fatman123
BarcaKizz
Forza
10 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Official Socceroos Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Socceroos Thread

Post by Forza Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:43 am

Thankyou France :bow: Holger is gone. The right decision, but maybe too late. 8 months 'till the WC. Thoughts?

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:55 am

..Well Benzema finally scored for France.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:02 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:..Well Benzema finally scored for France.
shows how bad we were
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:09 am

Didn't watch this because, but was it as bad as the Brazil game, or were we better?

From what ive read and heard about it apparently the backline really let Langerak down which was a shame.

Also it must be said G-rudes goal was amazing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:11 am

I hope whoever comes in next plays Tommy Oar, along with Rogic he is our best up and comming young player, he needs as many minutes as he can get
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:14 am

France wrecked our defence. Langerak not at fault for any of the goals.

Penalty goal after 6 minutes. Up to 3 goals after 28 minutes. 6 by 50 minutes. Piss poor.

Lucas Neill and co. gtfo.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 am

Just saw a story on channel 9 which said Australians experienced players are upset at the sacking, what this really means is: the older players who are more or less over the hill know they're all going to lose their spots in the team.

If they scored 6 in 50 mins we're lucky they didn't hit 10, it's not surprising that you've said the defense was as fault for all the goals, a pen 6 mins in really epitomizes how off the pace our back line is. I haven't seen the foul, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ribery won the penalty
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:29 am

Yeah, you're absolutely right about the "experienced" players. They are all WELL over the hill and afraid that they will lose their spots.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 am

I'm sorry but we are the biggest jokes in the world of football after these two hammerings against both Brazil and France. I was really hoping one as well in order for the Old Man to go.
This performance again shows why Lucas Niell, Luke Wilkshere, David Carney (wtf was he doing there), Matt McKay should all go along with Holman, Big Og, Thompson and possibly even Bresciano.
During the lead up to this match we had players and OLDger saying how we have learn't our lesson and produce a brilliant attacking, youthful approach against France. I swear I was witnessing Pim Verbeek all over again Germany but without a defense. We literally played two rightbacks (Holland and Wilkshere) and two leftbacks (Carney and McKay). There was no attacking runs or movements on the ball and we couldn't even protect the ball or even string 3 passes together in the middle half of the field. Alot of players and some fans saying how unfairly the coach has been handled but we have no defense structure, nor ability to find space off or on the ball, protect and keep the ball and the ability to win the ball. Too many long balls to no one and no buildup play.
No defense structure whatsoever. We showed we can't play a high line when we played against Brazil because of the ageing and slow backs we have and when we sat deep and try to compact the middle but it still failed with France playing through the wings in almost every attack.
When we brought in the likes of Leckie, Davidson and Ruka we had a players who had pace and had the ability to find and attack the gaps left by France. They say we have no young talent but I'm pretty sure that these two along with the likes of Kruse, Oar, Troisi etc. did more 'damage' than what our old blokes do in 70 or so minutes ffs
We going into a World Cup and we have nothing. Old players, no football style, no confidence. It was about time we took action. First on Holger and hopefully soon on some of the players Forza your talking about.
The new coach now has alot of work to do now to 2018 WC. Forget 2014, we are in a rut we're we are still relying on the Golden Generation of 06. We should have rejuvenated ages ago and yet we still have the same old crop of players. Gallop and his panel need to think carefully on the next coach. Got to get someone who will lead us to the right path, has a style of football that is both entertaining and has the ability to win games and bring through the youngsters.

The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am

The Future:

Goalkeepers:
Mitchell Langerak
Matthew Ryan
Mark Brighitti

Defenders:

Curtis Good
Trent Sainsbury
Matthew Spiranovic
Luke DeVere
Shane Lowry
Rhys Williams
Jason Davidson
Michael Zullo
Ryan McGowan
Connor Chapman
Michael Marrone
Nick Ansell

Midfielders:

James Holland
Chris Herd
Aaron Mooy
Moustafa Amini
Massimo Lugono
Tom Rogic
Mitch Nichols
Oliver Bozanic
Dario Vidosic
Josh Brilliante
Jackson Irvine
James Troisi

Attackers:

Robbie Kruse
Tommy Oar
Eli Babalj
Mitchell Duke
Tomi Juric
Kerem Bulut
Matthew Leckie
Nikita Rukavystva
Ryan Williams
Connor Pain

These are all quality players who are the future who should be in the Socceroos squad instead of the likes of Wilkshere, Niell, Big Og, Carney, Bresciano, Holman, McKay, Deadwhaite, Cornflakes, Brosque, Thompson etc.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:08 am

To be honest, I wouldn't cut all the older players, experience will be needed come Brazil.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 am

Why so that experince can get us 1-3 points in the world cup group stages, were a mere numbers team for the WC, were only there to ensure they have 32 teams playing in it. Why not just give our youth the chance to experience a world class tournament, so that when the asian cup comes, they will be better prepared and we increase our chances of actually winning it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 am

Just like you made up the numbers in 06?

