corner of the box, he turns on himself using a backheel to lose his man and shoots. Nobody ever sees this coming.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:18 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Short pass to a guy at the corner of the box, he turns on himself using a backheel to lose his man and shoots. Nobody ever sees this coming.
I don't get this. Got a video?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 am

Also I find it's much better to have a defender with high jumping, as opposed to a tall CB like Mert, Coates or Hangeland with low jumping. Tall + high jumping stat is the best combo for a CB to defend crosses.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 am

dmize wrote:Also I find it's much better to have a defender with high jumping, as opposed to a tall CB like Mert, Coates or Hangeland with low jumping. Tall + high jumping stat is the best combo for a CB to defend crosses.
Thankfully, I never get to use Mert. Razz
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 am

There's a slider where the fullbacks are high up the pitch and overlapping well, for FIFA 13 certain fullbacks should overlap like that without the sliders.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:06 am

Barrettinator wrote:For a cross or corner: Once I get position, I head the ball back in the direction where it came from. It works VERY EFFECTIVELY. In fact, if the striker manages to get a head on it, you still have an impact and you get a GK or a corner or something. As far as you've got a decent position, it should work.
it does work actually but then i stopped doing it because i kept thinking that the computer registers it as a cross, but you have failed the cross sso your player rating goes down. i can do it because i believe it works better than clearance BUT if the computer wants to head the ball. IT WILL..A few days ago, thisguy whipped in a cross and my defender (Kyle Bartley) was in perfect position to head the ball. I press clearance and then he moves his head to the left, out of the way of the ball, completely misses the ball, and the striker just heads it in goal. Like i said, if the computer wants to score, IT WILLLL!!!!
dmize wrote:Also I find it's much better to have a defender with high jumping, as opposed to a tall CB like Mert, Coates or Hangeland with low jumping. Tall + high jumping stat is the best combo for a CB to defend crosses.
Yep true. I find that vermaelen will head the ball more times than Mertesacker will.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:14 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Short pass to a guy at the corner of the box, he turns on himself using a backheel to lose his man and shoots. Nobody ever sees this coming.

hmm not bad idea
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 am

Barrettinator wrote:
I don't get this. Got a video?
sort of like this, except you don't run to the top of the box and shoot. instead you run parallel to the goals for 2-3 steps and then shoot.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:20 am

You guys have any tips for defending?

Against the AI I get easily beaten. Teams like Wolves are using skill moves and pinning together 4 passes, a cross and a volleyed or headed goal :@

They do it with such ease I feel helpless lol

Maybe it's because of the way I play? I rarely use the X (for pressing) and depend more on the R2 button to jockey the forward. Personally I've noticed that pressing X makes my defenders run towards them in a bad position which makes it easier for them to get past me. So after using R2, when they come in close, I press Square.

Am I doing it wrong? Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 am

Soul wrote:You guys have any tips for defending?

Against the AI I get easily beaten. Teams like Wolves are using skill moves and pinning together 4 passes, a cross and a volleyed or headed goal :@

They do it with such ease I feel helpless lol

Maybe it's because of the way I play? I rarely use the X (for pressing) and depend more on the R2 button to jockey the forward. Personally I've noticed that pressing X makes my defenders run towards them in a bad position which makes it easier for them to get past me. So after using R2, when they come in close, I press Square.

Am I doing it wrong? Laughing
Meaning you use Legacy defending and not Tactical defending?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:33 am

i'll tell you how i defend. I basically don't jockey, i just sort of jockey just by using the direction button without sprinting of course. I sort of let them get ahead of me a little, and then when they sprint, i sprint and i try to close them down when they get closer to my box, and i try to slide tackle. This is for defending on the wings. In the middle, i jog backwards a bit and sort of contain them without the x button. Basically i try to predict what they're gonna do, and try to force them into doing what i want them to do, hard to explain it though, and then i just tackle.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 am

The Verminator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:For a cross or corner: Once I get position, I head the ball back in the direction where it came from. It works VERY EFFECTIVELY. In fact, if the striker manages to get a head on it, you still have an impact and you get a GK or a corner or something. As far as you've got a decent position, it should work.
it does work actually but then i stopped doing it because i kept thinking that the computer registers it as a cross, but you have failed the cross sso your player rating goes down. i can do it because i believe it works better than clearance BUT if the computer wants to head the ball. IT WILL..A few days ago, thisguy whipped in a cross and my defender (Kyle Bartley) was in perfect position to head the ball. I press clearance and then he moves his head to the left, out of the way of the ball, completely misses the ball, and the striker just heads it in goal. Like i said, if the computer wants to score, IT WILLLL!!!!
That depends on the crosser and the header. The crosser's cross rating and vision matters a lot. For instance, if I whip in a cross with Xavi(who has high ratings in both categories, especially vision), it'll almost always get to the header but if you're in good position you can clear it.

However, if I whip that cross with Xavi and it gets to a Drogba, Ibra, Villa, Carroll, you can bet your house it'll end up in the net 7 times out of 10. Can't say the same if the header is a Defoe, Sturridge, Di Maria, etc. It all adds up.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:42 am

The Verminator wrote:i'll tell you how i defend. I basically don't jockey, i just sort of jockey just by using the direction button without sprinting of course. I sort of let them get ahead of me a little, and then when they sprint, i sprint and i try to close them down when they get closer to my box, and i try to slide tackle. This is for defending on the wings. In the middle, i jog backwards a bit and sort of contain them without the x button. Basically i try to predict what they're gonna do, and try to force them into doing what i want them to do, hard to explain it though, and then i just tackle.
What I do is(Tactical Defending) let the CPU mark the player with the closest defender and then I have my cursor on a help defender in case the opponent beats the 1st defender controlled by the CPU. If the opponent beats that defender, I help out immediately with the defender I have my cursor on, even before the opponent regains momentum.

This helps a lot especially because I'm pants at defending wingers, especially wingers manually that dribble. So once they beat my full back, I help out with my CB/DM.

Also, I discovered that using Y(or triangle, if you use a PS3 controller) to tackle is VERY VERY effective. You get the ball basically 9 times out of 10. The only disadvantage is that it calls out your GK so you can't hold it down. You can only tap it, but trust me, its extremely effective.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:44 am

Barrettinator wrote:
The Verminator wrote:
That depends on the crosser and the header. The crosser's cross rating and vision matters a lot. For instance, if I whip in a cross with Xavi(who has high ratings in both categories, especially vision), it'll almost always get to the header but if you're in good position you can clear it.

However, if I whip that cross with Xavi and it gets to a Drogba, Ibra, Villa, Carroll, you can bet your house it'll end up in the net 7 times out of 10. Can't say the same if the header is a Defoe, Sturridge, Di Maria, etc. It all adds up.
Nope sorry. I play career mode and i play against small English teams and they don't have good vision and decent crossing at best. But they will get to the ball atleast half the time....It's the A.I man. It'll do what it wants to do and you can't stop it....Which is a real shame....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 am

Barrettinator wrote:
The Verminator wrote:i'll tell you how i defend. I basically don't jockey, i just sort of jockey just by using the direction button without sprinting of course. I sort of let them get ahead of me a little, and then when they sprint, i sprint and i try to close them down when they get closer to my box, and i try to slide tackle. This is for defending on the wings. In the middle, i jog backwards a bit and sort of contain them without the x button. Basically i try to predict what they're gonna do, and try to force them into doing what i want them to do, hard to explain it though, and then i just tackle.
What I do is(Tactical Defending) let the CPU mark the player with the closest defender and then I have my cursor on a help defender in case the opponent beats the 1st defender controlled by the CPU. If the opponent beats that defender, I help out immediately with the defender I have my cursor on, even before the opponent regains momentum.

This helps a lot especially because I'm pants at defending wingers, especially wingers manually that dribble. So once they beat my full back, I help out with my CB/DM.

Also, I discovered that using Y(or triangle, if you use a PS3 controller) to tackle is VERY VERY effective. You get the ball basically 9 times out of 10. The only disadvantage is that it calls out your GK so you can't hold it down. You can only tap it, but trust me, its extremely effective.
Triangle as far as i understand will NOT tackle someone. I think what you're doing, is getting close enough to the striker where your defender will automatically stick a leg out. Which is also very effective but i think that works on humans moreso than A.I
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:48 am

Yes you're right, it works more on humans. I'll say it works 90% on humans and 75% on A.I though.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:50 am

The Verminator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
The Verminator wrote:

Nope sorry. I play career mode and i play against small English teams and they don't have good vision and decent crossing at best. But they will get to the ball atleast half the time....It's the A.I man. It'll do what it wants to do and you can't stop it....Which is a real shame....
Lol I think your A.I is on steroids. Razz
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 am

Barrettinator wrote:
The Verminator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
The Verminator wrote:

Lol I think your A.I is on steroids. Razz
Maybe your just better than me at headers i dunno, but i've always thought i was pretty good at them. And it's true that i don't concede many goals through headers online, but i can concede quite a few offline. Doesn't really matter who the striker is, they still have a good chance of scoring. i like a challenge in games, but i think this is one area which EA could fix. Crosses (doesn't matter who does them) just seem tooo deadly.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next