BarcaKizz
Forza
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official Socceroos Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Socceroos Thread

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 4 Jun - 14:58:32

Great performance... Really well done.

We were lucky at times, and there were plenty of fantastic last-ditch tackles and saves, but you need that to get a result in Japan.

Japan were superb and when they got Honda and Kagawa interchanging in that 2nd half they dominated. But we created enough of our own chances and had great moments too.

Shame we didn't win because after going ahead and with how well our defence was playing it was a bit heartbreaking. But the draw was a fair result really.

Glad to see Holger finally picked Tommy and it paid dividends. Didn't have a blinder, but that run was superb... and thats why he's there. He'll grow from this too, you need to give youngsters confidence and belief with your support. I don't feel its really been there from Holger, but hopefully this earns him a spot in the next 2 games and things should run from there. He's too good not to hold down that spot.

Kruse also got in behind superbly which is excellent since Cahill doesn't offer that.

Holman was immense. An engine, working really hard and those 2 through balls.... WORLD CLASS.

Midfield was OK, but I thought it could have been changed. Neither player is very good defensively and as they tired Honda was walking round them. Milligan has always been a horrid 1v1 defender... and he was really lazy at times too. As much as Jedinak is an absolute hack, its obvious why he's there. Could have done with some dirty work in the mids today as the game went on. Rogic could also have offered some drive as both Bresch and Milligan didn't really move off the line, either to come deep and receive or push on.

Schwarzer proving he is God again and our back 4 was wonderful. Ognenovski really is a good player. Shame he is getting on, because looking at him you'd be sure that he'd had a career in England and not Australia and Asia.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 4 Jun - 15:52:09

Highlights: http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/match/report/229299/Japan-vs-Australia/
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 5 Jun - 10:28:53

Thought our first half was magnificent. We came out for full energy, closed down the line of pass/vision, gave little space/time for Kagawa and Honda to work their magic, defensively sound, held the ball well and created some very good opportunities in which we could have easily scored at least one.
Second half we were tired and having the likes of (Bresciano, Milligan, Holman, Niell, Oeg) who haven't been playing game time football for a long while means we needed to bring in fresh changes in which Holger didn't. Bresciano and Holman in particularly were struggling, Vidosic and Rogic needed to come into the game more earlier and continue shutting down lines of passes as well as be an extra bonus in attack. Our back four were weighed in to do a lot of last ditch work and had to rely a lot on Schwarzer to help us as our midfield were struggling to stay back. Noticed a lot of times Kruse had to keep tracking back due to the lack of organisation in the midfield.

The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 11 Jun - 14:32:47

Yieewwwww!

Great performance. About time we dominated one of these ordinary teams. Pretty shameful this is our 2nd win in this stage...

Anyway, perfect game for me. Youngsters shining, great football.

Robbie Kruse :bow:

Has been Australia's best player in Europe all year and beginning to shoulder more responsibility for the Roos. Have said the team needs to build around his quality. What I like is that with Cahill at 9, we really need someone else going in behind the defensive line because Timmy doesn't. Time and time again Robbie is doing that. Also showed his dribbling and quick feet. 2 assists and a deserved goal. Take a bow.

Oar was excellent again, quick feet, always able to turn out of trouble. Super outlet down the left.

Bresciano rolling back the years. :bow: Milligan showing quality next to him, but this combo isn't going to do long term. Neither gets back fast enough. In fact, Bresch does so much more leg-work, while Milligan (a supposed ex-defender) is lazy as hell.

Rogic :bow: OMG this kid can play. In 10 minutes showed talent we haven't seen in a long time, maybe ever. Definitely a unique player for Australia. Need to find a starting role for him before 2014 because he is superb. Very hard to find it though...

Cahill and Archie great... Everyone was great!

Left-back still a problem though...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 11 Jun - 16:34:45

Absolutely immense performance.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 12 Jun - 6:58:32

Agree Kizz

Haven't seen a player who constantly runs in behind the defense since Frank Farina. Its not only just his runs but also his pace, skill and link up play that amazes me. Jordan's left back was having a nightmare and positioning wise didn't know who/where to mark due to Kruse's runs.

Holman was slow off the blocks but gradually found his feet covering the space between the lines, movement on and off the ball and passing accuracy. His role means alot of work rate and stamina and its something he doesn't have meaning usually always someone off the bench needs to come on for him.

Tom Rogic is a talent no doubt! He had such a big impact on the little time he got and it was such a shame that no one gave him the ball much in the time he played in. His willingness to attack the defense, create space and add the element of tactical flexibility is vital for a super sub or a starter. Hope to see more of him!

Thompson did what a substitute does! Make an impact on the game! His running off and on the ball, runs behind the defense and good hold up on the ball provided us with better attacking flare meaning more chances being created/taken.

I think your being a little harsh on Milligan. I thought he came back very fast and covered well for Wilshere stopping alot of promising attacks. Gave today alot of stability on and off the ball and was a main reason why the CB's didn't have much work today as usual... Saying that we were up against a much weaker attacking Jordan line up.

Bresciano was great and I hope Aaron Mooy/next CM can be selected into this Australian squad to learn off from the Australian wizard! They can definately learn how to recieve the ball and distribute it; controlling the game. Thats what Bresciano did last night (plus movement to the box) and it was a key in our attacking play...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 18 Jun - 12:58:19

I quite like the attacking three of Oar, Holman and Kruse. Very enjoyable.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 18 Jun - 13:25:58

Scroos :bow:
Cousin Josh :bow:
Initial reaction to the subs :facepalm:
Dem sub :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 18 Jun - 13:27:10

I am only at halftime, stop ruining it. Laughing

A friend on fb just ruined the scoreline. ffs. I hate that. :facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue 18 Jun - 13:49:09

Didn't watch because I had a speech to write up, did nothing anyway :').