Don't give me that crap, everyone wants to make it out of the group stages and you could fall one goal short of advancing, I know I'd want an experienced player in a situation where I'm 2 1 down in the 80th minute.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:32 am

Of course who doesn't, but keeping the retirement village in play isn't going to do it for us, there is a big difference between our 06 side and our current side, this team doesn't have the capacity to get out of the group stages unless were given a really easy group. Why waste a WC opportunity on a bunch of has beens, lets at least gain some benefit for future international tournaments.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:37 am

I am not saying take everyone but I would be against dropping every experienced player. People like Holman, Schwarzer and Probably Bresciano could still give something to the team.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:19 am

mr-r34 wrote:Why so that experince can get us 1-3 points in the world cup group stages, were a mere numbers team for the WC, were only there to ensure they have 32 teams playing in it. Why not just give our youth the chance to experience a world class tournament, so that when the asian cup comes, they will be better prepared and we increase our chances of actually winning it.
I disagree with this attitude. Every team should aim to win, whether you are Australia or Brazil, that is the attitude that a squad needs to take to a world cup.  That being said, our chances of winning it are not high. However, we shouldn't be playing youth over experience for the sake of it. If our younger players are better than our experienced players, only then should they be chosen at the expense of the experienced players. This is not about purging players based on what generation they were born in, this is about choosing the best talent to take to the WC, whether it be a 18 year old or a 42 year old. The bottom line is that players should be chosen on their merits. The WC is not the kind of tournament where you take a youth team to play. That would be a national embarrassment.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:29 am

To give an example to illustrate what I'm saying, I wouldn't be in favour of taking Nick Ansell (young) over Sasa Ogenovski (old). Ogenovski is by far the better player. I'd also take Schwarzer or Galekovic over Birighitti and possibly Ryan. The world cup is not an experimental tournament. Part of the reason Osiek was fired is that he didn't do the experimenting with young players when he had the chance (i.e. in the last 3 years).

I think the point that Kick was making (and I agree) is that some of these older players are potentially useful super-subs (e.g. Josh Kennedy is 31, but I'd take him over Connor Pain).
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:36 am

Forza wrote: That would be a national embarrassment.
As opposed the the last 2 games against France and Brazil.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:38 am

Yeah, Couldn't agree more, Forza.

If you look to your bench or even to your team when you need a goal. I'd rather have an experienced player than an unknown.

For example. In that situation, I'd rather have Drogba on my bench than Lukaku in the final moments of a cup much but I'd rather have Lukaku in my team over Drogba for the majority of the season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 am

mr-r34 wrote:
You have to be a fool not to grasp the idea that a successful WC team needs a balance of youth and experience.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:12 am

I'm not against Schwarzer or Bresciano to be cut out (even Wilkshere) as Bresciano has been and still is our best creative force in Australia. Aaron Mooy still isn't at the competitive international level to be starting in the World Cup. Schwarzer is necessary and adds experience in the goalkeeping department especially with Langerak and Ryan the other most likely options going to the WC. Need that little bit of experience.
Since moving to the Middle East Brett Holman has ruined his chances as we have Bozanic, Rogic and Vidosic all getting more minutes in better leagues. No need to keep someone who isn't needed.
I simply didn't think that Holger made sure the best players were playing with the national side. If so then we wouldn't be talking about blooding the youngsters because we already would be.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:17 am

I haven't seen Holman since he moved but from what I saw in the Socceroo's he did well enough I thought.

There is no way Schwarzer won't go to the WC, even as third choice, In a critical moment, I'd still choose him over any Australian GK.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:22 am

See how it goes but if both Ryan and Langerak are still performing as they are and Schwarzer ain't getting minutes especially with a new coach who is going to start from scratch then you may see Galekovic be in the starting squad instead of him. Though in general I agree with you Kick, think on form he probably is the best GK we have.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Luke Wilkshire and Tommy Oar released from Socceroos squad for international against Canada.

:facepalm:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Also where is Kizz, his long desired vision is finaly coming to fruition and hes not here to see it
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Forza wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:
You have to be a fool not to grasp the idea that a successful WC team needs a balance of youth and experience.
You have to be a fool to think i suggested that, i don't care how successful our WC is, chances are we aren't getting out of that group regardless of who is in our squad. Hiddink came out and said after the WC of 06 we needed to start developing, he said he did the best he could with what he had, the very two next coaches did none of that. They sat on their arse and hoped the aging 06 squad would deliver again. Guess what it's 2013 and we need to move on, bar maybe a few of the old boys, most need to go, give the youngsters a chance to taste pressure, so that were better set for the asian cup at home and for the next world cup.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next