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 18 Jun - 13:58:13

Getting oar and kruze to cross the ball to cahill is a pretty obvious tactic, holger is just useless, how we only beat a pretty much under 20's team 1-0 at home is embarrassing.

Great work by Kennedy for the goal, was a good ball as well. Got to improve 10 folds to not get embarrassed in RIO.

Don't think cahill should be leading our line TBH, would prefer a proper forward up there, relying on him to head a ball on is just SMH.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 18 Jun - 14:13:21

Yeah, but who? Ill throw myself off a building if Kennedy is starting in Rio
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 18 Jun - 14:15:29

Mori. Official Socceroos Thread - Page 3 Le_210
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 18 Jun - 14:28:35

fatman123 wrote:Yeah, but who? Ill throw myself off a building if Kennedy is starting in Rio

Thats the biggest problem, come RIO a 34 year old cahill will be our best striker.:facepalm: . Any good Defense will have him in their pocket.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 18 Jun - 16:03:41

:bow:

Important thing is we're there. Hopefully we can experiment and improve over the next year. We've shown we can play good football.

First 30 mins was great. Then we stopped controlling game and started long-balling... Dunno why...

Anyway BRAAAAAZILLLLLL!!!!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 18 Jun - 16:05:49

BarcaKizz wrote::bow:

Important thing is we're there. Hopefully we can experiment and improve over the next year. We've shown we can play good football.

First 30 mins was great. Then we stopped controlling game and started long-balling... Dunno why...

Anyway BRAAAAAZILLLLLL!!!!

I would like to see more link up play between Oar, Holman and Kruse for sure, that looked very good. Long ball and crossing tactics were so bad though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 19 Jun - 11:19:18

Out of words! :bow:
Full analysis later on when I have words to speak!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 19 Jun - 11:20:31

Come on you Aussies :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat 22 Jun - 15:19:42

An article I did looking at Kruse, Oar and Rogic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1680241-3-australian-talents-to-watch-ahead-of-brazil-2014
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 10 Jul - 1:39:48

Mark Schwarzer has signed for Chelsea, thoughts on it?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 10 Jul - 2:08:29

Tbh, nothing in the world is going to stop Schwarzer keep his starting spot for the Socceroos... Langerak, Jones, Federici are all number twos and aren't at the same standard as Mark.
He'll probably get more game time at No.2 than Mitch and Brad combined really.
Hope all the best for him!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed 10 Jul - 6:48:43

Hope he gets some game time.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 24 Sep - 3:21:47

So, Schwarzer dropped from NT. Woops.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue 24 Sep - 5:45:42

Kick wrote:So, Schwarzer dropped from NT. Woops.
Good. I have been calling for this for ages.

Yes, he is a good GK - but we need to rejuvenate the team.

If you look right to the beginning of the Socceroos thread here you will see that I called for Lucas Neill's head too - to which Kizz responded with something like, do you even watch Socceroos games? An understandable response, but what I was doing at the time was showing some vision and looking to the WC next year. We cannot rely on these old guys anymore - and it's not because of their age at all. If they were still playing well at club level it would be ok,  but they're not.

Neill is technically ok, but far, far too slow to play at NT level. The Walcott's of this world can absolutely roast him each and everytime they go forward. And in modern football, every team has a pacy forward or winger. He has been at a billion clubs in the last 5 years and each one of them has been a step down or sideways in quality.

Schwarzer has been a loyal servant of the team for many, many years. I've seen him pull off some miraculous saves too. But he cannot play forever. He gets virtually no game-time at Chelsea too. Players like Langerak are the future. Langerak has learnt everything from Wiedenfeller - a pro veteran. As soon as he retires, I bet Langerak will get that No. 1 spot. I think Klopp trusts him.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat 5 Oct - 9:42:10

Agree with Forza! I'm pleased with the stripping of Schwarzer and the inclusions of two young promising and ready keepers in the side but we also need to be testing our defenders as well. Guys like McGowan, Connor Chapman, Williams, Luke DeVere, Trent Sainsbury, Matthew Spiranovic (who should be available for selection next international break after a few games under his belt with the Wanderers), Shane Lowry, Curtis Good etc. are all capable defenders to play in these international friendlies. We need to test these youngsters out as not only are they our future but also better prospects than our current crop (I'm more talking about Oego, Niell, Cornflakes, Dead-Whaite, North) and decent backup.

We really also should be trying our guys like Niel Kilkenny or Aaron Mooy as they are similar players to Mark Bresciano (who struggles to play consistently for a whole 90 minutes). Jason Davidson has deserved his spot at left back with very convincing performances at leftback and even in the middle of defense with his Dutch club Heracles. Saying that Holger included Matty McKay again :facepalm: and also David Carney who he highly praised about so maybe no time for Davidson which will piss me off.

Matthew Leckie and Nikita Rukavystsva have been getting minutes with FSV Frankfurt and looking really good (been watching this team alot this season) and they have deservedly earned a spot in these friendlies. I think Leckie will start or appear against France as Holger talked alot about him. Hoping Ruka and his pace will make an impact off the bench.

Disappionted with Holger's comments about Tom Rogic. He is right in saying that he hasn't been getting alot of minutes, meaning less minutes with the Socceroos but shouldn't that have been applied to guys like Niell (who was clubless for like 3 or so months), Oego, Cornflakes, McKay etc. who also haven't been getting minutes in previous times in lesser strandard leagues and yet they have had quality minutes in the starting side...

Holger is on the edge atm. Needs to at least win against Canada to keep his job otherwise he will get the sack and Aussie Guus will come in!

The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat 12 Oct - 3:43:24

Thankyou France :bow: Holger is gone. The right decision, but maybe too late. 8 months 'till the WC. Thoughts?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: